rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Washington, D.C. Photos

Washington, D.C. Photos

Pessimists love to post photos of local sausagefests and complain about quality. I think the city is pretty average. Here is a recent event for you to judge.

http://www.fiopisco.com/events.php

Washington, D.C. Photos

Quote: (09-03-2011 11:33 PM)kimleebj Wrote:  

Pessimists love to post photos of local sausagefests and complain about quality. I think the city is pretty average. Here is a recent event for you to judge.

http://www.fiopisco.com/events.php

[Image: 031.jpg]
[Image: 070.jpg]
[Image: 108.jpg]
[Image: 136.jpg]
[Image: 172.jpg]

And these were the ones that made the cut to be put online!

Washington, D.C. Photos

OK, let's be fair. There's not a woman under the age of 35 in any of those pictures. Of course the women are going to be ugly at an event full of 40-year-olds. Post an event of girls in the 20-25 range.

Washington, D.C. Photos

is this a joke?

Washington, D.C. Photos

I thought maybe cibo posted ugly girls on purpose, but that was representative of the crowd. There were many 20-somethings as well.

[Image: 119.jpg]

Latin girl in the middle is probably the hottest girl at the party (with her obligatory grenade friends), and she's no higher than a 7 (maybe more if I could see additional photos). In Poland she'd give me some love, but in DC she'd be a bitch who thinks she deserves to be dating a Washington Wizards player.

[Image: 185.jpg]

What are these two Danish chicks doing in DC?

[Image: 129.jpg]

Washington, D.C. Photos

The two Danes look like they'd be up for a threesome though. If I was offered both, I would.

There's no shortage of pussy- it's just the delivery system that's messed up

Washington, D.C. Photos

This thread leaves me speechless..awful..just awful.

Washington, D.C. Photos

DC really is were every kid who studied hard and was active in Student Government ends up.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Vomits

Washington, D.C. Photos

This is a great post if the OP intended it as some sort of gag post.

If the OP didn't, however, intend this as a gag post, then he needs to get out of DC more ASAP because his standards have been severely compromised.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Compare to LA:

[Image: DSC_0040.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0010.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0069.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0005.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0117.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0199.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0226.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0113.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0159.jpg]

[Image: IMG_8327.jpg]

LA can be this bad but it varies wildly from one area to another. I have no idea what D.C. is actually like, but I'm noticing scene selection is incredibly important. In L.A., it seems like there's very strong segregation by attractiveness. I tried to pick these randomly, and they're roughly representative. It's cinema night at the cemetery. This is supposed to be a trendy affair, but the lack of quality is pretty astounding. And the guys aren't terrible looking.

All that said, one of my worst dates yet was with a chick from DC. Wore ugly glasses, frumpy clothes and no makeup on a date as a matter of principle, and lacked a shred of feminine personality.

It seems like here, the difference in male attractiveness from one scene to the next is relatively small, compared to the differences between the girls.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Quote: (09-04-2011 09:27 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

I just revisited the fiopisco link again and looked at every single picture. I couldn't find one cute girl. It's as if they intentionally hired a bunch of mediocre looking people to attend.

On a related note, I've driven through north arlington quite a few times recently and (despite some of my previous comments), the quality has noticeably gone down. I've been living in a different part of the state the past two years so I haven't been spending as much time there as before. DC and NOVA are definitely not what they used to be.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Quote: (09-04-2011 04:22 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (09-04-2011 09:27 AM)Smitty Wrote:  

I just revisited the fiopisco link again and looked at every single picture. I couldn't find one cute girl. It's as if they intentionally hired a bunch of mediocre looking people to attend.

On a related note, I've driven through north arlington quite a few times recently and (despite some of my previous comments), the quality has noticeably gone down. I've been living in a different part of the state the past two years so I haven't been spending as much time there as before. DC and NOVA are definitely not what they used to be.

I agree. Arlington used to have a lot of chics running around especially after work. I went over there a few times earlier this summer and was stunned to see how much that place has changed. Even tho it's not as bad as DC it's getting there.

What the hell happening to the DMV?

Washington, D.C. Photos

I have to admit that I love the DC nightlife pictures. I googled DC sausage fest just to see if this forum would come up and it was on the second page but I did find this..

http://www.datemedc.com/2010/08/voltron-...-fest.html

Check out her OK cupid story..One class act here.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Quote: (09-04-2011 02:25 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

LA can be this bad but it varies wildly from one area to another. I have no idea what D.C. is actually like, but I'm noticing scene selection is incredibly important. In L.A., it seems like there's very strong segregation by attractiveness. I tried to pick these randomly, and they're roughly representative. It's cinema night at the cemetery. This is supposed to be a trendy affair, but the lack of quality is pretty astounding. And the guys aren't terrible looking.

All that said, one of my worst dates yet was with a chick from DC. Wore ugly glasses, frumpy clothes and no makeup on a date as a matter of principle, and lacked a shred of feminine personality.

It seems like here, the difference in male attractiveness from one scene to the next is relatively small, compared to the differences between the girls.

I notice you complain a lot about LA.

LA is way better quality wise if you are talking about West LA/Hollywood nightlife vs DC nightlife. They don't even compare.

Washington, D.C. Photos

I'll be thinking bout ya'll when I'm down in Charleston next week.

[attachment=2976]

Here's a pretty good example of what I'll be chasing down there. You cats keep concentrating on the fat ugly ones. I set my sights on the above.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Quote: (09-04-2011 05:08 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

LA is way better quality wise if you are taking about West LA/Hollywood nightlife vs DC nightlife. They don't even compare.

They'll be more hot women at Drais Hollywood in one night then you'll see at any DC club in a year.

Washington, D.C. Photos

I think those pics are a fair representation of LA. The city is really segmented in general so it makes sense attractiveness is too.

Washington, D.C. Photos

LA is way better quality wise if you are talking about West LA/Hollywood nightlife vs DC nightlife. They don't even compare.

I don't think those Cinespia are accurate representations of LA at all. Frankly, I'm not even sure those selections are even accurate representations of the (admittedly lame-ass) Cinespia experience. The Cinespia crowd tends to be a certain subset of hipster that doesn't even approach representing the mass diversity of the Los Angeles area. For those of you who don't know, Cinespia is a series of movie screenings held during the summers in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Hollywood. It's an old cemetery where a lot of old movie stars are buried. It's a faggy event that mostly girls--and betas trying to impress or please girls--attend. As I've said in the past, if there were no women in the world there would be no outdoor movie screenings, picnics, and other similar bullshit.

LA is diverse. This means there are some ugly-ass bitches and some scorching hot bitches--and everything in between. To compare LA to DC is fail to understand scope and breadth.

This is also a picture of LA girls:

[Image: attachment.jpg2977]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Washington, D.C. Photos

You would think the DMV would have alot better looking girls with all those schools in the area, but those are some hideous creatures in those pics

Washington, D.C. Photos

Oh man. Those pics bring back sweet memories of all the toads and swine I had to convince to sleep with me during my epic time in DC. So glad I left.

Washington, D.C. Photos

I wasn't complaining about LA. I said quality varies a lot in LA. If you don't know what you're doing, you can end up at some really sucky places. And when I'm exploring, I don't know what I'm doing. As for Cinespia, I'd heard about it from several people, and ran into a coworker who said he was going, so I figured it was mainstream. It's a little jarring how much quality varies. LA has everything, it's just a matter of finding it.

For instance, I went to a house party right on the beach today, in a town known for hotties, as the pictures below indicate, and almost all the girls were fat. Point is, you really never know until you show up. LA may be a hotbed of attractive women, but they aren't the only ones here. The obesity epidemic has made many areas uninhabitable; race, real estate costs, class, and obesity are all very strongly related here. The same event held in two neighboring areas could have wildly different levels of talent. I'm realizing if you want attractive girls, you have to go to the trendy areas, and the further you are from them, the fatter, trashier and uglier the girls will be. It also helps to be far from shitty areas, to keep the quality high.

I grew up here, and I hardly know the city; still trying to find my 'fishbowl.' I actually went out with a forum member last night, and he showed me around some spots in Venice/Santa Monica. Suffice to say, was very impressed with the quality. The douche factor was low, the ratio was even at most of the places we saw, and the girls were very attractive, well attired, and thin. Calendar wise, it was a weird night - Sunday night before a Monday holiday.

If anyone's got a good handle on the neighborhoods near the aiport, eg Venice, Culver City, Marina, Playa Vista, the South Bay etc, I'd love to hear your observations, send me a PM - my lease is coming up soon, and I'm looking to move.

And here are some photos of Hermosa Beach on July 4th. It seemed like every attractive girl in Southern California between the ages of 15 and 30 shows up in HB on July 4, in a bikini, and it's unlike anything I've ever seen.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Quote: (09-04-2011 04:56 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Check out her OK cupid story..One class act here.

Further enlightenment will stem from this highly educated chick viewing her "prime fertility years" as going up to 35, if I calculate correctly.

http://www.datemedc.com/2010/08/on-seeki...d-not.html

My understanding is fertility starts to drop at 30, then drops steeply starting at 35.

Also, don't you have to allow for 6-12 months of ramp-up time if you take her methodical, careful need for "extraordinary"? What if you meet "Mr. Adequately Extraordinary" at 32, date him for a year and are picking out curtains for your [his] heavily mortgaged house and he gets sent on a biz trip to Peru, and an 18 year-old with perfect, pert tits and a nurturing attitude does a real job on him...and you're starting over at 33.5....

That means she really should be picking someone out by, say, 30-- which is still considered too late in most world cultures

Small data sample, but:
I had a very athletic, attractive co-worker, very vigorous looking, no drugs or smoking, who started trying to get pregnant with her husband at 33. After a year, they dropped 15k out-of-pocket for IVF and they have a daughter now.

The woman, who was way too narcissistic to admit any personal defects, ended up with post-partum depression so severe she's on antidepressants and the child is a year old. The only study I found ( all women authors) assessing risk factors for post-partum depression found only age risk if the woman is too young ( as well as other obvious things like bad relationship, single motherhood, and money problems. )

.....but if you can imagine growing something inside you bigger than an American football, then shitting it out in body-and-soul wrenching agony, it sounds like something you'd rather do to your body at 25 then at 35.

But women are so crazed for an upper-middle class lifestyle with an unusually handsome guy, that they ignore physical reality.

Doubling of childlessness in last 35 years:

"An analysis of census data by the Pew Research Center, being released Friday, documents the changes in fertility rates that are driving government projections that U.S. minorities will become the majority by midcentury.

The figures show that among all women ages 40-44, about 18 percent, or 1.9 million, were childless in 2008. That's up from 10 percent, or nearly 580,000 in 1976."

The rates were between 12 percent and 14 percent for Spain, Norway, Denmark, Belgium and Sweden. Probably because they don't squeeze every drop out of life out of their workers, and the women aren't as delusional/bitchy.

Washington, D.C. Photos

The closest city you can compare to DC is SF, although I think SF still comes out on top when it comes to quality of girls. A lot of attractive white girls hang out at the Marina in SF, and the less-Abercrombie looking girls hang out at the Mission. The big difference, aside from quality, is that people in SF really like to party.

The Cinespia crowd Basilransom posted look like half the girls on OKCupid in LA. They're the geekier crowd that hang out at Bar Lubitsch in Hollywood. I went to Bar Lubitsch thinking it was going to be a Russian Vodka bar filled with Russians, but when I went in there was the typical 80s music and a group of nasty girls & beta guys dancing the most ridiculous dance together that made me asexual for one month (no joke). This cemented my realization that Yelp is a horrible place to seek advice on nightlife.

But then again, that is the worst looking crowd I've seen in LA. LA has a great amount of good looking girls, and they DEMAND game. In SD, and Latin America, I felt like I didn't need any game at all, so I completely forgot a lot of things that I'm relearning, because in LA you have to be so damn aggressive that it takes some getting used to if you've been away from it for a while. Girls actually call guys out for being gay in LA if they're not being aggressive and not shooting to get in their pants right away. I love it.

Washington, D.C. Photos

Basil makes some good points here and I hadn't quite thought of it that way. There is a ton of attractiveness segregation here. Not only by venue but by social network. But that may be true anywhere.

Ideally the best situation is to get invited to house parties by an attractive social circle.