rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Australia or America

Australia or America

Hey, Iam thinking to go to one of those places. But especially for Australia I have no Idea where to go.

So please help me, where in Australia are the best game spots?

America I was thinking about New York, San Diego or Miami. What do you guys think?

Australia or America

Depends on what you’re looking for, and you’re gaming style.

Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide have some cute girls and the competition is much lower than Melbourne and Sydney, but you won’t have access to much higher than a 7 if you’re lucky. Nightlife is also limited outside of Friday and Saturday nights so if you’re a big night game guy avoid these cities. Day game in the summer can be fruitful at beaches, festivals etc.

I’m not a big fan of Sydney due to the ridiculously bad logistics of the city (unless you can afford a central apartment) and the 1am lockout laws, but it does have hot multicultural women and I know guys who know what they’re doing and have certain niches can do well there.

Melbourne is my favourite city in Australia as it still has women from around the world, especially a lot of Australian bred Greek/Italian girls, but has a much better nightlife than Sydney. No lock out laws whatsoever and there’s always options Wednesday-Sunday at the very least. It doesn’t have a beach culture like the other major Aussie cities though, so once again depends what you’re looking for.

Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise) is always fun for a getaway. Great beaches, amusement parks and a solid nightlife year-round. The place is mostly full of Your stereotypical blonde, slightly bogan-ish Aussie birds though, which isn’t my type, but if you’re into that go for gold. Surfers Paradise also sees a lot of Japanese tourists.

I’d probably choose the US over Australia though. Far more significant country in the bigger picture, less of a backwater culture, and almost 400 million population compared to Australia’s 20 odd million. Plenty of hot latinas running around as well I assume.

Australia or America

Long term living -> Australia
Short-Mid Term -> US

Australia's got a good standard of living but to be honest it's quite boring for the most part. Miami, NY have much better night life compared to most places in Australia. I'm from Melbourne but live abroad now and I feel as if Australia just more favourable for the Marriage, Mortgage, Kids life.

Australia or America

U.S for the reasons mentioned above.

I wouldn't recommend Miami though. Unless you got a lot to spend, it's easy to feel like you're missing out on a lot of things.

San Diego is a little too small and spread out.

NYC and Chicago are your best bets. Huge cities, so much to do, easy to get around and believe it or not, you can play on your exotic factor. Be sure to make use of your accent, never be ashamed of it. They'll love it.

Cheers!

Australia or America

First, it kind of depends on your look and style and why you would like to travel to these countries. If meeting women is your goal, I don't think Australia might be good for the mid to long term. Even in the capital cities, people tend to be cliquey, it comes with the big country and small population nature to some extent. But there would probably be a lot of tourists from Europe but you got to have good logistics and cost of living down under is pretty high especially if you live in the city center. People come to australia more for the lifestyle but I think you can get that in some places in the US. Look around the forum, there is more info.

Australia or America

That's like asking if you'd rather eat shit or drink piss imo.

Australia or America

If you want to work for a living and already have a wife, Australia is a good place.

Just don't live in the poor areas of the cities, or you will have to deal with insufficient infrastructure and ethnic gangs.

Just scratch Sydney off the list though, rent will eat all of your income. Melbourne is OK but full of Indians and with average weather.

Australia or America

Quote: (03-16-2018 02:33 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

I think you're thinking about Cambodia.

Australia or America

USA by far. Much more diverse, better networking opps, better biz opps, sluttier women, more diverse women, better food...the list goes on.

NYC is the best city in the world

Australia or America

Everyone has a different standard of living but I've lived in both NYC and Miami. Both are very different for game.

I prefer to live alone and not with roommates. My living style is mid to high end loft style apartments. I eat out regularly mid range dinning with the occasional high end. I go out 3 - 5 nights per week, I drive, I usually have a regular mix of venues, usually one dive near my residence and a few mid to high end places I'll be a weekly regular in. I also had a mid sized cruising sailboat in both locations but I guess I can exclude that because it's not the norm at least in NYC. I'm personally obsessed with sailing.

If the aforementioned is similar to your desired lifestyle....

NYC - at least $9,500 - $11,000 per month not including taxes and minus the boat.
(with a boat slips can be had cheap believe it or not so add $1,500 per month for slip fees and maintenance.)

Miami - at least $9,000 - $10,000 per month (no state income taxes includes, boat, slip and maintenance)
(at least in Miami you will want at a minimum a decent boat to cruise around the bay with girls.)

The cost above was give or take my budget. The lifestyle above will give you access to most of the really good talent. Except for the girls looking for a guy with a holiday home in the Hampton's or Mega Yacht in Miami. Although you can always become the side lover for these types of girls.

I'm not saying one can't do these cities for less than my budgets as I had plenty of friends who were players that did. But I'd argue I for sure suffered from a lot less stress and was not always scrambling for money at the end of every month to pay bills.

Also I never had to deal with roommates in these cities which both attract some real scumbags. I can't count how many times I had to loan friends money when they or their roommates loss jobs or roommates just bounced right when the bills were due.

NYC and Miami can both easily chew people up and spit them out. NYC even more so because at least there you have some options to downgrade your lifestyle in some decent areas.

Miami you will need to have a car to survive. Public transportation is unmanageable there.

I'll also give a notable mentions:

Austin TX as there is very good talent and it's much cheaper than Miami or NYC. (I did well with women there but hated living there among the SJW's.)

Austin does have good job opportunities in tech.

New Orleans can be great to if you stick to fucking hot drunk tourist but good luck finding a hot local girl. Also infested with SJW's. New Orleans lifestyle can also get old very quickly.

New Orleans has no good job opportunities unless you work in the service industry.

Australia or America

Quote: (05-10-2018 02:36 AM)nola Wrote:  

Everyone has a different standard of living but I've lived in both NYC and Miami. Both are very different for game.

I prefer to live alone and not with roommates. My living style is mid to high end loft style apartments. I eat out regularly mid range dinning with the occasional high end. I go out 3 - 5 nights per week, I drive, I usually have a regular mix of venues, usually one dive near my residence and a few mid to high end places I'll be a weekly regular in. I also had a mid sized cruising sailboat in both locations but I guess I can exclude that because it's not the norm at least in NYC.

NYC - at least $9,500 - $11,000 per month not including taxes and minus the boat.
(with a boat slips can be had cheap believe it or not so add $1,500 per month for slip fees and maintenance.)

Miami - at least $9,000 - $10,000 (no state income taxes includes, boat, slip and maintenance)
(at least in Miami you will want at a minimum a decent boat to cruise around the bay with girls.)

The cost above was give or take my budget. The lifestyle above will give you access to most of the really good talent. Except for the girls looking for a guy with a holiday home in the Hampton's or Mega Yacht in Miami. Although you can always become the side lover for these types of girls.

Damn, that a high roller budget haha. Respect and props to you. My NYC/Boston budget was way lower and it's definitely do-able to live a decent lifestyle in these cities without breaking the bank.

I probably spend $1,500/month now. I live with a few roommates, in the outskirts of manhattan, but I'm still able to go out, hit all the free venues on weekends (there's a shit ton of free events in NYC/Boston all the time), have an unlimited subway card, etc. The subway goes everywhere so I'm not limited to any one spot. For dates I hit the bars with happy hour specials ($5/beer).

Besides from rent, NYC is a place where anyone can live incredibly cheaply. Food prices are cheap if you eat out in the outskirts neighborhoods (Queens, Brooklyn, Harlem, etc.) , transportation isn't too expensive (a ton of competition from Uber, Lyft, etc and the "Pool" options here are offered) and events are free.

Australia or America

Yeah, I'm not saying it cannot be done for cheaper I just put out the way I live. I lived in Park Slope in Brooklyn which is pretty expensive and the Lower East Side in Manhattan. They were my preferred spots for living. Brooklyn is kinda fucked now with the L train shut down for now. Or at least I heard it still was last time I talked to a friend there. I guess my point is my budget was not that baller for the neighborhoods I lived in and avoiding having roommates. Although sometimes roommates can work out really well. After several years of military service I was done living with a bunch of dudes.

Also want to note I'm a stickler for being able to make enough to also save money for retirement, traveling and emergencies after taxes. I should have factored that in as well. If I didn't care about that I guess I could knock of 2 - 3k off of each budget I proposed.

I lived in Boston for college, fuck Boston. Just my opinion, I'm sure others love it. But only if you like bars that do last call between 11:30 and 1am. Blue laws and dudes running around in sports jersey's losing their minds if they lose or even win a game. Also the girls look like shit in Boston in general.

Australia or America

Quote: (02-06-2018 02:28 PM)Tikimalore Wrote:  

Hey, Iam thinking to go to one of those places. But especially for Australia I have no Idea where to go.

So please help me, where in Australia are the best game spots?

America I was thinking about New York, San Diego or Miami. What do you guys think?

OP - What exactly are you looking for again?
Living long-term, or a vacation?
What's your budget?

There's no good way to answer this post without more details of what you want...

Australia or America

I prefer to live alone and not with roommates. My living style is mid to high end loft style apartments. I eat out regularly mid range dinning with the occasional high end. I go out 3 - 5 nights per week, I drive, I usually have a regular mix of venues, usually one dive near my residence and a few mid to high end places I'll be a weekly regular in. I also had a mid sized cruising sailboat in both locations but I guess I can exclude that because it's not the norm at least in NYC. I'm personally obsessed with sailing.

Miami - at least $9,000 - $10,000 per month (no state income taxes includes, boat, slip and maintenance)

I'm not saying one can't do these cities for less than my budgets as I had plenty of friends who were players that did. But I'd argue I for sure suffered from a lot less stress and was not always scrambling for money at the end of every month to pay bills.

Also I never had to deal with roommates in these cities which both attract some real scumbags. I can't count how many times I had to loan friends money when they or their roommates loss jobs or roommates just bounced right when the bills were due.

NYC and Miami can both easily chew people up and spit them out. NYC even more so because at least there you have some options to downgrade your lifestyle in some decent areas.

Miami you will need to have a car to survive. Public transportation is unmanageable there.

Austin TX as there is very good talent and it's much cheaper than Miami or NYC. (I did well with women there but hated living there among the SJW's.)

New Orleans can be great to if you stick to fucking hot drunk tourist but good luck finding a hot local girl. Also infested with SJW's. New Orleans lifestyle can also get old very quickly.

New Orleans has no good job opportunities unless you work in the service industry.

How was driving in New York? Is it feasible to have a car there or are you really better off just always using the subway? Also the 9.5-11k was that your expenses how much you spent on rent, food, transportation etc. or was that your income. I noticed you said you included savings in that amount so I was wondering.

Australia or America

Also you said you constantly had to lend money to people in New York. In Miami were people considerably less stressed out about money? I don't really want to be in a place where people are to stressed over money. Seeing someone doing good while you're doing bad can create a bad dynamic. Mostly I'm asking this question for the girls. I heard women do better in New York then men. So if I was doing decent in New York as a guy would girls I'm with constantly be asking me for shit?

I know there are gold diggers in many places but it's different when people are generally broke in an area and asking out of need vs just being gold diggers. So I'm wondering if girls are mostly broke and would be asking me for shit.

Australia or America

Quote: (05-10-2018 05:23 AM)pargan Wrote:  

How was driving in New York? Is it feasible to have a car there or are you really better off just always using the subway? Also the 9.5-11k was that your expenses how much you spent on rent, food, transportation etc. or was that your income. I noticed you said you included savings in that amount so I was wondering.

Driving sucks as much in NYC as any major city. You have to be an offensive driver to get anywhere "fast". Trains are almost always faster to get around than driving.

All my places included a parking spot in my rent except for one in which I paid an extra 150 or 175 per month I think for the buildings garage.

I personally had to drive up to Boston a few times a month while living in NYC and if I didn't have to do that I might have sold the car. For myself though I very much enjoyed escaping NYC some weekends and driving up to Newport RI or visiting the Catskills.

My budget included everything, rent, food, entertainment, dating, insurance, bills ect... My savings with both budgets for NYC and Miami was anywhere between 2k - 3k per month after taxes.

Australia or America

Quote: (05-10-2018 05:47 AM)pargan Wrote:  

Also you said you constantly had to lend money to people in New York. In Miami were people considerably less stressed out about money? I don't really want to be in a place where people are to stressed over money. Seeing someone doing good while you're doing bad can create a bad dynamic. Mostly I'm asking this question for the girls. I heard women do better in New York then men. So if I was doing decent in New York as a guy would girls I'm with constantly be asking me for shit?

I know there are gold diggers in many places but it's different when people are generally broke in an area and asking out of need vs just being gold diggers. So I'm wondering if girls are mostly broke and would be asking me for shit.

Miami "has a much more laid back feeling than NYC" but that's due to to something a friend once told me. Miami is a BBW city... (Beach, Boats & Weather)

You'll run into all the same fiscal issues in Miami that you'd see in NYC. I don't really know a major city in the world immune to this.

Girls are going to eventually ask you for shit no matter where you go, and if you marry one and get a divorce she will surely steal it after. If you date a independent career women maybe not... but I've dated rich girls and was once married to a very wealthy trust fund girl. They still wanted gifts to suffice their need to feel wanted.

Any girl you're dating asking you for money unless you're in a relationship is a red flag. I only loaned money to a few male friends when they were having a tough go. Or a girl I was in an actual relationship with. But never to a girl I'm dating. And no in neither city did I have girls constantly asking me for shit.

I did not see any noticeable difference in the ratio of gold diggers between Miami and NYC

Also I come from a father who was a family attorney many years and told me all women are gold diggers. The only exception is some show you very early but all will eventually show you later.

Australia or America

Depends what you are after. I find Australia to be significantly easier to land a ONS with a girl than the US. Especially in Melbourne. After Melbourne i'd suggest Sydney as next best option. Gold Coast and Byron Bay are not bad options either, and if you like the backpacker scene then hit up Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays (access the barrier reef from there..)

Really enjoyed the 3 times i've been to the states but for the partying i did i only kissed a few girls and not one ONS. Maybe i just didn't go to the right places..

Australia or America

Quote: (05-10-2018 08:04 AM)Bryce Wrote:  

Depends what you are after. I find Australia to be significantly easier to land a ONS with a girl than the US. Especially in Melbourne. After Melbourne i'd suggest Sydney as next best option. Gold Coast and Byron Bay are not bad options either, and if you like the backpacker scene then hit up Airlie Beach in the Whitsundays (access the barrier reef from there..)

Really enjoyed the 3 times i've been to the states but for the partying i did i only kissed a few girls and not one ONS. Maybe i just didn't go to the right places..

Are you actually from OZ? with an accent?

If you can't clean up anywhere in the USA with a British, Scottish, Irish, Aussie or NZ accent your game is severely lacking or you have a physical abnormality.

Australia or America

Australia seems really boring. Now that I am based out in Asia I am planning on checking out Oceania for myself, but at best it seems like a warm version of Canada...

Australia or America

Quote: (05-10-2018 11:32 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Australia seems really boring. Now that I am based out in Asia I am planning on checking out Oceania for myself, but at best it seems like a warm version of Canada...

it is boring......I just got back from there.

Australia or America

NYC or Chicago in the US. NYC if you can afford it, Chicago if you can't afford NYC.

Australia or America

Quote: (05-10-2018 11:32 AM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

That, or like an alternative version of California. The most interesting thing about Australia are surfer-chicks, beaches, and the aborigines in the Outback.

Australia or America

Quote: (03-16-2018 02:33 PM)Cambodian Creamsicle Wrote:  

I'll add the only question is whether you prefer bailing to Latin American or Asia.

Australia or America

If you aren’t top 5-10% in looks along with a decent bank roll, I wouldn’t recommend either. If you are then Australia or the US aren’t nearly as miserable as most make it seem. I’d definitely rather be in New York, Melbourne, Vegas etc than a shithole like Manila or Peru if you can compete for the best girls.