rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Margaret Atwood supports due process; cue feminist butthurt

Margaret Atwood believes in due process. Margaret Atwood believes that rape accusations and university proceedings should be transparent and that the accused should have a right to defend themselves; that a man should not be fired from a university based solely on an accusation from a mentally ill woman who abuses alcohol and drugs (there's more to the story; this crazy bitch got other women to also accuse Galloway. Click on the link for the entire soap opera.)

As you can imagine, this has resulted in butthurt from feminists who do not believe in due process.

[Image: facepalm.png]

(Note that this has been mentioned in another thread as well as in an article quoted here, but since Margaret Atwood is such a well-known feminist -- my young millennial relatives are a fan of her work -- it deserves its own thread)

"High Priest Nergal outraged worshipers today by stating that only the old and weak slaves should be sacrificed to Hel."

Atwood is a toxic human being, who not only destroys humans with her ugly works, but destroys literature itself - she never finishes her stories because she's, like, deep and profound, man.

I don't think she's opposed to this because she's in favour of due process; I think she worries it'll reveal women for the sinful human beings that they are.

Revolutions always eat their own.

HSLD

I think these old time feminists are a bit worried the 4th wave big-reds are jumping the shark.

This reads more like:

"Ladies I think we need to cool it a bit or the men are going to wise up to our game that women only pretend to have agency and they're going to realize that our opinions don't really matter. Let's not ruin a good thing."

Its a bit funny that we are seeing this from a feminist.
It's also relevant to me as this week a few girls at school have been throwing their pussy at me looking for the hookup.
If i get the hint she's crazy or uses drugs/booze frequently i have a standard response for them.

"If we hook up, how do i know that you wont turn around and say i raped you 6 months from now?"
They usually reply with some half ass response about how they aren't like those other girls etc.
"How about i video tape it and you can give verbal and signed consent every 5 minutes during sex?"

That request is too woke for 99% of the girls out there.
They usually leave me alone.

Quote: (01-16-2018 02:12 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

Atwood is a toxic human being, who not only destroys humans with her ugly works, but destroys literature itself - she never finishes her stories because she's, like, deep and profound, man.

I tried to read The Handmaid's Tale once, and I really did try to give it a fair shake. But it was a truly awful piece of work.

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Wasn't there some scandal about her own sexual abuse? My guess is that she is hedging her bets.

Atwood's toxic masculinity dystopias are part of what created this mess in the first place.

When you feel a sense of moral outrage towards one group or another you always feel justified in exerting more and more collective punishment. Then, as in Animal Farm, the oppressed become the oppressors.

Chelsea Rooney promised 19 "victims" who were supposedly raped, abused, sexually assaulted, and sexually harassed by Steven Galloway, not including the original accuser "MC" (who is, of course, anonymous).

She's still prattling on about it on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/chelrooney/status/10...1897722880

[Image: Zi0PsL4c_400x4001.jpg]

Since making those absurd claims ad nauseam, Rooney has produced a grand total of zero alleged victims and has apparently declined interview requests from The National Post and Global Mail for further information.

This exposé by Brad Cran is the best take on a fucked up #MeToo witch hunt that any of us would have read so far:

"A Literary Inquisition: How Novelist Steven Galloway Was Smeared as a Rapist, Even as the Case Against Him Collapsed"
https://quillette.com/2018/06/21/a-liter...collapsed/

I don't often, if ever say this, but I would urge every forum member to give this piece the time it deserves. It is nothing short of amazing in its scope and analysis.

Brad Cran does a stellar job and it's very difficult to give justice to the piece by quoting part of its extensive content.

Needless to say, the author's focus on Rooney is what we would expect from an incisive approach to the issue:

Quote:Quote:

In this same interview, tagged to the launch of her 2014 book Pedal, Rooney candidly admitted that the act of writing had “forced two revelations on me: how narcissistic I am, and how much shame I carry because of my abuse…For me, narcissism describes a tendency to imagine myself at the centre. To imagine that the people in my life are doing things to me, and events are occurring because of me…It’s a terrible way to live. I still scan for threats, but more and more I catch myself doing it.”

Born Down Under, but I enjoy Slovakian Thunder: http://slovakia.travel/en/nove-zamky

I liked that "madadam" trilogy she wrote, and I'm glad she's standing for due process.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.