rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man killed from swatting

Man killed from swatting

Quick summary:
Man shot during swat raid, address wasn't even the twitch streamers residence.
I'm on my phone so I can't make a proper thread.

Wichita swatting death
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kansas.co...44329.html
Call of Duty gaming community points to ‘swatting’ in deadly Wichita police shooting

BY NICHOLE MANNA
[email protected]
Quote:Quote:

Officers went toDuring a police briefing at City Hall on Friday afternoon, Deputy Police Chief Troy Livingston describes the events that led to the fatal shooting of Andrew Finch by a Wichita police officer. (Video by Fernando Salazar / Dec. 29, 2017) the 1000 block of McCormick, preparing for a hostage situation and they “got into position,” he said.

“A male came to the front door,” Livingston said. “As he came to the front door, one of our officers discharged his weapon.”

Livingston didn’t say if the man, who was 28, had a weapon when he came to the door, or what caused the officer to shoot the man. Police don’t think the man fired at officers, but the incident is still under investigation, he said. The man, who has not been identified by police, died at a local hospital.

A family member identified that man who was shot by police as Andrew Finch. One of Finch’s cousins said Finch didn’t play video games.

“This call was little peculiar for us,” Livingston said. “(The call) went to a substation first, then it was relayed to dispatch, then dispatch gave it to us. We have a lot of information to go through.”
On Twitter, more than a dozen people who identified themselves as being in the gaming community told The Eagle that a feud between two Call of Duty players sparked one to initiate a “swatting” call.

After news began to spread about what happened Thursday night, the people in the gaming community, through Twitter posts, pointed at two gamers.

IMG_6622
The Twitter account for a man who the online gaming community has said made the police swatting call has been suspended.
Twitter Courtesy photo
“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION,” said one gamer, who others said made the swatting call. His account was suspended overnight.

According to posts on Twitter, two gamers were arguing when one threatened to target the other with a swatting call. The person who was the target of the swatting gave the other gamer a false address, which sent police to a nearby home instead of his own, according to Twitter posts.

IMG_6623
The Twitter account for a man who the online gaming community has said made the police swatting call has been suspended.
Twitter Courtesy photo
The person who was to be the target of the swatting sent a Tweet saying, “Someone tried to swat me and got an innocent man killed.”

Livingston, the deputy police chief, would only provide the block number of the home where the shooting occurred, not the specific address. Police were seen in the front yards of two houses across from each other at the corner of Seneca and McCormick.

Dexerto, a online news service focused on gaming and the Call of Duty game, reported the argument began over a $1 or $2 wager over the game.

“Normally this is a prank, but due to the high stress situation, sometimes it is closer to a death threat from a user trying to get cops to kill them,” one man told The Eagle in an email.

The officer who fired the shot — a seven-year veteran of the police department — will be placed on administrative paid leave, which is department policy.

Police expect to release more information later Friday.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Man killed from swatting

It happens every day or two. If the SWAT are serving a warrant or something, they burst down the door, shoot the dog, shoot grandma, catch the house on fire, then find out if it's the right address or not. It often isn't.

The thing is, these cops feel so free to drill someone in the chest when they're freaking out over being swatted. However, when you have an actual threat, like the Vegas shooter or the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooter, they aren't so anxious to burst in and start killin'.

Better to let the guy have an hour or two to shoot off all his ammo, and maybe get worn out from so much murdering before the SWAT take a chance trying to enter the premises.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Man killed from swatting

Ya know I was watching Jack Reacher last night. There's a scene where he talks about the 4 different types of guys who join the military with the 4th being a man who's looking for a legal way to kill people.

I think it's much the same with the police force.

Man killed from swatting

I really hope the dude who did the swatting is charged and jailed with murder.

The police need to be held responsible for their actions as well to and a vetting process needs to happen moving forward with threatening calls.

Sounds like the cops dropped the ball and were gung ho.

Man killed from swatting

It's really amazing to me how little training law enforcement has (even SWAT) and the situations they have to deal with, without ever being in battle or having fear indoctrination...

Man killed from swatting

If you call the cops you need to understand they are going to show up looking to shoot someone regardless of the circumstances. Any little thing you do will be construed as "threatening".
Phone in your hand? Looks like a gun in the dark, bang you're dead. Paid vacation for the cop.

Man killed from swatting

Quote: (01-10-2018 02:22 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

It's really amazing to me how little training law enforcement has (even SWAT) and the situations they have to deal with, without ever being in battle or having fear indoctrination...

They have plenty of training, but it's bad training premised on shoot first and ask questions later because the trainers frame every situation as potentially a life and death one. Discretion is not urged because in the past they concluded discretion led to corruption. Profiling is discouraged because it's racist, sexist, or used against the poor.

People wanted equality and now they got it. Cops now treat everyone as potential murderers until proven otherwise, often with disastrous consequences.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Man killed from swatting

Quote: (01-10-2018 02:40 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

They have plenty of training, but it's bad training premised on shoot first and ask questions later because the trainers frame every situation as potentially a life and death one. Discretion is not urged because in the past they concluded discretion led to corruption. Profiling is discouraged because it's racist, sexist, or used against the poor.

People wanted equality and now they got it. Cops now treat everyone as potential murderers until proven otherwise, often with disastrous consequences.

Exactly... Most police officers will never be involved in a shooting. They will retire fat and happy. Never hurt anyone.

I just can't wrap my head around the police officer that is "finally after all these years" in a violent confrontation and decides to shoot someone for no reason.

Stop being such a fucking little bitch! It's called violent conflict because it's violent. If you don't like or can't handle it, quit your fucking job and how did you get the job in the first place? Why do they get so jacked up? I've watched so many police videos where the officer just completely panics and shoots someone. You'd get a fucking court martial for that in the military. Your ass is going to prison.

Man killed from swatting

Quote: (01-10-2018 02:51 PM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2018 02:40 PM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Exactly... Most police officers will never be involved in a shooting. They will retire fat and happy. Never hurt anyone.

I just can't wrap my head around the police officer that is "finally after all these years" in a violent confrontation and decides to shoot someone for no reason.

Stop being such a fucking little bitch! It's called violent conflict because it's violent. If you don't like or can't handle it, quit your fucking job and how did you get the job in the first place? Why do they get so jacked up? I've watched so many police videos where the officer just completely panics and shoots someone. You'd get a fucking court martial for that in the military. Your ass is going to prison.

The majority of police shootings are more or less justified but there are obvious cases where they aren't. This is one of those.

And it's understandable why they do because the training is all about instilling paranoia and fear into them rather than teaching them to use discernment or discretion. They show crazy examples of guys shooting cops out of nowhere and treat that like it's a real possibility on a day-to-day basis.

When you get an over the top call like this (which would be fucking rare just about everywhere) with weird circumstances the first move should be going to investigate not assuming it is completely legitimate right off the bat. Yeah, bring the SWAT team or whatever in case it's legit but do a little legwork first.

I don't think a lot of people are cut out for the job. Cops should be cautious, secretly suspicious, and ready to use force if necessary but so many are jumpy and ready to overreact. Self-discipline and keeping your cool under stressful circumstances, as well as knowing when to escalate or deescalate based on real indicators of a threat should be considered essential rather than one-size-fits-all thinking and training.

I also have to wonder in some of these questionable shootings involving particularly jacked SWAT cops if steroid use plays a role.

"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico, Book III, Ch. 18

Man killed from swatting

It's getting scary. I can't work in law enforcement because of my background. You can have an 19 year old 80 lb girl police officer that can shoot someone for a traffic stop because she was "scared for her life." I couldn't shoot anyone because the law would say, "He should've known better," and I'd go to prison. There's hardly a "justifiable" incident where I could use deadly force. It would have to be significant--like a mass shooting or something.

Man killed from swatting

I don't think there's many cops that go into the job looking for a legal way to kill someone, but unfortunately of the slim few that fit such a description, most of them are going to be making a bee-line to the SWAT steroid farm.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Man killed from swatting

There were less Police fatalities last year than in over 50 years. Not police shooting deaths but police themselves being shot. I can only guess there are many more police than 50 years ago too, so that makes this statistic even more stark. Maybe there was a "war on police" last year, which i actually doubt was statistically true, but the trend is that it's getting quite safe to be a cop.

That said, if you get a call about a hostage situation as crazy as the one called in, can the dispatcher or Police not do a quick search to see if this address or the resident has any prior criminal activity? This SWATting call was so outlandish it was almost like they were eager to believe it and act immediately. This is basically an easy way to kill ot mess up a dude's life. I remember reading cases of gamers who have been REPEATEDLY swatted, which means that multiple times the police chose to go with Max force on an address they should know is safe.

When police forces get all this fancy new assault equipment, along with regular training on high stakes worst case scenarios and indoctrination of a war on cops- you will look for every opportunity to put all to use. When your best and most thrill inducing tool to use is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Honest question to the gun owners on the forum: how would you respond if you had loud violent banging on your door at 2am? Will this story change what you would do?

Man killed from swatting

Now I remember this story from Vox Day's blog. Here the post: Lethal Gamma Rage

Lethal Gamma rage
It is always a problem when a Gamma delusion bubble intersects with reality:

On Twitter, more than a dozen people who identified themselves as being in the gaming community told The Eagle that a feud between two Call of Duty players sparked one to initiate a “swatting.”

“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION,” said one gamer on Twitter, who others said made the swatting call. His account was suspended overnight.

According to posts on Twitter, two gamers were arguing when one threatened to target the other with a “swatting.” The person who was the target of the swatting gave the other gamer a false address, which sent police to Finch’s home instead of his own, according to Twitter posts.

Andrew Finch leaves behind two children – ages 2 and 7. He is from Virginia and the family moved to Wichita in the mid-1990s.

I doubt the idiot gamma who swatted the false address given to him by the other gamer has any idea that his ever-so-erudite reliance upon wordplay isn't going to get him off the hook for the man's death, which was a direct consequence of his ridiculous action.

This is the problem with the run-to-mommy generation. They don't even hesitate to appeal to authority over even the smallest, most easily resolved issue

Man killed from swatting

Just doing their job sir.

Man killed from swatting

How does some random idiot on Twitch know where you are or your address? In this case the targeted guy willingly gave the person threatening them an address instead of just disconnecting or blocking them.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Man killed from swatting

No, the guy gave the swatter someone else's address. The guy that was shot had absolutely nothing to do any of this, except that he's dead now.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Man killed from swatting

Yes, but why? I don't get it why the conversation didn't go like this:

RANDOM GUY: omg u n00b im gunna swat u ffs
ME: (ignore)

Instead of like this:

RANDOM GUY: omg u n00b im gunna swat u ffs
ME: ok here's my address (whether true or false)

Why does anyone feel threatened by "swatting" and takes it any more seriously than any random swearing during a videogame?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Man killed from swatting

You're talking about the latchkey children of inner city and suburban degenerates.

They have spent their entire lives without any form of discipline, spewing obscenities at others from the safety of their bedrooms.

They are so fundamentally broken that in this particular case the swatter was repulsively insistent that he wore no shame for the events whatsoever "because I wasn't the one that shot the guy".

HCE, take it as a compliment that you couldn't possibly relate to these human detritus.

Man killed from swatting

^ Everything is fictional to these kids.