rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it rational / meaningful to force yourself to do 1000 approaches to learn game?

Is it rational / meaningful to force yourself to do 1000 approaches to learn game?

I got myself this challenge of approaching 1000 hot girls in something more than one year. Started 10 days ago and did only 13 approaches so far. In the last days got stale because I'm back to the city where I work and I'm somewhat inhibited to do approaches alone here.

I'm new to the forum btw. Been a lurker for years actually. But only now wanted to start posting because I'm starting to get this getting laid thing very seriously. Until now I just cared about having fun and being a general asshole and got laid passively but never could take the hassle to do the actual approaches because it was "beta" in my head to actually talk to a girl instead of making out within 10 seconds of meeting

Quote: (07-06-2017 04:28 PM)danjerzone Wrote:  

I'm new to the forum btw. Been a lurker for years actually. But only now wanted to start posting because I'm starting to get this getting laid thing very seriously. Until now I just cared about having fun and being a general asshole and got laid passively but never could take the hassle to do the actual approaches because it was "beta" in my head to actually talk to a girl instead of making out within 10 seconds of meeting

So...how often would you say you've made out with girls 10 sec after meeting? Please elaborate how

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Yes, with a caveat. 1000 approaches is generally considered an important competency level in daygame (I don't really do night game, somebody who does can talk about it better than I can.

If you do 1000 approaches and fail to integrate the feedback from them into what you do, you're engaging in avoidance. The number isn't really the important part here. What's important is the information you gain from the 1000 approaches.

If you're not fucking her, someone else is.

...can you also elaborate on how you want to learn game without approaching?

Asking fewer questions and taking more action has always worked for me. Everyone's answer is his own, and you're only going to know what yours is by trying.

Quote: (07-06-2017 04:36 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

So...how often would you say you've made out with girls 10 sec after meeting? Please elaborate how

not often but most of them came from clubbing and such or using drugs. But making out has nothing to do with sex tho.
Last one I made out withing a few minutes was for 3 months at a graduation party where this girl was drunk and actually approached me with her friend and said I'm cute. I started saying some bs and caressing her ass then isolated her and kissed her all in about 1-2 minutes.

But I want to learn how to actually approach strangers alone and escalate from there. I've heard about stories of guys actually asking for sex to strangers and getting them. I don't know how much looks matter in this case or how much horniness and ability to communicate it matters but it never happened to me. I would be content with actually getting some plates from cold approaches I do alone at the city

Quote: (07-06-2017 04:55 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

Yes, with a caveat. 1000 approaches is generally considered an important competency level in daygame (I don't really do night game, somebody who does can talk about it better than I can.

If you do 1000 approaches and fail to integrate the feedback from them into what you do, you're engaging in avoidance. The number isn't really the important part here. What's important is the information you gain from the 1000 approaches.

I plan to do some sort of diary for myself and then maybe post some approaches on the forum and get some feedback hopefully

Quote: (07-06-2017 04:36 PM)PapayaTapper Wrote:  

I agree with yhis statement: Dude is capable of 10s meeting kiss but want to do 1000 approaches to "Learn Game" ?

[Image: latest?cb=20160605033409]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

Quote: (07-06-2017 04:22 PM)danjerzone Wrote:  

I got myself this challenge of approaching 1000 hot girls in something more than one year. Started 10 days ago and did only 13 approaches so far. In the last days got stale because I'm back to the city where I work and I'm somewhat inhibited to do approaches alone here.

Yes, it definitely is rational and meaningful approaching 1000 girls to get the experience and become better. Don't go with the mindset of "hot girls only" mindset, especially in day game. Approach any girl you'd bang. You will soon realize that it doesn't matter that a girl is hot or not if you can't even be engaging and cool enough for even the average girls to talk with you for half a minute without thinking you're a creep. Seriously, you have to lower your bar in the beginning. I think i'm nearing 50 day game approaches and I got close to getting 2 girls only. And I look good, for real.

By the way even if you approached hot girls only, it could take years before running into 1000 hot girls in day game, depending on where you are.

Make progress with women a habit - read a game book every day even if it's 15 pages, approach as often as possible, download RSD stuff for free on piratebay, etc. Dudes like RSD Tyler and RSD Todd say they approached 5 girls a day in day game for like really long periods of time. You'd have to get even more experience to be that pro

I think this guy is ESL and by 'making out' he means 'ejecting from the set'

The answer is no.

Approaching 1,000 women will not teach you game.

You'll get laid more, sure, but that's based on statistics and putting yourself out there.

True game doesn't happen at a conversational level.

As it was put in law 4 of 48 laws of Power:

Quote:Quote:

The More You Say, The More Common You Appear

True game will take you five years of busting your ass in the gym, eating, studying human behavior, not giving a fuck, and developing yourself into something that cannot be broken. When you finally get there, you'll know it. You'll feel it when you walk down the street and you'll see how easy it is to fuck a woman, without even speaking a word to her.

As others have said here and I'm sure all over the forum, including to me, is that it isn't the number of approaches. It is what you learn and how you progress based on each one. You could do 10 approaches all year and raise your game substantially more than doing 100 without the proper reflection and learning.

I have done day game for basically all of my notches since getting in the game. I'd say at least 80% of them. Approaching should be done first and foremost to destroy approach anxiety. I am not saying I don't get nervous at all, but at this point I probably have nearly zero approach anxiety in a day game scenario. I don't know how many approaches I've done overall over the years, but I've recorded the past 2 months and in that time I've done 300-350. Maybe all time I've done 1000-2000. One thing to keep in mind about approach anxiety is that if you force it to go away, but you stop for a given time, you will feel it again when you start up again, although you it will go away much more quickly and you will further destroy it with time when you begin approaching again.

A major point that I want to make based on your initial post is that you need to pick up the pace. At the rate you are going it will take you 3 years to do those approaches. By the end of this year I intend to try to average 1000 approaches in 3-4 months. You will not learn nearly as much in a given time by doing few approaches, although you may learn more from a given approach because you will have so much time to reflect on it. You should make a goal of doing at least 5 a day if possible, and bump that up to 10 a day once the 5 becomes easy enough. For the most part, given that you are in a big enough city, this means you have to either dedicate a certain amount of time in your day to go out and approach or you have to approach every girl you would bang during the course of your day, and preferably both of these strategies.

The only trouble with doing this many approaches in a short time is that when your percentage of approach to number goes up you will not push as hard with each number. I can't be sure how many lays I've lost because I stopped pursuing girls that weren't too responsive early on after they gave me their number. In the past I would call each new number and potentially talk for an hour, lately I just send a short text and only pursue things if they follow up and are responsive. At this point sometimes I go 5-6 days after getting the number and just send a short text.

Also, I started a thread a while ago about how many approaches it would take to get 1000 notches just to get opinions. I thought it was possible to get 1 in 5 girls to sleep with me as a normal guy (not famous, super rich, etc.) but with all other factors maxed out (great body, decent to handsome face, own apartment/house in a good area, etc). Some guys mentioned that basically 1 in 20 cold approaches to lays is the higher end and maybe upper limit for a normal guy. I'm not sure how true that is just yet, but I will say that in a place like America it is potentially very true. That 1 in 20 would be 5%, and I am currently around 1-3%, although I have many things holding me back (live with parents, out of shape, etc.).

I would say do 5-10 approaches a day as much as possible, and work on doing anything you can to make your approach to lay percentage 5%. By that time you will at the very least be intermediate with game.

True game will take you five years of busting your ass in the gym, eating, studying human behavior, not giving a fuck, and developing yourself into something that cannot be broken. When you finally get there, you'll know it. You'll feel it when you walk down the street and you'll see how easy it is to fuck a woman, without even speaking a word to her.

+1

I'm slim. I consider myself slightly above average in terms of looks. Last year, when I had my shit together and was in the top of my mood. I had this masculine energy flowing through my veins like never before. For the first time in my life-time, I felt this huge sexual energy various women were giving to me. Yes, dozen of them in just one day. I thought to myself how easy would be to approach when they are eye-fucking you and you just basically have to approach and say 'Hi, I'm lonewolf'.

No. Just no. Please don't go and harass, annoy and intimate 1000 women.

It will just teach you to be a insensitive psychopath and lower the quality of life for out daughters, mothers and wives/girlfriends.

You will learn, grow and have great success if you first learn the subtle art of noticing a woman's IOS, and then having the balls to act on them.

To get more of these and higher conversion rates, make the best version of yourself (eat, lift, dress) and learn social skills, conversation skills, and be interesting, confident and mate worthy.

Spam socially awkward approaches top uninterested women is not a learning or growth path.

Who said anything about 1000? Start with 10, then 100.

Improving your game really depends on where you are what your weaknesses are.

For most beginners, they can improve the most from getting over approach anxiety. If you do 100 approaches and 50 result in mild conversations, 40 in rejections, and 10 in a number, that is something to work on. you can review your notes and analyze what topics worked well and which didn't. And you internalize the fact that the worst case scenario is usually just a polite no. Getting that first 100 gives you the confidence to approach more. This improves your game if approach anxiety was your weakness. But if your problem was you were a prick to begin with, all it will do is make 100 women aware of how much of a prick you are.

Neil Strass in The Game wrote a lot about getting started, the 3 second rule, indications of interest, proximity, etc. He also recorded his conversations so he could play them back and learn from them.

If your goal is to get better at banging chicks, then yes.

How is this even a question? Unless you're autistic, you're going to learn something from talking to 1000 women and fucking a bunch of them.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (07-06-2017 10:41 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

The answer is no.

Approaching 1,000 women will not teach you game.

You'll get laid more, sure, but that's based on statistics and putting yourself out there.

True game doesn't happen at a conversational level.

As it was put in law 4 of 48 laws of Power:

The More You Say, The More Common You Appear

yes, this is right, but as I said, I was a lurker long time (not of this forum actually) but I've been into this kind of stuff for at least 6 years, when I got a girlfriend who really fucked up with my mind and I basically read the whole heartiste blog and still follow it daily (don't like the political speak tho), saw the origins of rollo tomassi's blog and read it for a long time until it started getting too boring, and loved roosh's blog who is also the one guy who motivated me to learn german and to move to germany and start traveling (I still don't like the whole political views and mgtow speak but that's because I'm european and I don't have to do with feminism and the whole american political system). I read a lot of stuff about game and human behavior. Also the sosuave forums at the day and other minor blogs. In the last 3 years I got more into the looks department and started hanging out in looks forums which are sadly filled with people full of hate and are not really people you want to take advice from nor motivate you to do anything.

That said I've had my experience with women without having to talk to them but I realize that the biggest factor wasn't the knoweledge of game and social dynamics but was actually how I was feeling at the moment. For example I did mdma twice and both times I could fully understand what game was all about. It is more a matter of how your brain is functioning at the moment. I don't know if I had internalized all the game teaching and if that was doing the trick but I think not. Other times when I was feeling like shit even if I was using game and using high value I'd come off as too strong or asocial or whatever. It is more a matter of retrospective reframing about the actual emotions that you are sharing in a determinate interaction with a third party which then put you a label on your behavior.

I've also been a gym rat and it has done wonders. But I always think it would have been much better doing team sports during developmental years, which build you a body that lasts you for your whole life

Quote: (07-07-2017 12:56 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

It will just teach you to be a insensitive psychopath and lower the quality of life for out daughters, mothers and wives/girlfriends.

You will learn, grow and have great success if you first learn the subtle art of noticing a woman's IOS, and then having the balls to act on them.

To get more of these and higher conversion rates, make the best version of yourself (eat, lift, dress) and learn social skills, conversation skills, and be interesting, confident and mate worthy.

Spam socially awkward approaches top uninterested women is not a learning or growth path.

Thanks, I've always thought this but the problem is that not always you get IOIs from women even when they would give them.

Having moved in a country where I'm a foreigner, I don't get to go out often with a social circle of single guys interested in getting poosay. Meaning I don´t get often in places where it is socially acceptable for a girl to give you iois (bars, clubs). I get IOIs when I´m at these places because I´m good looking enough and not a total retard who stands there with a sad expression. The point that I´m saying is that I´d like to learn to approach girls and see how they react, and then eventually reject if I notice they get pissed, but not waiting for them to look at me or smile at me.

This is also a cultural thing. I was recently in sweden and women there look at you a lot. But for example in germany they look at strangers much less on the street. In switzerland you could be brad pitt walking and they would never glance at you but would walk with their heads straight and like if they have a broom sticked up from their anus to their throat. In portugal you would get women actually approaching you and doing all the talk.

Quote: (07-06-2017 06:10 PM)jabberbabewocky Wrote:  

Quote: (07-06-2017 04:22 PM)danjerzone Wrote:  

Yes, it definitely is rational and meaningful approaching 1000 girls to get the experience and become better. Don't go with the mindset of "hot girls only" mindset, especially in day game. Approach any girl you'd bang. You will soon realize that it doesn't matter that a girl is hot or not if you can't even be engaging and cool enough for even the average girls to talk with you for half a minute without thinking you're a creep. Seriously, you have to lower your bar in the beginning. I think i'm nearing 50 day game approaches and I got close to getting 2 girls only. And I look good, for real.

By the way even if you approached hot girls only, it could take years before running into 1000 hot girls in day game, depending on where you are.

Make progress with women a habit - read a game book every day even if it's 15 pages, approach as often as possible, download RSD stuff for free on piratebay, etc. Dudes like RSD Tyler and RSD Todd say they approached 5 girls a day in day game for like really long periods of time. You'd have to get even more experience to be that pro

Thanks, this is what I wanted to hear. I posted the question on the forum more to get motivation than for anything else.
I also thought I should start approaching girls who I like less, but I´ve also noticed I function better at conversation with girls who give me boners and somehow they also feel me much better. With other girls I´m less motivated and they´d feel that and probably flake more.

Yes, I don't know where your starting point is, but I know some dudes who just had like almost 0 friends and a virgin, they have done like 2k approaches, and their social skills were like crazy amazing, and they banged at least 10+ chicks.

But you have to put in the work, watch more videos, meet more wings, analyze ,etc.

RSD Jeff said this, "First couple hundred approaches don't even count."

"Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner."
- Heat

"That's the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small, I wanna win big."

http://www.rooshv.com/one-approach-a-day

Didnt read thread...

Focus on "states of being" and use the 1000 interactions to guage what states are more profitable (enjoyable & giving probable favorable experiences)

Look at this more of self-discovery than getting laid as "gettinf laid" is a byproduct of BEING a guy who appeals to women in general.

This is why techniques, doing specific shit, and overall processes are many times "chicken fodder" as the internal modifications aren't being looked at.

20 girls blow you out it's YOUR ISSUE...Few girls happen to not like a way you're being that A HANDFUL (say 10) found neutral to enjoyable...Explore it more, you might just be lackinf depth and will see over time as new data comes in.

This is legit like a blind man mapping out NYC. You find the layout of the general street then explore all the different buildings (states of being) then continue to workout the floors and push the limits of those states to gain new breakthroughs.

Before you know it you can run the block & buildings blind because of past experiences. You didn't intellectually hear about it, you personally explored it.

If you realize you have many lessons to learn on each approach and that a bull-headed putting your head down to work without paying attention method doesn't work. Purposeful work and intent is big, know why you're doing what you're doing.

"The price of being a man is eternal vigilance." - Kareem-Abdul Jabar

Quote: (07-07-2017 03:32 PM)danjerzone Wrote:  

Quote: (07-07-2017 12:56 AM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Thanks, I've always thought this but the problem is that not always you get IOIs from women even when they would give them.

Having moved in a country where I'm a foreigner, I don't get to go out often with a social circle of single guys interested in getting poosay. Meaning I don´t get often in places where it is socially acceptable for a girl to give you iois (bars, clubs). I get IOIs when I´m at these places because I´m good looking enough and not a total retard who stands there with a sad expression. The point that I´m saying is that I´d like to learn to approach girls and see how they react, and then eventually reject if I notice they get pissed, but not waiting for them to look at me or smile at me.

This is also a cultural thing. I was recently in sweden and women there look at you a lot. But for example in germany they look at strangers much less on the street. In switzerland you could be brad pitt walking and they would never glance at you but would walk with their heads straight and like if they have a broom sticked up from their anus to their throat. In portugal you would get women actually approaching you and doing all the talk.

Good Lord...you must be really good looking then...

I'll share this:

https://rivsdiary.wordpress.com/2017/07/...of-pickup/

“The very thought of seducing women for fun and not lust is creepy to me, but I have no choice but to acknowledge that I’m doing that on some level. But it’s fun as hell. Come to think of it, there’s nothing else I find interesting.” –ShanksNes

for me, one of the greatest thrills of my life has been learning how to cold approach. #daygame has changed my life. game, daygame, pick-up, redpill — all of the above.

and i think that the thrill, the joy, the rush, the excitement of talking to girls *is* more than just about sex. it’s about overcoming fears, breaking down barriers, feeling more powerful. that’s what is so intoxicating about pickup, that feeling that “power is growing, that resistance is being overcome”, to quote nietzsche.

women are scary. beautiful women are scary as fuck. overcoming that fear of just *talking* to them is HUGE. and actually banging them, well, it’s a thrill much bigger than just the thrill of sexual pleasure.

it’s the thrill of becoming A MORE POWERFUL MAN.

viva game!

But Linux is partly right - guys like Rivelino as well as many others don't have to do 1000 uninformed approaches. You study the works of those that did the thousands of approaches and condensed their knowledge into books and other products. Combined with that you come up with a much faster learning curve, but the curve is still the way of approaches. Working on your looks and some financial means to improve logistics and social standing - that helps as well, but frankly there are hundreds of millions of well-off men who get outbanged fifty-fold by broke guys with Game.