rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taking Monitor On Trips

Taking Monitor On Trips

It's annoying to work solely on laptop when traveling compared to 24" or more monitor. It's definitely a possibility to just buy a monitor at each stop. However, if traveling from country to country every few months, it would be nice to bring with you. Taking in suitcase it could seem easily breakable while the rules for carry on could be somewhat restrictive from what I know.

I saw this carrying bag; it seems more for local gamers bringing from one stop to another.

Anyone successfully bring a monitor with them while traveling and how do you bring it?

Taking Monitor On Trips

Once, I bought a cheap 24 inch flat screen TV and used it as a monitor while on the road. I wrapped in my jeans and threw it in the suit case and it worked OK when i got home.

Taking Monitor On Trips

I've worked on a laptop for years and it's never bothered me. I couldn't imagine bringing a full monitor with me. I'd recommend getting a 15" macbook pro (only because of the high screen resolution) and forcing yourself to adjust.

Taking Monitor On Trips

If you need a big screen have you considered a 17" laptop? They still make a few of them

Taking Monitor On Trips

Or take a hdmi cable with you and book Airbnbs that have TVs and use the tv as a second monitor.

Taking Monitor On Trips

A thin VESA-mountable monitor + some kind of collapsible desktop VESA stand would work well, I think. Or at least a monitor with a stand that comes off and disassembles very easily.

If you kept it in the middle of a relatively robust suitcase with clothes all around it I think it would be fine. The biggest concern there is some fuckwit TSA type dumping your luggage out or digging around in it and damaging your monitor. I'd rather ship an expensive monitor + any other non-carry-on computer equipment from place to place than deal with airport security and baggage handling. But I'm used to US air travel; maybe things are different elsewhere.

Taking Monitor On Trips

If you use a mobile that runs on android, get a new Samsung S8 and try Dex:

two scoops
two genders
two terms

Taking Monitor On Trips

When I still traded sports for a living I used this baby here: https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-MB169B-1920x...B013XFJKGI

Works like a charm and is very light and easy to transport. Not too big but combined with a notebook good enough.

Taking Monitor On Trips

Why not simply sell that monitor / TV before leaving the country?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Taking Monitor On Trips

Disappointment when I realized this thread was about traveling with a computer monitor and not this:

[Image: hades.jpg]

(that's a monitor lizard for those of you in Rio Linda)

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Taking Monitor On Trips

A 20" monitor runs about $80usd these days. Unless you're moving on a weekly basis its just much easier to buy a new one in each place.

I'd happily pay $80 every couple of months not to have to deal with carrying a monitor through airports.

Plus giving a monitor as a present to someone every time you leave a country will leave you with plenty of good karma around the world for a couch to crash on if you need to at some point in the near future.

Taking Monitor On Trips

Is it a matter of needing a bigger screen or simply needing a second monitor?

Taking Monitor On Trips

[Image: giphy.gif]

Taking Monitor On Trips

To be comfortable, I like to use a big screen-laptop, plus an external keyboard.

I put some stuff under the laptop so the screen is roughly at the height of my eyes.

Voila.

Good posture:

[Image: presbytie-ordinateur-portable.jpg]

Bad posture and sweaty balls:
[Image: presbytie-ordinateur-portable-position.jpg]

Taking Monitor On Trips

Quote: (07-19-2017 06:45 AM)balybary Wrote:  

[Image: presbytie-ordinateur-portable.jpg]

WB.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Taking Monitor On Trips

I recently flew a 7 hour flight with a 50 inch flat screen tv, a older model that was pretty heavy. I just threw it in a cardboard box with padding and wrapped it with tape and marked it fragile. TV came with no issued.

Taking Monitor On Trips

This, is, a, thread, about, traveling, screens.

Taking Monitor On Trips

+1 buy a bigger laptop.

Taking Monitor On Trips

In Soviet Russia, monitor takes you on trip.

Taking Monitor On Trips

I use this small portable monitor which you just plug into your USB. It easily fits in a suitcase.

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-E1649FWU-16-I...CD+Monitor

Rico... Sauve....

Taking Monitor On Trips

If you simply need a second monitor, you can use an iPad with the app 'Duet'.

Granted it's not much space but it worked for me in a pinch at times last year.

Now I have a monitor, ha!

Taking Monitor On Trips

Do you even HDMI or DP cable bro ?

[Image: DP-MM-3.jpg]

Taking Monitor On Trips

Quote: (07-20-2017 12:54 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

I use this small portable monitor which you just plug into your USB. It easily fits in a suitcase.

https://www.amazon.com/AOC-E1649FWU-16-I...CD+Monitor

Excellent...I need two monitors to be productive, so I have to take an additional monitor with me when I want to get of the house and work elsewhere (library or somewhere similar). The downside is I have to take two bags with me when I do that.

Sounds like this monitor will easily fit into my laptop bag.

Taking Monitor On Trips

A bigger screen is what I'm looking for.

Quote: (07-18-2017 09:49 AM)This Is Trouble Wrote:  

Is it a matter of needing a bigger screen or simply needing a second monitor?

Taking Monitor On Trips

Putting a monitor or TV in some sort of box and hope it doesn't get damaged or stolen is another reasonable idea. Did you get an excessive weight charge? If so, how much did they charge you?

Quote: (07-19-2017 10:01 AM)CaptainChardonnay Wrote:  

I recently flew a 7 hour flight with a 50 inch flat screen tv, a older model that was pretty heavy. I just threw it in a cardboard box with padding and wrapped it with tape and marked it fragile. TV came with no issued.