rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with rumors

Dealing with rumors

A platonic girl-friend of mine with the same social circle as I, who probably has some minor latent attraction for me, sent me this bomb-shell.

Needless to say, I was seriously pissed off at her gameplaying.

"Have you ever been in a fight?"

"No. Why?"

"it's just I heard something different..."

"Ha... ok, cough it up. What did I do?" (I expected I had had another drunk night and remember nothing and that she was just joking)

"Hit someone for no reason. dont know when it was supposed to have happened.."

"Really? I must've absolutely tanked. Don't remember that. Whom does this concern?"

"I don't know either. just a rumor!"

"Do yourself a favor and think about what it is you want, before you waste my time with stupid shit like this"

"Chill out! I can't believe you think it's OK to use that tone with me. I'm confronting you as a friend with a rumor I was unfortunate to hear."

"You're not a teenager anymore, so you should know better. I'm open and honest with you, you owe me the same. So say what this is about or tell whoever it is that, spreading lies about others is inexcusable."

"Fine! I'll do that! I DONT know any more details than I told you. And never call me dishonest again!"

I didn't see a need to respond to the last, although I might later - I was busy at work.

Afterwards, I regretted not just writing instead "Well, if I did hit someone, they probably deserved it." That might have baited the answer out of her.

Thing is, I don't remember hitting someone for no reason ever. 6 years ago I gave a friend a concussion at a party, and I imagine she might be referring to that, because that's where we know the same people. 2 years ago, I knocked a guy out, but that wasn't really a fight and he deserved it.

Then there's the times I was shit-housed, but I don't remember ANYTHING of what I did, so I really couldn't say one or another.

I'd be indifferent but getting this stuff from a supposed friend who was game-playing was a mark of disloyalty I can't tolerate. So I want to get some male critique on whether I was within my rights.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Dealing with rumors

The rumor is fake. She just made it up and you fell into her trap by getting defensive. I'm sure she got a kick out of it. She was probably bored at home and no good reality shows were on TV.

An agree & amplify strategy would have thrown her off. "Yeah I like hitting people. I beat up some little kids on my way home today. My fists are sore from pummeling their faces."

Dealing with rumors

Roosh is absolutely right....you fell in the trap...

Tell the bitch now "hey you wanted my attention and now you got it....what do we do next?".....

Fuck the shit out of her and leave her panting after you finish....

My stance on friendships between men and women is there its impossible without attraction....and deep down below both want to fuck each other...so get over with it already...

The Lizard Whisperer.......

Dealing with rumors

Sorry, Gents. I forgot to add she's a platonic friend - we've known each other 2½ years and been pretty good friends until a month ago when she disrespected me in front of her friend and stopped talking to her because I needed a break. Then I hit her up later to share some good news. She's been acting weird since.

Even so... I tend to think Roosh's suggestion was fail-safe under any circumstance.

Was I being defensive? I reckoned I was being aggressive and telling her from a friend I expect more than this...pointed and deliberate in my scathing - I didn't call her a liar but the rumor a lie - she was defensive.

Dealing with rumors

Or you could be like, "Yeah I heard you were banging John (or some guy in your social circle). Rumors suck don't they? See ya."

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Dealing with rumors

I wouldn't call it a fight. That old lady basically crumbled when I busted her in the face.

Dealing with rumors

So the consensus is, even though my friend and I have known each other a while, I should have given an A&A answer?

Dealing with rumors

Quote: (09-16-2011 01:43 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

So the consensus is, even though my friend and I have known each other a while, I should have given an A&A answer?

Not only that, but caring that she thought you got into a fight is beta.

Why even have a dramatic person in your life? Unless she's giving you a steady stream of pussy, blow you out.

Dealing with rumors

Quote: (09-16-2011 02:22 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Quote: (09-16-2011 01:43 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

Not only that, but caring that she thought you got into a fight is beta.

Why even have a dramatic person in your life? Unless she's giving you a steady stream of pussy, blow you out.

Mike - so caring about conflicts with friends is beta? Honestly?

But henceforth I will remember to choose my friends by the amount of pussy they add to my life. I will ignore other factors such as loyalty, conversation and attitude.

For the drama factor you pointed out, I woudl consider not bothering about it. I am MOSTLY concerned with whether it was right of me to scold her and it seems that was generally counterproductive according to most of the guys who commented.