rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Instant date from public transit: is it possible?

I'm visiting Europe for the weekend. Been doing a bit of approaching/gaming while I go about my sightseeing. Some of it has been on public transit.

My last few approaches on public transit got me thinking if it's possible to push for an instant date from a public transit approach. I'm only in town for a few more days, and don't want to deal with the uncertainty of scheduling a date. OTOH you only have a few stops to talk with the girl until one of you has to get off, and maybe there's not enough time to build a connection. I've been mentally writing off these interactions as approach practice, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do something like:
- Ask her if she's in a hurry.
- If she's not, ask her to alight with you at your stop to talk some more.
- And see if you can push it further from there.

So has anyone here ever successfully gotten an instant date from a public transit approach?

Quote: (11-25-2017 01:00 PM)BlueMark Wrote:  

I'm visiting Europe for the weekend. Been doing a bit of approaching/gaming while I go about my sightseeing. Some of it has been on public transit.

My last few approaches on public transit got me thinking if it's possible to push for an instant date from a public transit approach. I'm only in town for a few more days, and don't want to deal with the uncertainty of scheduling a date. OTOH you only have a few stops to talk with the girl until one of you has to get off, and maybe there's not enough time to build a connection. I've been mentally writing off these interactions as approach practice, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do something like:
- Ask her if she's in a hurry.
- If she's not, ask her to alight with you at your stop to talk some more.
- And see if you can push it further from there.

So has anyone here ever successfully gotten an instant date from a public transit approach?

I approached girls on the bus & train but with intention of getting a girl's digits. It certainly is possible to get an idate in the way you describe but I'd say it's rather above intermediate level - usually, if you're on public transit, you're moving from A to B so quite unlikely a girl will get off the bus/boat/train/tram* before arriving at B. But let's assume you and her planned to arrive at B (or you just said so), then I wouldn't ask her if she's in a hurry because you allow her to say "Yes". Don't do that. Never ask questions that let a girl easily say "No" to your compliance tests! I'd recommend instead, just before arriving, saying "You seem like a cool person, let's grab a coffee, I know a nice place nearby (if you do or don't , doesn't matter), just TEN minutes." If you've figured out logistics during approach and she doesn't have genuine time constraints and there's a good vibe, it's difficult to say no to ten minutes - it's a foot in the door technique. Start with a small request. Quite likely these 10 minutes will turn into much longer idate and usually by 30 minutes mark, if you play it right, you'll clearly know if you should go for a number and meet later or push for SDL.

* I was kidding about the boat... kinda difficult to get off the boat when it's at a cruising speed, unless you like to get wet ;-)

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk