rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

There have been a lot of BTC forks lately after gold / Diamond most have went unnoticed, until Rhett Creighton (creator of ZCLassic) decided to do another bitcoin fork, and privacy coin ZClassic to come up with Bitcoin Private. For every one BTC you get one Bitcoin Private, for every ZClassic you also get one BTCP. Not only is this coin mix the name bitcoin and the privacy of ZClassic two things everyone loves but the speed of BCash... I think this can be a bohemith except there’s no plan to continue developing once the fork happens, which is a problem though maybe not huge. I’m gling to predict a $1k coin down the road. See interview with founder of BTCP below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WTDS1fy-0Go

"I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story." Nas

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Zclassic was a real sleeper hit recently. Ridiculous gains.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (01-10-2018 01:22 PM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

Zclassic was a real sleeper hit recently. Ridiculous gains.
I'm tempted to buy a bit of ZClassic, even though "Bitcoin Private" will probably be a shitcoin riding on the Bitcoin brandname...

ZClassic will continue, even after the fork. Meaning I will be able to sell the coins, hopefully still for a decent value.

Bitcoin fork coins get pumped sooner or later, and are priced pretty high (BCash, Bitcoin Gold...). This one will have a semi-decent team behind it... Gaining some traction on twitter it seems. Ledger already said they'll support it on their hardware wallets...

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

When do I get my free Bitcoin Private?

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

When is the fork being done?

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

According to its website date is not confirmed yet.

The mechanism of the split is at a 1:1 ratio for both ZCL & BTC. The result of that, BTCP at what sort of price range?

A $150 ZCL gives you a free BTCP, on the other hand a $11k BTC gives you a free BTCP as well, its a real no brainer that ZCL can only go up from here.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (01-19-2018 09:39 AM)DrugAdvisor Wrote:  

According to its website date is not confirmed yet.

The mechanism of the split is at a 1:1 ratio for both ZCL & BTC. The result of that, BTCP at what sort of price range?

A $150 ZCL gives you a free BTCP, on the other hand a $11k BTC gives you a free BTCP as well, its a real no brainer that ZCL can only go up from here.
That's a strange reasoning. All will depend how much people will give for a BTCP + ZCL after the fork. If that's lower than the current ZCL price, you'll lose money.

The whole thing could be a scam as well. Devs buy up a shitload of ZCL before the "fork" announcement (for like 1-2$ a piece), and are selling now. Once they cashed in, there's not much reason for them any longer to do the actual fork, or support BTCP afterwards...

I mean, it smells very fishy (only one or a couple of devs), but this market is stupid enough to have it pump. I've seen ZCL mentioned a couple of times by some semi-respectable "influencers" (Crypto Bobby, Luke Martin: https://twitter.com/VentureCoinist/statu...7707392000) which could give this some steam once the fork date is announced.

Not a long-term play imo, so gotta execute it right and be a bit lucky.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Absolutely agree with your analysis.

Im treating it as a pnd as soon as the fork date is announced. Which is likely known when it starts pumping massively without reason.

May keep some of the coins for fun in the long run.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (01-21-2018 08:07 PM)DrugAdvisor Wrote:  

Absolutely agree with your analysis.

Im treating it as a pnd as soon as the fork date is announced. Which is likely known when it starts pumping massively without reason.

May keep some of the coins for fun in the long run.

I third your assessment of PND. can play it two ways: wait and see if ZCL climbs a lot right before the BTCP fork off and dump it right before the fork to those who want to get it at the last minute.

Alternatively, hold on to the ZCL if it doesn’t pump too much prefork and resign yourself to the fact that it’ll probably go down to near zero and bank your hopes on bitcoin private that you’re getting from the fork. Still haven’t figured out what I’m gonna do.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (01-21-2018 10:52 PM)booshala Wrote:  

Still haven’t figured out what I’m gonna do.

Likewise. I'll definately claim from my BTC, but buying ZCL seems risky at the moment.

Just fell below 100$ after ATH of 220$. Seems to have some support there. Might buy a bit if it falls a lot lower, but it's basically gambling...

There's some FUD now after they announced that it'll take them at least four more weeks before the fork. I think the pumpers pulled out their money.

Might see another pump after they announce the fork date and the wallet comes out.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

The fork date has been announced as the 28th of February 2018, if you think this is a PND idnsuggest you take a look at the interview by tai zen and the programmer Rhett Creighton (posted on YouTube). I’m really bullish on BTCP and have a decent sized bag of ZCL (I got in around $24 after a friend told me about it). The reason I’m bullish are the obvious reasons, privacy coins are not in this market and will continue to be, BTCP is just as fast or faster than BCASH, and most importantly has the word bitcoin in its name. This is the only BTC fork in current memory that people seemed to be interested about, BTCG is sitting around $200-$300 and itsncomplete shite.!

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

I've done two rounds of swingtrades on ZCL and any coins left are pretty much free money.

After the fork we will end up with equal amounts of BTCP & ZCL yes?

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Yup

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

I'm going to dump my ZCL just before the snapshot. I don't expect anything from ZCL after the fork, and not BTCP either.

But hopefully the FOMO will get the ZCL price up nice and high first.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (02-20-2018 07:40 AM)Malone Wrote:  

I'm going to dump my ZCL just before the snapshot. I don't expect anything from ZCL after the fork, and not BTCP either.

But hopefully the FOMO will get the ZCL price up nice and high first.

I’m going to sale a bit less than half of my zclassic to lock in this gainz but I’m really bull On BTCP. I think it’s going to be priced higher than BCASH, I’ve sa Dnit before I’ll say it again privacy, fast and inexpensive like BCASH and has the word bitcoin in the name. All this to me makes me really bullish on BTCP

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

So I thought I should read the whitepaper before I shit on BTCP more, so I did. Here's some issues.

Quote:The WhitePaper Wrote:

The snapshot of Bitcoin and Zclassic is set for the first blocks timestamped
after 5 PM UTC on February 28, 2018, with the fork/main-net launch occurring
approximately 2 days later. After launch, there will be approximately 700,000
mineable Bitcoin Private. Remaining true to Satoshi’s vision of a low inflation coin,
a starting block reward of 0.78125 Bitcoin Private has been selected.

BTCP is going to mirror BTC's 21 million BTC, leaving only 700k left to mine. I've read someone elses analysis that at this block reward, the coin has to be worth at least $1k to be worth mining. But that's probably a bit more math than I want to do at the moment. The reason there's only 700k left is because they're just adding the ~3.3M ZCL coins to BTC's existing total.

The devs have set aside a pool of 50k ZCL that they're going to give to their donators after the fork on a 1:1.25 basis, but of course they'll be selling their ZCL before the fork to fund dev. Exit scam?

Anyway, it's an Equihash coin with no real future for miners. I don't see any reason why it will come even close to competing with Monero now that I've read the whitepaper.

Verdict: Dump pre-fork. Keep some in case the BTC name pumps it higher, maybe.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (02-21-2018 11:18 AM)Malone Wrote:  

So I thought I should read the whitepaper before I shit on BTCP more, so I did. Here's some issues.

Quote:The WhitePaper Wrote:

The snapshot of Bitcoin and Zclassic is set for the first blocks timestamped
after 5 PM UTC on February 28, 2018, with the fork/main-net launch occurring
approximately 2 days later. After launch, there will be approximately 700,000
mineable Bitcoin Private. Remaining true to Satoshi’s vision of a low inflation coin,
a starting block reward of 0.78125 Bitcoin Private has been selected.

BTCP is going to mirror BTC's 21 million BTC, leaving only 700k left to mine. I've read someone elses analysis that at this block reward, the coin has to be worth at least $1k to be worth mining. But that's probably a bit more math than I want to do at the moment. The reason there's only 700k left is because they're just adding the ~3.3M ZCL coins to BTC's existing total.

The devs have set aside a pool of 50k ZCL that they're going to give to their donators after the fork on a 1:1.25 basis, but of course they'll be selling their ZCL before the fork to fund dev. Exit scam?

Anyway, it's an Equihash coin with no real future for miners. I don't see any reason why it will come even close to competing with Monero now that I've read the whitepaper.

Verdict: Dump pre-fork. Keep some in case the BTC name pumps it higher, maybe.
Agreed that it looks like a pump and dump. Though probably it won't be an "obvious" one. I assume the devs will keep working on it for a while until the interest wanes.

What makes you think it won't be worth mining? If the block reward is low, there will simply be less miners, so the difficulty will be low as well. Hence less miners needed to find blocks. Of course this means that you don't have a secure network, but that's another issue...
But yeah, strange choice to keep the 21M limit. Probably to keep riding the "Bitcoin" brand name.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

You're right about the difficulty and such, but at what point does it even out? You're at best getting .78 BTCP per block. What's the sweet spot there between hashrate, price per BTCP, etc? I don't know - the market will work it out. I am pessimistic.

The thing about hashrate is that it has a set price. Right now for instance it's fairly low, but a 1080ti's hashrate will get you ~$3.20 a day. If mining BTCP with a 1080ti gets you less than that, then the only miners you will get are speculators. I don't see any reason to speculate that BTCP will beat out Monero or any of the other "privacy" coins. It's got the name, that's it.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see. I see some of the true believers saying that ZCL will hit $500 just before fork. Doesn't seem likely, but I sure hope so.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

I have a good feeling about this fork. One way to claim BTCP is to have coins in Coinomi wallet at time of snapshot.

Quote:[/url]

Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/CoinomiWallet/status/965981404122271744]

It may take a few weeks for the app to add the new coin.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (02-22-2018 04:21 AM)Malone Wrote:  

You're right about the difficulty and such, but at what point does it even out? You're at best getting .78 BTCP per block. What's the sweet spot there between hashrate, price per BTCP, etc? I don't know - the market will work it out. I am pessimistic.

The thing about hashrate is that it has a set price. Right now for instance it's fairly low, but a 1080ti's hashrate will get you ~$3.20 a day. If mining BTCP with a 1080ti gets you less than that, then the only miners you will get are speculators. I don't see any reason to speculate that BTCP will beat out Monero or any of the other "privacy" coins. It's got the name, that's it.
Well, long-term the coin won't do much probably. Agreed on that.
Short term, the team will probably set up a couple of miners themselves to keep the coin working...

Quote: (02-22-2018 04:21 AM)Malone Wrote:  

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see. I see some of the true believers saying that ZCL will hit $500 just before fork. Doesn't seem likely, but I sure hope so.
Lol. Most people were betting that it would dump hard just before or after the fork. Seems like the dump already happened, fell to around 80$, coming from 200 USD...

Fork date is tomorrow...

I'm tempted to do a bit of gambling.
Bitcoin Gold sits at 120$. I'd be surprised if this one doesn't pump higher at some point...

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Anyone know how to claim this fork? I got most of my holdings in my trezor and some BTC on a couple exchanges right now.

I'm trying to avoid coinomi because I'm getting overwhelmed tracking my coins on various wallets, exchanges etc. But if that's the only way I'll move coins there (unless I already missed the boat).

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

What is the advantage of BitCoin Private versus say Dash, Monero or ZCash??? If the desired effect is to have competition for privacy coins, I understand that since competition is always a good thing, but there has to be something that makes BitCoin Private stand out.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

It has the word bitcoin in it.

This is more effective than you'd think. Look at BCash or Bitcoin Lightning.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

I'm looking for at least 400-500 usd for my Bitcoin Private short term. Also seems like there is some growing interest of mining BTCP as well.
Looking at Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold, which I both don't really like, I think this will be quite achievable.

Doesn't has to be different than Dash, Monero. Having the word Bitcoin behind it + a real development team etc.. will make it FOMO very soon.

Bitcoin Private (BTCP)

Quote: (03-04-2018 01:54 PM)Kentemo Wrote:  

I'm looking for at least 400-500 usd for my Bitcoin Private short term. Also seems like there is some growing interest of mining BTCP as well.
Looking at Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold, which I both don't really like, I think this will be quite achievable.

Doesn't has to be different than Dash, Monero. Having the word Bitcoin behind it + a real development team etc.. will make it FOMO very soon.
Yeah, the chart will probably look similar to something like Bitcoin Gold: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin-gold/

Slow bleed, with some random pumps (up to 0.08 BTC at some point). Selling at the perfect moment is probably not possible, but I'll probably wait a bit for a pump.
Not sure if it will actually go that high. But let's hope.