rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Two quick and easy summer style tips

Summer is all about looking good, feeling good and showing your hard earned gains at the gym.

There's two quick adjustments, if we can call it that, that I've been implementing on my summer wardrobe for a couple of years now with great results.

I understand both of these are not for everyone - they're mostly geared towards urban guys who already have a grip on their style game and want to experiment with kicking it up a notch.

#1: The short sleeve roll up

Rolling short sleeves on both button down or tees is a great way to:

- Give your shirt more of a fitted look
- Improve the inverted triangle ratio of the torso
- Show your arms and vascularity
- Get your arms to breathe better
- Look more casual without giving up on style points
- Add a little spice to a regular old shirt

These are good examples of the short sleeve button up roll:

[Image: ryan-gosling-airport1.jpg]

[Image: shortsleeve224.gif]

[Image: a7e8837ae3f548012c6773268c668bb5.jpg]

[Image: b8e2e70b5f2eecb8f0681f90001b5022.jpg]

[Image: E7988_WU1672_m.jpg]

As a sidenote, I couldn't find good comparisons of what rolled vs. unrolled looked like side by side, so thought I'd give you my own and how I accessorize each using just a couple of pieces.

[Image: image.jpg]
Old faded pocket tee with a simple silver chain. I'd wear this to go to the farmer's market or run some sidewalk game. Pair it with sunglasses, raw denim (as pictured) and white sneakers.

Same as above, although it's a notch above in terms of presentation. Brazil has a very casual culture, so this is a good transitional combination for late afternoon/early evening events - key point being the presence of both light (shirt fit and fabric, white stripes, light necklace) and dark/heavier elements (shirt's blue hue, black watch, grey chino).

I've worn this to late afternoon dates (like going to an ice cream shop) and to barbecues with friends.

This outfit does well when going out at night - darker look, bolder and darker accessories. It's the same watch as above, plus a cheapo ASOS ring.

Who should avoid the roll up:

- 40+ guys, unless fit and younger looking
- Guys with ~18% body fat and beyond

Other considerations:
- The roll can be used for both day and night

- Be aware of your proportions and the proportions of your clothes. If you are a huge, muscular guy, don't go too strong on the roll - 1 or 2 rolls at most. If you're wearing a very wide neck t-shirt, keep it down as well. Contrasting (as in wide/fitted, dark/light) is excellent to a degree. After that, it can look comical.

- Don't "over-roll". The roll should go up to the end of your side delt. This is what over-rolling looks like - DON'T do it:

[Image: asos-black-tshirt-with-rolling-stones-print-and-.jpg]

[Image: asos--t-shirt-with-boat-neck-and-rolled-sleeve-p.jpg]

- Only pair the roll up with shirt/tees that have a looser torso. You don't want to look like your shirt was vacuum sealed to your body on both the sleeves and the torso area

- Personally, I just roll my sleeves and they mostly stay there. If they go down a couple of times while I'm out, I'll just fix it in a couple of seconds. If your rolls are always unravelling or you want a stronger hold, you can use a safety pin to lock it in place:

#2 The pant cuff/roll up

Like with the sleeves, this is a very straightforward adjustment. It can be done and undone in a matter of seconds.

Benefits:

- Better breathing of the lower leg and foot
- Look more casual without giving up on style points
- Look like you know a thing or two about fashion
- Can be used on a variety of looks, fabrics, fits, and for both day and night
- Good way to show your selvedge denim (if wearing it)

Good cuffs:

[Image: 8f87495ad2ec5b59474a7f1b8e749e92.jpg]

[Image: 10913_Jeans6732_Web.jpg]

[Image: Summer-_Jeans.png]

[Image: Summer-_Outfits-_For-_Men.png]

[Image: tumblr_ot0zb22_NQJ1r5jwlho1_1280.jpg]

Who should avoid the pant cuff/roll up:
Can't think of any besides severely overweight guys.

Other considerations:
- The cuff is best paired with low top shoes

- Never cuff your pants while wearing long white socks

- Go sockless or wear no-show socks

- Keep your cuff at about the height of your ankle bone, maybe two fingers above at most. Don't go too high or you'll risk looking like you're in someone else's pants:

[Image: Z-_ROW-_D-popup.jpg]

This is conventional fashion in North America.
"So 5 years ago."

The rolled up pants literally stink of an, "I'm metrosexual - but could go full gay at any moment", vibe.

No disrespect meant, but WNW. Ever.

Quote: (07-17-2017 01:53 PM)Baphomet Wrote:  

The rolled up pants literally stink of an, "I'm metrosexual - but could go full gay at any moment", vibe.

If you're not careful in North America. Dressing too good could kill your game.
Going Full GQ is going Full Gay.

"That guy puts more effort in dressing than I do." - American Woman

love the idea of tips you dont need to spend $ on to implement. thanks for posting.

Actually this isn't conventional fashion in north america. I'm at LAX right now and I see no one with properly rolled shirt/pants.

Thanks for the tips ringo. Those first 2 pictures with the shirt+ necklace are money.

Quote: (07-17-2017 03:23 PM)Balkan Wrote:  

Actually this isn't conventional fashion in north america. I'm at LAX right now and I see no one with properly rolled shirt/pants.

Thanks for the tips ringo. Those first 2 pictures with the shirt+ necklace are money.

I see it every day with the 18 year old high schoolers.

In NA america, if you dress nice, you will get dissed by underdressed guys and they will call you gay (like blue collar workers call white workers faggot)
Its the same for women. Underdressed and fat & cant buy nice clothes that fit her girls will diss nicely dressed girls, calling her whore.

Quote: (07-17-2017 03:32 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

In NA america, if you dress nice, you will get dissed by underdressed guys and they will call you gay (like blue collar workers call white workers faggot)
Its the same for women. Underdressed and fat & cant buy nice clothes that fit her girls will diss nicely dressed girls, calling her whore.

True.

Ringo, I appreciate the fashion posts. I was just thinking about this sleeve roll up before I came into the thread. Gotta show off them tri's - game changer!

The pant cuff...no way. It is out of fashion since 1793 or 1794...

[Image: attachment.jpg37219]   

Quote: (07-17-2017 01:45 PM)crdr Wrote:  

This is conventional fashion in North America.
"So 5 years ago."

It's certainly not new, when I started doing it 3 years ago it was already somewhat of a commonplace.

But I think we sometimes overlook the level most people are at - look at the some of the questions newbies pose on the Game forum.

Fashion is the same, specially because most guys are so worried about overdressing or not looking manly enough.

Having met a bunch of RVFers, one thing I can say is many could use some coaching when it comes to fashion. Guys need to take more chances.

Quote: (07-17-2017 01:53 PM)Baphomet Wrote:  

Like I said, it's definitely not for everyone.

I've had people make fun of me for it, but I don't really care. The pant cuff looks okay but feels great, that little fresh air around the ankles really makes a difference. The sleeve roll looks great and girls are immediately drawn to your arms - girls would find excuses to touch me and you can see I'm not a big guy at all.

I love making people laugh. When someone makes fun of the pant cuff, I usually say something like "Damn, you don't like it? It was a huge hit at the fishing trip". With the sleeves, something like "Buddy, I went to the gym 18 times last week, I had to do this so my arm wouldn't rip the sleeve up" followed by a grin.