rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US cities Best to live for cheap and game!

Ok what cities would you guys think are the best OVERALL QOL and options to game, also warmer weather not a fan of anywhere north of North carolina to be honest I HATE winter.. I am thinking Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Austin, Houston, Tampa, Miami/Ft Lauderdale all come to mind (maybe not tampa) as having a decent size population alot of activities to do and also lower cost of living... and the big thing is having a place (bachelor Pad) close to the nightlife or downtown area's of town. Also these cities will never compare to let's say NYC Chicago, or LA but they can offer cheaper life, warm weather, genrally friendly women, close to COLLEGES, also destinations that have single professional women traveling too for a night or two looking for a night out (happy hour presence I am thinking) with nightlife all throughout the week.. I do real estate so can live anywhere, and am looking for what would be a great city and or experiences on people who have traveled alot and been or lived in the following and actually can compare

Tampa apparently is growing in size, and has a lot of new businesses popping up.. I've never been though, this is according to a co-worker that lives there

I'd say Las Vegas is a good option.. it has UNLV, and Fremont street where the locals usually go. I've been living there for 6 years when I'm not overseas working or trying to get my flags. It's pretty cheap in comparison to other west coast cities. It is also growing in size, but I'm sure another GFC will shut it down.

Another good option is Pheonix. Tempe has ASU freaks, and also has an Uber office, as well as American Airlines' hub. Not sure about nightlife every night of the week though.

I agree that none of those cities will compare to NYC and Chicago, as you note, but I would honestly recommend all of those cities over the pussy purgatory that is Los Mangeles.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/los-angel...y-men.html

Houston is an option? [Image: troll.gif]

I live in Fort Lauderdale actually - Cost of living in South Florida isn't the cheapest but it's certainly way less expensive than NYC or the Soviet State of California. A nice bonus that helps with cost is that taxes are very low statewide, including no state income tax. You would of course enjoy this benefit in Tampa as well, which is a little cheaper, though it's decidedly less lively than South Florida.

If you like being near a campus, Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton is excellent for girls (super underrated if you ask me), as is Nova Southeastern in Fort Lauderdale. Have had personal success on both of these campuses. Of course there's also the University of Miami a little bit farther south, too.

As for nightlife, Las Olas in Ft. Lauderdale and Atlantic Ave in Delray Beach are both good. They are like more authentic, less plastic-y versions of South Beach in Miami.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Why would he be a troll for putting Houston on the list? It's probably the best value of any big city in the US. 4th biggest city in the US and can still get apts near all the action for $1000/month. That's impossible in Chicago, NYC, LA etc. Also, salaries are just as high here as they are in the other cities because of abundance of jobs in oil, healthcare, finance, law etc. You can make a ton of money in Houston and live for dirt cheap.

Also, I read that there are more single college educated women in the Houston area than anywhere else. I live in Houston and on any given night you will see dime pieces at any of the top bars. Houston is such a hodge podge of girls since so many people move here for school and work from overseas and domestically. You can go to a bar or club and see groups of hot Asians, Colombians, Venezuelans, Brazilians, Mexicans, White girls, Indians, black girls all sitting next to each Other. Whatever your taste in girls are, Houston has it.

Houston isn't the best place to be gaming right now because of the hurricane.

Maine and Canadian lobsters are the same animal. Prove me wrong.

Quote: (08-28-2017 07:48 PM)Oilrig Wrote:  

Why would he be a troll for putting Houston on the list? It's probably the best value of any big city in the US. 4th biggest city in the US and can still get apts near all the action for $1000/month. That's impossible in Chicago, NYC, LA etc. Also, salaries are just as high here as they are in the other cities because of abundance of jobs in oil, healthcare, finance, law etc. You can make a ton of money in Houston and live for dirt cheap.

Also, I read that there are more single college educated women in the Houston area than anywhere else. I live in Houston and on any given night you will see dime pieces at any of the top bars. Houston is such a hodge podge of girls since so many people move here for school and work from overseas and domestically. You can go to a bar or club and see groups of hot Asians, Colombians, Venezuelans, Brazilians, Mexicans, White girls, Indians, black girls all sitting next to each Other. Whatever your taste in girls are, Houston has it.

Correct regarding NYC and LA, not regarding Chicago. You can get a studio apartment in Lincoln Park for as low as $1,000/month. You can get a studio in Lakeview for as low as $850/month. Additionally, Chicago is extremely walkable and has excellent public transit, so you're saving roughly $5,000/year by taking the car out of the equation and just taking the monthly L Train pass for $100/month.

The "bang for your buck" in Chicago is unparalleled when it comes to North American cities.

Houston? Go in for some Crimean-style survival game.

I'll spare the board another rendition of my song of Phoenix advocacy. Provided you like the outdoors and blonds with big tits, you can't go wrong.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I agree with you - I like Houston and it offers good cost of living.
I was referencing the fact that most of the city is underwater at the moment.

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Born and raised in Houston, not currently living there. I disagree in terms of Houston being a good place to live if game/women are a large part of your life. It certainly isn't a bad place to live and there are many worse places, but for the most part it isn't a good choice.

I'm currently in Los Angeles and the women generally tend to be about as nice as Houston, in some cases nicer and in some cases they have a bad attitude. The big difference is that there are so many attractive women all over the place that if you have game life is just too easy. In Houston I had to get up and actually go somewhere looking for women to find them. For the most part, depending on where you live in LA, they are all over the place. I'm not saying every girl walking around is a 9, but the total number of 6+ and even 8+ is staggering. The only real advantage that Houston has, and this is highly individual whether one would care or not, is that in general the women have bigger asses or you can find more women with large ass in Houston than in LA. If you are into slimmer girls that still have nice round butts, LA is without a doubt the place to be just for sheer numbers.

As far as cost of living between the two goes, it is sort of a toss up in a sense. In Houston, for the most part, you basically have to have a car. Notice I said for the most part. So if you are getting an apartment to be in say Midtown for 1000 then factor in the cost of a car as well. In LA you actually don't necessarily need a car depending on your lifestyle. I didn't realize this until recently but they now have a relatively good train system that can generally get you to and from the major areas that you would want to be (Hollywood, Downtown, Santa Monica, etc.). The roundtrip cost is $3.50 and the monthly is $100 I believe. So let's say you live in Hollywood and work in Downtown. You can get a studio in Hollywood for around $1300-1500, although it certainly won't be as large or nice or new as one in Houston for that price. Then say you use the train to get to and from work for $100 a month, but you only really party around the Hollywood area. Factoring in the cost of a car in Houston you will basically be spending roughly the same amount on housing and transportation combined, but in general the jobs in California including LA pay at least slightly better than in Houston.

I honestly would never live in Houston again unless I was in a situation where I had a wife and like 4 kids and I needed a big house. Other than that as a single man, if you are into game, stick to the player cities (LA, LV, Chicago, NYC, Miami, etc).

Quote: (08-28-2017 08:12 PM)Il Bersagliere Wrote:  

Houston isn't the best place to be gaming right now because of the hurricane.
All the girls are wet anyway....

I'd go with Austin personally. Tampa/ St Pete is pretty up and coming and it's nice having a beach nearby. I'd consider Nashville as well.. winter's there aren't too bad and it's a college town with lots of tourists coming through each weekend on bachelorette parties or coming when their team is playing a local sports team.

I keep hearing really good things about Nashville for cost + game + overall fairly solid quality of life.

Austin is not cheap, and the salaries have not kept pace with the cost of living here.

None of those except Miami, which isn't cheap. You're better off doing Vegas. Its cheap there and you are only 4 hours to LA. Lots of SNL practice in Vegas.

Quote: (08-29-2017 04:19 PM)StackGsMan Wrote:  

Born and raised in Houston, not currently living there. I disagree in terms of Houston being a good place to live if game/women are a large part of your life. It certainly isn't a bad place to live and there are many worse places, but for the most part it isn't a good choice.

I'm currently in Los Angeles and the women generally tend to be about as nice as Houston, in some cases nicer and in some cases they have a bad attitude. The big difference is that there are so many attractive women all over the place that if you have game life is just too easy. In Houston I had to get up and actually go somewhere looking for women to find them. For the most part, depending on where you live in LA, they are all over the place. I'm not saying every girl walking around is a 9, but the total number of 6+ and even 8+ is staggering. The only real advantage that Houston has, and this is highly individual whether one would care or not, is that in general the women have bigger asses or you can find more women with large ass in Houston than in LA. If you are into slimmer girls that still have nice round butts, LA is without a doubt the place to be just for sheer numbers.

As far as cost of living between the two goes, it is sort of a toss up in a sense. In Houston, for the most part, you basically have to have a car. Notice I said for the most part. So if you are getting an apartment to be in say Midtown for 1000 then factor in the cost of a car as well. In LA you actually don't necessarily need a car depending on your lifestyle. I didn't realize this until recently but they now have a relatively good train system that can generally get you to and from the major areas that you would want to be (Hollywood, Downtown, Santa Monica, etc.). The roundtrip cost is $3.50 and the monthly is $100 I believe. So let's say you live in Hollywood and work in Downtown. You can get a studio in Hollywood for around $1300-1500, although it certainly won't be as large or nice or new as one in Houston for that price. Then say you use the train to get to and from work for $100 a month, but you only really party around the Hollywood area. Factoring in the cost of a car in Houston you will basically be spending roughly the same amount on housing and transportation combined, but in general the jobs in California including LA pay at least slightly better than in Houston.

I honestly would never live in Houston again unless I was in a situation where I had a wife and like 4 kids and I needed a big house. Other than that as a single man, if you are into game, stick to the player cities (LA, LV, Chicago, NYC, Miami, etc).

What you failed to mention is that unlike many of the hot girls in NY and Chicago, very rarely will they ride the train in LA. If they do, maybe ONLY during commute times and the occasional student but from experience, like one cute chick for every few hours and one hottie in a day vs say 10 cute chicks and 1 hottie every few hours in NY. Additionally, more ghetto-ness on LA subways and forget workin it at night. I almost got stabbed around 8PM the Universal City station near Universal Studios.

The only exception to your argument that I'll agree with is Santa Monica but unless you live on that line on the West Side, you'll have to pass on the border of South LA closer to USC where it'll get more "hood".

Lastly, thanks for your comparison analysis of Houston vs LA as I now know that Houston is also a no-go and to just focus on Las Vegas, Chicago and NY for city vibes with hot chicks

Las Vegas is sort an extension of LA with a few slight differences (better prices, parking, 24 hour EVERYTHING), I find this to be a good thing, others may not.

Austin has a lot of California implants and its becoming to hipster liberal paradise

Although UofT is there and makes Sixth Street interesting

Def going to need a car in Austin for work

Surprised Tampa is getting this much love. I know people who live in all the other cities, and I get mixed reviews w/ exception to Houston pre-hurricane.

Austin.

Nice climate, booming economy, a diverse population, and there's always something going on.

Costs have been rising, but they're still not stratospheric, if you run your own business or if you're in a solid field or willing to do what it takes to get into one, you'll do well here.

Going to Austin next month to scout office space.. I'm excited to be moving to Texas, have been to Austin before. I'd really like to do without a car, likely wont be possible as the business parks are not in downtown.. Hopefully I can find something reasonable near Austin and not all the way up in round rock/pflugerville..

For those in Austin....
What are some better areas to live? I don't necessarily need to be walking distance to downtown, but like 5-10 mins on a bike or so would be nice. 2 bed loft is ideal.

Quote: (01-12-2018 10:05 PM)Stakes Is High Wrote:  

Going to Austin next month to scout office space.. I'm excited to be moving to Texas, have been to Austin before. I'd really like to do without a car, likely wont be possible as the business parks are not in downtown.. Hopefully I can find something reasonable near Austin and not all the way up in round rock/pflugerville..

For those in Austin....
What are some better areas to live? I don't necessarily need to be walking distance to downtown, but like 5-10 mins on a bike or so would be nice. 2 bed loft is ideal.

If you're single, West Campus.

You can walk almost everywhere, to the bar, the grocery store, the bank, restaurants, it's sublime. It's literally raining pussy down there. When I lived there it was like I had a sign on me that said, "ask me for my phone number then text me at 3 a.m. whenever you get the itch..."

Thousands of young men and women seemingly exerting every waking moment focused on the non-stop pursuit of alcohol and sex.

No complaints.

Downtown is cool too, but totally different vibe and much more expensive. The East Side works also, but not as walkable and an older crowd (mid-20's and early 30's, while I prefer 18 to 21).

If you're into the casual thing and are or can still pass for being in your 20's, West Campus is a gold mine. If you're looking for something more serious with a wife-material, traditional girl, you can get lucky, but for many guys the best bet is still to move abroad.

It just depends on what you're bringing to the table and what you're looking for.

Tampa has been pretty good so far, nightlife decent around south howard. Y bor havent been much and I still haven't checked out st pete side either though I hear first fridays are good! The one thing living In Miami which was always a plus is day game on Miami beach is soo Nice! I am yet to find a decent beach hear Clearwater is dead for women (mostly families) , I have yet to check out St pete beach..I do believe the LOGISTICS In tampa are decent too the downfall of Miami is you would have to live on south beach to be close to everything walking distance (but that can get old and frustrating after a while) traffic, constant tourists, (not really home-like) and clubs in south beach are really expensive. But the access to tourists and the hostels do party buses to major clubs for cheap which is second to none

Charlotte is off the hook! No lie. Huge banking industry. Professional sports teams. Hot southern girls. Low crime rate... Lots of lakes.

I agree, I Visited Charlotte and many many friendly women and the epicenter spot was a great place to game.. the hot southern women aren't stuck up and less B*tch Shields. Seems like another treasure town sorta like Tampa, Orlando. the second tier southern cities are mint!