rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Information on overstaying in Ukraine

Does anyone know the current penalties for overstaying and also if one could perpetually overstay as long as they keep paying the fine? Looking for clear information on the matter

In my case I overstayed two weeks , went to an office with my girl some days before departure to pay a fine and after lot of talk and calls they told only on airport I could sort it out. When arrived at airport and since I was late and there was a big line for the exit stamp I decided to approach a guy telling I wanted to pay the fine and was in a hurry. They send me to a cabin where I explained the situation and the guy asked "how much they told you to pay at the counter " , I said nothing I didn't went to counter "you have to go to counter to get the amount to pay here ", went to the counter he stamped said have a nice flight and that was it. Think it's a little bit situation and might depend on the passport...

They have gotten tougher recently:
[Image: latest?cb=20151208140724]

Quote: (08-23-2017 01:11 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Trolling or you know something useful? I've been getting a lot of different answers

Guy I met recently in Warsaw had been living in Odessa for a while, he stayed for about 5 months in total. Was going to Romania, got nabbed at the border was there for a few hours and eventually he was banned from returning to Ukraine for one year

Someone left a comment on my niche Ukraine site (this post: https://ukraineliving.com/overstayed-in-ukraine/) saying that he'd heard it had been raised to 5,000 UAH and that they were starting to get a little bit more serious about it.

I responded and asked if he had any evidence but he never did.

If enough people are starting to give murky answers on this...well, I suppose I'd tread with caution.

Quote: (08-23-2017 02:47 PM)Nowak Wrote:  

Quote: (08-23-2017 01:11 PM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Trolling or you know something useful? I've been getting a lot of different answers

Bad humor is not trolling.

As to the issue - it depends on each officer - case by case basis. As others have noted - you can get blacklisted for a given time, you may get waved off with nothing or you will have to pay a fine or bribe depending on officer. I would not take this issue lightly, but go to proper authorities beforehand. Usually it can be solved with extra mony, but if you don't want any trouble, then you should take care.

The US has a similar policy regarding overstay of VISAs - I know some French citizens with no green cards who stayed for years a time in the US and even worked (illegally). Then suddenly recent time she went back and forth they are discussing about banning her for a year. The laws were always in theory forbidding what she had done, but they were simply not implementing it.

Many countries have such laws by the way - some laws for example are even deliberately written in an ambivalent way (for example making brothels legal and illegal at the same time in some EU countries - essentially the cops can choose on case by case basis whether they deem an establishment illegal or legal).

Either way - I am hearing from guys that they rather not ignore this issue, but extend their visa if they intend to stay longer - for those that need to stay longer than 90 days out of 180.

Quote: (08-23-2017 11:43 PM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

Someone left a comment on my niche Ukraine site (this post: https://ukraineliving.com/overstayed-in-ukraine/) saying that he'd heard it had been raised to 5,000 UAH and that they were starting to get a little bit more serious about it.

I responded and asked if he had any evidence but he never did.

If enough people are starting to give murky answers on this...well, I suppose I'd tread with caution.

Any recommendations for getting a temporary visa? Maybe a language course in Russian would do the trick for a student visa