rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Would you date a woman with oral herpes?

Just found out the woman I'm dating has oral herpes. Not sure whether it's ok to keep dating her.

What are we talking about?

Cold sores?

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (10-19-2017 02:45 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

What are we talking about?

Cold sores?
yes

50-80% of population in the US has oral herpes, and probably you have oral herpes as well.
Just don't let her do a BJ when she looks sick, because genital herpes is a bit nastier.

Bro you have far more important things to think about and work on right now than worrying about the non-issue of cold sores.

Of course no one wants a chick to have a cold sore, but it's something that's an issue for 1 week once every few years in most cases- sometimes decades between outbreaks, or once and never again.

You are worried about the chipped paint on your boat's railing corroding in 5 years meanwhile your sail fell off 3 kilometers back and you have a broken leg.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (10-19-2017 03:50 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Bro you have far more important things to think about and work on right now than worrying about the non-issue of cold sores.

Of course no one wants a chick to have a cold sore, but it's something that's an issue for 1 week once every few years in most cases- sometimes decades between outbreaks, or once and never again.

You are worried about the chipped paint on your boat's railing corroding in 5 years meanwhile your sail fell off 3 kilometers back and you have a broken leg.

I don't see the logic in your post. If I already knew cold sores are a non-issue why would I ask? That's why I'm asking, to know if it's an issue or not. I never had a cold sore myself.

Quote: (10-19-2017 03:55 AM)polymer Wrote:  

I don't see the logic in your post.

Then you can't be helped.

Please excuse me for incorrectly assuming that you did 2 minutes of googling to find out what a cold sore is.

Next time when you ask "would you date a woman who has X" perhaps consider that knowing what the fuck X even is might be useful in drawing conclusions from the responses.

Quote: (10-19-2017 04:04 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (10-19-2017 03:55 AM)polymer Wrote:  

I don't see the logic in your post.

Then you can't be helped.

Please excuse me for incorrectly assuming that you did 2 minutes of googling to find out what a cold sore is.

Next time when you ask "would you date a woman who has X" perhaps consider that knowing what the fuck X even is might be useful in drawing conclusions from the responses.
I have googled it and read about it. Thanks for being very helpful.

I have no idea why you're having trouble with women.

Quote: (10-19-2017 04:11 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

I have no idea why you're having trouble with women.
good for you

So it's a non-issue, yet so far 4 out of 6 voters wouldn't date a woman with oral herpes.

Not sure how many of the voters think I mean dating during an outbreak of cold sores. I meant who has the virus, not necessarily during an outbreak.

7-8 out of ten people have cold sores.

They pop up rarely and go away in a few days.

Its absolutely no big deal.

Ruling out 80% of the bangable women in the world is a dumb thing to do.

WHAT A DUMB POLL

go look at the WHO website on this subject. so dumb.

Would or wouldn’t. Laugh my ass off.

Th fact is YOU HAVE DATED A GIRL WITH THIS ALREADY.

OR

YOU HAVE NEVER DATED A GIRL

Look into Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) for herpes and other STD/STI related issues...

Tom Leykis / Leykis 101:

-Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.
-Don't ask a woman what she wants to do.
-Never get involved with a co-worker unless you don't mind losing your job over it.
-Never spend more than $40 on a date. If possible, let her pay for everything or 50/50.
-If she doesn't bang you by the third date, Dump That Bitch (DTB).
-No spooning, cuddling, hugging, or staying over. Get in, get out!
-Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25+ or really ready to settle down.
-Men age like fine wine, women age like milk.

I forgot to add this to my previous post:

BHT at the very least may work as protection and also may slow the aging process. I use it daily at 1,000 mg (the capsules are 250 mg each), in the morning before eating anything for about an hour. Can't drink alcohol 6 hours before or after taking BHT because it may highly intensify the effects of alcohol and get you silly drunk with not much alcohol. That's why I take in the morning since I'm sure I won't normally be drinking for at least 6 hours.

Here's some more BHT info but regardless please do your own research, the search term is "BHT and herpes". BHT is inexpensive, BHT should never be confused with its cousin BHA.

BHT is an antioxidant and common food preservative used in extremely minute amounts, approved by the FDA for food, oils, and fats. Over 25 years ago, a paper was published in the journal "Science" showing that BHT could inactivate herpes simplex and other lipid coated viruses in vitro (In lab dishes). After that, some studies have tried to show the bad effects of BHT by giving rats as much as what the equivalent of 50,000-70,000 mg daily would be for a human. No human would ever take such a high dose. The human limit is 1,000 mg daily to avoid risks but still obtain the possible benefits.

BHT appears to work against viruses by disrupting their lipid membranes making them vulnerable to the immune system and impairing their ability to penetrate human cells. BHT can also remove binding proteins that the virus uses to penetrate cell membranes. In addition, BHT acts as an antioxidant neutralizing free radicals that damage cell membranes and cause inflammation. That's important for any anti-aging benefits. It is also believed that the destructive action of many pathogenic viruses involves the destructive action of free radicals on cellular membranes. More recent studies have confirmed the anti-viral activity of BHT against many different human and animal viruses including CMV (cytomegalovirus), pseudorabies, herpes/warts, HIV and some strains of influenza.

Cold sores are usually caused by "HSV type 1" a.k.a. "herpes type 1" and it causes sores around the mouth and lips (sometimes called fever blisters or cold sores). HSV-1 can cause genital herpes, but most cases of genital herpes are caused by herpes type 2. In HSV-2, the infected person may have sores around the genitals or rectum.

Tom Leykis / Leykis 101:

-Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.
-Never get involved with a co-worker unless you don't mind losing your job over it.
-Never spend more than $40 on a date. If possible, let her pay for everything or 50/50.
-Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25+ or really ready to settle down.

Cold sores are almost always HSV-1, which is less intense and nasty than HSV-2. Just don't let her give you head until the sores are gone. Even if you do get genital HSV-1 from her cold sores, it's nothing like as bad as HSV-2 which apparently has worse symptoms and recurs more often. Genital HSV-1 usually happens just the once and then never again. Or if it does happen again, the symptoms aren't so bad the 2nd time. And they're not even that bad anyway because from cold sores it'd be HSV 1, not 2.

I have been on dates with girls who confessed they had herpes and I didn't sleep with them. But oral herpes is much more common, and you rarely get confessions on that matter as most girls have it, unless she has an obvious symptom I wouldn't even ask. Oral herpes is part of the dating gaming territory, you will probably get it sooner or later.

If a woman told me she had oral herpes I'd probably bang her but I wouldn't come near her mouth. Obviously it would only be a one or two time thing.

I dated a woman who I did not know had oral herpes, of course because she didn't say shit. Then maybe a month into the fling, she shows up and I see this small cold sore on the corner of her mouth. While 80% of the population has that shit, if you are tested and don't, why put yourself at risk to join the masses?

Absolutely not

For the benefit of any later lurkers: "oral" and "genital" herpes are not distinct diseases. Repeat, they are the same thing, differentiated only by the site of infection/recurrence, and a slight difference in which virus prefers which site. So if she blows you with a sore, you can get genital herpes because that's where you will be infected.

"Oral herpes" used to be identified with Herpes Simplex Virus 2, and "genital" with HSV-2, but with the rising popularity of oral sex, people's junks have started to see HSV-1 infections and mouths HSV-2.

In the grand scheme, not something to be too concerned about and a risk of the game today, but it's not something you should go out trying to catch. If you don't have sex during a girl's outbreak, the odds of catching it when she's asymptomatic are pretty low (under 2%, that's less than the chance of a girl getting pregnant when using condoms every time). If she's on Valtrex-type drugs and you are wrapping up, I think you're talking negligible risk.

If there ever was a time to say it...

"Muh Dik"

But seriously, are you going to use a condom for a BJ every time...?

Yeah, Didn't think so

So there's a good chance you already have this.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (11-05-2017 08:03 AM)Balkib Wrote:  

I have been on dates with girls who confessed they had herpes and I didn't sleep with them. But oral herpes is much more common, and you rarely get confessions on that matter as most girls have it, unless she has an obvious symptom I wouldn't even ask. Oral herpes is part of the dating gaming territory, you will probably get it sooner or later.

BHT took care of it for me but obviously I would still avoid kissing a girl with a cold sore just because of the gross factor and not because I'm worried that I will get something.

Tom Leykis / Leykis 101:

Actual picture of OP and his wife.

[Image: 108794-106731.jpg?itok=b1Pp19I2]