rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I buy this Blazer?

Costs 250 Euro on Sale

What look do you want to go for?

To me this says "dandy".

Look I wanna go for is understatement. To me it looks pretty conservative. I dont wanna go to work all suited up or in a Navy Blazer.

No you can buy a less ugly one much cheaper.

Mr. Flappy,

Don't buy that. It looks bad. The lines were just drawn on with bleach at the sweatshop. Don't do it.

Aloha!

It’s not a blazer it’s a jacket (or a coat if you’re British).

I find it original. The brown color is difficult to wear for business and the windowpanes are very visible.

It depends on whether or not your name is Mr. Flappy when you are not on the internet. If that is the case, go ahead, the jacket won't matter.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I like something like this:

[Image: b6e60f245f002826941d5ed4fa8089c2.jpg]

Any recommendations on where to get something like this?

Suit Supply

Nope.

At best it screams a little bit hipster k-selection - not a good thing for seduction.

At worst it just looks nerdy - also not a good look.

[Image: latest?cb=20120423184452]

That blazer hardly says, "understatement." Like Z said, it screams, "hipster." 250 Euros??? Pffft! No way.

Talk to Manny at Well Built Style or just read through his articles. He offers personalized help.

I do agree w/ others here you can do better in terms of style, quality, and price.

No, you shouldn't buy that one, OP. Someone said it nice about how it looks k-selected hipster haha.

This Instagram though, there's some nice inspiration:

http://www.instagram.com/menwithclass

[Image: IrhHhEk.png]

That's almost how you wear a suit if you are a G. Just need some socks on.

They sell that at target right?

Quote: (01-29-2018 09:26 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

They sell that at target right?

No way! Target is still tasteful.

They probably sell it at Walmart though.

Fuck! I though this was going to be thread about a Chevy Blazer.

I dont wanna go for that Look. It looks really tryhard.
and overdressed.
If I show up at court like this Im gonna stick out like a sore thumb. No laywer here suits up like this. Its like an unwritten code that you should dress down a little actually, showing that you have so much work to do and are really serious, you cant be bothered to show up with smthg like in the instagram.

Besides, going to office in a three piece suit is ridiculous.

I asked some girls now actually and they all like it.

I think it is ugly. And the price is just too much. But you do you.

Deus vult!

Why you would pay $250 for a blazer is beyond me. I'm assuming you are not a rich playboy?

Give us more information about what you're attempting to accomplish so we can really help you.

I wear blazers all the time and get eye fucked.

Quote: (01-30-2018 03:43 AM)Cobra Wrote:  

I wear blazers all the time and get eye fucked.

Indeed.

Also waistcoats with no blazer. With a good shirt its great. And it is much easier to go casual with waistcoats I think.

Deus vult!

I want to pull off the smart casual look basically. I usially wear a Dark Brown/Dark Grey Blazer with grey jeans and brown shoes.

I think the picture doesnt do the Jacket justice. In real life it has a really nice material, but I'm still unsure about the checquering.

I think that when you re young and boyish looking like me, you should rather dress more on the low key side to contrast your young appearance overall. Older guys, can pull off the Navy/Black suited up look much better. With young guys it can look stupid and try hard very fast.

Quote: (01-30-2018 02:36 AM)Mr.Flappy Wrote:  

I dont wanna go for that Look. It looks really tryhard.
and overdressed.
If I show up at court like this Im gonna stick out like a sore thumb. No laywer here suits up like this. Its like an unwritten code that you should dress down a little actually, showing that you have so much work to do and are really serious, you cant be bothered to show up with smthg like in the instagram.

Besides, going to office in a three piece suit is ridiculous.

I asked some girls now actually and they all like it.

So how about you write in the OP what you actually need the suit for next time around? Nowhere did you write that you needed the suit to appear in court.

But what you're basically saying is that you don't want to dress like a damn G because you're afraid to be "overdressed"?
I don't even think there's even such thing as being overdressed, you think like an average person, that's a mindset for a life in mediocrity.

Look at that Dan Pena guy, super successful man who is the best dressed man anywhere he goes, in any setting and he isn't afraid to completely outshine people. He talks about dressing for success - if you're average in one area of your life, you're probably average and failing in others areas too in your life. And perception is reality, if you dress like a mega successful guy other people, then not only will other start to perceive you more as one, but you'll feel more like one too and that you deserve success.
I believe there's something to that.

And the girls all said they liked it? Well, no shit.

There is definitely something like being overdressed, especially when it comes to Suits. Showing up in an office looking like P Diddy in three piece when all you have to do is push papers is outright ridiculous.

This is fine and decent:

This looks ridiculous: