rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Kucoin. Own shares in an operational exchange.

I was reading through 4chan threads about Coss. Coss is a token which allows you to receive part of the profits of the exchange based on how many Coss tokens you hold.

I had initially held a large amount of Coss coins and sold right before it took a huge dive.

The exchange was pretty shitty and the Coss team had a hell of a time making their payouts as promised.

After reading shitpost after shitpost about Coss, I noticed a lot of hard shilling for Kucoin.

Kucoin essentially has the same business model as Coss but is vastly better in certain ways.

- They have a much better user interface than Coss. Coss' UI is complete and utter garbage. Kucoin has an amazing interface, and is extremely user friendly. It is aesthetically superior in ever way. They even use the Tradingview interface for their graphs.

- They make payouts on a daily basis. Daily compounding results in a higher ROI than compounding weekly.

https://bigblocksblog.wordpress.com/2017...pays-more/

- They have first mover advantage by allowing NEO to act as a base currency when trading other tokens. This will allow NEO fanboys to make trades and keep their NEO.

- They currently have 0% trade fees to attract more users. This will eventually be increased in order to generate profit for their Kucoin share holders.

- The exchange is based in Hong Kong which is much more open about Crypto than mainland China. I'll also note that Coss is headquartered in Singapore which has recently stated that they will not regulate cryptos.

This is not a shill as I do not currently own any of either coin. It appears that they both pay out 50% although Kucoin does this on a daily basis whereas Coss does it weekly.

There are other side by side analysis of Kucoin and Coss which show that Coss is the better investment based on its current price.

Coss indicates that they will be updating the UI with tradingview at somepoint. I have spoken with developers on slack as well as the founder and they specifically mentioned this.

I'll state again that Kucoin UI is absolutely superb in every single way at the moment and the fact that they allow NEO as a base currency is a very big advantage for them.

Also, their team seems much better than Coss'.

In summary, I think Kucoin is the clear winner out of these two.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Here are some videos and links which I found to have very good analysis of Kucoin and of Coss.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comme...m_rkucoin/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGtH11r7R8g

https://steemit.com/@cryptobeak

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6y...post_this/

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

Had some and sold for 20% profit back when it was new.

Do you know the marketcap? I remember looking at the contract and seeing there were 168 million of them, which gives a pretty large marketcap.

181,043,076 is the total supply. I searched the whitepaper but couldn't find anything about initial or circulating supply.

If total is taken as circulating then that puts the market cap as of now as around $165 million. This is significantly higher than binance. However, I doubt that the circulating is that high.

Kucoin seems to be an exact copy paste of binance with the exception that Kucoin has tradingview integration. Since binance circulating supply is about 100 million, it would not be far fetched to say that Kucoin' circulating might be the same.

The Maximally Pathetic Schema: Xs who labor to convince Ys that “I’m not one of those despicable Zs!,” when in fact it is obvious to the meanest intelligence that the Ys see no difference between Xs and Zs, don’t care anyway, and would love to throw both Xs and Zs into a gulag.

- Adrian Vermeule

I still cannot find any concrete info regarding the circulating supply. What I did find was that the top three wallets contain 96% of the total supply (173,752,352 KCS). The fourth wallet only having 230,270 and all others having less than this.

Let's assume that all coins are in circulation expect for the top wallet which contains 90 million KCS. That would be 91,043,076 with a market cap of $80,234,259 which is less than Binance's current MC of around $120,000,000.

It should also be noted that the top wallet only has 2 transactions while all the other wallets have many. This would leave me to assume that everything is in circulation except the 90 million from the top wallet.

Interpret this info however you want but I see kucoin being able to beat out binance if they can do some heavy marketing. This is especially true given the fact that they currently have zero fees. They also have the NEO as a base currency as I mentioned above and they also pay gas on a daily basis (Binance is the only other exchange that pays out gas for NEO holdings and does it on a monthly basis).

I think for right now it may be too expense for what it currently offers and I think if one were to buy it would need to be with a very long term plan.

Some people have also mentioned that given the fact that it is legally a security, it will attract the heavy hands of regulators very soon. I don't see this being a security in the true sense as it does not pay out any fiat and cryptos have been defined as commodities and property in many jurisdictions.

- Adrian Vermeule

"Some people have also mentioned that given the fact that it is legally a security, it will attract the heavy hands of regulators very soon. I don't see this being a security in the true sense as it does not pay out any fiat and cryptos have been defined as commodities and property in many jurisdictions."

No dice here. This is prettymuch the legal definition of a security.

Quote: (10-29-2017 09:57 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

"Some people have also mentioned that given the fact that it is legally a security, it will attract the heavy hands of regulators very soon. I don't see this being a security in the true sense as it does not pay out any fiat and cryptos have been defined as commodities and property in many jurisdictions."

Doesn't a security need to pay out fiat/legal tender? I don't have any experience with business law, but if kucoin is a security, isn't Coss a security?

Even if it is, would it matter? They say on their website that they are remaining legally compliant and it appears that Hong Kong and Singapore are aiming to be the epicenters of all things cypto so I don't see them really going after these things.

I know I could be 100% wrong but I don't see it happening with the HK business friendly gov.

Regardless, I'm not dipping into this thing just yet until more concrete numbers start coming out such as cirulating supply, marketcap, and any issues with the HK gov.

- Adrian Vermeule

Quote: (10-29-2017 10:06 PM)Bill Brasky Wrote:  

Quote: (10-29-2017 09:57 PM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Doesn't a security need to pay out fiat/legal tender? I don't have any experience with business law, but if kucoin is a security, isn't Coss a security?

Even if it is, would it matter? They say on their website that they are remaining legally compliant and it appears that Hong Kong and Singapore are aiming to be the epicenters of all things cypto so I don't see them really going after these things.

I know I could be 100% wrong but I don't see it happening with the HK business friendly gov.

Regardless, I'm not dipping into this thing just yet until more concrete numbers start coming out such as cirulating supply, marketcap, and any issues with the HK gov.

COSS is definitely a security. 100%, no doubt about it. I don't think it matters too much, but I thought I would point it out.

Quick Breakdown:

COSS Advantages:
Lower Marketcap than KuCoin means more room for growth.
Company is going out of their way to remain legally complaint.
Potential fiat integration in the future. (Which is huge)

COSS Disadvantages:
Low exchange volume currently.
Their legal compliance makes things a pain in the ass for users: it's very difficult to get a full account on their system, and moving things in and out of their service is very slow.
They haven't been listing new shit the way I hoped they would.

Kucoin Advantages:
First people to list RedPulse means they're serious about being the first to list things.
People seem to like the interface more.
Exchange volume is currently 20x COSS's, which means you get more money for holding it.
Daily payouts versus weekly allows for some compounding.

Kucoin Disadvantages:
Unknown but probably very high marketcap.
Exchange seems kinda shady.
No fiat integration plans that I'm aware of.
I've heard (unverified) that the share of revenue you get from Kucoin drops to 15% after some time (2 years?) which makes it a less attractive long term hold.

Keep in mind that there are a LOT of exchanges coming out soon, and it's going to be very difficult for any of these to rise to the level of say, Binance or Bittrex.

At least in Germany, a security is defined as everything that pays out dividends or intends to do so.

In 2 years decentralized exchanges will likely make bittrex and binnance obselete.

Expanding on SamuelBRoberts' rundown:

Kucoin
Total supply: 181,034,076
Circ supply: 91,043,076

The other 90 mil belongs to kucoin and is in lockup for 3 years. No word on how these coins will eventually reach the market, if they do.

The 50% split is for at least the next 6 months, and after two years they said it'll be no less than 15%. However, it seems whenever they list a new coin, they will run a promotion where there are 0 trading fees for the first month (at least that has been what's happened so far). In addition to the fee split, holding 1000 kucoin gives you a 1% trading fee discount, stacking up to a max of 30% discount (with 30k kucoin). All of this lowers the value of the fee split.

They have a referral program that heavily encourages shilling for the Kucoin exchange. https://news.kucoin.com/en/kucoin-will-l...t-october/

COSS
Total supply: 200 million
Circ supply: 83 million

Of the coins not in circulation, 10mil is permanently locked up & receiving the fee split for charity purposes. The rest of the coins are locked and not able to receive the fee split until they're distributed. Of those, it's split 50 mil for future coss funding, 20mil for COSS affiliate program, 30mil for dev/shareholders/staff/bounty. Of the coss funding coins, Coss-Rune said that they will be incrementally sold off in future to help fund expansion. No exact plan at this time, but it's likely some of the following will be considered: Priority to existing coss holders, a discount, a lockup period to prevent discount coins from hitting the market all at once.

Given that adds to 203 million, that means some amount of affiliate or bounty COSS have been distributed.

They're aiming to be a fiat portal and to have full legal compliance, which means they won't be listing coins that are in essence securities (they believe the way they've set it up, the coss coin isn't a security, whatever) or have other potential issues (such as coins that are very focused on privacy such as monero or verge).

COSS has definitely had more setup issues than Kucoin (slow to list new coins & generally shitty exchange, fee split teething issues, etc) but if they pull it off, I'd say they have a much higher potential than Kucoin.

To be clear, I do hold some kucoin and a larger amount of coss.