rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Game Tactics in the Post-Tinder Era

I've recently begun working Tinder, Zoosk, The League... I notice some real challenges that Roosh touched on his 2017 year in review video: Game is getting harder. I'm new to the swipe apps, and I'm struggling with what tactics to use to secure numbers/dates. Some of the old rules and wisdom do not necessary work anymore...

For example: on swipe apps, if a girl stops texting you, maybe even after you've asked for or offered number, to meet in person, does the "warm up text" still work? Do you wait a few days, then shoot her a warm up text? Or less time? The wise old "Give her the gift of missing you" adage could lead to a girl flat-out forgetting about you on a modern dating app, or even after you have transitioned to each other's numbers. These women are distracted by the options, and constant stimulation of the smart phone... what new hooks/tactics have you guys been trying to mitigate the flighty smart phone-glued mind of the modern woman??

On these swiping apps you strike while the iron is hot

All the timelines are compressed these days. Girls WILL forget about you/get new guys if you don't convert the initial conversation into a real-life meetup.

Be of higher value than the other guys. Arguably, you won't want to be using these apps for any other reason than to supplement your everyday game, meeting people in real life. That way, you do not rely on them as anything more than a passive stream of leads for meeting potential girls. As with dividend investing, you spend a total of maybe an hour or two a week on this, and then reap the rewards.

You also don't want to let leads go, you just pound the phone until they buy or die proverbially. As with sales, if you get a lead, you work that lead until the outcome you want happens, or they essentially tell you to fuck off (and even still you may want to pursue.)

There are plenty of datasheets on tinder and the like, but having professional photos goes a long way to conveying your difference from the average guy on there.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (01-13-2018 08:57 PM)TheFinalEpic Wrote:  

having professional photos goes a long way to conveying your difference from the average guy on there.

In the same way that getting a style advisor (usually a friend for free) and buying some clothes that anybody has access to can really change how you look IRL, having someone with a good camera and an eye for photo style can really change your online results.

That can be kind of depressing when you think about it, in the same way it can be discouraging to learn how a few verbal tricks can hook girls who would otherwise not be interested...but enjoy what you can get.

The photo phenomenon is interesting, there was some online-dating photo study a while back that suggested the type of camera itself influenced how attractive a guy was perceived (probably a proxy for wealthier more successful people have access to better gear). But there's also style aspects that signal things, like if all your photos are selfies or at bars with the lads it barely mattes what you look like, she has an image of who you are; if the photo composition is trendy or overused she thinks you're basic; if you have all pro shots from socialite events, you've told 80% of your story before she even looks at your face or body.

Like all contextual factors, these things matter more to girls than to guys, so upping your context signals is a major path to success.

General thoughts on swipe-app tactics:
  • Assume that if she swiped right, she wants to meet up. The whole purpose of the messaging is to arrange some kind of meeting, attraction should already be assumed.
  • Don't fuck around with the messaging. Girls' patience runs out quickly if they think they're getting a 20-questions game. Remember also that girls use the swipe apps when they are bored or have a minute of downtime, so don't think they're going to sustain a long conversation.
  • If she replies to your opener, banter for 2-3 messages at most. If a girl sends me 2 messages (regardless of whether she or I messaged first) I will hit her up for a meetup. This is super easy, use some line about "shall we get some drinks and continue this conversation in person?"
  • If you get something about how she's busy and can't meet this week, get her phone number or WhatsApp number or something. Actually get it even if you do line up a date. Like venue changes, moving to a more comfortable form of communication makes you more of a real person in her eyes so you're less likely to lose the connection. (I forget where I got this from, but I will give them my number when I ask for theirs, and half the time I'll get a text from them and we'll never have another message in the swipe app again.)
  • Just like regular game, use some plausible deniability when arranging the meet. Go super low-key, coffee, dessert, drinks, and then you can feel out her intentions. The days of "come straight to my place off Tinder" are probably over if they weren't exaggerated to begin with.
  • I don't recommend any sexting, it's a cliche from thirsty guys and you don't need it if your in-person game is good.
  • Prepare for flaking and ghost leads. You're not a person to these women, you're bits on a screen, like any other form of entertainment she can switch off without a care. Half the time they are just swiping/messaging for attention - another reason to be quick about meeting, it separates girls who want to see you from listless chaff.

In my opinion, online dating has become more of a hassle than it's worth. All the swiping, the messaging, the timing, the flaking...

Social circle game and cold approaches are so much easier.

Just talk to girls. The end.

A few thoughts:

- AI dating messengers/chatbots are the wave of the future my friends. All that back and forth repetitive shit get's handled for you and you just go to dates.

- Maximize your profile. Get the best picture angles. Exaggerate your height by an inch or two if your under 6". Get abs and biceps. Wear sexy clothes. Girls love pics of you with a cute dog. The travel thing is not necessary. Nor is pics with hot girls. Just be a hot guy or as hot as you possibly can.

- Exaggerate your education if you don't have any (no rules in this game). This is a big point if your live in a major city.

- Look into niches. If you're into the BDSM thing put that on your profile heavy. Go all in on a niche. If your a DJ or local artist, likewise.

Doing those things should increase your match & conversion rates with women. The more competitive your environment the less of an effect it will have. But that goes without saying.

I had profile up on OkCupid not too long ago where I largely told the truth but slightly exaggerated my height. Put my profession as uber driver lol. But I had dope pics up and got decent response rates. I'm an artist so I have girls who are into that.

Just my two cents. Play on players.

A few thoughts:

1) Send as little messages as possible to get her digits.

From there it's a much easier battle people.

The reason why game worked so well years ago is because nobody else was using it.
Now almost every guy she interacts with on those dating apps uses some lines that might've worked years ago but she's heard it 5 times this week.

You best bet is to get off those dating apps completely.
Focus on improving yourself physically so when you are out in a social setting and you start to chat up a girl you make a lasting impression.

I feel like a lot of these "dating app" problems are from guys that haven't fixed their presentation to be appealing to women. Or are ignorant to their own smv.

To get dates on Tinder:
Get jacked. Lift and look like you lift.
Less is more: Don't write a short story in your bio. "Height. Fave drink. Must love dogs or swipe left."
4 photos max: Only 1 gym photo. A photo of you doing a physical activity. A photo of you suited up. A photo of you with friends in casual clothes.
30 minutes total on Tinder per day: It will not be your main way to get pussy. Go out a be social, make social connections. Day/Night game.
Don't spend any money on tinder, the returns aren't worth it.

You are only making yourself a beta orbiter by using those apps.

Do this:

Create a fake Tinder profile with pictures of a top model. You will get like 100 matches a day, be very rude to all matches and say straight away that you want sex with her. It will work, you will have the dating the same day no matter how rude you are to them and no matter how sexually direct you are.

Now return to your real profile, mention sex even very indirectly to the very same girl you happened to match with the fake profile and you will get blocked by her.

I am just coming off a tinder burnout. I went on a bunch of dates and got some bangs, but it's not worth it anymore. Most of the leads had one or two kids. Someone without kids has basically become a unicorn on tinder in my area. It's all fine and well to get my dick wet, but I don't see turning women with heavy baggage like that into plates. Fuck that. I did notice a mass exodus of quality from tinder to bumble. I redact my earlier statements about bumble being shit. Since it's the next best thing in the minds of these girls, I will be on bumble from now on.

Quote: (01-15-2018 11:52 AM)HedoRick Wrote:  

I am just coming off a tinder burnout. I went on a bunch of dates and got some bangs, but it's not worth it anymore. Most of the leads had one or two kids. Someone without kids has basically become a unicorn on tinder in my area. It's all fine and well to get my dick wet, but I don't see turning women with heavy baggage like that into plates. Fuck that. I did notice a mass exodus of quality from tinder to bumble. I redact my earlier statements about bumble being shit. Since it's the next best thing in the minds of these girls, I will be on bumble from now on.

Brazil is the same. Tinder is already very old, it used to be really good but no more. Unless you are a top model you will only match women with some serious problem, like divorced women with kids or some ugly crap or shemales if you don't look while swiping. It is probably happening world wide due to its age, i've also noticed the talent moved to Bumble and you can get a few good matches there but there is not many women so it is kind of boring. You swipe Bumble for some hours and there is no more women. I still think it is better to stay away of Bumble of anything, those women will consume a lot of your time while talking with 30 different men at once with no guaranteed results. Just go to the real world.

I thought this thread was about going out Wednesday through Saturday and scoping out cuties on Tinder dates gone wrong.

Last year I picked up a 21 year old who was on a date gone wrong.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Online still going steady in SEA, although in BKK has hit maturation, IE much less "newbies" that made the banging easy (more girls with just friends / no ONS / etc aka one of our fellow rooshers probably pumped and dumped them). Jakarta is still very fresh, but I expect it start slowly spriraling down. Some cities like PP there isn't even widespread use so there are still placed where you still have that "fresh effect" from the golden years.

Its all location specific. Brazil seems like one of the tougher spots. Don't be fooled though, I can guarantee you over half the girls in the nightlife scene have Tinder on their phone. Sometimes I can't even head to the "top end" clubs without having the risk of being spotted.

Quote: (01-15-2018 11:47 AM)hipster Wrote:  

You are only making yourself a beta orbiter by using those apps.

Yes, I'm clearly a "beta orbiter" of the countless women I've fucked that I met online.

[Image: dodgy.gif]

Tinder is a dumpster fire now.

OKC and POF HAVE been dumpster fires.

Bumble is where it's at - last week I uploaded professional photos and have been killing it.

Ill even unmatch mediocre chicks that I don't bother responding to.

Aventus - is making the best point here - striking while the iron is hot.

It works for some of us dudes, for others it doesn't.

Guy's mileage will vary - mine is open on the road full throttle.

I have a busy work/social lifestyle - I'd rather hang with friends/my main girl/or I'm on the Harley - so I'm not hitting having much interaction with many chicks in my spare time (if I do, I know the drill).

Quote: (01-15-2018 12:44 PM)hipster Wrote:  

Quote: (01-15-2018 11:52 AM)HedoRick Wrote:  

Brazil is the same. Tinder is already very old, it used to be really good but no more. Unless you are a top model you will only match women with some serious problem, like divorced women with kids or some ugly crap or shemales if you don't look while swiping. It is probably happening world wide due to its age, i've also noticed the talent moved to Bumble and you can get a few good matches there but there is not many women so it is kind of boring. You swipe Bumble for some hours and there is no more women. I still think it is better to stay away of Bumble of anything, those women will consume a lot of your time while talking with 30 different men at once with no guaranteed results. Just go to the real world.

This curiously sounds like something a former member here once did...

One tactic that I've used to some success is lying big about your height. I'm talking more than a few inches. I'm saying that everyone should write on their profile that they're 6'2'', even if they're not even close.

In 95% of the dates, the girl doesn't say anything. I've had only a handful of girls mention that "you're not 6'2''." All the ones who said it were actually taller than me. My response in each case was "Oh, you're right." Then grin and plow on.

The checklist exists in her head to filter candidates. Once you get her in person, that list of unrealistic expectations fades away, to be replaced by a single bullet point- can you turn her on?

Even in SEA, tinder is going down the drain. It's probably a couple years behind the West in terms of online dating.

It would behoove us all to stay ahead of the curve. Women follow the trends, we must adapt and do the same ourselves.

A man can still get laid plenty on tinder. I however don't want to spend my time with the type of girls that use it now. Hopefully bumble stays good for awhile before it too becomes degraded like tinder.

The most recent user base on tinder in my area now looks just like pof. Last year it wasn't so bad. If you know pof, you know how bad that can be.

OKC still works for me.

With these apps, I typically go all-or-nothing (direct) these days. High quality pics and brief bio that genuinely taps into my personality. Operating out of a major city helps as you have a vast number of targets. Strike while the iron is hot and go for the bang asap. These women have a virtually endless pool of men hitting them up.

Routine opener, a few follow-up messages (humor and comfort)- then straight to setting up meet and/or getting the digits. Sometimes I do a screening phone call (for chemistry and comfort) or request a selfie. Going overtly direct has likely cost me chances with numerous prospects, but I don't have the patience for drawn out courtship in this context.

The forum coupled with negative interactions with these women has probably made me overly cynical. I currently have a solid harem/some mini relationships in progress, but my research and personal experiences have led me to believe the overwhelming majority of girls on these apps are low quality (for an LTR).

Tinder still working for me. Okc and POF never really did work very well but I got in late. People rave about bumble but I don't think I've banged a single girl from it.

Any prospects I find online are automatically put into the "don't LTR" pool.

Quote: (01-16-2018 03:46 PM)Eugenics Wrote:  

Any prospects I find online are automatically put into the "don't LTR" pool.

Girls you meet during day and night game could very well have online profiles. You never know for sure.