rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to fix a mistyped phone number: get her actual number in minutes!

I think it happens to most guys occasionally: you get a girl's phone number, there's a mistake typing it, but you don't realize until later. Probably nothing you can do right? Not anymore.

For example, the other day I met a girl on the street and she agreed to give me her number. Neither of us had our phones, so I wrote it down on a piece of paper. Go to text her a little later and her whatsapp profile picture is a young boy. I ran a program on my computer and 5 minutes later I saw her correct number and profile picture in my contacts list.

Basically I've come up with a solution that gives you a high chance of finding the correct number by trying at most 77 possibilities.

**Backstory**

A while ago I met a girl in a bar in Mexico, got her number, tried to text her the next day but the number had no whatsapp account. Based on our interaction, I didn't expect a fake number, so I figured there was a good chance she made a mistake while typing the number into my phone. Let's face it, it's easy to make a typo on a touchscreen, even when not drunk, distracted, etc.

After a few days, I thought back to a discussion some of my friends had about this problem. Three of my friends had it happen to them. One guy told the story of how he met the girl on the street again several weeks later. They spoke again and eventually they realized the number in the guy's phone was one number off.

I started thinking about this and if there's a way to figure out what mistake was made.

I came to realize that the odds of making one mistake are fairly high, but the odds of making two or more mistakes are very low. Take dice as an example. The odds of rolling a six are 1/6. But the odds of rolling two sixes in a row are 1/36. Likewise say the odds of making a mistake while typing a phone number are 1/30. Then the odds of making two mistakes would be one in 1/30 * 1/30 = 1/900. So you can assume with reasonable accuracy that there will be only one mistake.

Furthermore in countries where whatsapp, viber, etc. are popular, it's 10 times easier to find her. Since only about one third of the numbers will have whatsapp accounts, the number of possibilities is divided by three. And you can see most people's profile pictures and eliminate many more possibilities. With a little luck, you might spot a picture of her right away and not have to message anyone else.

I made a program and tried it on that number from the girl in the bar. Sure enough, after running the program and going to my whatsapp contact list, I saw her profile picture. Unfortunately several weeks had past since we met, so she wasn't interested in meeting or anything when I messaged her.

**How to**

1. I created a web service so you don't have to download or install anything. Click here: http://tiny.cc/afterburner/fix-phone-number
2. Enter the phone number on the site and follow the instructions.
3. You'll be given a csv file with the possible correct numbers.
4. Import that into your contact manager.
5. Check your contacts list in whatsapp, viber, etc. to see if you can easily spot them by their profile picture.
6. Send messages using a messaging app or sms to each number until you find the girl, or have tried all numbers.

**Summary**

For 5 minutes to 1 hour of work you get around a 75% chance of getting her actual number.

**Notes**

- Yes, testing the number immediately would prevent this problem. I do recommend it, but you're not always in a position to test the number. And some girls might perceive it as needy.

- Yes, she might have purposely changed her number slightly because she's not interested, but it seems unlikely.

- If you suspect the number is mistyped, don't wait several days. Run this program immediately before her interest dissipates.

- Don't send messages to more than about 5 new people per hour. Otherwise your account might be flagged for a few hours or more. In whatsapp a countdown timer will appear and you can't send or receive any messages until it reaches 0. Can be very annoying. You can use multiple accounts or phone numbers to avoid this.

- If using sms, you can schedule the messages to make it easier.

- You can also paste each phone number into the search bar in facebook and see if a familiar name/face pops up. In my experience about 25 to 50% of people connect their phone number to their facebook account, so the odds of success are not great, but it might be worth a try.

[Image: tumblr_n2pgzhsn8P1ql56ddo1_500.gif]

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (10-01-2017 10:34 PM)Setzer Wrote:  

- Yes, she might have purposely changed her number slightly because she's not interested, but it seems unlikely.

[Image: suit_facepalm.jpg]

Irish

I guess it's cool that it works for you, but even if she was the hottest girl I ever saw I wouldn't go through all that trouble. Next!

Tom Leykis / Leykis 101:

-Never do what you don't want to do. You make the money, you decide where you are going and what you are doing.
-Don't ask a woman what she wants to do.
-Never get involved with a co-worker unless you don't mind losing your job over it.
-Never spend more than $40 on a date. If possible, let her pay for everything or 50/50.
-If she doesn't bang you by the third date, Dump That Bitch (DTB).
-No spooning, cuddling, hugging, or staying over. Get in, get out!
-Never be in a committed relationship UNTIL you are 25+ or really ready to settle down.
-Men age like fine wine, women age like milk.

Aww hell nawww

Maybe I'm crazy but I was going to say go ask her again.

Basically I've come up with a solution that gives you a high chance of finding the correct number by trying at most 77 possibilities.

Sorry man, I draw the line at 76 possibilities. I just don't have the time to try 77.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Quote:Quote:

Neither of us had our phones, so I wrote it down on a piece of paper.

Have her write her number down for you instead. Then:

"123-4567.. cool, I'll hit you up later."
(If you say it out loud, and it's wrong, this gives her a chance to correct it).

Lean into her, point to one number, "Is that a 3 or an 8 ?"
(3's can look like 8's or even 9's, 1's can look like 7's, a big swoop in a 6 can look like a 0, this gives her a chance to correct it).
* Bonus points if you can playfully neg her 'chicken scratch'.

In addition, rip that paper in half and write your number down for her.

The above is assuming she's not intentionally giving you a bogus number. If you get back to your phone and find that the number isn't her, next her. Don't bother putting any crazy effort to chase her down.

Then go and game other women for that next hour, instead of going online trying to find a number for a woman when you gave her at least one chance (outlined above) to correct it.

** Re-engage if she texts you. If it's with a simple "Hi", respond with "Hi, who's this ?". Let her prove herself to you, the prize.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Great innovation.

I think it happens to most guys occasionally: you get a girl's phone number, there's a mistake typing it, but you don't realize until later. Probably nothing you can do right? Not anymore.

For example, the other day I met a girl on the street and she agreed to give me her number. Neither of us had our phones, so I wrote it down on a piece of paper. Go to text her a little later and her whatsapp profile picture is a young boy. I ran a program on my computer and 5 minutes later I saw her correct number and profile picture in my contacts list.

**Backstory**

A while ago I met a girl in a bar in Mexico, got her number, tried to text her the next day but the number had no whatsapp account. Based on our interaction, I didn't expect a fake number, so I figured there was a good chance she made a mistake while typing the number into my phone. Let's face it, it's easy to make a typo on a touchscreen, even when not drunk, distracted, etc.

After a few days, I thought back to a discussion some of my friends had about this problem. Three of my friends had it happen to them. One guy told the story of how he met the girl on the street again several weeks later. They spoke again and eventually they realized the number in the guy's phone was one number off.

I started thinking about this and if there's a way to figure out what mistake was made.

I came to realize that the odds of making one mistake are fairly high, but the odds of making two or more mistakes are very low. Take dice as an example. The odds of rolling a six are 1/6. But the odds of rolling two sixes in a row are 1/36. Likewise say the odds of making a mistake while typing a phone number are 1/30. Then the odds of making two mistakes would be one in 1/30 * 1/30 = 1/900. So you can assume with reasonable accuracy that there will be only one mistake.

Furthermore in countries where whatsapp, viber, etc. are popular, it's 10 times easier to find her. Since only about one third of the numbers will have whatsapp accounts, the number of possibilities is divided by three. And you can see most people's profile pictures and eliminate many more possibilities. With a little luck, you might spot a picture of her right away and not have to message anyone else.

I made a program and tried it on that number from the girl in the bar. Sure enough, after running the program and going to my whatsapp contact list, I saw her profile picture. Unfortunately several weeks had past since we met, so she wasn't interested in meeting or anything when I messaged her.

**How to**

1. I created a web service so you don't have to download or install anything. Click here: http://tiny.cc/afterburner/fix-phone-number
2. Enter the phone number on the site and follow the instructions.
3. You'll be given a csv file with the possible correct numbers.
4. Import that into your contact manager.
5. Check your contacts list in whatsapp, viber, etc. to see if you can easily spot them by their profile picture.
6. Send messages using a messaging app or sms to each number until you find the girl, or have tried all numbers.

**Summary**

For 5 minutes to 1 hour of work you get around a 75% chance of getting her actual number.

**Notes**

- Yes, testing the number immediately would prevent this problem. I do recommend it, but you're not always in a position to test the number. And some girls might perceive it as needy.

- If you suspect the number is mistyped, don't wait several days. Run this program immediately before her interest dissipates.

- Don't send messages to more than about 5 new people per hour. Otherwise your account might be flagged for a few hours or more. In whatsapp a countdown timer will appear and you can't send or receive any messages until it reaches 0. Can be very annoying. You can use multiple accounts or phone numbers to avoid this.

- If using sms, you can schedule the messages to make it easier.

- You can also paste each phone number into the search bar in facebook and see if a familiar name/face pops up. In my experience about 25 to 50% of people connect their phone number to their facebook account, so the odds of success are not great, but it might be worth a try.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

Quote: (10-03-2017 10:16 AM)Sam Malone Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Have her write her number down for you instead. Then:

"123-4567.. cool, I'll hit you up later."
(If you say it out loud, and it's wrong, this gives her a chance to correct it).

Lean into her, point to one number, "Is that a 3 or an 8 ?"
(3's can look like 8's or even 9's, 1's can look like 7's, a big swoop in a 6 can look like a 0, this gives her a chance to correct it).
* Bonus points if you can playfully neg her 'chicken scratch'.

In addition, rip that paper in half and write your number down for her.

The above is assuming she's not intentionally giving you a bogus number. If you get back to your phone and find that the number isn't her, next her. Don't bother putting any crazy effort to chase her down.

Then go and game other women for that next hour, instead of going online trying to find a number for a woman when you gave her at least one chance (outlined above) to correct it.

** Re-engage if she texts you. If it's with a simple "Hi", respond with "Hi, who's this ?". Let her prove herself to you, the prize.

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. I always write my number on her panties.

It's a good way to ensure that she doesn't misplace it.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Why not just get her to give you a lost call?

If a chick has any interest in you at all, she won’t “accidentally” give you the wrong number.

Ever.

If this is happening to you so often that you need to DEVELOP FUCKING SOFTWARE to deal with it, you have much more fundamental problems with your game that you really should be focusing on instead.

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

Irish

[Image: W8hp4V8.gif]

On a tech level I like that but on a Game level wanting to get that number means a lot on how OP is.
Too bad but anyway my other point is that this site is fucking online pua guru promoting site so right now I'm not doubting about the real motives behind this thread...

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Can you develop an app that stops them flaking? Would appreciate.

Gotdamn bruuh, is it really ever THAT serious in 2017

the fact that you are at a place where you need an algorithm to keep girls from giving you fake numbers should tell you your weaknesses.
You suck--get your points up man...
She doesnt do this to black brad pitt

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

Based on our interaction, I didn't expect a fake number, so I figured there was a good chance she made a mistake while typing the number into my phone.

If the interaction is going as good as you think it is, tell her to hand you her phone and then call yourself. To unlock her phone and hand it to you is a commitment so if she does that you are golden.

Also, don't ask for numbers. If you have to ask, ask if she wants to meet up and if she does, get her number in order to facilitate that. The number is not the goal.

Sounds like you are crafty and have a lot of time on your hands. Channel that in a more productive way that can up your SMV and you will get less fake numbers.

Overanalyzing is a problem.

Man this place never ceases to amaze me.

Quote: (10-04-2017 04:27 AM)Irish Wrote:  

If a chick has any interest in you at all, she won’t “accidentally” give you the wrong number.

Ever.

If this is happening to you so often that you need to DEVELOP FUCKING SOFTWARE to deal with it, you have much more fundamental problems with your game that you really should be focusing on instead.

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

Irish, do you keep posting on your blog?

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

[Image: facepalm2.gif]

If she gives you the wrong phone number why would you want to call...

This easily solvable by taking a simple, effective, preventative action. ALWAYS make sure she gave you a correct number on the spot.

How to EXECUTE:

I take her number and message her (preferably via Whatsapp) my name right there.* It's completely natural. This guarantees a genuine number also. If it doesn't appear, she owes you an explanation and her giving you fake number is her embarrassment and price to pay of being wishy-washy instead of giving a hard no. No time wasters and no pondering "why she's taking so long to reply?"

So there you have it. Simple, yet effective solution.

* There's also a subtle yet important thing going on - by her already receiving a message from you, you sort of are already in the processes of messaging, it's as if there's immediate continuation - it amplifies commitment and consistency. This way you don't give her an opportunity upon her receiving your first message to decide whether she should reply or not - you just keep going. There's no more "it was nice meeting you" of some sort. You just continue a conversation as if you've been there all the time, just ping her about whatever you talked upon the approach. But be sure to create more signal than noise. Don't ask questions, use assertive, masculine vocabulary and push for a date ASAP.

I don't wait hour(s) to send her a message (or, God forbid, days!), I will keep it an ongoing-through-text conversation until the date. This way I'm continuously oh her mind. That doesn't mean messaging all day long, but pinging (preferably including pics/vids) from time to time, but each interaction is different. One girl is a texter and you can strengthen attraction and move things sexually even before a date, another girl is a non-texter and best thing to keep it to minimum. Use your judgement and act accordingly.

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

1. Get your phone out, tell her to give her number to you!
2. Sms her on the spot and say, i'll text you so you have my number (text just your name)
3. Tell her to check her phone to make sure she got your sms

I usually don't bother with 2 & 3. Whatapp usually pops up right away these days once you save her number into your phone.

If she likes you, she would double check the number she put into your phone (common sense). If not, she doesn't like you and you should "next."

Good posts about having her punch her number into your phone, but some guys are missing this part of OP’s post...

I’m with Irish. If she’s genuinely interested, she won’t write down the wrong number.

Confirming the number on the paper with her before leaving saves you the headache of wondering and obsessing if she purposely gave you the wrong number or not.

It’s not rocket science.

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Once, I had to quickly go to a nearby store. Since it will be a 5-minute process, I didn't bother to get my phone with me.

In the store, I saw a cute girl. I approached her. She was extremely receptive giggling with delight. I had to give her my phone number as I didn't have my phone with me.

After I came back home, I checked my number and I realized that I remembered my number with a 1 digit difference. If you find a solution to this I will probably have a new notch [Image: lol.gif]