rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Litecoin (LTC)

Litecoin (LTC)

Do you use these currency for investment or short-term holdings before exchanging for another coin?

Litecoin (LTC)

I've owned some in the past. It's fast and seems to have a very strong community around it lead by it's creator, Charlie Lee (former google engineer). After bitcoin, it seems to have the most usability in terms of merchant acceptance. The price usually doesn't bounce around as much as BTC which makes it useful for quick buying and selling to transfer money to and from different accounts.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Litecoin (LTC)

Personally I really like Litecoin, it's one of my largest holdings but I'm starting to question why. I think part of the thing keeping Litecoin where it's at is the fact it's one of 3 currencies on Coinbase, outside of that there are better, faster, cheaper, and more private coins out there. Vertcoin which is a spinoff of Litecoin is seeming to gain traction and I could be mistaken but I think they are starting to add some privacy features into the coin as well with something called Stealth Addresses though I don't know much about that.

I think anytime we look at a "currency coin" ie something that competes with Bitcoin, if it doesn't have a couple things it's not worth looking at. We have Bitcoin, it's known, if something is going to compete with Bitcoin it has to have...

1. Fast transactions.
2. Cheap transactions
3. Privacy

Any coin lacking those elements is kinda pointless as we already have Bitcoin. I'm a huge fan of NavCoin their biggest mission is making crypto easy for noobs to use and I think that's the most important part to mass adoption. They also have cleared transactions that you can spend in 30 seconds, cheap transactions and privacy in many ways better than Monero and Dash and others.

That said I'm sitting on a lot of LItecoin, I always want to have 84 Litecoin or more so I have 1 millionth of all the coins but I'm really starting to rethink my holdings as had that money been in Bitcoin it would be worth ALOT more.

One benefit of LItecoin is if you want to get out of Bitcoin due to volatility but don't want to go to fiat Litecoin is a pretty safe stable place to stash your money

Litecoin (LTC)

Among other things discussed here, LTC is not a viable currency for widespread adoption.

Personally I am surprised LTC has stayed around for so long as it's benefits over Bitcoin are not that notable. I would prefer Dash over Litecoin, which has more pronounced differences than LTC, like decentralised governance, instant transactions and private transactions. Interest and development in both projects is about the same.

My main tip, for a purely speculative position is EOS. It has plenty of what drives crypto-speculation: innovation, big industry names and buzz. It's billed as being able to handle millions of transactions per second, compared to Ether's ~15 and Visa's 45K. I believe it has had the biggest gains of any major cap coin in the last few months, up from 50 cents to $1.75. If crypto keeps growing at it's current pace I expect this to find its way into the top 5-10 for market cap and hit $10 within a year.

Some other smaller ones I tip to go up hundreds of percent are: SAN (up 30% today), AVT, EDO and maybe DATA. As these were recently added to Bitfinex. When a coin is added it usually dribbles down hill and shortly afterwards has a 1,2,3,4,5,6X pump.

On the other hand, LTC and Dash are likely going to find it harder to have 1X moves up due to their large caps. Though they are probably safer bets for gains, especially if you buy on a double-digit percent dip.

Litecoin (LTC)

Oh god no don't buy EOS. Why the hell would you touch a coin with a fancy roadmap, a gigantic cap, and no actual product after the Tezos disaster? That's not even getting into the money laundering accusations against it, which are extremely credible...

The others are trash too (Except DATA, don't know that one.) I remember spending a huge amount of time looking at EDO and trying to figure out what the damn token actually DID, or why you would want it. It's yet another freaking DEX token, isn't it? AVT is either a crap ticketing token or a crap real estate token, I can't remember which. SAN is vulnerable to all kinds of problems.

And at the moment, not a one of them actually does anything, they're just whitepapers and roadmaps for product ideas that don't work. They're literally just basic ERC-20s, no different than Little Dark Coin in capability. If they pump it's because some P&D group decided to play with them. Which is fine, but if you're not watching (or you don't have your sell order set in advance) you'll miss the pump and eat the dump.

LTC is a fine coin, but Vertcoin seems to have stolen its thunder to a degree. What I heard was that LTC was mostly purchased by the Chinese, and with them removed from the market, the buying impetus is gone too.

Litecoin (LTC)

LiteCoin is basically the same as BitCoin and is referred as the "Silver of Crypto".
However, as the differences to BitCoin are minimal, any other top 10 coin is a better investment.

Litecoin (LTC)

Quote: (11-17-2017 03:21 PM)jamaicabound Wrote:  

I think anytime we look at a "currency coin" ie something that competes with Bitcoin, if it doesn't have a couple things it's not worth looking at. We have Bitcoin, it's known, if something is going to compete with Bitcoin it has to have...

1. Fast transactions.
2. Cheap transactions
3. Privacy

Any coin lacking those elements is kinda pointless as we already have Bitcoin. I'm a huge fan of NavCoin their biggest mission is making crypto easy for noobs to use and I think that's the most important part to mass adoption. They also have cleared transactions that you can spend in 30 seconds, cheap transactions and privacy in many ways better than Monero and Dash and others.

This is why I'm still on the sidelines. I don't see any meaningful way to figure which coin will catapult and which will be jettisoned ...

Litecoin (LTC)

I own a bunch of Litecoin. I like Litecoin because of the following reasons.

1. It's transaction times are very quick. This would be good if I actually wanted to purchase things using Litecoin which I think will be possible in a couple years.

2. There are going to be 4x the token supply compared to Bitcoin. So in my perfect world Litecoin would be 1/4 the amount of Bitcoin.

3. When new users come into the crypto game they are going to use their coinbase app and purchase crypto for the first time. As a noob will you buy a 8k coin first, or a $350 coin first, or a $70 coin first?

4. I like Charlie Lee. He is a very smart guy and I think he is a good leader for Litecoin.

I believe Litecoin will hit triple figures by January. I think its a good investment. I purchase Litecoin almost every week.

Litecoin (LTC)

I think litecoin is undervalued, attempting to buy some atm, after atomic swap litecoin and bitcoin will be more connected

Litecoin (LTC)

Litecoin is awesome, began trading it back when it was around 20-30$ and I'm still doing so now that it's above 70$.

I'm not into long term holding of anything, the most i'll hold is about 5-10 coins at a given time, however, this is all purely for trading purposes.

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Litecoin (LTC)

Neither. Adoption of it nothing compared to BTC and the speculative value is not much compared to many other coins like Monero, etc. What's keeping LTC in the top 10 is this idea that it can eventually do atomic swaps and piggyback off BTC's success like it always has. Holding BTC is a more solid in both use and speculative value, despite the fees and long transaction time.

I know a guy that held $LTC since 2013 and he would have still been better off holding $BTC like his friend did. I think Monero is the one gaining traction in both adoption and speculative value.

Litecoin (LTC)

Nice spike to $130 today. Probably lots of CB users loading up since it seems cheap compared to BTC.

Litecoin (LTC)

I've been using Litecoin lately and I really like its speed and low transaction cost. It's turning out to be what Bitcoin was intended to be.

Litecoin (LTC)

I doubled my money with litecoin. Bought in at 54 and sold just under 100.

Very happy with how things went down, just wish I'd put more in.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Litecoin (LTC)

I bought some at $5 and some at $30. Obviously wish I’d bought a hell of a lot more.

Pretty sure this spike is simply because people are registering at Coinbase for the first time and saying, “Hey, this looks cheap!”

Which is exactly why I bought it the first time, ha.

Litecoin (LTC)

I sold a few off.

I need to get myself into the habit of taking some profits here and there, rather than just sitting forever like I’ve done with just about every coin thus far.

Hopefully there will be another dip and I can buy them back.

Litecoin (LTC)

Litecoin is guaranteed to rise. Coinbase no 1 downloaded app on App Store. Litecoin “looks cheapest” for people who don’t know anything and there’s only 3 choices they can make before they go deeper down the crypto rabbit hole

Litecoin (LTC)

I bought LTC at $75 and predicted $200 in 2018, will probably get there before end of this year

Litecoin (LTC)

This is exactly what I did bought for 250$ at 84$ and doubled.

Stupid Coinbase in Canada cannot let me buy more than 250$ a week.

I would of bought for 5000$ easily.

Still fun to watch if litecoin hits 1000$ that 250$ will be worth 3000$, but I’m buying more I see litecoin at 2000$ by mid March unless the bubble bursts.

Litecoin (LTC)

Quote: (11-19-2017 09:25 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

I own a bunch of Litecoin. I like Litecoin because of the following reasons.

1. It's transaction times are very quick. This would be good if I actually wanted to purchase things using Litecoin which I think will be possible in a couple years.

2. There are going to be 4x the token supply compared to Bitcoin. So in my perfect world Litecoin would be 1/4 the amount of Bitcoin.

3. When new users come into the crypto game they are going to use their coinbase app and purchase crypto for the first time. As a noob will you buy a 8k coin first, or a $350 coin first, or a $70 coin first?

4. I like Charlie Lee. He is a very smart guy and I think he is a good leader for Litecoin.

I believe Litecoin will hit triple figures by January. I think its a good investment. I purchase Litecoin almost every week.

Exactly what happened this week....

Litecoin (LTC)

Quote: (11-19-2017 09:25 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

3. When new users come into the crypto game they are going to use their coinbase app and purchase crypto for the first time. As a noob will you buy a 8k coin first, or a $350 coin first, or a $70 coin first?...

It's not like you need to be an entire coin. But I'm guessing some first time buyers haven't even done enough research first to now this basic fact. If they haven't I shudder to think how they will fare with key and seed security.

Might the increase in LiteCoin price be because not only BTC is heavily congested now but also ETH the last several days (thanks to the Cryptokitties craze)? And people need something for faster transactions between exchanges.

Litecoin (LTC)

Litecoin is also accepted in many ICOs that just take BTC/ETH/LTC. It’s quicker and cheaper (both exchange rate and fees) than both BTC/ETH

Litecoin (LTC)

Marketing for Litecoin has been picking up. Charlie Lee (Litecoin founder) is a good leader as he is very active and always has his hands dirty in the goings on of LTC. I've made LTC my second largest holding and plan on accumulating more.

I was originally using it only as a means to buy cheaper bitcoin on Bitfinex (buy LTC on Coinbase and immediately transfer to Bitfinex) but now see it as something that will be widely adopted.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Litecoin (LTC)

At this time Litecoin is a better coin than bitcoin due to its cheaper fees ,faster transactions, drama free community , great transparent developer. It's goal according to what I've researched is that LTC would be used mostly for smaller transactions (coffee shops, ice cream, shopping malls, etc) and BTC mostly for larger transactions? Idk but I do like how it is considered the silver of Bitcoin. It's the only alt coin I trust.

Litecoin (LTC)

I don't see Litecoin as a long-term investment. It's a Bitcoin copy-cat. If it gets popular then it will have the same high fees and issues that Bitcoin currently has.