rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Low free test

Low free test

So my latest test results showed over 1150ng/dl which I believe is around as high as you can get naturally. However the free test was 2.9pg/ml meaning most of the test is bound to SHBG.

Any ideas on how to increase free test levels as despite my high goal test levels I actually feel symptoms of low test.

Tried fenugreek, stinging nettle, boron, aspartic acid and food like dates so far

Low free test

What was your estradiol?

Low free test

Have you had your vitamin D checked?

Low free test

Quote: (11-24-2017 08:25 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

Have you had your vitamin D checked?

Vitamin D is within range and I supplement with this also

Estradiol was 31.5pg/ml (within range)
DHEA-S was 395ug/dl
Prolactin was 240mU/l

Low free test

Ok.

3rd question, are you doing a keto diet right now? Or a low calorie diet?

Low free test

Nope. No low calorie or high fat/protein diet. Just balanced and super healthy.

Low free test

Supplements? Stress level? Alcohol intake?

Low free test

Supplements: in addition to ones mentioned in first post

Everyday:
Magnesium 0.6-0.8g,
Zinc 50mg+Copper 1mg,
Vit C 1mg
Turmeric 2.4g
Krill Oil 1g
Vit K2 2g
N-A-C 600mg
Spirulina tablets
Probiotic

Every 3-4 days:
Vitamin A 15,000IU
Vitamin D3 5000IU
Selenium 200mg
Ocean Kelp 300mg

Alcohol: none, don't drink

Stress: When working offshore (more than 50% of the year) usually low to mild but occasionally can be very high. When not offshore, happy as a pig in poo so low stress

Low free test

Did you get thyroid values checked?

Low free test

Nope, that I have never done (although I have some parameters from a wellman's check done earlier in the year) What specific values?

Low free test

TSH, T4, T3.

I'm guessing you're in fairly good shape and fairly lean.

Low free test

Quote: (11-24-2017 04:41 PM)Steelex Wrote:  

TSH, T4, T3.

I'm guessing you're in fairly good shape and fairly lean.

Yes about 9% bodyfat and good shape.

TSH 2.07mU/L and Free T4 18.83pmol/L in wellmans done in June this year. T3 wasn't logged

Low free test

Ok, TSH and T4 are good, atleast in that test (however without a T3 measurement it's very hard to assess this. T3 levels can fly away from T4 and they're much more potent and indicative). 2.9pg/ml is really really low, are you sure that wasn't a percentage reading of your free Vs total test??

The only other value I would look at is liver enzymes. Are you taking NAC just as a precaution?

Low free test

The part im not putting together here is...

Good thyroid, good total t, and you're in great shape.

You don't get to 9% bf with a decent level of muscularity with screwed up test levels.

I'm not a doctor but I do read voraciously on the subject and have a fair bit of knowledge on this.

Any SARMS, AI's or SERMs in the mix here?

I'm trying to solve the puzzle using the info you've given.

Low free test

If you can, orally check your temperature first thing upon waking in the morning, before you get out of bed for 3 days. This is a good way to check for hyperthyroidism and is actually more accurate than a thyroid test.

Interestingly enough the closer we get to the extreme end of fitness the worse our SHBG levels tend to get. The body does not want to be a fat burning machine. High T3, high SHBG... usually.

Resting pulse rate is another slightly useful indicator.

Low free test

My hamster did some SARM experimentation off and on but found the return on investment too low to bother continuing. LGD and ostarine followed by clomid/nolva/arimistane PCTs followed by a break. Do you reckon high SHBG, low free test can result from this? Before any of this experimentation my total test was similar to what it is now (over 1000) with free test being around 9pg/ml which was still low but nothing like as low as it is now.

Regarding T3 levels - if the test turns out to be way off - do you think the kelp iodine supplement I take could somehow be causing this?

So I should check my temperature 3 times upon waking up and get a T3 blood test? And check pulse?

Regarding N-A-C yeah I decided to start taking it for health benefits. ALT and AST liver enzymes levels are good. The free test reading was not a percentage.

Low free test

http://anabolicapex.com/2017/01/17/free-...e-uncaged/

This post has some good tips and ideas on how to increase free T.

A bit rough and disorganized, but solid information that you might not know.

Low free test

Well it's up to you to figure out what you want to do. I suggest either finding a doctor who really knows his shit or becoming your own doctor, ordering your own bloods from private MD labs, and doing your own little science experiment.

You could preliminarily rule out hyperthyroidism using temp and heart beat, and then go on to take a blood test for SHBG levels. See what you get and then go from there.

Just depends how far you want to go, youre already fit.

Low free test

Yeah I will check those things out and report back.

Yeah fitness is fine but other stuff like libido is not so one way or the other I gotta sort this. Sparrow, I know about that site, thanks for posting it!

Low free test

Hey Steelex,

Got another blood test and I can confirm the following:

TSH, T3, T4 are all within range so no thyroid issues
Estradiol once again within range
Testosterone 35.1 nmol/l
Free Test 13.76 pg/ml (now within range but still not high enough for my liking!)
Blood test clinic messed up my order and didn't test for prolactin like I asked them to which was annoying (it was in range before though a little on the high side)
BUT!!!!!
SHBG: 93.48nmol/l!! (52 is the upper limit!)

During the past month I took the following:
-2x500mg D-aspartic acid (stopped taking it after hearing some scary things about it)
- 800mg stinging nettle root empty stomach after hearing it lowers SHBG
- 600mg Fenugreek seed (proven to raise test though my serum blood glucose was below the optimal range!)
- Boron 6mg/day (proven to increase free test)
- Vit D3, K2, Zinc, Magnesium - usual cocktail of test boosting minerals

Recently added mucuna puriens with L-Dopa 20% to the mix which apprently reduces prolactin.

So yeah, I am still wondering how the hell to lower than SHGB!! It seems to be the reason I feel like half the man I was a few years ago despite having very high total testosterone levels! Any ideas?

Low free test

Quote: (01-20-2018 10:17 AM)WannaBang Wrote:  

Hey Steelex,

Got another blood test and I can confirm the following:

TSH, T3, T4 are all within range so no thyroid issues
Estradiol once again within range
Testosterone 35.1 nmol/l
Free Test 13.76 pg/ml (now within range but still not high enough for my liking!)
Blood test clinic messed up my order and didn't test for prolactin like I asked them to which was annoying (it was in range before though a little on the high side)
BUT!!!!!
SHBG: 93.48nmol/l!! (52 is the upper limit!)

During the past month I took the following:
-2x500mg D-aspartic acid (stopped taking it after hearing some scary things about it)
- 800mg stinging nettle root empty stomach after hearing it lowers SHBG
- 600mg Fenugreek seed (proven to raise test though my serum blood glucose was below the optimal range!)
- Boron 6mg/day (proven to increase free test)
- Vit D3, K2, Zinc, Magnesium - usual cocktail of test boosting minerals

Recently added mucuna puriens with L-Dopa 20% to the mix which apprently reduces prolactin.

So yeah, I am still wondering how the hell to lower than SHGB!! It seems to be the reason I feel like half the man I was a few years ago despite having very high total testosterone levels! Any ideas?

I have your same results, everything is fine (all hormonal and thyroid checks) my total T is 1053 ng/dl, but free T is low and SHBG high.

But I'm making a Paleo High fat low carb diet with IF......

I was asking here if having high SHBG and low free T may be a problem for health...

I have 2 questions for you:

1) What was your D Vitamin (25OH) blood level at first blood check? and now what is the level?
2) How much D vitamin are you taking now?

Low free test

Hey man my Vitamin D levels are within range and have been for a year - before that they were too high. I take 5000IU once every few days (my test booster supplement has 1000IU/serving anyway). Prior to a year ago I would take this 5000IU every day.

I've been searching the hell out of the internet but can't find anything that lowers SHBG beyond what I have already attempted. I mean having LOW SHBG is a sign you might have diabetes and other terrible diseases so I am just aiming to have them within range. But how do we do this...? This is clearly the key.

As of yesterday I am increasing magnesium to 1g/day split throughout the day and boron from 6-12mg/day. No idea if it will help.

ilikegirls; I've been doing IF 16-18hours/day every day for almost 3 years - I think this actually increases testosterone so no issues there. Lots of literature says low carb diets are not so good for this however. But if you are on paleo presumably that means you are taking clean carbs so no issues there I guess.

Low free test

Quote: (01-21-2018 09:20 AM)WannaBang Wrote:  

Hey man my Vitamin D levels are within range and have been for a year - before that they were too high. I take 5000IU once every few days (my test booster supplement has 1000IU/serving anyway). Prior to a year ago I would take this 5000IU every day.

I've been searching the hell out of the internet but can't find anything that lowers SHBG beyond what I have already attempted. I mean having LOW SHBG is a sign you might have diabetes and other terrible diseases so I am just aiming to have them within range. But how do we do this...? This is clearly the key.

As of yesterday I am increasing magnesium to 1g/day split throughout the day and boron from 6-12mg/day. No idea if it will help.

ilikegirls; I've been doing IF 16-18hours/day every day for almost 3 years - I think this actually increases testosterone so no issues there. Lots of literature says low carb diets are not so good for this however. But if you are on paleo presumably that means you are taking clean carbs so no issues there I guess.

What was your vitamin D levels in your last blood exam?

I've read many stuff about low carb diet and T, but seems nobody can tell for sure what is better, for someone keto diet increases it for others drops it... so we don't know everything... I've seen that I can feel myself much better with an high fat low carb diet.

Tomorrow will make again blood hormonal checks to see if everything is changed.

Why are you not taking D aspartic acid anymore? What are the scary things you read about it?

Low free test

D3 was 140nmol/L.

D-aspartic acid I stopped first of all because I read it can increase prolactin which can lead to gyno and all sorts at least if it is dosed high and too long. It is meant to be cycled anyway. Interestingly towards the end of the 4 weeks I took it there was a brief period where my libido was on OVERDRIVE. Like powerful as I had not experienced since I was a teenager.

The day after I stopped taking it my libido went back to the very average state I am cursed with these days. I was tempted to keep up the DAA if not for the increased heart rate and increased irritability and anger I was experiencing.

I’m not sure if any of the stuff I am taking is good. Nettle root is meant to take the place of some test being binded by SHBG but this has a knock on effect allowing e2 to rise or something. I guess there is no point going for proviron if it does essentially the same thing. Fenugreek is supposed to increase prolactin as well and lower blood sugar too low (it already has in fact). This is why I am so pissed off the clinic didn’t take my prolactin… L-Dopa should at least partially offset any prolactin gains hopefully.

Been reading a lot of shit about SHBG - seems like there is not really fuck all that can bring it down and that if it is high there are 100s of things that could be causing it including deep rooted problems such as liver damage for instance.

Forgot to mention progesterone was 0.8nmol/L which is double the normal range. I read somewhere this is ALSO linked to high SHBG. So finding a way to lower that might be the way forward.

Low free test

Quote: (01-22-2018 01:48 PM)WannaBang Wrote:  

D3 was 140nmol/L.

D-aspartic acid I stopped first of all because I read it can increase prolactin which can lead to gyno and all sorts at least if it is dosed high and too long. It is meant to be cycled anyway. Interestingly towards the end of the 4 weeks I took it there was a brief period where my libido was on OVERDRIVE. Like powerful as I had not experienced since I was a teenager.

The day after I stopped taking it my libido went back to the very average state I am cursed with these days. I was tempted to keep up the DAA if not for the increased heart rate and increased irritability and anger I was experiencing.

I’m not sure if any of the stuff I am taking is good. Nettle root is meant to take the place of some test being binded by SHBG but this has a knock on effect allowing e2 to rise or something. I guess there is no point going for proviron if it does essentially the same thing. Fenugreek is supposed to increase prolactin as well and lower blood sugar too low (it already has in fact). This is why I am so pissed off the clinic didn’t take my prolactin… L-Dopa should at least partially offset any prolactin gains hopefully.

Been reading a lot of shit about SHBG - seems like there is not really fuck all that can bring it down and that if it is high there are 100s of things that could be causing it including deep rooted problems such as liver damage for instance.

Forgot to mention progesterone was 0.8nmol/L which is double the normal range. I read somewhere this is ALSO linked to high SHBG. So finding a way to lower that might be the way forward.

Was you progesterone over the normal range?

Do you have any health/psychological symptoms that could be related to low T?

I've read that D aspartic acid should be always cycle to get benefits from it, like 3 weeks on and then 3 weeks stop -as you did- (can't remember exactly how it should be taken).

So why you are scared about DAA if you were taking it correctly and had also good results?

Are you playing any sports?

As for your D 3 vitamin (25OH) couldn't be enough. 140 nm/L are = 56 ng/dl. Is not bad but you may have some extra benefits with an higher level.

Most of the doctors or scientists who are pro vitamin D consider the best range 60-80 ng/dl.