rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bodybuilder Rich Piana dead at 46

Unfortunately Rich piana has died, say what you want about the man but he was entertaining and honest.

That's too bad. But, when you have done steroids like crazy for years, your heart is bound to explode.

He did have some very entertaining videos. RIP.

Reporter: What keeps you awake at night?
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

OKC Data Sheet

Quote:Quote:

Rich Piana, the well known body builder and former Mr California, has died two weeks after being placed in a medically induced coma. He was 46.
Piana's estranged wife Sara Piana confirmed his passing in a Facebook post on Friday morning, after a week of conflicting rumors about his health status.
'You truly touched many people's heart and helped so many!!! It inspired me in many ways to see the huge impact you had on people all over the world,' Sara Piana wrote in a Facebook post announcing her estranged husband's death.
Rich Piana, who has admitted using steroids in the past, collapsed in his home on August 10 and was placed in a coma

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ed-46.html

Bad week for Bodybuilders because Dallas McCarver just died too at 26, choked on some food
http://nypost.com/2017/08/22/26-year-old...g-on-food/

He was an influential figure of the death cult that is the modern day (professional) bodybuilding, so his early death is not that shocking. I hope he finds his peace.

Nasser, Mike Matarazzo, Greg Kovacs, Mike and Ray Mentzer, the list goes on of dudes dying for the gainz.

Met Rich Piana in Los Angeles a few years back, at the Gold's Gym on Laurel Canyon. He was taking a break in between clients, just shooting the shit with some other jacked guys.

I went up and asked him to spot me on squats, he excused himself from his swole friends and spotted me.

Rich: "That's pretty good form. Do you always go barefoot?"
Me: "Yeah, I prefer it, it feels more natural."
Rich: "Good job brother, keep it up."

Really nice guy in real life, there's definitely an intimidation factor there because you don't realize how huge this guy is until you're standing next to him. His arms are literally the size of 2 thighs of an average man, I'm not surprised he died relatively young just because of the amount of exotic drugs he had to use to get that freakishly large.

RIP, Rich.

He was obviously not well. If you look at his videos from a few years ago compared with his recent ones, his physical decline was pretty shocking. Over the past five years he looked to have aged fifteen. There was no way he was going to make fifty with the sheer amount of chemicals he was pumping into himself. It's unfortunate because he came across as a genuine and good-natured guy. You sort of get the feeling if you watch a few of his videos that he felt like a hostage in his own body, knowing that he was doomed by the choices he'd made but too far down that road to turn back. So I really think that deep down he knew this was coming, probably sooner rather than later. RIP to him.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

He kicked that gold digging Icelandic chick to the curb awhile ago.

So not sure why she is commenting on his death.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

In one video he talked about the reason why he want on this path of life. That he kind of feel insecure, at least in the past. Thats the reason with many people that get kind of addiction to steroids but also other drugs. Inside them something is out of balance.
Even more, people hardly take a turn around when they went to a wrong direction. Humans are great to justify all kind of stupid nonsense, give it "value" and "meaning" because they already put a lot into certain things. Its harder to admit that you go out with a lose and did maybe wrong. Instead they talk themselves up into all kind of stuff. Rick did the same with his larger then life image he did create. Instead to say stop, I'm in some kind of extreme that will kill me soon, no I keep pushing my faith.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Sara Piana is a sloot, who somehow made his death about her.

I frequently watched his videos, I was waiting for him to come out of the coma and make a video about his lost gains and go on a crazy cycle.

He seemed like a good guy, poor Rich.

46 is young for roids to be the sole cause, I'm guessing it was the "white powder" found in his home that did it.

Quote: (08-25-2017 10:05 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

He was obviously not well. If you look at his videos from a few years ago compared with his recent ones, his physical decline was pretty shocking.

Maybe recreational drug use became a full addition?

"Don't be sad brahs, he finally left humanity behind"

I enjoyed watching his videos during post workout meals, and was amazed at the physique he had achieved. The guy seemed really genuine in an industry that is known for its lies and deception.

RIP Goddammit! he'll be missed.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (08-25-2017 11:43 AM)Captainstabbin Wrote:  

46 is young for roids to be the sole cause, I'm guessing it was the "white powder" found in his home that did it.

Quote: (08-25-2017 10:05 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

He was obviously not well. If you look at his videos from a few years ago compared with his recent ones, his physical decline was pretty shocking.

Maybe recreational drug use became a full addition?

You'd be surprised. Doug Furnas, who was a really great PLer in the 80s (and a professional wrestler), died at 52, with clear signs of steroid abuse in his autopsy.

Call me nuts, but I don't think shortening your lifespan 20 years is worth the extra three inches on your arms.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

Quote: (08-25-2017 12:26 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Call me nuts, but I don't think shortening your lifespan 20 years is worth the extra three inches on your arms.

Imagine how many guys would take something that shorten their lifespan 20 years for three inches more on their dick...

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Quote: (08-25-2017 09:25 AM)FilipSRB Wrote:  

He was an influential figure of the death cult that is the modern day (professional) bodybuilding, so his early death is not that shocking. I hope he finds his peace.

Agreed.

I do not get modern bodybuilding culture at all and I think overall it hurts a lot more than it does good. Not lifting of course, but the extremely unrealistic and naturally unattainable physiques it promotes. And they all lie about their juicing, which in turn makes amateur juicers lie about it too, creating ludicrous situations (mostly in America) where hordes of men make themselves temporarily or permanently sterile (by injecting testosterone) to appeal to overweight women.

It is the male equivalent of this Roosh article http://www.rooshv.com/the-sterile-behavi...y-at-night

Didn't he die more from a head injury than anything else? From what I understand he kind of passed out, then hit his on floor/countertop

While he seemed to be a cool guy, it was not a lifestyle that should be promoted.

It wasn't only anabolics that did it for him - there were certainly other drugs involved and a little problem that many pro-athletes miss - the utter and complete lack of nutrients. Those guys should be taking Olympic levels of high potency orthomolecular doses, but the crap they were eating was barely enough for an amateur - let alone a pro like him. The added stress of steroids and hormones and drugs is another combination.

I think it was Arnold who said that compared to what those current top guys like Rich Piana take, that he was in amateur land back then.

But I personally don't consider anything he did as extremely terrible - alcohol is cutting short a lot of people and I would not have it banned. I just find it a shame that he probably might have lived much longer if he had had an orthomolecular doctor as his main physician. Still - in my opinion he did not hurt anyone even if he made his real dough distributing products for bodybuilders and celebrities. It should be all legal anyway.

He lived a short, but eventful life - cannot say that he wasted it too much. Probably lived through more in 46 years than most people will go through in 200 years.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

His current girlfriend is quite cute. WB

https://www.instagram.com/c_no5/?hl=en

Quote: (08-25-2017 03:40 PM)djk100 Wrote:  

His current girlfriend is quite cute. WB

https://www.instagram.com/c_no5/?hl=en

her chest is almost as big as his. Like does attract like.

"Their emotional waves will swamp you if you're just quietly-floating, so you need to learn to surf." - AnonymousBosch

||Learn How to Sing Datasheet||

Sad to see him go, he was one of the few guys I subscribed too on YouTube.

Loved his candid honest humble approach.

Unfortunately, many years of heavy steroid and GH usage took his toll on his heart.

No matter how he died, 46 is far too young an age to die.

I am older than the dude.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I love it how people try and say it was something other than steroids that killed him and steroids don't kill.

And they are right right steroids don't kill and u will never see it onan autopsy report but they cause so much stress on organs that lead to health issues that can eventually result in death...e.g heart, liver etc

Moderation is key gentleman.

Was never going to live a long life abusing gear like that and he probably knew it. None the less a sad day...seemed like a real down to earth guy.

Quote: (08-25-2017 07:33 PM)Razors Edge Wrote:  

I love it how people try and say it was something other than steroids that killed him and steroids don't kill.

So does getting blackout drunk; snorting coke in a bathroom stall; texting and driving; gay sex with anonymous strangers; smoking pot based upon your genetic factors; pissing off the wrong hyped-up parents at their children's stupid sports game; getting a sex change then regretting it; or welcoming Muslim Refugees into your country.

People tend to selectively-ignore being scolded for their personally-favoured vice.

Man, Piana was my age. That's a sobering thought. Well, except I'm not drunk, and am already well-aware of death.

RIP. Always seemed like the real deal but lived hard. His bigger by the day series is classic Rich Piana. Was truly sad to hear the news.