rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Getting OWNED when mentioning game/pickup to the Public

https://www.reddit.com/r/AsianMasculinit...h=282414f3

So recently found this subreddit called /AsianMasculinity.
I have been in the game for couple years now and started finally getting decent amount of success out of it.

I was pretty shocked since this subreddit was about being masculine and should be self-help related shit.
My id on reddit is bgbusiness btw.

I guess their herd mentality or group think mentality can't view RSD for what it is.
I have also shared my RSD love or Roosh love on redpill subreddit and got neutral feedback, which is not bad, but I can't see why public can't see how game can help them. LOL. I mean my close friends also don't see the point of watching pickup material, only some wings that I hang out with watch them.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Outside of this forum PUA probably has the most snake oil salesmen/bullshit artists outside of multilevel marketing and straight con-artists.

It also came into the view of the public with mystery and Neil what's his name, not great "brand ambassadors" with the freaky outfits etc.

Don't try and red-pill the world. (Actually go ahead and try, you might learn something. Just not at work, wider social circle etc)

The reddit OP's question wasn't even about dating or sex. Why bring up RSD at all?

You have to understand that the pickup-artist subculture has a reputation of having a serious stench of male desperation, nerdiness, and douchebaggery that comes from self-proclaimed casanova's telling other men tips and tricks on how to get laid.

RSD isn't about "red pill," how to increase your bankroll, dress really well, and be a self-sufficient masculine man in today's world - it's about how to talk to and pick up women for men who are not good at it. This forum is far different from that, though there are some common themes when it comes to improving your lovelife.

I respect RSD and the guys like them that teach this stuff because maybe taking the entire red pill for a 23yr old beta guy would shatter his entire world.
Learning how to talk to girls and get your dick sucked is a great way to red pill a guy.

I tend to stay away from subreddit's like those because it's some bitter bitch made guys complaining about how things aren't fair for certain reasons out of their control.

"Avoid the unhappy and unlucky"

Serious question: why are you on reddit in the first place? Do you find it is a good source of information, for anything? (not just gaming women, but anything?)

I use Reddit to get local info/opinions about stuff going on in my city, that's it.

Quote: (07-25-2017 03:06 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Serious question: why are you on reddit in the first place? Do you find it is a good source of information, for anything? (not just gaming women, but anything?)

Yes.
I am on red pill subreddit, very good for self-dev.
I am also on accounting subreddit, very good for my occupation.
If you went to my reddit profile, you could have checked, but no worries.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

Quote: (07-25-2017 02:45 PM)kinjutsu Wrote:  

I tend to stay away from subreddit's like those because it's some bitter bitch made guys complaining about how things aren't fair for certain reasons out of their control.

"Avoid the unhappy and unlucky"

Very good point, I will stay away from that shit..

- Heat

I wouldn't associate myself with RSD or any PUA if my life depended on it. They are less about masculinity and more about focusing on women only. Not the same thing.

To clarify, when I was approaching day and night, I really took care of myself. I mean, lifting, eating well, dressing really well and spending lots of time with like minded men especially off the forum. If I could point to any benefit I received that had value, it was these things, not the interactions themselves with women. PUAs, especially RSD don't promote any of this.

I'd rather promote being a well rounded man any lday than doing a bunch of approaches every week without much else.

I have definitely been on both sides of the spectrum.

I wouldn't bother telling anyone what you are doing for self improvement. The results should be self evident, and people will come to you if they see you are doing something right.

Whether its learning about game, starting a business, whatever, good things rarely come from it. Be a doer not a talker.

Game and masculinity can't be learned by reading books or watching videos. You have to immerse yourself in it for almost a decade to truly understand it. It's not an awakening moment per se, it's more of a snowball that keeps rolling downhill, collecting lessons and memories, and overtime, you just learn to give less of a fuck and say what you really want, and in that itself, game makes complete sense and your whole life changes.

Quote: (07-25-2017 04:22 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Game and masculinity can't be learned by reading books or watching videos. You have to immerse yourself in it for almost a decade to truly understand it. It's not an awakening moment per se, it's more of a snowball that keeps rolling downhill, collecting lessons and memories, and overtime, you just learn to give less of a fuck and say what you really want, and in that itself, game makes complete sense and your whole life changes.

Fucking A. Before I started self-improving I focused too much on the books, never doing the work in real life.

Now I've been working my ass off for almost a year and I can already see the improvement even though I'm only at the beginning. Less fucks are given, mindset is better, girls are more receptive. It's a great feeling.

Quote: (07-25-2017 03:06 PM)eradicator Wrote:  

Reddit is good for sharing info about hobbies. I read the hunting and dog training subreddits. Its a good place to get news about developments and trends in niche interests.

Quote: (07-25-2017 03:28 PM)Cobra Wrote:  

To clarify, when I was approaching day and night, I really took care of myself. I mean, lifting, eating well, dressing really well and spending lots of time with like minded men especially off the forum. If I could point to any benefit I received that had value, it was these things, not the interactions themselves with women. PUAs, especially RSD don't promote any of this.

They definitely do (or did, in the past).

Owen Cook talks a lot about eating healthy and meditating, and constantly recommends interesting books.

Quote: (07-25-2017 04:45 PM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

Owen Cook talks a lot about eating healthy and meditating, and constantly recommends interesting books.

That guy is an absolute joke. It's psychology really, if someone pays for something they feel they received a better service than if it was free. Closet nerds jumping around doing a warrior scream. I find it embarrassing. I know several guys in our travel section that pull the hottest chicks in the world by just using their finger and pointing at their dick.

These lessons are free of charge to our forum members, in person, assuming you buy them a glass of whiskey, It's a shame more people don't take advantage of it. All the answers are right here on this forum.

Quote: (07-25-2017 05:09 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

Quote: (07-25-2017 04:45 PM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

That guy is an absolute joke. It's psychology really, if someone pays for something they feel they received a better service than if it was free. Closet nerds jumping around doing a warrior scream. I find it embarrassing. I know several guys in our travel section that pull the hottest chicks in the world by just using their finger and pointing at their dick.

Yep. That's why I wouldn't associate with them. It's embarrassing to be seen with them.

Quote:Quote:

These lessons are free of charge to our forum members, in person, assuming you buy them a glass of whiskey, It's a shame more people don't take advantage of it. All the answers are right here on this forum.

There were better times. A few guys took advantage:

Analysis of RVF Members' Game

This thread is concrete proof that you don't need PUA bullshit.

I myself participated in this at a time and did not spend any money except for transportation and accommodation and yes, a whiskey or two. [Image: wink.gif]

I challenge people that want to improve their game to participate and bring that thread alive.

Quote: (07-25-2017 03:47 PM)Repo Wrote:  

I wouldn't bother telling anyone what you are doing for self improvement. The results should be self evident, and people will come to you if they see you are doing something right.

Whether its learning about game, starting a business, whatever, good things rarely come from it. Be a doer not a talker.

I agree with this completely. It's like the Godfather said.

[Image: Never-tell-anybody-outside-the-family-wh...again..jpg]

Quote: (07-25-2017 03:21 PM)bgbusiness Wrote:  

If you went to my reddit profile, you could have checked, but no worries.

If you're paying close attention, you'll note that at signup members of this forum are urged to use a burner email address and a Google-safe screenname due to the potential for harassment from being a member of this site. I would hope that between this account and that, you're being careful not to leave a trail that would make it possible to dox you.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (07-25-2017 05:09 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

It's psychology really, if someone pays for something they feel they received a better service than if it was free. Closet nerds jumping around doing a warrior scream.

In the days before I discovered this forum I was busy trying to find some like-minded guys to hang out with, and was happy to find a couple of local RSD fanboys. Sadly, they were gamma, passive-aggressive, and largely dysfunctional people. In fact, one of them sticks out as being such a terrible human being that I ditched him within 15 minutes of meeting him one Saturday night. Just a very weak, sad, and desperate person who felt threatened by me (perhaps because I was a foot taller) and felt he needed to bring me down to size.

Getting back to the subject, you can't redpill your friends. When I was a shy, somewhat socially awkward 20 year-old who found game and was starting to have some success with it, some of my friends weren't happy for me but instead were apoplectic with hostility about the community. The common complaint was that it was snake-oil salesmen scamming a bunch of credulous nerds. I remember I had a copy of The Game lying around in 2006 and my buddy's head nearly exploded like in Scanners. I was pretty fucking angry at the reaction.

Hey, maybe there's a touch of truth to the "scammer" thing, but the underlying principles of game cannot be denied.

Someone once said: "The game is to be sold, not to be told". (Snoop Dogg?) But I disagree.

I like to say: "The game is to be showed, not to be sold"

You can read every post on this forum, and others like it, and yes...you'll learn a lot. You may nod your head and think "Yes, that is EXACTLY what happened to me!" or "Women do this to me all the time! This explains their behavior". This is knowledge every poster on this board is sharing with like minded men. And it's important for us to learn from others and understand the hows and whys. And like Linux said, this information is FREE. It is RIGHT HERE ON THE BOARDS.

The most important part is to take what you have learned about RP and APPLY it to real life. Go out and approach. Give 0 fucks. Abundance Mentality. Push/Pull. You know the terms and the definitions, now it's time to utilize them and see just how real they work. If you're new to the game or just want to watch other like minded men, meet up with fellow RVF members and watch them in action. If you have friends that are still BP and absolutely clueless in women, then SHOW them what works. You can preach to them until you're blue (red) in the face and they still won't 'get it'. They have to see it work. And it does work.

I really started applying RP principles to not only my game but real life beginning in March 2016. And in this year alone, I have already doubled the amount of notches than years prior. And it's only July.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

There's also a misconception by some that PUA is just picking up girls, which may have started that way, however I view modern PUA = Male self improvement. And that's generally how I explain it to people that aren't really up on it.

Quote: (07-26-2017 07:17 AM)griffinmill Wrote:  

Hey, maybe there's a touch of truth to the "scammer" thing, but the underlying principles of game cannot be denied.

The underlying principles of game are, yes, undeniable. However, for people to come out and act like they know more about it than they actually do is what I have a problem with. Then to charge a premium for it and lure those that have no other resources to learn it; that I also have a problem with.

Snake oil salesmen did the same thing.

If this were the diet industry, Roosh would be the guy telling people to make lifestyle changes such as eating more vegetables and getting routine exercise, while PUAs would be the Internet ads touting "one weird trick to melt away belly fat."

Fact is, PUA is perceived as a bunch of ineffective canned routines sold to desperate, gullible losers (or "creeps" if you're a woman). Instead of trying to reverse this perception, we should just ditch the term PUA and embrace the fact that we're something else.

Quote: (07-25-2017 02:20 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

Outside of this forum PUA probably has the most snake oil salesmen/bullshit artists outside of multilevel marketing and straight con-artists.

It also came into the view of the public with mystery and Neil what's his name, not great "brand ambassadors" with the freaky outfits etc.

Don't try and red-pill the world. (Actually go ahead and try, you might learn something. Just not at work, wider social circle etc)

Agree with the sentiment, but let's not pretend that those flashy, metrosexual PUA's are in any way whatsoever "red pill".

Quote: (07-26-2017 08:28 PM)Delta Wrote:  

If this were the diet industry, Roosh would be the guy telling people to make lifestyle changes such as eating more vegetables and getting routine exercise, while PUAs would be the Internet ads touting "one weird trick to melt away belly fat."

Fact is, PUA is perceived as a bunch of ineffective canned routines sold to desperate, gullible losers (or "creeps" if you're a woman). Instead of trying to reverse this perception, we should just ditch the term PUA and embrace the fact that we're something else.

Problem is that accurately speaking everything is PUA. In the above example, it's like everything is "dieting". Why should the guy selling lifestyle changes have to slam dieting when he himself is advocating dieting?