rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Utah police officer put on administrative duty over nurse arrest

From Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/02/uta...tient.html

Quote:Quote:

Published September 02, 2017
FoxNews.com

Another cop was placed on administrative leave with pay in the handcuffing of a Utah hospital nurse who refused to take blood from an unconscious patient.

Salt Lake City’s mayor and police chief apologized Friday to Utah Hospital nurse, Alex Wubbels, who is seen in body cam video screaming “help me” after Detective Jeff Payne handcuffed and dragged her out of the hospital over her refusal to take the blood sample from the patient, a car-crash victim, on July 26.

In this July 26, 2017, frame grab from video taken from a police body camera and provided by attorney Karra Porter, nurse Alex Wubbels is arrested by a Salt Lake City police officer at University Hospital in Salt Lake City. The Utah police department is making changes after the officer dragged Wubbels out of the hospital in handcuffs when she refused to allow blood to be drawn from an unconscious patient.

Alex Wubbels was dragged out of the hospital in handcuffs after she refused to allow blood to be drawn from an unconscious patient.

The video has caused outrage since it was released Thursday.

Payne was placed on paid leave and prosecutors on Friday announced a a criminal investigation.

Police said Friday a second officer was also placed on paid leave. That officer has not been formally identified, but officials have said they also were reviewing the conduct of Payne's boss, a lieutenant who reportedly called for the arrest if Wubbels kept interfering.

Mayor Jackie Biskupski said Friday she was alarmed at what the video shows, according to The Salt Lake Tribune.

“What I saw is completely unacceptable to the values of my administration and of the values of the Salt Lake City Police Department,” the mayor said, according to the paper. “I extend a personal apology to Ms. Wubbels for what she has been through for simply doing her job.”

The video shows Wubbels, an Alpine skier who participated in the 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics, calmly explaining to Payne why she could not draw blood from the patient.

In this July 26, 2017, frame grab from video taken from a police body camera and provided by attorney Karra Porter, nurse Alex Wubbels is arrested by a Salt Lake City police officer at University Hospital in Salt Lake City. The Utah police department is making changes after the officer dragged Wubbels out of the hospital in handcuffs when she refused to allow blood to be drawn from an unconscious patient.

The Salt Lake City police chief and mayor apologized and changed department policies in line with the guidance Alex Wubbels was following the incident.

She tells him that blood can only be drawn if the patient is conscious and gives consent or is under arrest. Otherwise, she tells Payne she needs to see a warrant, citing a 2016 U.S. Supreme Court ruling.

Payne is then seen threatening to arrest Wubbels.

“I either go away with blood in vials or body in tow,” Payne is seen saying.

Wubbels is then heard explaining the situation to the supervisor. She tells Payne that her supervisor agrees with her and says to him, “Sir, you’re making a huge mistake because you’re threatening a nurse.”

With that, Payne is seen placing Wubbels under arrest and physically shoving her out the door as she screams.

The video shows Wubbels yelling, “Help! Stop! I did nothing wrong!” while being handcuffed.

What I saw on the video last night is completely unacceptable. @ChiefMikeBrown & I apologize for these actions. https://t.co/N62TtQlHdr
— Mayor J. Biskupski (@slcmayor) September 1, 2017

Payne was attempting to get a blood sample from William Gray, a reserve officer in Rigby, Idaho, who was burned after being involved in a head-on crash with a pickup truck driver who was fleeing police, the Washington Post reported. The driver died in the incident.

Payne wrote in a police report that he grabbed Wubbels and took her outside to avoid causing a "scene" in the emergency room. He said his boss told him to arrest Wubbels if she kept interfering.

The detective left Wubbels in a hot police car for 20 minutes before realizing that blood had already been drawn as part of treatment, her lawyer, Karra Porter, said. Wubbels was released without being arrested.

Payne initially remained on duty although he was suspended from blood-draw duties.

Please see @slcmayor and @ChiefMikeBrown additional statements regarding incident involving University of Utah Hospital #nurse. pic.twitter.com/SE6KOfrr4f
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) September 1, 2017

Christina Judd, a spokesperson for the Salt Lake City Police, said the department was alarmed by what they witnessed in the video.

Judd said the department was working to investigate what went wrong and is seeking to repair the “unfortunate rift” it had caused between officers and nurses.

“I can’t sit on this video and not attempt to speak out both to re-educate and inform,” Wubbels told The Salt Lake Tribune. Police departments “need to be having conversations about what is appropriate intervention.”

Her bosses have stood by her.

"University of Utah Health supports Nurse Wubbles and her decision to focus first and foremost on the care and well-being of her patient,” said Suzanne Winchester, the hospital's media relations manager. “She followed procedures and protocols in this matter and was acting in her patient’s best interest. We have worked with our law enforcement partners on this issue to ensure an appropriate process for moving forward.”

Seems like the cop may have gone a little overboard on this.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Cop should be fired.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

She'll sue and get a payout. The cop will get a note in his file, and will get a promotion as soon as the lawsuit and the settlement have blown over.

This is standard procedure in police departments, just like the way they handle people legally videotaping them, or people legally carrying a firearm. The cops order them to do things they can't lawfully order, and they rough up or arrest people who stand by their rights.

If they get caught, they have to fess up and pay, but they figure they normally won't get caught, and the unwritten (and possibly not directly spoken) policy is to do things this way.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

I'm glad this nurse stood up for her patient's rights. How many others would just sheepishly go along. I hope this serves as an inspiration to others to understand that police, while mostly very decent and good people, are not infallible and also caught in a horrible environment of too much distrust while wielding too much authority.

Why was he so keen to get the blood anyway?

Quote: (09-05-2017 03:45 PM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

I'm glad this nurse stood up for her patient's rights. How many others would just sheepishly go along. I hope this serves as an inspiration to others to understand that police, while mostly very decent and good people, are not infallible and also caught in a horrible environment of too much distrust while wielding too much authority.

Why was he so keen to get the blood anyway?
If they made a legal test and the reserveman was intoxicated, the reserveman is fucked.

If the reserveman is intoxicated and the policeman makes an illegal blood test, the evidence cannot be used in court. So they could have been protecting the guy

I hear its not uncommon in the states for prosecutors to "accidentally" fuck up investigations when the police are being investigated.

Cops have a lot of power. They have to in order to do their jobs.

But sometimes they forget that they don't have ultimate power.

They really hate being reminded that they don't.

That's why this happened.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Cop is unequivocally in the wrong. She calmly explained why the cops request was illegal and she got arrested.

Why did he want the damn blood so badly? Based on what the (WNB) nurse said it would've likely been inadmissible in court anyway.

This detective is going to get a paid vacation, aka administrative leave, while this thing blows over. I recall a few years ago, a Asian cop in NYC fired a shot in a dim stairwell that shot and killed a random Black guy the cop walked with 0 jail time after a successful appeal of a manslaughter verdict. Unfortunately it seems like there's almost a separate judicial system for LEO's when they egregiously fuck-up that almost always let's them go unscathed regardless of the amount of evidence.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

The detective was just fired from his part time paramedic gig which he wasn't working during this incident. It would be amazing if he doesn't get fired from his police gig after the amount of attention this is getting. I don't see any upside for the department keeping him around but hey, it's the good old boys club so who knows. Any other job if you fart in the wrong direction they will can you.

http://fox13now.com/2017/09/05/slc-detec...medic-job/

Quote: (09-05-2017 03:45 PM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

I'm glad this nurse stood up for her patient's rights.

The hospital has an agreement with the law enforcement in the area. They cannot draw blood without a warrant I believe. She was standing up for her employer and herself. The patient could have sued the hospital or her for assault if they drew blood.

Been in this situation. I'm not sure about Utah's administrative driving code but there are a good number of states that have implied consent laws when it comes to OVI/DUI charges. That means if you are in a situation where you're unconscious it is legal for police to take a blood sample if there is suspicion of impairment. Hospitals get their shyster lawyers involved and create policies that they are at odds with state law and you get situations like this. If the hospital took their own records the PD can subpoena them later(still you would rather have your own blood if the case goes to court for testimony issues). If the hospitals didn't draw any blood then your only option is to get the blood yourself. Out of context these situations look bad because people don't realize the pain it is to gather evidence for serious crash investigations.

One situation I had involved a drunk driver that took off the other driver's leg. The guy was unconscious but not seriously injured. We had to get a warrant even though it was legal to take his blood. Even with warrants some hospitals are hesitant because, again they have shyster policies. I've had friends come close to doing the same thing as seen in the video when fatal crashes are being handled.

If the detective didn't take the blood then everybody and their brother would be complaining that the department threw the investigation to protect another officer. I wouldn't want to tell a family that the drunk driver that killed or maimed their loved one is going to walk because we didn't get the evidence required. It's a no win situation played up by the media to keep to lefties anti-law and order.

"Boy ya'll want power, God I hope you never get it." -Senator Graham

The cop was just following orders, the question is why was he given bad orders?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (09-05-2017 10:45 PM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

If the detective didn't take the blood then everybody and their brother would be complaining that the department threw the investigation to protect another officer. I wouldn't want to tell a family that the drunk driver that killed or maimed their loved one is going to walk because we didn't get the evidence required. It's a no win situation played up by the media to keep to lefties anti-law and order.

Sorry, I don't think that the police being upset that people won't be happy with them is a justifiable reason to start axing basic human rights.

There may be plenty of police that do a great job and wouldn't not abuse any extra power that they are granted, but we can't give them that power because the corrupt police out there would be sure to unjustly abuse the power.

It's not like the police aren't paid to do their job. I could really care less if you find certain aspects of the job "inconvenient." If you don't like it, go work in a line of work that doesn't come with a badge, gun and a ton of power.

Limits on police power exist for a reason.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Keep in mind this is Utah. Those people are backwards. Notice there is no fouls language in the video. I don't think you challenge authority there because its a sin.

Ever see this one of salt lake city cops:

Aloha!

Does this belong in this thread?

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

1. She's reading from an agreement between the hospital and police department regarding obtaining blood from an unconscious patient. Cop and LT were clearly in the wrong.

Quote:Quote:

The video shows Wubbels, an Alpine skier who participated in the 1998 and 2002 Winter Olympics, calmly explaining to Payne why she could not draw blood from the patient.

Ms. Wubbles has really let herself go since her Olympics days.

3. She shouldn't be too upset, she just won the lottery.

Nothing will happen to the police officers. They got paid vacations out of this. Why would they complain?

Quote: (09-06-2017 12:23 AM)spokepoker Wrote:  

Does this belong in this thread?

WTF??!!?! The guy in this video is 100 percent piece of shit---rolls up on a guy with a gun drawn, threatening him and doesn't identify himself as a cop until 30 seconds later? Over a fucking traffic stop? How are you even supposed to know he's a cop and not some psycho trying to rob you? Do that in the wrong part of the country and he would be blown sky-high.

This psycho fucktard should be under the prison. These pigs are unreal.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (09-05-2017 10:45 PM)Number one bummer Wrote:  

Been in this situation. I'm not sure about Utah's administrative driving code but there are a good number of states that have implied consent laws when it comes to OVI/DUI charges. That means if you are in a situation where you're unconscious it is legal for police to take a blood sample if there is suspicion of impairment. Hospitals get their shyster lawyers involved and create policies that they are at odds with state law and you get situations like this. If the hospital took their own records the PD can subpoena them later(still you would rather have your own blood if the case goes to court for testimony issues). If the hospitals didn't draw any blood then your only option is to get the blood yourself. Out of context these situations look bad because people don't realize the pain it is to gather evidence for serious crash investigations.

One situation I had involved a drunk driver that took off the other driver's leg. The guy was unconscious but not seriously injured. We had to get a warrant even though it was legal to take his blood. Even with warrants some hospitals are hesitant because, again they have shyster policies. I've had friends come close to doing the same thing as seen in the video when fatal crashes are being handled.

I pity the gutless tribe of faggots that wants the killer of their loved one safe in jail.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

WB the nurse just to provide emotional support she deserves.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (09-06-2017 04:52 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

WB the nurse just to provide emotional support she deserves.

OK, but you'll have to be both conscious and give affirmative concept or she'll refuse to participate.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Typical confrontation mentality with this fucktard cop. He's approaching the situation as if he's dealing with an MS-13 gang member. You're talking to a frightened nurse who's just trying to figure out how to best handle the situation. How about you calibrate your approach a little?

After he arrests the woman and they bring over another nurse and she refuses, then he'll arrest her too? Follow this to the logical conclusion, and the police would have had to arrest the entire hospital. All the patrol cars in the city would have been lined up outside the hospital holding arrested hospital staff and administrators.

The officer's lieutenant ordered him to arrest her if she didn't cooperate, so the lieutenant should be the one in deeper trouble. I'd say at least to demote him and put him back out on the beat for awhile until he learned some better sense. I'd say for a year or two before allowing him to retake the promotion test.

Cops are a frequent fixture in hospital ERs. In doing this, these idiots lost most of the friends they had in the place. The staff may not defy the police, but they will do them no favors. In addition, hospital policy is dictated by highly paid lawyers (and likely a few accountants.) Police policy is dictated by the need to swing their dicks and is frequently contrary to the law.

The hospital stands behind their employee and their policy. Most hospitals are now part of large billion dollar groups. These groups are politically connected. There's a reason the mayor and police chief were so quick to condemn the actions of the cop, and insist the department policies were being changed. There were probably many phone calls and threats of pulling political donations and endorsements if swift action wasn't taken.

I noticed in the first video there were other police in the room who appeared to be from a different agency who looked uncomfortable with the situation, but didn't intervene. It turns out, from this interview at the 4:00 mark, that that was one of the reasons she released the video. Apparently, they were university police since it was a university hospital, and the victim was angry that they didn't intervene and since the incident haven't been cooperative. She may sue the university PD as well as the SLC PD, but I assume she wouldn't get any damages from the university PD just because they failed to intervene in the situation. It could be that the ER staff expected the university police to take their side and get the SLC PD to back down in the original situation.

Quote: (09-06-2017 01:03 PM)porscheguy Wrote:  

There were probably many phone calls and threats of pulling political donations and endorsements if swift action wasn't taken.

At a lower level, in my experience, ER nurses are generally in "the club". The secret society of people in uniform, first responders, and night-shift workers who don't get tickets.

Putting one in handcuffs and then bragging about how he's going to punish the hospital at his other job transporting patients sounds like a great way to make sure nobody from his precinct is ever welcome to take a dump in the hospital again.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!