rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To send or not to send the "double text"

A double text is when you send a text to a girl, she doesn't reply, and you decide to send another text. The first text that she didn't reply to is often not a question, but a quick statement or comment.

I really don't like sending a double text. If I leave a voicemail on a friend's phone, and he doesn't reply, I won't leave another voicemail. If I send an email to someone, and they don't reply, I don't send another email. I don't see how the medium of texting changes this basic rule of communication.

I've had experiences where sending a double text is "rewarded" with further sex/dates, but I don't feel good about doing it. Just because I send a text that is short or boring, I don't think it should be punished with no reply, and then me have to strain further to get a girl's attention. Therefore, I'm leaning towards a rule of no double texting unless I enter a relationship pattern where there are unspoken understandings. If a girl is not "scared" you won't ever contact her again because of her lack of reply then fuck her.

I don't think double texting is that demeaning. If it's a new lead and you're just trying to line a date up, sure. Though it will come off as needy and fuck your frame up even with good timing.

I would say almost never double text. I have had a few different girls hit me back a day or two later and apologize for not getting back to me. I felt this gave me a little leverage and allowed me to be more agressive in a "prove it" kind of way as I had already wrote them off 24 hours after no reply anyway. If I had double texted it would have came off as needy when they actually did have intentions of lining something up and would have damaged my frame for futute interactions.

I think it's a good rule of thumb but not something I'm dogmatic about.

I won't double text on the same day or about the same subject. If it's a girl who isn't otherwise playing games then I'll text a few days or a week later with a low stakes invite (e.g., ask her if she wants to go to something I was already planning on going to). On the other hand if she's already showing signs of disinterest or flakiness - like declining invites without offering an alternative - then I won't double text.

Not against it, but it's not a good sign if a girl doesn't get back to you before you text again. It applies equally to newbies and experienced players:

- For newbies, they may double text an hour after the first text. This implies higher neediness from the dude, when the chick may have simply not replied back yet.

- For experienced guys, they may double text a couple days or a week after first text. While the player isn't showing as much need as the newbie, the girl is clearly showing more indifference to you.

That said, I do it, though I try to time the second text where I'm out and about and not wanting a "date" as much as to meet up with me and friends...and she's more likely to be boozing.

Edit: I know you could interpret this as "no true scotsman fallacy" but at a personal level it works.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

If I know a girl is doing something that commands her attention I might send another text. I assume girls are 100% aware of incoming communication so if I send a double text it's got to have the "fuck your shit test" vibe.

Per Ardua Ad Astra | "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum"

Cobra and I did some awesome podcasts with awesome fellow members.

Agreed with the OP and most of the replies so far. I almost never double text; the lack of reply IS the reply.

The one time I will use a double text is when I asked a question or I'm waiting for confirmation on something, and I think there's a possibility she forgot about it (from time to time I'll receive a new text, get distracted by something else before I can reply, and with the text now marked as "read" it can take a while before I remember to get back to it).

In that scenario I'll send "..." and leave it at that. The ellipsis expresses your desire to receive a reply without coming off as needy or beta (assuming you've left a good amount of time between it and the initial text).

Most of the time this leads to a quick reply (usually with an apology and/or explanation as to why she needed a prompt) and the conversation resumes.

I think a 2x text is fine as long as:
1- goes with your personality. If you're super extroverted and talk over her sometimes then you sending a few extra texts wont break you.

2.- You don't send anything needy. For example, You're first text is a comment or conversation starter but not a direct question. IF 4-5hrs goes by and she hasn't replied just shoot her a "Are you still alive?" text.
(This is done with the understanding that you were having a decent back and forth with her and she randomly stops responding. Also you didn't fuck up and piss her off with a mis-calibrated text, which is what usually happens)

I do it, but only when I need to. I don't do it coming from a place of need.

Examples:

I leave a statement text as the last conversation. A few days later I text her some shit. Double text technically, but who cares.

Or:

I text her a set up text, no response. A couple days later I call. If still no response I am done. However, if I have been banging her and know her menstrual cycle and have her ovulation in my app, then I text her when she is ovulating. One last try if she has been good to me.

Or:

I text her a statement, then 15 min later I add something to the previous text. Might go triple text at this point, who knows. Go with the flow.

I agree with all of the above and traditionally I've never double texted. However lately, I've been using it as a feedback mechanism somewhat. If a girl doesn't text back, I'm assuming she's ready to move on or lost interest. I state that and ask for good honest feedback. Most of the time for me luckily, they have responded with a response. I know this may be stupid but I'd rather gather up some data points if anything rather than just having the silence do nothing for me. Also by me leaving on a non-silent friendly terms, allows me to be on their list they may recommend to potential friends down the line, kind of like networking. Yeah this may seem stupid to some but just trying out something new(at least new to me).

I just did this to a gal that didn't respond to a text I sent on Friday. I texted her on Sunday and said I haven't heard back and asked if she's moved on. She said no and reconfirmed our second date for this week. I guess we'll see what happens. If anything, she's a gourmet chef and going to prepare a kick-azz picnic basket full of goodies for movie night on the park so at least I'll get some good food out of it. LOL

But yeah generally I assume a silent non-response means she's no longer interested and to move on myself.

Quote: (07-17-2017 03:22 PM)Laner Wrote:  

If I have been banging her and know her menstrual cycle and have her ovulation in my app, then I text her when she is ovulating.

[Image: mindblown3.gif]

[Image: mindblown.gif]

I've always made a mental note on where the girl is on her menstrual cycle but I never thought of tracking it via an app. Thank you.

Quote: (07-17-2017 03:33 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

If I have been banging her and know her menstrual cycle and have her ovulation in my app, then I text her when she is ovulating.

I've always made a mental note on where the girl is on her menstrual cycle but I never thought of tracking it via an app. Thank you.

Next level shit

I don't like double texting Roosh. I don't think of any of us do.

I agree with Ensam, Heavy, who suggest sending something two or three days later with a short, casual invite if you happen to be out with friends.

"Out with some friends right now in XYZ neighborhood. Are you being a scholar tonight and studying?"

And as Laner said, a lot depends on the situation.

----

Opener

If she doesn't respond to your first text there's a 99.5% chance it's over. In three years, I've never banged a girl who didn't respond to my first text. In fact, I can't think of one instance of a girl responding to my second text, if she didn't respond to my first. It's basically a lost cause. I would only double text her if we had a very good connection in person, but my expectation is it's done.

----

After the opener

Once she responds to the first text, the rules change.

I'll double text if there's a statement I make in which I wasn't expecting a response. For example:

me: "Hey it's Jagnum. Hope the paper goes well. Was nice to meet you earlier."
her: "thank you! good luck studying for finals!"
me: "I only have one final, it shouldn't be too bad."

I have no qualms restarting a day later in this case because I wasn't expecting a response from my final text. But when I restart her, I'll be mindful that her first reply wasn't great, and the approach wasn't great, so I don't expect much out of my double text.

On the other hand, if I ask a question after her first text and she doesn't respond, I will probably not text her again.

me: "Hey it's Jagnum. Hope you finish the paper before you get sunburnt. Was nice to meet you earlier."
[just so happened both girls were writing papers when I met them]
her: "Was nice to meet you too. Didn't get any more sunburnt than I did over the weekend, so that's a positive."
me: "I think this weekend you'll be safe from the harsh sun. Any big plans? Thinking of heading out of town."

She didn't respond to my statement about the harsh sun, or my question asking whether she had, "Any big plans?" I didn't text her again. So no double text.

These are not great text game examples, just two examples I found recently on my phone that were relevant.

----

Quote: (07-17-2017 02:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

If I send an email to someone, and they don't reply, I don't send another email.

I run my own business. If I gave up after the first cold email, I'd never close some of the deals I've made.

CleanSlate has a well-written story on this forum about life lessons he learned from his father.

His father, who was 39 at the time, asked his mom, who was just 19 at the time, to marry him. He didn't ask once, get told "no" and give up. He didn't ask twice, get rejected and give up. He asked three times.

thread-51540.html

Quote: (11-07-2015 07:50 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

1. Ask Three Times. If You Get Three No’s, The Answer Will Always Be No.

Most people ask only once. One "no", they give up. A much smaller percentage would even ask a second time. After a second "no", it’s a very rare person who would ask a third time.

This doesn't mean text her three times. I interpret CleanSlate's advice to be more along the lines of—don't give up without the effort.

At the end of the day, the girls I bang reply to me quickly, they text me questions, and they respond to my statements.

An interested girl will show interest in you.

I'd double text because it's not a big deal. However, I appreciate that 4 times out of 5, it's over.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

No man has an idea how many messages even semi cute girl (HB 5) gets in a single day. The more good looking she is the more that number of daily messages goes up.

Honestly, if you were getting that same amount of messages each day, you will forget to reply to some things, even as a man.

Also remember, women's minds are almost like childen....they get real easily distracted and honestly forget things without even intending to be mean.

Half my bangs would not have happened without a few extra texts when I first met a new girl.

It's an art.

The message must stir emotion and tantalize her mind.

That's the only way it will work.

I do it instinctively. It's just a feeling I have. I might be a little psychic..

I know that she is pondering my 1st text... So, I send another text that adds depth, emotion and/or clarity. The first text opened the door in her mind, the 2nd text is meant to enter and take root.

Trust your instincts.

Go with the flow.

Sometimes, they actually want to be double texted.. They just want to see if you are willing to do it and if you can do it like a man not a boy.

Sometimes, they need to be double texted.. The 1st text proposed the idea, the 2nd text clarifies why the idea is good for her..

Again, its an art form, there is a delicate balance of timing, cadence, intensity, humor, playfulness, seriousness, wording, etc. to any effective double text.

I text her a set up text, no response. A couple days later I call. If still no response I am done. However, if I have been banging her and know her menstrual cycle and have her ovulation in my app, then I text her when she is ovulating. One last try if she has been good to me.

[Image: everyones-playing-checkers-but-ive-been-...997400.png]

Who I am is just the habit of what I always was, and who I'll be is the result

Quote: (07-17-2017 05:08 PM)Jagnum Wrote:  

Quote: (11-07-2015 07:50 PM)CleanSlate Wrote:  

1. Ask Three Times. If You Get Three No’s, The Answer Will Always Be No.

Most people ask only once. One "no", they give up. A much smaller percentage would even ask a second time. After a second "no", it’s a very rare person who would ask a third time.

This doesn't mean text her three times. I interpret CleanSlate's advice to be more along the lines of—don't give up without the effort.

At the end of the day, the girls I bang reply to me quickly, they text me questions, and they respond to my statements.

An interested girl will show interest in you.

I'd double text because it's not a big deal. However, I appreciate that 4 times out of 5, it's over.

Appreciate the shout out to my Dad post [Image: thumb.gif]

I agree the advice probably doesn't apply to texting if there was no initial investment on the girl's part. In this case, especially if I've never even met the girl, the extra effort usually leads nowhere. Once an initial investment has been made by the girl, the rules change a bit and this is where my Dad's advice begins to apply.

I completely agree with Roosh V.
It's like he entered my brain or my mind and is explaining my thoughts in words verbatim.
The way you describe can't be any better.

Some other thoughts to think about is, one of the girls that I used to game told me, "I usually ignore guys couple times, on average 3 times before texting them."
Now this was a black chick (usually ghetto, thus ignoring texts didn't bother her at all), in college of a huge party school and I would say solid 8.5. I was just friends with her and from being aloof and showing her that I can get girls (I brought some girls in front of her and she found out I was fucking different chick), she gained interested in me and stuff, but she wanted a relationship first before fucking me, so we just made out and did everything except fucking. However, she didn't fuck me, we stopped talking.

Now, when she told me that she ignores guys, I can understand where she is coming from because she is popular, gets hit on a lot when she goes out + she does go out a lot to bars and goes to a lot of parties too. I think she had a laycount of 8ish, so she was at a point of her life when she wanted to slowly move on from short-term flings and try some long-term relationships, so she was ignoring guys who only text her couple times. (which is a pretty smart move, some girls don't seem to get this after 20+ lays)

Anyways, well, then I told her, aren't you actually just filtering out the weak guys and just leaving out guys who are more playerish then? She didn't have a answer to that one.

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

I double-email in sales, and to friends, all the time.

People often mean to reply and then forget, without malice. They are happy when you remind them.

Since sales and game overlap, I can't see how the double text is a bad thing in and of itself.

Double texting works sometimes, girl may be busy and forget to reply.
There is also the other situation to gauge how much you want her.

It's hit or miss, not a definite.
Generally I wait about 2-3 days wait either text on Thursday - for plans on the weekend or Sunday - set up something later on the week.

I remember in the early-mid 2000's it was pretty standard for dating or hooking up with girls that they would text way more like what guys would compare a light version of SEA girls that get over excited and text throughout the day.

Look where we are at now. Girls used to be the needy, suffocating ones, dragging guys into commitment.

I think momentum is everything no matter your goal in life. Keeping your self vibe and respect high is paramount. If a girl isn't clearly giving at least as much as you are then the time is better spent elsewhere especially at this point in time forward for at least the near future when you have to weed through so many to find very high quality experiences that may actually affect you deeply as a man.

Any time I have sent a text and gotten no response, any energy I spent on if and when I should send the next text was not worth it in the grand scheme. If a man can just set a todo note on his phone to "txt chick brunette tall" a week or so from when she blanked and not think twice about it then it's all good.

The problem is usually the girls you care enough that they aren't texting back, you desire enough (the reason doesn't matter in the end) for it bother you no matter the outcome that they weren't making you a high priority.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

I say send an extra message or two. I've gotten girls numbers and messaged them like 3 times before they replied back and started talking. Sure, it may make you feel "beta" but if it's a lead and they are hot, why not?

What does a whatsapp message cost me? Zero, except a few seconds typing it out.

I think it's fine. Worrying about things like that and being obsessed with every move being alpha isn't cool. Be more concerned with the overall impression that you make rather than every single detail. Breaking some rules once in a while, it's not the end of the world. Once you've made a positive impression the rest is maintenance, which I don't think is hard.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/

I'll never text a girl "Hey" and wait for a reply.

I always try to plan 2 messages ahead. Like make a question or comment that will get them to be like "What is he talking about" or getting them to feel emotional, excited, etc. I want to have a little back and forth before asking them out.

For example - say it's a girl I've met day daming and I've had a brief chat with via text before. A few days later I'll restart with: "How do you like your coffee?", "Do you like taking pictures?", "Friday - you, me and this pasta [google pic of beautiful pasta dish]".

The last one is an example of not doing a back and forth before asking them out, but it has still worked well for me multiple times because it drops a bunch of baits (do you like this type of food, are you a good cook, where's your place, etc), so even when girls reject the invite we can usually still reach a middle ground to set up a date.

Pictures work really well as double texts - just a cool picture of what you're doing, who you're with, what you're eating. Hell, even a cool meme. No subtitle, just the pic.

If we have a date lined up, I'll always double text if necessary on the day to make sure it's still on.

Quote: (07-17-2017 03:33 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

I've looked around and there's a bunch. Which one do you use? Is there one that allows you to keep track of mutiple girls' cycles at once?

If they don't respond to text then I'll usually call them. It's a way of doubling down, and it that doesn't work then I drop them to preserve my dignity.

But overall, it's going to be a case by case basis.

A lot of great responses in this thread.

It's a case by case basis usually as I don't think there is a template. Some girls may deserve it, others don't (you usually know when they are blanking you for real or just busy or forgot).

I have 'lost' girls like this but I generally don't care as these girls spend 24/7 on their phones so if they ain't responding I am dropping the ball somehow. This is usually pre-bang or if I felt the connection wasn't anything worth investing too much time into.

In SMS days, it would be click bait. Click bait works for a reason. It's overplayed now though.

I personally prefer sending a pic of something relevant to our 'relationship' and if I am messaging her, outside of logistics, it's because I like her.

e.g. She has a cat, I pass by a pet store, I take a pic of those 'cute' cat socks, take a pic with a caption 'gay or not?'

She tells me she is a cyclist, I send a pic of a little pink 7 year old's bike with tassels 'I got you a ticket for tour de france on this bad boy'.

See some lego and take a pic 'next play date' followed by some BDSM 'joking, do some stretches'

Always, things that are in my surroundings, I am not driving to a pet store or bike shop for the sake of a text.

Again, because it's in my surroundings, it means it's usually infrequent.

The beauty of creating inside jokes is that they are hooks for later on so they can be used as hooks later on.

You can save pics of relevant shit as a contingency for girls you are into and want to 2nd text.

These would make good 2nd message texts, bringing her in to that mindset and also being jovial about shit.

My girlfriend is an environmentalist. In the beginning I would take pics of stupid shit like passing by Shell petrol station 'checking into the dark side' or if some water spilled on the table 'water is running out, please save'.

I ain't the biggest fan of 2nd text but to be honest, it's the price you pay to figure out if you are wasting your time or not.

Don't read too much into the 'disrespect' or 'punishment' aspect of her not replying. It might be true to an extent but I don't hold girls I am messaging as accountable as I would my best friends (who I would expect a response from).

Make it fun, spike her emotions (or trigger her) and let the chips fall where they may.

Don't let her frame suck you in. Impose your own fun shit.