rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can you steer clear from politics?

Before I begin my first post, I will start with these 3 quotes below that are profound in my opinion.

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia" - George Orwell

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary." - H. L. Mencken

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you." - Pericles

In light of today's events and the increasing polarization wave that is showing no signs of slowing down, I understand why many want to keep politics out of the discussion, yet it seems kind of hard to do that. Maybe Aristotle was right when he said, "Man is by nature a political animal".

There is another saying that says "if you don't do politics, politics will do you". Many may interpret that quote to be heavily involved in politics or faced being screwed by politicians. However, I think that means to know what's going on in politics, but Not to be Consumed by politics. Some may feel that many have become consumed by politics based on other posts here, yet I look at the microcosm (this forum) as the sign of the macrocosm (the rest of the world). Below I discuss my responses to two recent events and my reasons for them.

With the terrorist attack in Barcelona, it's the same shock & surprised over how often this attacks are happening. It's the same outrage over the "multicultural madness" that believes Islamic/3rd World invaders bring cultural enrichment. Then all of this is expressed in social media with hashtags which I expect to be followed by politicians expressing grief while saying their favorite hashtag, #NotAllMuslims - then wash, rinse, & repeat. I saw footage of 3rd world invaders storming a Spanish beach from the water and the Spanish at that beach were just chilling. I've even seen footage where Spanish border control can't even stop migrant invaders from storming in their borders. The bottom line with me is that if the Spanish doesn't care about stopping the invasion of their country, then I don't care. It's tragic about the dead & the suffering, but Spain is not doing what needs to be done what the armies of Isabel I of Castille and Ferdinand V of Aragon did in 1492 - which is to kick the foreign invaders out!

What occurred in Charlottesville, VA was a Communist vs Nazi hot mess. Like Berkeley, The Charlottesville city government decided to have the police stand down. The AltRight, along with their fearless leader, Richard Spencer, still has not learned the importance of having a security detail and then, they go whining to the world on how the police didn't protect them - again. With Nazi salutes and the singing of Nazi song Blood & Soil, the Dailystormer.com contingent of the AtlRight showed out. And there was Antifa being Antifa in their violent quest of chaos to "bash the fash." As Donald Trump said, both sides are at fault. And that rally showed which Right that the AtlRight wants to "unite" with and that is the Dailystormer.com contingent of the AtlRight.

The Dailystormer.com contingent are these White Supremacist losers who blame the Jews for all their problems like Black Supremacists blame Whites for their problems. These are the same guys who can't get a cisgender White woman (hence their Asian women and trap fascination, but White genocide). And these are the same guys who think they're so "fashy Nazi" but would be considered degenerates by the 3rd Reich. If they didn't hate brown folks, Roosh could help them out, but hey, I say let them think they will win over White women with their "White sharia" mindset. Now, I'm saddened by that woman dying from that car accident, that Baked Alaska could lose his eyesight in some sort of acid or bear spray attack and that those 2 police officers died in that helicopter crash. However, I'm neither surprised nor outrage at the violence that occurred in Charlottesville, VA.

And that is how I respond to politics. I try to get all the facts in order to not be persuaded or incited by the narratives of the mainstream media and then, I come to my own conclusions as rationally as possible. So, can you really steer clear of politics? No, but you can steer of the polarized stampedes created by those principalities with their own political agendas.

Quote: (08-17-2017 10:31 PM)ratoj9 Wrote:  

These are the same guys who can't get a cisgender White woman (hence their Asian women and trap fascination, but White genocide).

[Image: laugh5.gif]

That's the best laugh I've had in awhile. Thanks, mate.

As far as the substance of your post, it seems like you were more spitballing than anything else. The best advice I can give is: count your blessings, be grateful and stay the hell away from media as much as you can. Power is farther away from individuals than it has been for some time in the West, hence all the activity online. No one can ever avoid politics, but we do have control over how much we let it dominate our time. And try to avoid traps, lol.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

I don't think you can truly steer completely clear from politics. Just like your quote from Pericles, with the rise of identity politics, people are increasingly ascribing political views to one another based on skin color, manner of dress, and opinions on various topics if one is honest when asked. I do my best to stay abreast of what's going on enough to know what people are likely to assume I believe, to stay out of situations that may encourage people for me to think one way or another (regardless if I do or not), and to know what's going on so that I am not caught flat footed or otherwise with my pants down. While I despise normal news and consider almost all mainstream news to be fake news, I still pipe in every now and then so that I have a pulse on what normies think. Even on here, I rarely post in political threads or race threads. I most just watch, just taking notes. I don't identify with any particular group or subset of ideas because I haven't quite made up my mind on nearly anything except women. That also means I can safely change my opinions over time without being called out for being inconsistent or incongruent, like I would if I pigeonholed myself by declaring affinity or allegiance to any particular theory. When it comes to large polarizing events I just like to take a step back and take a deep breath. There's always the armchair quarterback who either offers his version of a hot take or a little bit of hysterics and then usually cooler heads provide cooler analysis a few days after the fact. In today's day in age, a mixture of 1984 and Brave New World, there's so much noise in proportion to signal that you really have to wait for the true facts to come out.

As for my thoughts on two events; for Barcelona I don't know enough to react to it other than to have my eyes gloss over because I'm so desensitized to terrorist attacks at this point that it doesn't register as anything new. I'm pretty much a boiled frog and I hate it. Alas, c'est la vie. As for Charlottesville, that's a hot mess indeed and I'm still parsing through a lot of information about it to figure out a final opinion.

In closing, I'd say that I don't have an interest in politics mostly because I don't think I can make much of a difference as much man to change things for the better and I dislike them in general. Regardless, I feel compelled to pay attention lest I get caught up in something I don't understand and suffer potentially easily preventable consequences. Since I'm gainfully employed by Uncle Sam, I pay particular attention to political correctness and other such HR policies so that I don't accidently set off the latest minefield.

G

"Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you"

- Pericles

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

ratojs9, I also find it helpful to read history and political books (even if the authors are of an ideology you don't agree with) and to avoid news networks and they are pretty much 50% propaganda and 50% actual facts. Occupy Democrats and Stormfront are places you should not be getting your political facts from and even the Daily Show too.

Me, I just tune it out. Recently, a red pilled friend who was drunk last night is no longer a Trump supporter because he supposedly condoned Nazis. The die-hard Bernie fans congratulated him and then talked about their raging hard-on for the death of the Republican Party like what they always talk about despite having lived in Democratic-dominated areas their whole lives and have never seen the other side of things.

It's easy to stay out of politics: don't watch news, read the paper, or partake in social media. That doesn't mean you won't wind up in a political conversation here and there with people, but if you have zero basis or interest you can plead ignorance/change the topic.

The only reason I know anything about what is going on in the political world is because I visit this forum. If it weren't for that then I wouldn't know shit about anything unless it actually had an effect on my daily life.

This may make me an ill-informed ignoramus when it comes to current domestic and world issues but I feel it helps me have a much more simple, happy, and stress free life.