rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Stuck in group therapy, how to deal with it?

For reasons I won't specify, I was given a couple options on several health issues and chose to do a PHP over inpatient. Not a complete nut here, just dealing with a very bs system. I had to make a decision otherwise something bad would have happened with my case's handling. It's still dealing with military shit. Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, but I'm being diagnosed with an adjustment disorder among other things.

As the occasional red-piller and mostly part-time purple-piller I'm not sure if I should just coast and stall about bullshit, make up random stuff, or go into how I truly feel, about how much I hate what this world has become (at least for humans) and my views on women and race and politics and all that stuff.

Is conventional psychology safe (no pun intended) to talk about this stuff or will they diagnose me with something bad because I disagree with the current year and stuff? I'm wondering just how far the tentacles of the elites degeneracy has reached in the medical field and if I even logically explain whats going on if they'll look at me like I'm crazy. Thankfully, there are more men there than women so I may not be killed or castrated on the spot for revealing my affiliation to patriarchy and masculinity. I need to hear advice from people who don't have any mental problems lol. Any tips?

I think you can stay true to your values, say what you want to say and get through this without being locked up/shot/castrated.

The key if how you express your thoughts.... Keep it carefully worded and respectful.

So instead of saying "all women are cum-guzzling whores" you would say "I am a old fashioned guy that values virtue, faithfulness and chastity in women"

You have to be careful, guarded and consider everything you say carefully, but I think this is a way through this while maintaining your values, honesty and dignity.

Thanks Rat, not really sure how the psychologist would react but they seem open minded, its the assortment of paint schemes and backgrounds that are in the room if you know what I mean.

Is it better to pose a question to a psychologist or MD than make a statement? I heard this was a good way of disarming them and forcing them to retort an answer that wouldn't just be them asserting their position as a doctor.

example:

"Hey doc, I know I've been having issues with my heart, but I don't want to use beta-blockers, I heard that they can cause diabetes."
vs
"Doc, I heard that beta-blockers can cause an increase in the chance of developing diabetes, does that sound safe to you to use with my heart condition? What do you think?"
The doc said no and didn't believe it was the case here.

(PS that story was real, and about a month later after the relative of mine who asked her doc this, the facts came out that beta-blockers can contribute to diabetes)

In my situation its pretty shitty, my diagnoses have changed multiple times without the provider even telling me (military psyche go figure). Now I've been transferred to care at a regular (what they call civilian) outpatient clinic and I'm trying to just get them to see the picture that my case is not being handled well nor am I at a good functioning capacity because of X,Y,Z.

I feel like I'm playing semantics, but I'm not trying to outsmart the psyches, just use a little NLP to get things tipping my way you know what I mean?

From this and your previous threads, the thing you need to be most cautious about is expressing anything that could be interpreted as "control behavior" or paranoia.

I'm not making a judgment here, so please don't misunderstand. I get that you have your values and your concerns about the world. However, it's easy for the sense that something is being "done to you" and that something needs to be done about it to come across as angry and threatening or even delusional, which will only make your situation worse.

There's a huge difference between saying "I think tattoos are gross" (OK), "people who get tattoos are bad" (less OK), "we have to forcibly stop people from getting tattoos" (even less OK), and "there's an international conspiracy to make people get tattoos" (uh oh).

In general, the expectation is that a healthy and well-adjusted person has strong boundaries that and a sense of responsibility for their own life outcomes.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Mainstream psychology is about making sure people can fit into system and make functional drones. If you can get up at 7am get to work at 8am, do no hurt any feelings at work and stay there till 17pm while observing all laws and (once more) not hurting anyone's feelings you are considered healthy. If you don't like this schedule and this system or if you tend to get into conflicts and hurt some feelings you are considered to have a problem.

Mainstream psychology does not cares about you. It cares about you not causing any problems or discomfort to society. If possible it tries to exploit you to maximum benefit to society.

Mainstream psychology is not about success, empowerment, independence, free thought, philosophy, personal liberty, personal responsibility, wisdom, lessons from history, common sense, politically incorrect truths, seduction, laws of power or masculinity.

If you want to study psychology that is all about self and puts needs or society secondary then prepare that it will never be mainstream, it will always be somewhat underground/occult/hidden/covert/taboo.

I've been in several group therapy sessions at a clubhouse program for mental illness people. Its brutal. Depending on where you are living it can be near impossible to express your views in a manner that won't get you shamed or worse. Its all about 'feels'. A bunch of inspiration quote picture attitudes and an emphasis placed on being compliant with medications and compliant with doctors and never complaining... and if you complain there's some kind of canned response that does not solve anything. You have to be very, very careful HOW you say things. You have to have a filter and express yourself in the least confrontational manner possible.

Drink plenty of water and I suggest if you need to chill out.. get some chamomile tea. Don't add any sugar to it as it negates the purpose. I grow some of my own. They are flowers like mini daisies. Dry them out, and then use an infuser to make the tea with hot water.... or you can buy the tea bags.

Medication hangover if you're put on them is brutal as well. Exercise and anything healthy that flushes your system of toxins is a good idea to have.

Remember. There are many people out there with shell shock and such. You are not alone. People are annoying but you can deal with them in a constructive manner.

Group therapy is not always a bad thing but if you're in a group with women the boredom, distraction and frustration can be intense. I view it as a waste of time if you're any kind of intellectual or red pilled person. You might have to find dudes with similar experiences and perspectives and converse with them in private, build trust, camaraderie, and also take time to be introspective and thoughtful. In my personal experience I haven't been to the clubhouse once in more than a month. Its the same old people, with the same old conversations with no substance and the same old patronizing kind of attitude. Bores the hell out of me.

I hope it goes ok for you. I have no idea what it is like in the military. I was a cadet for 4 years but never seen combat. So I am just throwing out some info as I'm a 10 year veteran of the mental health system with multiple diagnosis.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Fiat Jiustitia, et pereat mundus
They can be white, black, nice, fat, just need a crevasse to put my pipe at."- Tech n9ne

"Just because there's a bun in the oven doesn't mean you can't use the stove" - Dain_bramage.

I had to take mandated alcohol education and alcohol therapy classes for 26 weeks. I went in with a chip on my shoulder thinking it was complete bullshit.

Most of the meetings seemed light weight. They had a curriculum and various workbooks and stuff we were supposed to work through, but really, the councellor would just have everybody (10-12 people) talk about their week, then take a break, then do a simple exercise of some kind, then leave a few minutes early. It was the same people most times, with gradual turn over.

Some people were severely messed up, some not so bad.

I was glad when it was over, but in hindsight, it really did make a difference. Knowing the other members of the group, and hearing how their lives were playing out, and seeing the impact drinking had in their lives made me more aware of the patterns in my life.

I've been more careful about drinking since then, and about the ways drinking can affect my life. They do present some coping techniques, and have you talk about values and goals and such, but mostly they just make you see your situation with a little more of an outsiders perspective. You could say the goal is to strip away your hamstering about yourself. Also, you could say the goal is to make you realize the current pattern is not the only option.

It sounds like the OPs situation is not about drinking, but I think the principles of group therapy will be similar. Expect a low key setting, mostly designed to make you hear other peoples stories, see the underlying patterns in their lives, and recognize the same patterns in your own life, so you become motivated to make some changes.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Group is about community. You learn and grow by listening and understanding other's problems. It is a valuable resource if you keep an open mind and learn to appreciate the give and take of the group atmosphere. Many guys don't realize how much they lack such relationships in their life. Nobody is a rock.

I am unfamiliar with OP's posts, but if "red pill" views are getting in the way of your mental health, you need to ditch them. In lieu of unrelated commentary to OP's post I will venture to say that "red pill" views are often a defense. I would trust the advice of professionals and others in the same boat as you than strangers online.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Quote: (07-29-2017 02:02 AM)2Wycked Wrote:  

Group is about community. You learn and grow by listening and understanding other's problems. It is a valuable resource if you keep an open mind and learn to appreciate the give and take of the group atmosphere. Many guys don't realize how much they lack such relationships in their life. Nobody is a rock.

I am unfamiliar with OP's posts, but if "red pill" views are getting in the way of your mental health, you need to ditch them. In lieu of unrelated commentary to OP's post I will venture to say that "red pill" views are often a defense. I would trust the advice of professionals and others in the same boat as you than strangers online.

I just want to get out of the military, it's causing me to be severely depressed and anxieatic. I'm an officer with over 5 years left on my contract and I my injuries derailed what was going to be a potentially good career. Now I've been medically out for almost a year and they still haven't done much to speed my case along. I'm dreading every day being stressed out about being stuck in some shitty desk for the remainder of my time in. It comes down to them saying "I signed up for this" etc, even for the civilian psyches I'm seeing right now at the outpatient clinic. Well it doesn't matter, if I was working for some corporation and under a contract, if executing said contract was making me ill or injured then the smart thing to do would be to leave it and do something else. Most likely I'll be separated after a medical board but nothing is for sure, especially when dealing with military mental health, which I have been for the last year. Just like how someone above said that psychology is designed to suit the needs of society over the individual, military doctors primary purpose is to suit the needs of the military over the needs of the member. No doctor is advocating for what is best for me.

I'm kind of hiding my true feelings because I can complicate my situation by revealing them, mainly that now I am very anti-military in the sense that if I didn't have all these medical issues going on I probably would have filed for conscientious objector status. Where I am located is very pro-military and I would upset literally (hitler) everyone around me if I made it known that I disagree with killing and shilling for the state. I have fully awakened to the truth and I know that being in the military is not the place to be. Maybe once upon a time, like pre-civil war it may have actually meant something and not a complete hypocrisy and a duplicity to the constitution. It's the most toxic environment I've ever been in my life, and I've been in some very marxist places. Here they inject little insurance policies into service members every year via vaccines (deployment ones are worse and not the ones civilians get) while constantly inundating them to propaganda 24/7 which only fucks with our brains even more. This in turn leads to a lot of disease and suicide. I haven't been suicidal and I'd like to keep it that way. The reason why so many dudes in the service are offing themselves is because there is no quick and easy way out. Not to mention the rampant PC and the whole media and all other countries telling us whites that we shouldn't exist anyways.

I realize I may get a ban hammer here, but I just need to here bits of wake-up advice from red pillers.

@IstillLoveVistaBaby

That was an honest post, and nothing in it seems a bannable offense.

I have some thoughts, though my situation is very different from yours, so you will have to see if anything suits, and adapt it.

The facts for me are, I live in a place that is jam packed with SJWs, and I have only recently started having to deal with doctors, therapists, group counselling, and have had to develop something resembling the skills of a diplomat to get what I need out of the system without getting screwed by someone who doesn't like my views.

The whole situation reminds me of an old Star Trek episode where the crew visited a planet that was basically a cult, and everyone described themselves as being "of the body." So the captain and his cohort try to pretend to be just like them, only sometimes it doesn't work, and this happens:

My situation was, I had a couple health issues that needed sorting, and the only doctor I could see on my plan was a SJW who had named herself something weird, and volunteered helping trannies "be their true selves" and stuff like that.

I know this stuff because I checked her out on Facebook before the first appointment. She was as you might suspect, although superficially nice, she really thought she knew it all, and didn't really listen to what I was saying, and would prescribe me things without explaining them and she kind of made me bristle.

At first, I just talked to her honestly, and at one point I made the observation that someone I was close to was hard to deal with because she used the "woman strategy" for arguing.

"The woman strategy, what do you mean by that?" She asked, and being naive, I explained that when a woman is right, she argues facts, and when she is wrong, she criticizes your body language and tone of voice, so she is never wrong.

I have since learned that there are certain phrases used by health professionals, all of them women in my experience, which sound innocent, but that are actually traps being set up for you.

Expressions like:

"What do you mean by that?"

"How so?"

"Explain."

Innocuous phrases all, but delivered with a hint of challenge in the voice that means she wants you to talk about it to give her ammunition so she can shoot your down or nit pick you to death.

I have to be ever vigilant because they can be set off by the weirdest of things. Just yesterday, I had a receptionist draw her sword, and hoist her shield because she mentioned she had some herbal extracts in her water, and I offhandedly said, "Yeah, everyone in this town has to have special water. No one can drink from the tap."

This led to a long boring conversation in which she tried to convince me that she wasn't predictable, and didn't have special water because everyone else did, and then for a little while she just pretended she didn't know what I was talking about when I said, that people had to drink something that signaled they were special, water with mushrooms in it or tinctures, or special alkalized ionized Japanese water.

Now I know this is different from what you are dealing with, because you are a person that has doubts who happens to have to deal with gung ho military people, while I am a guy with realistic views on gender who lives in delusion SJW-land.

I think though that the principles of what I am learning will transfer over to your situation.

I also went to a therapist for depression and then had to attend a group for the same thing, and these were challenging too.

So here is what I figured out.

In my case, everyone has to feel that they are an absolute, special unique, gift to reality, so they will all bristle whenever I make a generalization of any sort about anything. These are the kind of people who say things like "my truth" and who, even without saying anything directly, will always criticize and dismiss anything that is unapologetically masculine.

So I just decided that even though the situation sucked, I would go along with it. At least go through the motions, and see what it was all about and what I could get from it. I would focus totally on getting anything positive for myself from the situation, and leave the bickering over grander issues for another time and another place.

With my doctor, for example, I just focused exclusively on medical issues; concrete, observable, measurable issues, and what could be done about them. Once I did that, she was a dream to work with. I know that sound a bit like surrender, and not being true to my grander vision, but to me, it isn't.

The reason it isn't a surrender is because she is hopeless, and unteachable, but what she does know is medicine, so I am going to ask a million questions and learn as much as I possibly can about what is going on with me and what to do about it. I am using her expertise for my own benefits, and not worrying about her political views at all. I am buttoning my lip about the new parent posters that have every combination of couple except for a man and a woman, and also about the birth control poster that encourages women to use the pill because they can always have a kid in their thirties.

I am in the belly of the she-beast, and I cannot change that, so I am merely picking my battles, not wasting my time, and learning as much as I can about what I need to learn. Yeah, takes self control, and vigilance against my naturally sarcastic tongue and challenging nature.

I'll take the self control, and it has served me well. Without any politics in the mix, she is a little trouper, and has answered all my questions, and if she doesn't, I just keep asking and asking until she does. You asked this in an earlier post, so I think your intuition is right on.

Questions are better than statements. Questions in a friendly or at least neutral voice that doesn't put these maniacs on the defensive.

My doc is still a pretty dismissive little bitch, and she likes to prescribe something and rush out of the room, but I won't let her, because I have a million questions, and how can she criticize me for being interested in my own care? And if she does get away before I am done with my questions, I just don't take the medications she prescribes or have the procedure she refers me for, and the next time I see her I tell her that I still had questions.

She hates this because her ego wants to give orders and have them carried out, but as long as I act friendly or quizzical, she can't really get miffed about having her authority questioned. And when I am feeling particularly puckish, I, with a straight face, actually use some of her SJW phrases against her, and she doubly can't complain about that.

Her: "Why didn't you go to the Gastroenterologist?"

Me: "Well, it is my body, and I didn't feel entirely safe."

Heh Heh. Can't smirk though, have to play it straight. You can laugh about it when you get home.

Ok, that's her.

Now on to the mental health monsters. While I agree with 2Wycked that group therapy can be positive, it also can be a total nightmare, and if you are already feeling anxious and depressed, it will only make it worse, and also, as you have already noticed, they will try to put it back on you when their therapeutic approach doesn't work.

The first thing I do is see what sort of options I have. Like when I went to a clinic to start seeing a therapist, my first question was whether they had any male therapists.

The answer was: Barely.

So I always go for the guy, either to be my therapist or to lead the group. Guys can be soydisasters, it's true, but so far, it has worked for me, even when I had to deal with men who didn't share my political views, we could still relate as guys, and find some common ground.

At my intake, the worker asked if I had any preference about the gender of my therapist and I said, "Yeah, I want a dude."

That woke her up. I think that option existed mainly for women who weren't comfortable with men, so the idea that I could use the option to avoid dealing with a chick felt like cheating to her. She didn't like it. But what could she do? She asked.

At the end of the first interview, she said, through gritted teeth, "We will honor your request for a male therapist." I kept a straight face, but it was hilarious. She was taking it personally that I didn't want a woman, even though I never saw her again and she wasn't a therapist.

Women are such little babies!

I did get stuck with an older dyke therapist for my group therapy, and that was pretty bad. Not only that, there was only one other guy in the group, and my first day there all the women said they had chased all the men away, and looked at me for my reaction, and I waved the back of my hand at them and said, "Pssssst."

They found this funny, the group therapist did not. I stuck that one out for a few weeks, but left, finally, because I didn't feel it was any help to me. I asked my other therapist, the guy, if there were other groups I could go to, and there were, so I chose a different one. But I wouldn't have known about it if I hadn't asked.

That dyke though. She opened on group with a poem about how great grandmothers are, and then gave a little speech about the wisdom of --you guessed it--women, and asked each of us to share a story about a wise older woman in our life.

People shared stories, but none of the women they talked about seemed wise or kind. Just a bunch of hard old bitches. When it got to me I said, innocently, is it ok to tell a story about a grandfather?'

She said yes, again through the gritted teeth. How could she refuse? It would have been sexist.

So, to recap, keep your eyes of the prize, and look for something of value in these sessions, ask a million questions, keep a face that is either positive or neutral, see what your options are. They won't volunteer them, you have to ask. Maybe there is a better group that you can go to.

I have gotten a lot out of therapy, but all the things I got were very workmanlike, practical strategies for dealing with life and not looking at things so negative, or being mindful when anxious and analyzing the emotion in the moment, locating it in my body, and trying to understand it.

The rest of the stuff I just discarded. I also had a bit of fun laughing at these people and using their language against them, though not laughing out loud, and not laughing till later.

You sound like you are in a rough spot. Depression and anxiety are no joke, and it is hard to do red pill battle on top of getting better.

I have some friends who are vets, and it sounds like that bureaucracy is its own nightmare on top of the regular disaster of the mental health system. Plus you have every right to be disappointed when the career you hoped for is derailed by injury in the call of duty.

I think the best you can do is something along the lines of what I have done. Get the most benefits for yourself out of the program you are stuck in and just go through the motions with all the bullshit.

You can fight your red pill battles later when you have the tools and skills to deal with the depression.

Let us know how it goes.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Appreciate that debeguiled. Is your situation mandatory though? Because unless its for your work or family I would avoid any place like that like the plague. Unfortunately for me, there is no painless way around dealing with a shitty mental health system in a shitty bureaucracy, and walking on eggshells every step of the way. I've been dx'd with an adjustment disorder among other things, because to no surprise, I just haven't been adapting. The whole time I've been in the service I've been depressed and felt like part of my life was sucked out of me, and I look at some of these other vets who have attempted suicide, and they all look like that, lifeless. I worry that if I try to explain to them that the whole system is corrupt and evil that it might trigger them because then they would feel that they have suffered for nothing. Well my sentiment is that I too have suffered for nothing. All of the service members have. The military only exists to carry out the whims of bankers in their constant war for GOD (gold oil and drugs) and control of everything. I see what you're saying, looking on a macrocosm, I see the truth and register that in my mind I am participating in the betrayal of my people (white, Christian, interchangeable) and it sickens me to no end with nausea, depression, panic attacks, and worse.

I will get out, but I am having difficulty controlling my patience, especially while I'm stuck and not around any of my old crew from my hometown. How do you plan for your appointments? This is a meticulous game that people like us have to play, however Machiavellian. My goal is just to be free, go my own way, and have peace in my life, and they will not allow me to do that. So I have to fight fire with fire.

@IstilLoveVisaBaby

Yes, it is mandatory for me.

You do sound depressed, and that is not a criticism. Don't ask me how I know.

The reason I say you sound depressed, is that you didn't respond to anything I wrote. You are completely focussed on how betrayed you feel and how fucked up your situation is.

Fair enough when the situation is unfair and fucked up.

The trick with depression is to learn how to change your thoughts so you don't constantly think only the most negative ones over and over to the exclusion of all else.

Some kinds of therapy can help this, but not for everybody.

While anti depressants aren't optimal, for some, they are the only things that work.

An excellent account of depression and medication is this one:

The Scent of Dried Roses

Its author, Tim Lott is a professional writer, and has defined depression pretty well:

Quote:Quote:

Depression is about anger, it is about anxiety, it is about character and heredity. But it is also about something that is in its way quite unique. It is the illness of identity, it is the illness of those who do not know where they fit, who lose faith in the myths they have so painstakenly created for themselves. [...] It is a plague - especially if you add in its various forms of expression, like alcoholism, anorexia, bulimia, drug addiction, compulsive behaviour of one kind or another. They're all the same things: attempts to avoid disappearance, or nothingness, or chaos.

Sound familiar?

Others have been there.

I can't add too much to what I have written other than to wonder if you have any spiritual beliefs. It sounds like you have decided that your service is pointless because you have been used by other people.

I can tell you that I believe that what matters is not what they think, but what you thought when you were trusting them, and that any action or sacrifice made in good faith does not go to waste.

Which is why I am asking about spiritual beliefs, because if you believe that you have wasted your military career I can guarantee that God does not.

The final sentence in you post is concerning. Don't do anything rash. Even when it doesn't feel like it, there are solutions out there, and sometimes all you have to do is hang on and wait.

At least read that Tim Lott quote again. Others have been there and came through it.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Yes I can see your point. It's hard for me to go into all the details you wrote, but I read each sentence several times because I appreciate all the honest advice, truly. As for spirituality, I believe in God and Jesus Christ, and I read the bible daily when I can. I may be joining a fundamentalist church upon my exeunt from the military, not sure yet. I've made some friends with Jehovah's Witnesses and they know that my situation is a tricky one. I couldn't become an official member while in the military, so I have to wait on that. Just solitary study except when I go talk with one of them about questions and learning about scripture. The odd thing about my depression is that it is so severe and life-debilitating but I have not tried to kill myself, nor plan to. As delusional as it may sound, I've been brought back before years ago after nearly dying and I know whats on the other side, and what waits for those who kill themselves. Those who choose the easy way out must truly not know that their suffering is only beginning once they do that. The drugs they give me don't help, so I'm kind of lackadaisical in my prescription taking, its all a joke. It just numbs me.

I don't mean fight literally with them, just that I have to play this fucking game lol. It's so stupid. They should just let people go who want to go, and none of this would have happened to me. My wife and family are suffering too while I'm debilitated like this.

Any other tips on how to deal with a pushy therapist? How to turn around prompting questions and avoid revealing too much or redirect the conversation to something else?

You make it seem like the military is some devilish institution, which doesn't seem to be a very fruitful (or factual) outlook.

You say that you suffered for nothing, but it's not like you weren't getting paid while you did it. You never betrayed anyone by serving in the military (though it seems you have had a change of heart since whatever initially brought you to sign up).

Use your therapy sessions as an opportunity to learn something. Don't sit there looking grim and psychotic at the very least.

Operating from the presupposition that every aspect of the system you are in is wrong is going to only give them more red flags to use again you down the line.

Also, chill out on the red pill reading until you feel more emotionally-stable. This shit will make you really angry if you aren't prepared for it.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

ISLV, it took a lot to write what you did. I would say your post is one of the best uses for this forum. +1 from me for genuinely asking for help.

Are your injuries physical by chance and you're sort of confined to limited mobility throughout the day?

I'm shooting at the hip here, but you sound like a guy who used to have physical outlets for his energy and since you've been dry docked for a long time it's starting to make you restless.

You'd probably benefit from some meditating (not dumb i promise) or another outlet that gives you a way to focus that energy into your hands. An instrument perhaps? Heck even knitting is good.

Your worst enemy is idleness. Don't let that energy get bottled up!

Thanks Beast, I wish there were more realistic approaches in real life for me to ask people for help, but every institution is... well, institutionalized. They have a precept for how to do things and if you operate outside those boundaries they either won't help you or downright castigate you, this goes for modern-day psychology/psychiatry/what have you. So the only real honest unbiased advice I get is from an old witness who helps me with studying, and sometimes his sons offer advice too.

I had a change of heart after I joined for sure, I just realized how much of a lie everything is, how the US armed forces are used to push the globalist and israeli agenda on the world. Defending the constitution? Forget about it, the constitution was rolled up , smoked, and passed around faster than a joint at a fraternity party. On top of that, they do operate by an almost SJW-level of protected classes and privileges, and then there's "the club" , consisting of all colonels and above, which only promote from within (usually its pedophiles and other deviants or cucks, and some broads now), and will curb-stomp anyone under their rank who questions or thought-crimes them. It is a mafia of sorts. Certainly in the very least it is a caste system, and in the very most a death cult.

I used to be a bodybuilder and a powerlifter, one of the strongest for my weight, especially when I was a teen. I did some shows but mostly just wanted to get ragin' strong. Can't do that now, at least not for the foreseeable future. I am working on it but everything's moving at a snail's pace.

I was just told that I would be discharged from the hospital program tomorrow. Now I have to go back and deal with military psyches, not sure what to tell them now. Just being in the military lifestyle and environment hammers down my state of depression and I know for a fact I will not get better until I'm released. I will have so much to say then, but am holding back now in case any shills are reading my posts.

This may be tough to hear, but I think you should ride out the rest of your enlistment doing some sort of desk jockey work.

You said you have what, five years left on your contract?

Five years is a very very long time to accomplish whatever it is you want. Don't think of it as a prison, think of it as marinating yourself for a better product later on.

The hatred you feel for the military system is ok. It comes from just lashing out from the disillusionment. It's ok to feel crappy about it, but don't let your time go to waste hating yourself and your coworkers for it.

Find the easiest, most low skilled post you can do that requires you to just be present without much thought. Then, use that spare time to study, take online classes, learn a language, or something ANYTHING.

You've got a lot of "go and do it" energy. Make a goal that can be accomplished from a desk

Quote: (07-31-2017 06:33 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

This may be tough to hear, but I think you should ride out the rest of your enlistment doing some sort of desk jockey work.

You said you have what, five years left on your contract?

Five years is a very very long time to accomplish whatever it is you want. Don't think of it as a prison, think of it as marinating yourself for a better product later on.

The hatred you feel for the military system is ok. It comes from just lashing out from the disillusionment. It's ok to feel crappy about it, but don't let your time go to waste hating yourself and your coworkers for it.

Find the easiest, most low skilled post you can do that requires you to just be present without much thought. Then, use that spare time to study, take online classes, learn a language, or something ANYTHING.

You've got a lot of "go and do it" energy. Make a goal that can be accomplished from a desk

I highly recommend this. A whole lot of what you believed out the military was a corrupt sham? That's going to most of the industries you get into. Get out with an honorable, and it set you up for a lot of other cush jobs.

I was never in the military, but I work as a military contractor, and have dealt with a lot of guys in uniform.

If you are an officer with 5 years left, you have the opportunity to do a lot in your career. I'm assuming depending on the service you are in you can expect to retire as a Major or the equivalent. A Major has the opportunity to manage large organizations or projects, and to develop strong management skills, as well as specialized domain knowledge as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), both of which are valuable skills when you get out.

I'm sure you've seen this in action. There are people who have the best years of their lives in this setting. Figure out the mindset of a person like this and adopt it. Push your own desired pattern onto your life.

I understand you feel like you're in the belly of the beast, but the whole world is that way to some degree. Many people throughout history have had to live under corrupt and brutal regimes. You still have to live your life.

Don't dwell on the globalists and the corrupt bankers that secretly pull all the strings. Focus on your day to day life. Enjoy your friends and loved ones. Enjoy your labor and the small daily accomplishments you make in your work, and make the best of things. This is the advice in Ecclesiastes. Let this therapy stuff roll off you like water off a duck's back.

I say these things as someone who has stuggled with similar issues and this is what I've concluded.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Quote: (07-27-2017 01:09 PM)Mage Wrote:  

Mainstream psychology is about making sure people can fit into system and make functional drones. If you can get up at 7am get to work at 8am, do no hurt any feelings at work and stay there till 17pm while observing all laws and (once more) not hurting anyone's feelings you are considered healthy. If you don't like this schedule and this system or if you tend to get into conflicts and hurt some feelings you are considered to have a problem.

Mainstream psychology does not cares about you. It cares about you not causing any problems or discomfort to society. If possible it tries to exploit you to maximum benefit to society.

Mainstream psychology is not about success, empowerment, independence, free thought, philosophy, personal liberty, personal responsibility, wisdom, lessons from history, common sense, politically incorrect truths, seduction, laws of power or masculinity.

If you want to study psychology that is all about self and puts needs or society secondary then prepare that it will never be mainstream, it will always be somewhat underground/occult/hidden/covert/taboo.

I just noticed this post. This is powerful stuff. It's true if you get caught up in counselling, or mandated therapy, or HR situations, the system is designed to make you act as a compliant drone. This is what the education system is for as well.

So if you get caught up in any of these institutions, just show them what they want to see, while pursuing your own strategies privately. This ought to be considered one of the basic tenets of the red pill.

Men that try to make their own way in life will always have to deal with this reality. We operate under a completely different worldview and mindset. You can't expect the normies around us to see things the way we do. Once you accept this, it's much easier to play the game. At least we have the forum to share with other like minded men.

-Randy Savage

I'd start with learning the English language and its grammar.

Would it have been too hard to write: "how do I deal with being stuck in group therapy?"

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Quote: (08-01-2017 12:22 AM)h3ltrsk3ltr Wrote:  

I'd start with learning the English language and its grammar.

Would it have been too hard to write: "how do I deal with being stuck in group therapy?"

Lol, no it wouldn't have been. Illiteracy is a choice these days, don'cha know?

Quote:Quote:

I just want to get out of the military, it's causing me to be severely depressed and anxieatic. I'm an officer with over 5 years left on my contract and I my injuries derailed what was going to be a potentially good career. Now I've been medically out for almost a year and they still haven't done much to speed my case along. I'm dreading every day being stressed out about being stuck in some shitty desk for the remainder of my time in. It comes down to them saying "I signed up for this" etc, even for the civilian psyches I'm seeing right now at the outpatient clinic. Well it doesn't matter, if I was working for some corporation and under a contract, if executing said contract was making me ill or injured then the smart thing to do would be to leave it and do something else. Most likely I'll be separated after a medical board but nothing is for sure, especially when dealing with military mental health, which I have been for the last year. Just like how someone above said that psychology is designed to suit the needs of society over the individual, military doctors primary purpose is to suit the needs of the military over the needs of the member. No doctor is advocating for what is best for me.

I had a similarly horrible reflection on te later part of my time in.

Here's why that attitude needs to change: the military can give you a LOT of excellent opportunities if you leverage it properly. Assuming that you have a reasonably respectable school record, can furnish good recommendations, and function well in society it should be very possible for you to find job prospects that will put you on a fast track to executive levels if you have any inclination in that direction. Use the network appropriately and you can open doors at Ivy League grad schools, Wall Street firms, government agencies, and just about any organization large enough to have a veteran angle you can use.

The catch is that you NEED to have some good recommendations you can use, and some good experiences you can leverage. My best bet would be to try to play it off like this "group therapy" suddenly made you realize the light and see all your problems.

In the meantime you need to re-build your momentum. If you have 5 years left you can easily use that time to lay the grounds for your next steps. Make sure that if you don't already have stellar academic credentions, that you build them up. Most fields have some kind of generalist masters degree you can take. If you have absolutely no idea what you want to do then enroll yourself for a master's in management (NOT an MBA!!!) and use the 15 credit hours or so it entails to knock out a 4.0 GPA. Worry less about the specific job you will do and worry more about WHO you are doing with. You want to make as sure as you can that your next commander is one that you enjoy working with and who likes you so you can get a good recommendation you will need later.

Why am I suggesting these steps?

Because most of the endings that lead to you owning a summer home require a strong start. No matter what route you go they're going to want to see a good academic credential(except sales-type or headhunter jobs), recommendations, and for you to have some good stories about being an amazing leader in the military.

You aren't going to get those with that attitude.

And my attitude to disillusionment?

I've stopped expecting any institution to do good things for me, and right now I'm out for my family.

I'm not a stupid person, but I have been clumsy, and I've pissed off some people by doing things I wasn't even aware of at my last two bases. I guess it was so bad that they put the magnifying glass on me both times where I was hounded until I left each base for every little microcosmic mistake I made. It's only a matter of time until that happens again and I realized that its just better to start over somewhere else. I don't want to go to jail for mishandling classified documents or refusing an order. I just want to get the fuck out. I don't believe in these stupid wars anymore, so my heart and soul are not even in the mission. My injuries only compounded my feelings for all of this.

To show you how much of a joke it is, listen to this.

I went to a recruiting station in the next town over, shaved up & made myself look a little younger, and asked with high energy about applying to join the military, and I told the recruiter all my medical issues and he was almost flabbergasted, asking me if I was thinking clearly, because it seemed kind of silly for me to come and try to get into the service with all I have going on. "There's no way the military would ever hire you man, sorry, they just have these standards," they told me. I glumly left and drove away.

They are trying so fucking hard to keep me in the service when the person they contracted years ago was literally a different man, mentally, physically, physiologically, etc. They didn't contract a sick man, a wounded man. Some people want nothing more than to join, some kids really need it coming from a dire life situation. I was independent before I went in, and I know that even if I had no money once I left I'd still be independent because I know how to make it work.

Not in the group therapy anymore, wasn't making any progress so now its back to dealing with military psyches for who knows how long. Might try to see another provider.

Easy_C I see what you mean, and yeah all those are great valid points, but there are other avenues to success that don't require being in the service, even from my current place. I need to begin again.