rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Email from twitter warning about "Russian linked activities"

I just got an email from Twitter advising me that they suspended an account from a Russian-led propaganda effort. Anyone else get this?

Quote:Quote:

As part of our recent work to understand Russian-linked activities on Twitter during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, we identified and suspended a number of accounts that were potentially connected to a propaganda effort by a Russian government-linked organization known as the Internet Research Agency.

Consistent with our commitment to transparency, we are emailing you because we have reason to believe that you either followed one of these accounts or retweeted or liked content from these accounts during the election period. This is purely for your own information purposes, and is not related to a security concern for your account.

We are sharing this information so that you can learn more about these accounts and the nature of the Russian propaganda effort. You can see examples of content from these suspended accounts on our blog if you're interested.

People look to Twitter for useful, timely, and appropriate information. We are taking active steps to stop malicious accounts and Tweets from spreading, and we are determined to keep ahead of the tactics of bad actors. For example, in recent months we have developed new techniques to identify accounts manipulating our platform, have improved our process for challenging suspicious accounts, and have introduced new measures designed to identify and take action on coordinated malicious activity. In 2018, we are building on these improvements. Our blog also contains more information about these efforts.

People come to Twitter to see what's happening in the world. We are committed to making it the best place to do that and to being transparent with the people who use and trust our platform.

Twitter

Translation: "We're doing this in an effort to repeat the leftoid fantasy mantra that the Russians stole the election and we earnestly hope you eventually believe it too. When it comes to actually manipulating what people see, we're way ahead of them anyway with out shadow banning and viewpoint-based algorithms. Yes, Trump himself is the only thing keeping the lights on at this company, but we still can't stand diversity of opinion on our platform. Get back in line. Thanks."

In a non-retarded world, Twitter would be writing this:

As part of our recent work to understand GEORGE SOROS-linked activities on Twitter during the 2016 U.S. presidential election, we identified and suspended a number of accounts that were potentially connected to a propaganda effort by a GEORGE SOROS-linked organization known as the OPEN SOCIETY FOUNDATIONS.

Consistent with our commitment to transparency, we are emailing you because we have reason to believe that you either followed one of these accounts or retweeted or liked content from these accounts during the election period. This is purely for your own information purposes, and is not related to a security concern for your account.

We are sharing this information so that you can learn more about these accounts and the nature of the GEORGE SOROS propaganda effort. You can see examples of content from these suspended accounts on our blog if you're interested.

People look to Twitter for useful, timely, and appropriate information. We are taking active steps to stop malicious accounts and Tweets from spreading, and we are determined to keep ahead of the tactics of bad actors. For example, in recent months we have developed new techniques to identify accounts manipulating our platform, have improved our process for challenging suspicious accounts, and have introduced new measures designed to identify and take action on coordinated malicious activity. In 2018, we are building on these improvements. Our blog also contains more information about these efforts.

People come to Twitter to see what's happening in the world. We are committed to making it the best place to do that and to being transparent with the people who use and trust our platform.

Twitter

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

The Gateway Pundit has something on this.

Consistent with our commitment to transparency, we are emailing notifications to 677,775 people in the United States who followed one of these accounts or retweeted or liked a Tweet from these accounts during the election period. Because we have already suspended these accounts, the relevant content on Twitter is no longer publicly available.

In total, during the time period we investigated, the 3,814 identified IRA-linked accounts posted 175,993 Tweets, approximately 8.4% of which were election-related.

That's a shocking 14,783 election fiddling tweets. Nothing burgers are 10 a penny.

[Image: DT-AB1nXkAAMImW?format=jpg]

Take care of those titties for me.

On a similar note, Facebook has restructured their newsfeed algorithm to deal with "fake news", and to keep discussions more positive( read: no anti-immigration, anti-globalist rhetoric).

I think it's getting to the point where we all need to delete our social media accounts. These companies are nothing more than left wing propaganda tools.

I dont even think they care about profit anymore. Zuckerberg said he expects the changes means people will spend LESS TIME on Facebook. From a biz standpoint, that's insane!

The Russian Influence ops were real. So was the actual hacking around the elections. Did it tip the election to Trump? I don't know that. I did personally work on the first two things mentioned, so I can speak with authority and not just an outsider. It actually consumed a couple thousand of my work hours.

It's given some companies an opp to justify filtering out more conservative news, for sure.

This is leftist fascism as we know it

Quote: (01-20-2018 01:30 PM)astro Wrote:  

The Russian Influence ops were real. So was the actual hacking around the elections. Did it tip the election to Trump? I don't know that. I did personally work on the first two things mentioned, so I can speak with authority and not just an outsider. It actually consumed a couple thousand of my work hours.

It's given some companies an opp to justify filtering out more conservative news, for sure.

Yea I saw a lot of Russian posters in conservative Facebook groups during the election...posting outlandish fake news.

Do I think it turned the election? No. The people falling for that we're already on the Trump train.

Secondly, if the Russians did actually turn the tide, then we all should send Putin a thank you note.

Lastly, this whole "a foreign power meddled in our elections" business is laughable considering Israel's enormous influence in our political system which goes entirely ignored.

AIPAC and JSREET pump BILLIONS into pro-israel candidates, and have pretty much ran our foreign policy for the last 60+ years.

That doesn't exactly mean that Trump was a Russian plant.

If it was the case that the right wing is just a Russian astroturf operation, then how do you explain Russian sponsorship of Black Lives Matter?

Read the OSF leaks on the topic. The Russian agenda is simply to disrupt the effectiveness of NATO-sphere governments in order to limit their ability to project power globally. Nothing more or less at this time. It is highly unlikely that the Russians would try to get a patsy up on stage because they themselves (according to the same intelligence reports being cited bizarrely) had concluded that US elections were a complete sham and not worth trying to influence directly.

You know what's really ironic about all this hysteria over Putin? That Putin wouldn't be in office if not for attempts by US oligarchs to manipulate Russian politics and plant a patsy in the presidency.

Quote: (01-20-2018 01:42 PM)Teep Wrote:  

Yea I saw a lot of Russian posters in conservative Facebook groups during the election...posting outlandish fake news.

Do I think it turned the election? No. The people falling for that we're already on the Trump train.

Secondly, if the Russians did actually turn the tide, then we all should send Putin a thank you note.

Lastly, this whole "a foreign power meddled in our elections" business is laughable considering Israel's enormous influence in our political system which goes entirely ignored.

AIPAC and JSREET pump BILLIONS into pro-israel candidates, and have pretty much ran our foreign policy for the last 60+ years.

Truth. And those are not the only two groups doing it, either. No president from either party - hell, even a member of congress - gets elected nowadays without being thoroughly vetted on their Israel stance. The political graveyard is full of people who dared challenge this requirement.

As for Russians getting involved in propaganda operations, well they've been doing that all over the world for decades. Nothing new here; and no, it doesn't tie Trump to anything. What it does is create the idea that our elections cannot be trusted - in that sense, mission accomplished for Putin.

I still never get a clear answer when someone suggests the election was "hacked." How so? Is there any evidence votes were not counted, machines did not work, debate questions got shared between news organizations and a favored candidate, er... oops. nevermind that last bit - nothing to see here.

Most of your typical normies fail to recognize that info/mass media can be weaponized. So yeah, I guess you could say Russia's putting a particular narrative out there for consumption by American social media audiences, but is anything we do in the US any different? How many people watch RT or read SputnikNews...? Not many at all. I'm sure some idiots that believed some Russian memes they saw on social media, but they were probably idiots to begin with. American propaganda: Voice of America, NPR, Radio Free Europe, the list goes on and on... Why are americans not aware of this stuff? Organizations like Voice of America are prohibited from broadcasting within the US. Just because it appears we don't engage in propagandizing, doesn't mean that we don't. Social media, amazon, google, they all have connections to the US intel community and are downright deferential to US government dictates because of contracts and secret agreements they have. The US also has a social media influence campaign.

What's the big deal with Russia's campaign, is this surprising to us at all? If you live in a fundamentally free society you can't restrict the free flow of information. Information almost always flows between people with some ulterior motive... Take a look at the number of democracies we've subverted, it's a lot. CIA, mass media, Hollywood, are way more effective doing this propagandizing out in the open than any covert campaign.

Yet they made such a fuss about McCarthy's legitimate communist infiltration concerns back in the day...

Just demonstrates the degree to which the leftist / 'progressive' / amygdala deficient individual will go to, to avoid consequence.
It's always someone else's fault..

https://mobile.twitter.com/katestarbird/...8652332032

Played both sides.

I lol'ed because for me and several others with Gmail accounts, this went straight to our SPAM folders [Image: lol.gif]

Since Google makes use of user markings for its spam filter training, this means a majority of people flagged this piece of shit from twatter.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Quote: (01-22-2018 10:42 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

I lol'ed because for me and several others with Gmail accounts, this went straight to our SPAM folders [Image: lol.gif]

Since Google makes use of user markings for its spam filter training, this means a majority of people flagged this piece of shit from twatter.

I lol'ed at that since I'd never give Twitter an email address I might care about, like my regular gmail. They have a throwaway address that gets forwarded to me. Otherwise, yeah, I'd have never seen it either.

These people are losing their grip on the narrative and getting desperate.

[Image: attachment.jpg38394]   
[Image: attachment.jpg38395]   
[Image: attachment.jpg38396]   

Where's the proof of the actual hacking and influence ops? Got any links?

Quote: (01-23-2018 12:07 PM)BassPlayaYo Wrote:  

Where's the proof of the actual hacking and influence ops? Got any links?

Don't you read the PostTimes and watch MSNBCBSABC??!? SEVENTEEN intelligence agencies, and 98% of dentists have confirmed that Russia hacked the elections, the power grid and your OK Cupid dating profile.

All you need to know about Feinstein:

Feinstein has some tribal inclinations that are at the root of the virulently anti-Russian hatred agenda shared by all neocons, they just can't stand that Putin has been reviving a great traditional Christian nation, a nation they've worked for over 100 years to destroy.

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Quote: (01-23-2018 11:51 AM)Adonis Wrote:  

Yep. Substitute the word "Israeli" for "Russian" in that letter and it'd be a lot more accurate.

Even so, state sponsored shitposting on twitter does not amount to "hacking an election." Buying political loyalties via AIPAC influences and enforcing it through threats of public shaming is much closer to that.

So they finally got the smoking gun - 13 Russians charged with identity theft, which they used to buy facebook ads, which supposedly led to "stealing the election."

Never mind that there's no link to Trump and they began this nonsense in 2014.

Uh huh. No wonder they waited until Friday afternoon for this lame news dump.

On the left, this is ammo for their agenda. The real concern, from my perspective, is that you have a nation-state able to cause discord about our electoral processes. We did the same thing (through Clinton's state dept) in Russia -- revenge. Pennsylvania recently has required paper ballots as backups to electronic, which is a good move.

Also, for any folks in the DC area who would like to chat more in depth about this, I am sure we could grab a few drinks. I'm not going to mouth off on a public forum, even though it's not state secrets.

Quote: (01-23-2018 11:51 AM)Adonis Wrote:  

So you're under investigation for being a Russian puppet, but if you complain about the investigation that also makes you a Russian puppet. Niiiiiiiice.

Reminds me of the Bosnian saying "Kadija te tuži, kadija te sudi" ("The Ottoman judge sues you, the Ottoman judge sentences you").

Also see: medieval witch trials in which the accused woman was thrown into a lake with a stone around her neck - if she was innocent she would drown, and if she didn't drown that meant the Devil was aiding her so she was pulled out and burned at the stake.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

How many of you guys have been banned or suspended from Twitter? My account was locked last week and they haven't responded to emails.

Ever since this Russian BS they have really been cracking down hard. I didn't post excessively but I think their excuse is that I did "aggressive following", I was following a couple hundred people per day spread throughout the day and I was unfollowing people if they didn't follow me after a week. Twitter has a limit of following 1000 people per day so I thought if I stayed below that and spread out the follows and unfollows I would be ok.

Not related to Twitter but, has anyone ever noticed if you go into forums or sites that have content that is not PC on your phone gets an Amazon Gift Card prize site sent to your phone? I've seen this with several sites.

If you watch a Russian channel on YouTube now there's a warning right below the video saying "such and such channel (RT for example ) is sponsored in whole, or in part, by the Russian government". I guess to warn people that they might be watching russian propaganda .