rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman's Anti-Cop Facebook Rant Closes Her Mum's Business

Woman’s Facebook post closes her mum’s cafe

Quote:Quote:

Kato Mele, the owner of the White Rose Coffeehouse in Lynn, Boston, went into major damage control when her daughter Sophie CK said she would “never allow a ‘coffee with a cop’ event to take place in my family’s establishment ever”.

“Coffee with a cop” was started in the US in 2011 as a chance for the community to speak with their local police officers over a cup of coffee.
When one of Sophie’s Facebook friends said her opinion “sounds like a mistake” she pushed further.

“Absolutely not a mistake. Citizens do not need to humanise police officers, police officers need to humanise citizens, particularly black citizens why they seem to struggle with doing considering they keep murdering them,” Sophie, who was a manager at White Rose, added.

In a separate post she wrote, “I will not be part of the false rhetoric that cops are just misunderstood good guys. They uphold an unjust system and murder without consequence.”

[Image: 2447814b91673e72c595881ba48fb777]

As soon as Mele saw the posts, she demanded Sophie delete them, which she did, but unfortunately the damage was already done.

A large group from the website that originally published the comments descended on White Rose Coffeehouse’s Facebook page, leaving hundreds of bad reviews and comments, ruining its original five-star rating it had built up over its first year.

Sophie received rape threats, the cafe phone rang off the hook with people abusing them, hoping they would drown or that their business was ruined.

“These are people targeting us for the stupid opinion of a 23-year-old,” Mele told The Boston Globe .

[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-10-14-at-1.03.50-AM.png]

Mele released a lengthy statement to the local police department apologising and even the Lynn chief of police tried to douse the firestorm.

“This is a non-story,” Michael Mageary, the police chief, told local paper Daily Item.

“This young lady has the right to say whatever she wants and we respect that. We will continue to do our job every day. My sense is that most officers will avoid the establishment, but that is their choice.”

Mele used a public statement to apologise for the “reprehensible affront, distasteful, biased and hateful remarks made by the manager of the White Rose on a personal Facebook page”.

Mele even fired her own daughter in a bid to get customers back into her empty store.

“As a beginning, I invite interested Lynn law enforcement to visit the White Rose on Monday, October 16, or anytime, to help us make amends, but more importantly provide us with some guidance and suggestions that through a cooperative effort will help make an ever improving Lynn,” the statement read.

But despite everything, no police officers, or customers, showed up.

[Image: lol.gif]

Tuesday was the same and less than a week after her daughter’s original post, Mele is done with the coffee shop.

“What I have here is a family business that has no family,” she told The Globe.

“Maybe I could weather this. But this used to be a place of joy for me, and I don’t see a way that I will ever feel that way again.

Mele has since packed up all of the leftover food and has sent it to homeless shelters.

She’s selling her apartment to make sure all her vendors can be paid for the full month.

“I’ve lost my business and I’ve lost my daughter … I don’t know how this story just keeps building, but I need people to leave me alone,” said Mele.

“I’m closing my business so I can stop being harassed.”

Just tragic.

Cause meet effect.

G

That's absolutely terrible. Another reason to avoid social media and a great reason to keep your business removed from your personal life as best as possible.

I feel very sorry for her. Her daughter is a massive cunt.

Too bad. Maybe do a better job raising your daughter.

No mention of the girl's father...

Sophie received rape threats, the cafe phone rang off the hook with people abusing them, hoping they would drown or that their business was ruined.

Sure she did. It's much more likely that she tried to play a victim to avoid blame and "rape threats" were the first thing her SJW mind thought of.

She sounds like a decent person. Its sad that the SJW rethoric has starter to rot families up.

Ive always thought that, if I ever opened up a restaurant or store, coffee would always be on the house for anyone in uniform. As a former cop, I can tell you, the ones that hate you the most are the ones that always expect you to bend over to help them first. Fuck that spoiled brat.

I'd sure like to feel sorry for the mother if she wasn't the one that raised the little bitch in the first place.

People can say stupid things and it's often forgivable, but you have to assume that in this case mother-dearest begged little miss cuntface to issue a retraction and make an apology, and little miss cuntface refused, chosing her so-called moral high ground over whatever fallout her mother was going to suffer.

We reap what we sow.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

An entire generation of parents and white-knights have failed to teach their daughters that actions have consequences and that their stupid opinions aren't meant to be shared with the world.

I'm not going to shed any tears.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Whelp, something tells me that didn't go in the way she expected...

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Holy smokes I thought coffee with a cop was a Hawaii only thing.

Listen, if you live in a small afea, or on an island, and your driving habits could be considered unorthodox, go to coffee with a cop. Be friends with as many as possible. Networking saves court fees. Trust me.

Aloha!

You reap what you sow.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Liberal white women are the most awful creatures on Earth.

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/1...story.html

So this is how the world works now.

It’s not enough to just disagree with somebody who says something some find odious. No, angry mobs must be set upon them, to terrify them and destroy their lives. Especially if they’re women.

Today’s chapter in this ghastly saga? The rage that killed the coffee shop.

Last week, Kato Mele’s 23-year-old daughter said some things on Facebook that many people found appalling. She wrote that the White Rose Coffeehouse in Lynn, which her mother owns and where she worked, would never host a “coffee with a cop” event, klatches designed to build goodwill between police and the community

As usual, women can do no wrong. "Spewed insults in a public social media setting" becomes "said some things."

The chief of police in Lynn responded beautifully.

“This is a non-story,” Michael Mageary told Lynn’s Daily Item on Sunday. “This young lady has the right to say whatever she wants and we respect that. We will continue to do our job every day. My sense is that most officers will avoid the establishment, but that is their choice.”

But by then, it was already too late. A mob had descended within hours of the Facebook post, whipped up by a website that specializes in (and makes money from) marshaling drooling goons for mass attacks, mostly on victims who express left-of-center views.
Ordinary civilians don't have the right to oppose a business establishment if they're right-of-center. Also I'm interested what website "specializes in (and makes money from) marshaling drooling goons for mass attacks." Last I checked Antifa was leftist.

They got into the cafe’s Facebook page, leaving hundreds of bad reviews to drive its five-star rating down. Mele’s daughter received rape threats. On Monday, the cafe was slammed with abusive callers, saying horrific things: They hoped Mele and her daughter are ruined, that they never work again, that her daughter drowns. An especially charming bunch of them, parroting a line from the hateful website that played on “coffee with a cop,” said they wanted to have coffee with a c-word.
Yes, insults might invite insults.

But that doesn’t matter. People now get their kicks, and sometimes their profit, from destroying people they’ve never met. They get to satisfy their bloodlust and find an outlet for their racism and misogyny and a remedy for their deep feelings of inadequacy in other people’s pain.

This week it was Mele’s turn. Next week it will be somebody else’s. And it seems none of us can stop people filled with hate from burning down life after life, every week after that.
These people are rabid. Everything is misogyny or racism to them, or it isn't worth a dog fart. Where was the author when Antifa thugs attacked a disabled veteran?

I feel bad for the mom. Her business was ruined because her idiot daughter thought that she was untouchable mouthing off with her idiot opinions indoctrinated into her by media and her shitbag humanities classes at school. On the other hand, as noted by several of you above, as a mother why didn't she raise her daughter better? If not prevent her from becoming a communist, at least stress the importance of not being a deliberate bitch in public. I have a sneaking suspicion that mom is at least a leftist while her daughter took a step beyond and became far-left.

As Lunostrelki notes, that anyone on the left is complaining about the daughter being harassed for her opinions can go eat a big plate of Shut Your Fucking Mouth. When they stop hounding anyone for saying anything even remotely out of line with their ridiculous theology then they have a case. I love it how they cry foul when their own dirty tactics are used back on them. Good. Fuck you and squirm more, you filth.

This is quite disgusting. Its not like liberals have ever caused a business to shutter by forcing their feelings on a policy they disagree with...

Oh...nevermind...

My side job is in the bluest district in my state. I don't share my opinions with customers because I would get fired in a heartbeat.

Guess what? Lefties need to learn it too. Fuck this bitch.

I'm hardly a fan of the police. Whenever they're around I make a point of not doing anything until they leave. To quote Bukowki, "I don't hate cops... I just feel better when they're not around," but what an idiotic thing to be angry about.

The Coffee with a Cop thing is something I saw in Vegas, as well, and as far as I'm concerned it's a brilliant idea. One of the great problems of modern policing is that the individual officers are removed from the communities they patrol. It becomes a type of foreign occupation, where neither citizen nor officer view the other as human. Sitting down to chat is a great way of changing that.

The utter lack of self awareness with these types - it's right to shut down a Christian business, but wrong to shut down a leftie business - is very worrisome.

Quote: (10-21-2017 08:12 AM)Lunostrelki Wrote:  

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/1...story.html

So this is how the world works now.

It’s not enough to just disagree with somebody who says something some find odious. No, angry mobs must be set upon them, to terrify them and destroy their lives. Especially if they’re women.

It's funny how fast the "But free speech has consequences!!!" and "The first amendment only protects you from the government!!!" scholars whip a 180 when they figure out it works both ways.

I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that the coffee shop was already doing poorly, and this was a good excuse to pack it in and conveniently blame the idiot SJW daughter.

I just read the various articles about this again. It sounds like the whole thing would have disappeared and the coffee place would be fine if the mother kept her damn mouth shut. All her " Look what my kid did" nonsense is what screwed her. Nobody cared about some bullshit Facebook post until mama wrote a letter to the cops, and started doing interviews. Attention whoring must run in the family.

There's also something to be said about her blowing it off as "she's just a kid" when the daughter is 23 years old. When I was 23 I was spreading democracy around the globe with the US Navy. We've covered this already, but anything they can do to get out of any responsibility, go for it.

Quote: (10-21-2017 12:44 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

The Coffee with a Cop thing is something I saw in Vegas, as well, and as far as I'm concerned it's a brilliant idea. One of the great problems of modern policing is that the individual officers are removed from the communities they patrol. It becomes a type of foreign occupation, where neither citizen nor officer view the other as human. Sitting down to chat is a great way of changing that.

Again, I thought coffee with the cops was a Hawaiian thing. It works here in Honolulu city and county because we have a great police department that everyone loves and respects. I had a dealing with them this morning that is for another thread, and granted they handled things incredibly corruptly, they absolutely protected and served me. People overlook their corruption because they are there for you when you need them. In fact, our police chief just got indicted yesterday: www.staradvertiser.com/kealoha

I would think in Boston, where this stuff happened would be similar. I think they love the cops there. The cops are all named Kevin O'Malley and they chase down Irish gangs of armored car robbers all day. They already have a good rapport with the people.

However, a place like Ferguson Missouri, coffee with cops is a really bad idea. They shoot everyone, and it would just turn into a big fight. Thus, in areas where cops are an occupation force more than anything, that occupation has to end first.

I love coffee with the cops.

Aloha!

Quote: (10-21-2017 12:16 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

a great reason to keep your business removed from your personal life as best as possible.

Either by coincidence or by design, that's tougher than ever to do now.

Quote: (10-21-2017 02:33 PM)MKDAWUSS Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2017 12:16 AM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

a great reason to keep your business removed from your personal life as best as possible.

Either by coincidence or by design, that's tougher than ever to do now.

Agreed, a few of the businesses that I've consulted for had social media accounts, all of them were tied to their owners' personal social media account. All of which were managed by some dumb ass woman with a social media title.

I did away with that MIGHTY quickly. We made new facebook accounts all tied to a local business controlled email account which is to never be used for anything other than business media activities.

Not difficult to do, just stupid to not think like this. Being able to voice an unpopular opinion regardless of where it falls on the political spectrum shouldn't cost you your business.

Quote: (10-21-2017 09:59 AM)stugatz Wrote:  

My side job is in the bluest district in my state. I don't share my opinions with customers because I would get fired in a heartbeat.

Guess what? Lefties need to learn it too. Fuck this bitch.

The leftists started the pointing and shrieking, and the firing or shutting down businesses over a single thing that someone said or did. But now with /pol and all the other memeing shitlords setting the example, more and more ordinary people are ready to give these leftists a real good dose of their own medicine.

More, please!

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (10-21-2017 02:24 PM)Kona Wrote:  

I just read the various articles about this again. It sounds like the whole thing would have disappeared and the coffee place would be fine if the mother kept her damn mouth shut. All her " Look what my kid did" nonsense is what screwed her. Nobody cared about some bullshit Facebook post until mama wrote a letter to the cops, and started doing interviews. Attention whoring must run in the family.

There's also something to be said about her blowing it off as "she's just a kid" when the daughter is 23 years old. When I was 23 I was spreading democracy around the globe with the US Navy. We've covered this already, but anything they can do to get out of any responsibility, go for it.

Quote: (10-21-2017 12:44 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

Again, I thought coffee with the cops was a Hawaiian thing. It works here in Honolulu city and county because we have a great police department that everyone loves and respects. I had a dealing with them this morning that is for another thread, and granted they handled things incredibly corruptly, they absolutely protected and served me. People overlook their corruption because they are there for you when you need them. In fact, our police chief just got indicted yesterday: www.staradvertiser.com/kealoha

I would think in Boston, where this stuff happened would be similar. I think they love the cops there. The cops are all named Kevin O'Malley and they chase down Irish gangs of armored car robbers all day. They already have a good rapport with the people.

However, a place like Ferguson Missouri, coffee with cops is a really bad idea. They shoot everyone, and it would just turn into a big fight. Thus, in areas where cops are an occupation force more than anything, that occupation has to end first.

I love coffee with the cops.

Aloha!

Kona, I understand you used to live in the area, so you have an informed opinion, but is that really still the case today?

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

Notice that Dad/Husband is missing from the story?

Quote: (10-21-2017 04:29 PM)911 Wrote:  

Quote: (10-21-2017 02:24 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Kona, I understand you used to live in the area, so you have an informed opinion, but is that really still the case today?

St. Louis has had a long history of problems with inner city "culture." It is home to some of the worse race riots in US history. The media feeds on this idea to play up the "midwestern people are evil, coastal leftists are good" narrative. It could be argued that Missouri doesn't pay enough welfare ransom money to keep the hood inline. It also could be argued that most of the police departments in SL county don't pay enough in salaries to deal with hood culture and attract solid candidates.

If I had to agree with Kona on one thing. It would be that SL police departments have horrible PR relations in handling some issues again probably a money issue coupled with the fact that most Missouri residents don't care.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham