rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What your car says about you

Tonight, a few of us caught up for drinks before going out, and one of the guys talked about how a potential plate flaked on him he believes due to the type of car he was driving (older model Honda). He wasn't worried about it, but rather started a discussion around how important what you drive vs. how well you take care of what you drive.

My view was my car and home will always been clean, which reflects on my value of self. Some other guys I know eat out of their front seat, and have trash all over their car. Those guys seem to have clutter in other areas of their life too.

Just keep it clean.

A car can tell us about conscientiousness - one of the 2 factors predicting lifetime success:

Gotta look and find the part about conscientiousness.

1. IQ is best predictor of lifetime success

2. Conscientiousness is second and comprised of:

a) Industriousness

b) Orderliness

Out of those 3 orderliness is the least important, but it can be an indicator.

IQ and industriousness are the main determinants - if girls wanted to select a man at age 19/20 on the probability of his success-rate then they should just pick the man with a high IQ and a strong work ethic.

Orderliness is spread out among the population unevenly - there are very dumb people who are orderly, but generally it is also somewhat an indicator of at least a stable mindset, because those people have their life around them in order.

Though honestly with the people I met, then IQ and industriousness were by far more important. I met creative high-IQ super-wealthy slobs and I met low-IQ super orderly morons who were making a mess ouf of their lives.

Five seat cab, 4WD, pick-up trucks.
Practical & versatile.
Well...
To a point.

[Image: FORD%2BF650.png]

I would agree OP it's less about the kind of car you drive and more about how you treat it, most women don't care or know anything about cars anyway.

Quote: (01-21-2018 05:11 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

A car can tell us about conscientiousness - one of the 2 factors predicting lifetime success:

Gotta look and find the part about conscientiousness.

1. IQ is best predictor of lifetime success

2. Conscientiousness is second and comprised of:

a) Industriousness

b) Orderliness

Out of those 3 orderliness is the least important, but it can be an indicator.

IQ and industriousness are the main determinants - if girls wanted to select a man at age 19/20 on the probability of his success-rate then they should just pick the man with a high IQ and a strong work ethic.

Orderliness is spread out among the population unevenly - there are very dumb people who are orderly, but generally it is also somewhat an indicator of at least a stable mindset, because those people have their life around them in order.

Though honestly with the people I met, then IQ and industriousness were by far more important. I met creative high-IQ super-wealthy slobs and I met low-IQ super orderly morons who were making a mess ouf of their lives.

I would have guessed that orderliness was as important as industriousness but it appears that's not the case. According to Peterson, you can actually train yourself to become more orderly but methods for becoming more industriousness seem to be quite a mystery. I think orderliness is simply a reflection of someone's mind. Messy people have cluttered minds and probably have a very impoverished understanding of their own lives. It's really astonishing how many cars I get into that are just cluttered with bullshit everywhere, it's rare for me to get into a car that is neat and clean that isn't driven by someone over 50 years old. I mean really, if someone can't even keep their car clean (which almost entirely consists of throwing out all your shit any time you go to a gas station), what on Earth makes you think that person has their shit together? It really bewilders me that successful people can be completely unorganized slobs with no structure/routine/schedules etc. I can't wrap my head around it.

A friend of mine swears ever since he bought his Audi he gets more 9s. I told he doesn't get 9s he gets gold diggers.

Quote: (01-21-2018 10:27 AM)treypound Wrote:  

A friend of mine swears ever since he bought his Audi he gets more 9s. I told he doesn't get 9s he gets gold diggers.

Thats probably because he has more confidence in himself then he used to.

I've had some nice cars and some shitty cars. Currently drive a very nice one and it doesnt hurt, but if you have gotten them to the car you have done most of the work. A clean, well kept, 5-10 year old mid level car like a Honda Accord or Ford Explorer will rarely hurt you as long as you dont let it psyche you out. And if she says anything, say you prefer not having a car payment so you can invest the money and use it for new experiences.

Girls dont really understand the monetary value of cars. If a girl makes a comment on someones car ask her what year it was and what the mileage is and she will have no fucking idea.

A car is a tool, a machine for going from A to B and making money. Unfortunately in the US more than any other western nation, the car you drive has become a part of your identity. A status symbol. For superficial people that lack any critical thinking ability (i.e. most women) the kind of car you drive indicates your social status and if it won't elevate hers she will likely either lose interest or hold it against you in her mind. She will immediately ask herself: "what if my friends saw me get out of that car?"

-Guy A leases a newer luxury sedan and pays to have it detailed and serviced.

-Guy B owns outright an older mid level sedan that he details and services himself.

It's easy to figure out in this day and age what will make a "better" first impression. It would be foolish to think that most girls would say to themselves: "Guy B has his shit in one sock by owning that Accord with a much lower total cost of ownership so he can invest in his business/stocks/crypto". Fuck no, they're thinking "damn if I pulled up to the club with Guy A my besties would be totes jelly! OMG!"

Thats what game is for. If you give her enough tingles, she will beg to get pounded in the back of your Honda. Keep it clean and in top running condition.

Cool cars help you get laid. I got laid more in college when I drove a classic Mercedes.

I even would subtly drop it in conversation and tell stories about it as well as the history. Girls loved it. Banged many chicks in the back seat.

The car had 368k on it too. Thing looked dope as hell.

Quote: (01-21-2018 11:10 AM)TheBMan Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2018 10:27 AM)treypound Wrote:  

Thats probably because he has more confidence in himself then he used to.

I've had some nice cars and some shitty cars. Currently drive a very nice one and it doesnt hurt, but if you have gotten them to the car you have done most of the work. A clean, well kept, 5-10 year old mid level car like a Honda Accord or Ford Explorer will rarely hurt you as long as you dont let it psyche you out. And if she says anything, say you prefer not having a car payment so you can invest the money and use it for new experiences.

Girls dont really understand the monetary value of cars. If a girl makes a comment on someones car ask her what year it was and what the mileage is and she will have no fucking idea.

I agree with this. My ex had no real understanding of money, and assumed it was perfectly normal to have car payments for the rest of your life. Wealth creation is important to me.

As for my friend, he went from a 2009 accord coupe in pretty rough shape to the Audi, and his confidence went up 10x. For him, it's worth the 700/mo payment

Worth a 1000 words & so forth.

[Image: AEoTzjy4?format=jpg&name=600x314]

Quote: (01-21-2018 07:01 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

We've had the car-Game efficiency topic.

Leaving aside self-confidence boosting cars - the effectiveness scale goes:

1. Super-high end sports cars like Lamborghini
2. Pick up trucks
3. Classic cars - sports cars
4. Classic cars - others
5. Luxury cars
etc

The biggest response is created by high-end vehicles if the drivers has the combined confidence and does something with it.

Otherwise women are lousy character judges of cars - they cannot differentiate between a 5yo old Porsche Boxster for 20k and a new 150k Porsche 911 Porsche Turbo. It will be all the same to most of them.

I even knew a guy who bought himself a Ferrari facsimile for 7000$ - most women thought that he was driving a real Ferrari.

A classic sports car for 7000$ will do more to women panties than a 100k Mercedes sedan.

Quote: (01-22-2018 02:53 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (01-21-2018 07:01 PM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

We've had the car-Game efficiency topic.

Leaving aside self-confidence boosting cars - the effectiveness scale goes:

1. Super-high end sports cars like Lamborghini
2. Pick up trucks
3. Classic cars - sports cars
4. Classic cars - others
5. Luxury cars
etc

I've had on numerous occasions women compliment my truck.

Example: Was texting this blonde I met at a bar a few weeks ago. She asked me what I was doing after work, told her I was changing the oil on my truck. Her response was "OMG you have a truck?!" And then she proceeded to tell me how much she loves them and how she wants a ride. Usually send them a picture of it and they just say how they think it's sexy.

Guess when women see a pick up truck, they think it's rugged and masculine which is a plus.

I always keep it clean, especially the interior. Whenever I have picked up women to take somewhere, they usually marveled at how clean the inside of my truck is compared to the inside of their vehicles.

Take pride in what you own. It doesn't matter if your vehicle is a beater that gets you from A to B. Keep the oil changed and keep everything clean, and you'll feel better about your vehicle as well as yourself.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Quote: (01-22-2018 12:28 PM)Remington Wrote:  

I've had on numerous occasions women compliment my truck.
Example: Was texting this blonde I met at a bar a few weeks ago. She asked me what I was doing after work, told her I was changing the oil on my truck. Her response was "OMG you have a truck?!" And then she proceeded to tell me how much she loves them and how she wants a ride. Usually send them a picture of it and they just say how they think it's sexy.
Guess when women see a pick up truck, they think it's rugged and masculine which is a plus.
I always keep it clean, especially the interior. Whenever I have picked up women to take somewhere, they usually marveled at how clean the inside of my truck is compared to the inside of their vehicles.
Take pride in what you own. It doesn't matter if your vehicle is a beater that gets you from A to B. Keep the oil changed and keep everything clean, and you'll feel better about your vehicle as well as yourself.

There's also the enticement of power that I've noticed with chicks & trucks.
In a distinct part time side gig I have.
When given the opportunity to volunteer for a light truck driving course, some of the guys would put their names forth for the interest of fun of it.
Yet they'd never leap at the opportunity as much as most of the chicks would.
To the point where I'd say chicks being able to drive a larger, more powerful vehicle is an element of 'power' compensation for them.

Chrysler Grand Voyager
I have driven a few girls around and they don’t mind the child seat in the back. Makes them feel all grown up

Most girls know shit about cars, but they do know about brands.

You can be driving a top end Nissan that could smoke a Ferrari, but the girl is going to want the Ferrari guy.

For women, it's all about image.

Fuck cars. Motorcycle, hands down. The amount of girls who open me when I am carrying my helmet around was an eye opener. I just told them I have a helmet because I am clumsy or it's for my Vespa. If the convo carries, a ride usually happens... then another ride later (lol).

I think the motorcycle conveys something much more masculine than even a fancy car (I have those too... never any bites).

I just bought a 2018 Triumph T120 Black Graphite and a flat grey 2018 Honda Grom. I rode the bus and metrolink light rail train for over 2 years. I had an old 89 Crown Vic that died after 308,000 miles.

I got my credit right. Decided to finance the bike, went back in yesterday and bought the Grom.

I did not buy the Triumph to get girls. I bought it for me. If girls like it, that is just a perk of ownership.

Cosign with Astro but like BlackFriar said don't be buying bikes for chicks - do it because that shit is fun.

DON'T show off doing things you don't have experience doing, I can't tell you how many idiots I see on Dynas trying to pop wheelies and looping their bike (and wrecking it).

Always ride safe !

Quote: (01-25-2018 12:54 AM)Cane Toad Wrote:  

You can be driving a top end Nissan that could smoke a Ferrari, but the girl is going to want the Ferrari guy.

You don't know about cars either. The GTR can top a few ferraris made over the last several years, but not many, and the low end of the line. And only by miliseconds. Keep in mind Nissan's low end is the fucking Altima and ferraris is the California T. Thats perspective.

I've driven a gtr and it's a stupid plastic piece of crap. People talk like it's some kind of super chariot made by Jesus himself.

Aloha!

Quote: (01-28-2018 05:32 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2018 12:54 AM)Cane Toad Wrote:  

You don't know about cars either. The GTR can top a few ferraris made over the last several years, but not many, and the low end of the line. And only by miliseconds. Keep in mind Nissan's low end is the fucking Altima and ferraris is the California T. Thats perspective.

I've driven a gtr and it's a stupid plastic piece of crap. People talk like it's some kind of super chariot made by Jesus himself.

Aloha!

But, what do you do if your car OD's?

I drive a big truck because it suits my lifestyle. I like to camp, hike, fish, hunt, etc. I keep all my stuff in there.

If she asks about why I drive it, that's the answer. Most of them like it and find it masculine.

Can't take a BMW off roading.

Keep the interior real clean.