rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How can I move to Switzerland?

I study computer science and i would like to move to Switzerland after i finish my degree.
I dont have EU citizenship and i was wondering what technologies are in demand in Switzerland?

Quote: (01-14-2018 08:51 AM)eonbre Wrote:  

I study computer science and i would like to move to Switzerland after i finish my degree.
I dont have EU citizenship and i was wondering what technologies are in demand in Switzerland?

Everything banking related, fin-tech etc.

I'd be careful moving to Switzerland though. They aren't the most immigration-friendly country and there isn't much there except nature and money. Girls are nothing special and most guys I know there have trouble being accepted as locals.

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

They're not very immigration friendly if you're non EU. If you're wanted there by an employer, they have to go through a process of getting your immigration paperwork accepted. Why do you want to live there? Very expensive place and not very exciting.

Quote: (01-14-2018 12:28 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

They're not very immigration friendly if you're non EU. If you're wanted there by an employer, they have to go through a process of getting your immigration paperwork accepted. Why do you want to live there? Very expensive place and not very exciting.

To earn some money then i probably will come back to Macedonia

Zug Valley has some of the best organised and most professional crypto startups: https://cryptovalley.swiss/

Right now, you could do little better than becoming fluent in crypto to get a job. You don't need a degree: https://angel.co/bitcoin/jobs

Switzerland has among the highest costs of living in the world. If you're studying computer science aren't there a lot of those jobs in Belgrade they pay really well?

Quote: (01-14-2018 01:06 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Switzerland has among the highest costs of living in the world. If you're studying computer science aren't there a lot of those jobs in Belgrade they pay really well?

I was thinking of living frugaly and saving lots of money

Do you speak German or French? Those are the two big languages. Unless you're working for a western firm, in which case it will be english.

Quote: (01-14-2018 01:36 PM)Dragan Wrote:  

Do you speak German or French? Those are the two big languages. Unless you're working for a western firm, in which case it will be english.

No i dont

Switzerland is one of the few places in Europe which you wont have to eat Ramen every meal to save money. The wages are very high for white collar jobs, if you know where to shop you can save a great deal of money.

For groceries go to ethnic/Turkish markets, great deals.

Don't live alone, get a roomie.

But the trouble is finding a job there and getting a work permit. It is the most attractive place in Europe right now and since you are from a non-eu country it will be extremely hard for you to get sponsored there unless you are very very bright.

If a miracle happens and you do land a job there, you can easily save 4000-5000 francs a month.

I was thinking at specializing in iOS development and build a good app then apply for Google Zurich jobs

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but why would you suggest finding a job in Belgrade over other cities in Europe?
I don't know much about Belgrade.
Is that a good place for someone with CS/IT degrees?

Quote: (01-14-2018 11:35 PM)YMD Wrote:  

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but why would you suggest finding a job in Belgrade over other cities in Europe?
I don't know much about Belgrade.
Is that a good place for someone with CS/IT degrees?

From my understanding it's a big tech hub for the Balkans and a lot of western tech companies have their regional offices there. Also, startup culture is a bit of a thing there. Also OP appears to be from Macedonia so may be a lot easier to find something and secure proper documents.

Switzerland is an absolutely gorgeous country. The natural beauty is just spectacular.

[Image: gimmelwald-switz.jpg]

[Image: 14SPen0180.jpg]

[Image: lauterbrunnen-42.jpg?imgmax=800]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: bd8096fb064086ccef2970fdf1912704--bern-s...travel.jpg]

When I was there (around Lake Geneva) I also noticed less litter and graffiti than other European countries. Maybe it is worse now.

But it struck me as a very beautiful, very calm, reasonable place.

The historical neutrality, the decentralized influence of all cantons, the alps, and the corner of three great nations also helps.

If you find an easy way OP, let us know.

Quote: (01-14-2018 10:04 AM)Running Turtles Wrote:  

I'd be careful moving to Switzerland though. They aren't the most immigration-friendly country and there isn't much there except nature and money. Girls are nothing special and most guys I know there have trouble being accepted as locals.

Everything you say is true and it's mega expensive. Not a shithole though.

Ps. The girls are not fat, feminine and pretty if you look in the right places. In the countryside they have good values too.

Quote: (01-15-2018 03:21 PM)Ski pro Wrote:  

Ps. The girls are not fat, feminine and pretty if you look in the right places. In the countryside they have good values too.

If you want to be accepted by locals, you'll likely have to learn and speak Schwyzerdütsch, the dialect that Swiss speak. Regular Hochdeutsch will only alienate you further from the locals (Swiss don't like the Germans), but at least you can read the newspaper. [Image: tard.gif]

The analness of Germans is amplified in Der Schweiz. If you fail to sort your garbage, compost and recyclables correctly, a neighbor will rat you out, and you'll get fined. There's a reason why watchmaking is still the bread-and-butter of the country.

That being said I would love to move there with my wife and kid if I could. Life would just be better there in that bastion of orderliness and tradition surrounded by the sea of of our crude and rapidly devolving civilization. And I could ski all the time. I'd have to learn the dialect, but it's not a far step away from German, so it shouldn't take me that long.

Quote: (01-16-2018 12:22 PM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

If you want to be accepted by locals, you'll likely have to learn and speak Schwyzerdütsch, the dialect that Swiss speak. Regular Hochdeutsch will only alienate you further from the locals (Swiss don't like the Germans), but at least you can read the newspaper. [Image: tard.gif]

The analness of Germans is amplified in Der Schweiz. If you fail to sort your garbage, compost and recyclables correctly, a neighbor will rat you out, and you'll get fined. There's a reason why watchmaking is still the bread-and-butter of the country.

That being said I would love to move there with my wife and kid if I could. Life would just be better there in that bastion of orderliness and tradition surrounded by the sea of of our crude and rapidly devolving civilization. And I could ski all the time. I'd have to learn the dialect, but it's not a far step away from German, so it shouldn't take me that long.
I could learn Swiss German in few years living there.

The italian swiss were very grim compared to their italian nation neighbours but I found unexpected deep buried heartiness in the end, met a few fun french swiss traveling through France.
The german swiss...they do have a cute accent but even my german bird laughs at how swiss germans have an even bigger stick up the ass than her country men.

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

That's not the biggest reason why:

Because Switzerland is a very good place to be if you believe that shit is going to hit the fan eventually

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalre...lapse.html

I'm considering it myself for that same reason. I know enough German to bring myself up to a decent level relatively quickly and my work situation means I can move their with no real effort involved after a year or two at my current spot.

Quote: (01-16-2018 01:24 PM)Easy_C Wrote:  

That's not the biggest reason why:

Because Switzerland is a very good place to be if you believe that shit is going to hit the fan eventually

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalre...lapse.html

I'm considering it myself for that same reason. I know enough German to bring myself up to a decent level relatively quickly and my work situation means I can move their with no real effort involved after a year or two at my current spot.
Are you computer programmer?

Can´t you apply Bulgarian nationality? And have access to Switzerland.

Quote: (01-16-2018 01:42 PM)fantome Wrote:  

I think Bulgarians and Croatians have quotas for how many people can move to Switzerland

Quote: (01-16-2018 01:51 PM)eonbre Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2018 01:42 PM)fantome Wrote:  

I think Bulgarians and Croatians have quotas for how many people can move to Switzerland

Unfortunately swiss don't like people from Balkans. https://www.thelocal.ch/20160609/immigra...of-clothes