rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Biggest game mistakes of the year - 2017

New guy around here, but not new to the ups and downs of the game. I was talking with a friend about some of the crazy shit that has happened this year re: women to me, and the mistakes Ive made. My biggest was married client game. Selling homes, you run into sexy clients all the time. I had one earlier this year who was dropping hints from the first meeting. I kept it cool and kept her arms length until after closing day. 2 weeks later, we meet up for drinks after she got off work, and that turned into getting head in my car (some high school shit), and the next time she came over we hooked up.

Looking back, I wouldn't do that again. Never had before, and don't need the potential drama that can come from an unhappy housewife and her potentially crazy future ex.

Any crazy game mistakes you got drop below.

My mistake was from a mini-LTR at the beginning of the year, I felt the chick was losing attraction/drifting away and felt like I needed to do something in order to fix it. I chased her, revealed my feelings toward her and predictably this made things worse and she broke it off, telling me "she could not commit"
It's hard to decide what the best plan of action is in the fog of war and I made the wrong choice, even though I was aware at the time I was making the wrong move. I went against my instincts as the urge to fix it was stronger.

Good learning experience overall and hope recognise it in future so as not to repeat the mistake. Had a lot more wins than losses, so all good.

My biggest mistakes were staying in a toxic LTR, spending too much time at work without producing for the extra time, and letting it fuck up my sleep/health schedule so I didn't hit the gym regularly.

As you age (and once you've got those game fundamentals down which don't take _that_ much time to hone), more of your game becomes structural - good life setup, good mindset = making and taking of opportunities. Everything gets worse when those fundamentals get messed up.

My biggest game mistake of the year has been not holding frame within an LTR. She's generally not much trouble, and very much worth having around, due to my unfamiliarity with living in a different country, but I've been made to apologize for things that in hindsight I shouldn't have needed to apologize for, just stupid shit like saying something at the wrong time, or stringing out an argument just for the sake of arguing (I actually enjoy debating things, but it makes her uncomfortable sometimes). Not showing my weaknesses in this relationship is my main goal for next year.

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!

Not getting out more. It always is the case for me. It's been a bit rough trying to get my career of the ground and have been pulling mad hours and usually am too burnt out to go out after the often rough weeks.

Further, I've discovered a new proclivity towards more substantive LTRs and now realise that my base social circles are unsuited to it. The few quality girls I do know seem to be off the market as well so 2018 will be focused on augmenting my social circles with distinctly more conservative people.

For me it was hanging out with people (guy friends) who were toxic to me.

They were bringing me down with their "crab mentality" and their beta-ness was rubbing off on me, which I knew it, but didn't really had the nerve to cut them out.

A lot of power games on their part, playing petty mind-games as guys...lol

I cut them out towards the end and decided to really take care of myself first. I tried to be social as much as possible to gain social proof, get more social skills, etc., but that also came with sacrificing so much of my time, energy, attention to people that didn't really matter. I had to screen harder. I was trying to be social as much as possible, resulting in hanging out with people that I didn't even like thinking that it will go somewhere...Been there and done that.

I cut out like 5 people explicitly and directly by just not responding to their messages, about a dozen people indirectly by saying that I am busy or I got something else to do. Just a fade away.

My personality is really sigma male alike, I can go days or even weeks without talking to anybody. I am going to keep it that way, only talk to my fuck buddies. No over-reaching or over-leveraging.

2018, I am going to be super careful who enters my life. I tried to give people second, third chances after they have crossed the line and disrespected me, but not in 2018. If I get some bad vibes from a person, I am just going to ignore/dismiss them. No negativity allowed. "Hire slow, fire fast" is what I kept thinking to myself as I got rid of several toxic people last year.

Just going to focus on my business and investing and really get ready to do my real estate as I will be graduating. =]

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

I will come back with another mistake made and lesson learned, which was losing frame at the start w/ a girl. She was a solid 7 who thought she was a 10 b/c betas had her head blown way out of proportion. On our very first date, she texts me 2 hours before, saying she had not been feeling good all day and if it was ok to reschedule. I was like, sure no big deal. Fast forward, 2 days later, she texts me at 8am to say her period came early and she has cramps, and if it was ok to catch up "sometime next week". Because I was thinking with my dick and pressed at the time to hit it, I said sure.

We did end up meeting up that 3rd time, and I did end up hitting it, but there was a lot of b.s along the way that just wasn't worth it. I learned to cut your losses early on, and save your peace of mind.

I stopped being as social, and got more into politics, philosophy, and business stuff. Did a mini-LTR to ensure sex on the regular, but my approach muscles started to atrophy. Why go out and approach when I can go to the mini-LTRs place and get all the blowjobs I want?

Unfortunately, this also created an issue where I stopped focusing on my style and fitness as much. That's bad for business.

Although I learned a lot, and developed more was a writer and advocate, it also caused me to be a bit complicit.

I believe vitality is a necessary component in life.

My biggest mistake is not kissing the girl when I had the chance. I lost her and many months of pain and regret followed.

It's better to lose a girl knowing that you did everything you could than losing a girl because you DIDN'T do everything. The latter is much more painful.

Make Romania Great Again

1. Not starting to cold approach sooner. When I moved to NYC earlier this year, I was taken aback by how poor the ratios were at bars and meetups, since I'd heard the opposite about this city. I fell into a phase of despair and withdrawal before I decided to get out of my comfort zone and approach everywhere, anytime.

2. After I became more comfortable with cold approaching, I started treating the subsequent interactions too mechanically instead of letting it flow naturally. Lost a couple of opportunities that way. Accumulated stress from work was probably a factor too.

Quote:Quote:

It's better to lose a girl knowing that you did everything you could than losing a girl because you DIDN'T do everything. The latter is much more painful.

100% co-signed. Rejections don't bother me anymore. I felt far worse after blowing opportunities where she was clearly interested, due to my own hesitation.

My biggest mistake was that I didn't muster the courage to do day game.

Second one was that I didn't approach enough during the night.

Third is that I didn't muster courage to approach in pubs and I didn't find any decent pub for solo game.

Fourth one is that at some point I forgot to keep building my social circle.

Quote: (12-17-2017 03:00 AM)Mig Picante Wrote:  

My mistake was from a mini-LTR at the beginning of the year, I felt the chick was losing attraction/drifting away and felt like I needed to do something in order to fix it. I chased her, revealed my feelings toward her and predictably this made things worse and she broke it off, telling me "she could not commit"

Something like this happened to me with a mini LTR towards summer, she couldn't commit because she had a dying father. Ended up finding months after we stopped talking, that she fucked her best friends ex - which gave me a good laugh.

Also not using a condom with certain girls to say the least.

Other than that, maybe not escalating fast/hard enough with a handful of girls.

You live and you learn.

I could've gotten a dozen more notches had I not rejected women for the pleasure of it. Sometimes it just feels nice to feel like you can't be had.

A couple of them I kinda wish now that I could've fucked.

Oh well...

I have thought of another mistake I made only recently, which was using game on a much older woman.
Firstly there was no need and secondly now she will not leave me alone, messaging all the time and continually pressing to meet up again.

We met at a networking function and she was infatuated, everything I said seemed fascinating or hilarious to her. She was bumping into me and touching me a lot at the event and would appear wherever I went. It was just far too easy so I isolated her after the event and gave her a pash and felt her up in a location and such a way that no one would find out. I regretted it almost straight away.

The lesson I take from this is remembering her behavior. The signals I experienced are those that a woman gives when she is interested (really interested!). To recognise how she communicates and pushes an interaction along even when you don't.

ALSO I got a glimpse of how someone appears when they are acting desperate and needy, it is really unattractive. I'm going to work hard to extinguish any of those behaviours I catch myself making toward women in 2018.

Quote: (12-18-2017 06:32 AM)bgbusiness Wrote:  

For me it was hanging out with people (guy friends) who were toxic to me.

They were bringing me down with their "crab mentality" and their beta-ness was rubbing off on me, which I knew it, but didn't really had the nerve to cut them out.

A lot of power games on their part, playing petty mind-games as guys...lol

I cut them out towards the end and decided to really take care of myself first. I tried to be social as much as possible to gain social proof, get more social skills, etc., but that also came with sacrificing so much of my time, energy, attention to people that didn't really matter. I had to screen harder. I was trying to be social as much as possible, resulting in hanging out with people that I didn't even like thinking that it will go somewhere...Been there and done that.

I cut out like 5 people explicitly and directly by just not responding to their messages, about a dozen people indirectly by saying that I am busy or I got something else to do. Just a fade away.

My personality is really sigma male alike, I can go days or even weeks without talking to anybody. I am going to keep it that way, only talk to my fuck buddies. No over-reaching or over-leveraging.

2018, I am going to be super careful who enters my life. I tried to give people second, third chances after they have crossed the line and disrespected me, but not in 2018. If I get some bad vibes from a person, I am just going to ignore/dismiss them. No negativity allowed. "Hire slow, fire fast" is what I kept thinking to myself as I got rid of several toxic people last year.

Just going to focus on my business and investing and really get ready to do my real estate as I will be graduating. =]

2018 Q1 was a success.
Confidence is such as internal thing that comes out naturally and people around you can feel it when you get so much shit done.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Q1 2018 was a mixed bag for me, however business is going good, and potential plates come from the strangest places. If I have been reminded of anything this year thus far, it is you always have to be ready. The 2 top girls I've pulled this year were in an elevator in a parking garage and visiting a friend's new apartment. Neither situation was I expecting to run into a solid 7.5-8, but I was more prepared then if it was 2017.

The biggest mistakes for me involved not going with the sure thing when something more challenging was presented and getting neither at the end... but I see that as an experience not as a fail!

Is it the reward or the hunt that's more enjoyable?