rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Abundance and Female Mate Selection

This is my current thinking on women's mate selection in the current environment in The West, developing countries and the past. No questions, but am interested in others' ideas.

In the social-genetic construct we live in, when an individual comes into abundant resources they tend to opt to invest the surplus in their own luxury. They don't typically find ways to secure themselves, ways to help other people, or ways to make themselves a better person – they spend it on holidays, women/men, luxury items, nights out. This phenomena is most pronounced when you are born into abundance and never really have to struggle and truly value what you have. It's created circumstances in which people turn up with expectations of a minimum bottom that inherently exists without a finger having to be lifted.

It's not long ago that things were different. My mother was married at 17 and got nothing but oranges and nuts for Christmas, her parents were married after having met a handful of times and her mother didn't have running water until 1986, her grandfather died in WWII and great-grandfather had his throat ripped out when he fell into the gears of his mill – leaving the family to be headed by a 15 year old boy. They were tough people who had to work for everything they got. The girls weren't interested in any old guy who cockily presented himself. They had the impetus to weed out those who couldn't offer them a better life and they chose well.

The way I think of it is that women in The West today have largely been disconnected from any knowledge of how resources that see to not only their needs but luxury appear: mummy and daddy buy a car, phone, house, wardrobe...; mummy/maid do the washing and cleaning; government provides education, heath care, unemployment insurance…

When a woman doesn't feel she has to worry about the provision of her needs, she will likely opt for luxury. In the sphere of selecting mates rather than selecting a stable provider she will seek men who are exciting, spontaneous, reckless, have social status, know how to say things that make her feel incredible (game) - superficial things things that will probably last 6 months at best.

In times past and in much of the world today selecting a man was arguably the most important decision a woman would make in her life. It could mean the difference between poverty and abundance. And that's why women in certain countries are so much more receptive – you're probably at least a needs providing instrument, if not a luxury providing instrument. In those countries life is still so hard and unpredictable that women will choose you based on solid traits, rather than how you can sweet talk them. They can see all around them the consequences of women who make bad decisions choosing men, while in The West those mistakes are carefully swept out of sight by the government.

And this is why those on this board who have said words to the effect of, “It's currently the golden age of game in The West.” are right. To get the status of a stable provider (rich) requires the most effort and is the avenue in life you're most likely to end up with less than you put in at the end. If you start a fitness routine, within a several months you can be in the top several percent with relatively little input; you go out shopping and you can improve your style with little input; follow advice from here and elsewhere and you will become better at communicating with women… In all these areas and others, you put in work and the results will come. But to acquire economic status you have to put in huge amounts of work (often at the expense of virtually every other area of your life), often large amounts of capital all for the promise that you might get more than you put in eventually. Most businesses fail, either quickly or within about ten years and most of those that don't fail don't make that much. Economic status was historically and is in many parts of the world today a linchpin of a male's desirability. That it is now to a great degree now irrelevant to young (highest value) women is the reason why it's currently the golden age of game in The West. You don't have to do the most difficult thing a man can do – become rich – to be a top tier guy. Do what you can with your appearance. Most people can hit 7.5 when they shave down to sub-12% body fat, increase the value of your social circle, read the literature and work on your communication. That's the road to being seen as a high value male to many hot, young women. They now feel they can indulge in the luxury of the game you excite them with. This has never really existed before to any considerable extent.

To a large extent game is a mimic, a mirage, a game. It's the appearance of something intangible that used to be backed up by things more tangible. It plays on womens' primordial drives in a way that most are too uncultivated to realise. Both confidence and social status have, for most of human history, been the preserve of a small few at the top of largely monopolistic, top-down resource distribution hierarchies. Now the later is to a considerable extent gone in The West and people are generally not struggling for resources it's led to the creation of decentralised social hierarchies and baseless confidence. Social status used to be either earned by achievement or bestowed by birth and the parameters in which this happened were relatively fixed an universal throughout practically all of society. Now you can achieve social status through a number of means (some of which provide little real value) and there are sub-cultures which value different traits. An alpha used to be someone who lead, who carried the fate of the tribe/society. They (hopefully) provided protection and a stable environment and those beneath him supported his right to lead. This is serious stuff and the basis of our painfully slow evolution from the swamp to the stars. Now an alpha is often someone who chooses which pub/bar to go to. His value is he leads around a directionless bunch of guys who will eventually all loose their social status in the considerable mirage of social status that exists under the age of 30. My father was a leader of one of these groups. When he was young he was the guy about town and had plenty of hit girlfriends. Fast-forward 40 years and the mirage of his baseless confidence has evaporated and the girlfriends replaced with endless signups to white label bang a granny dating sites. He was a leader of a group of guys and that's where he derived his confidence from. But there was nothing solid holding that group of guys in place. He invested all his efforts into areas that ultimately bore no lasting fruit.

The modern “alpha” often provides little more than excitement, mimics and mirages. Game doesn't provide any real, lasting value to women and many of them go through their 20s before that sinks in. Let that sink in. After a decade of excitement followed by heartbreak, she decides she wants to settle down and give a bit of consideration to the boring, stable betas whose attention she cast off for so long. But the problem is that now she's 30, a lot of them have been siphoned off and that the interest she gets is from increasingly older men.

There's also the type of women who get to ~30 and think it's possible to find the excitement of the alpha/mimic combined with the resources, stability and appreciation of the moneyed beta. This was embodied by a woman I was talking to recently: 29, 7.5, slightly trashy. She complained that the last 10 years of her life have been filled with guys who either just want to fuck her or move in pretty much straight away. Hasn't found out that the longer she keeps rebuffing these stable offers, the quicker all offers of any kind will dry up as her looks evaporate in her 30s.

My thinking is that any young guy who wants to invest in game should do so with consideration for the future. I look at the guys who were the “guys about town” when I was younger and they all look pretty crumpled now. The confidence is gone, the game is gone, the girls are gone, 9-5 menial jobs etc. The main one recently had to beg to keep his job brining bits of metal people have ordered in a shop as he was coming in too late in lieu of his drinking, he has an average looking girlfriend and child, he looks shit and spends a lot of his time posting on SlaveBook about how unfair life is because of the FUCKING TORRIES! & how great Marxism and Jeremey Corbyn is. When your alpha status is a mirage, zeta faggotry is but a breath a away.

So what are you going to do about it?

Interesting post but a bit long and I am not quite sure there is a point that can be summarised, therefore not sure what to respond/add to.

Quote: (06-29-2017 06:25 PM)kavi Wrote:  

Interesting post but a bit long and I am not quite sure there is a point that can be summarised, therefore not sure what to respond/add to.

Let me give it a shot.

Don't be a paper alpha. Don't just memorize lines and dress flashy.

Do all the hard shit that Roosh & co. advise: hit the gym, develop your own business, travel, etc.

Girls have a wall, and so do guys. Figure out what you'd need to be an alpha when you're 40 and start doing that shit now.

"I'm not worried about fucking terrorism, man. I was married for two fucking years. What are they going to do, scare me?"

Just FYI, when you post a wall of text, spend a few minutes cleaning it up with some bold, italic, underline, callouts. It makes it much easier to read.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Good post, especially this: "When a woman doesn't feel she has to worry about the provision of her needs, she will likely opt for luxury. In the sphere of selecting mates rather than selecting a stable provider she will seek men who are exciting, spontaneous, reckless, have social status, know how to say things that make her feel incredible (game) - superficial things things that will probably last 6 months at best."

I was watching Band of Brothers recently, and there was a scene where they shaved the heads of the women who slept with the Nazis. Which gets you thinking about the fact that there were women who slept with the Nazis. I guess they wanted to secure resources, or perhaps jumped to the Nazis when the current guys with social status lost their status (or were killed or sent to the concentration camps).

Also reminds me of a friend, nice guy, very social, very bright, started his own business and is financially very successful. But short, pudgy, and pasty, mid 40s. He got divorced and met, and then married, a 32-year old former swimsuit model. Right now he is happy but he doesn't realize he found a former carousel rider.

If you want a TLDNR its:

Females don't have to pick stable, loyal hard working provider men anymore.

They can go for good looking, funny, cocky or peacocky men.

If you want to get laid, learn game.

Even in "the olden days" only one of those guys in the pack was the alpha. The rest were by definition beta.

Currently the term alpha is applied more broadly because most of our social circles are far less centralised and we tend not to roam about in packs any more. The term alpha typically now extends to any guy that can manage to get laid to a different woman more than once a month. While some of you big-shot ballers might laugh at such a low number, you should be well aware of the percentage of guys out there that would be thrilled just to get their dick wet to a new 5 annually.

OP is correct on some points. A guy needs to be realistic about when he's going to bail on trying to gather new notches. While a woman progressively lowers in SMV from the time she's 16 a man can reliably peak at 30 or even later, particularly if there's a sense about him that he's been successful with women (while a 30yo woman who looks like she has lots of notches will simply be presumed to be a saggy titted STD warehouse).

Beyond that, if you have a group of guys and you play a leadership role in that group it cannot be stressed how precious a resource that is. A leader of such a group needs to keep the members together to the best of his ability and direct that team appropriately. Internet brotherhoods cannot hold a candle to the real deal.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (06-29-2017 03:32 PM)gework Wrote:  

The modern “alpha” often provides little more than excitement, mimics and mirages. Game doesn't provide any real, lasting value to women and many of them go through their 20s before that sinks in. Let that sink in. After a decade of excitement followed by heartbreak, she decides she wants to settle down and give a bit of consideration to the boring, stable betas whose attention she cast off for so long. But the problem is that now she's 30, a lot of them have been siphoned off and that the interest she gets is from increasingly older men.

This is a great synopsis. That's why raising women the right (traditional) way will at least in general give them sound footing to understand when they are being played; when they can recall and sound the BS alarm that their fathers or other reliable male advisors (brothers, etc) taught them to utilize. An overwhelmingly secular society without faith as its backbone tends to lose men and therefore lose this same family structure.

The mini TL;DR of my post is that it takes major training and values for a woman to rebuff or defend against the sneaky hindbrain tingles that are so seductive yet illusory. Or it takes 10 years (age 20-30), lol

And that's why we're here, posting, isn't it? [Image: tdcs.gif]

Quote: (06-29-2017 05:11 PM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

So what are you going to do about it?

I'm leaving The West, which I initially decided to do for business/internationalisation and philosophical reasons. But since I have joined the forum and looked into a few other things I've realised more of the societal and personal causes as to my abysmal track record with women.

Recently I took the Big Five Personality traits test, which has the following measures:

Openness to experience: (inventive/curious vs. consistent/cautious)
Conscientiousness: (efficient/organized vs. easy-going/careless)
Extraversion: (outgoing/energetic vs. solitary/reserved)
Agreeableness: (friendly/compassionate vs. challenging/detached)
Neuroticism: (sensitive/nervous vs. secure/confident)

And came out as very high in the traits that would lead you to being financially successful: inventive, efficient, challenging and confident; but very low in those ones that will lead you to being successful with women in The West: outgoing, friendly.

Here in the UK (which I read here is probably the worst place for women) it's difficult for me to get access to the more attractive women due to my personality and low status social circle. I just haven't developed the tools that would make that a bit easier and didn't even know they existed until recently. Holding the attention of your average directionless 7.5 is difficult for me here. But I found from being in foreign countries it is pretty easy to get obvious interest from 8s just for existing.

I've been working chronically since I was 19. When my friends were asking me to go out and "get fucked" on drugs and booze, I said "No." and was in the office working until 11 PM. So I have the finance thing down pretty good and have kept in shape. I don't want to have to piss about trying to strain out a 7.5 from a ton of encounters. Every day I spend doing that is essentially $1,500 in lost current and future income. I just want to show up an be assessed as having some valuable traits and see that I'm immediately an option rather than seeing walls of indecision. To get that here I have two options: put considerable time and effort into game/social at the expense of other areas of my life or lower the bar to 6.5. Or I could go and live in other countries where it's much cheaper to live and have instant options. So it's a no brainer that it seems many on this forum have also chosen. I realise I need to put in some more work and thought as to my very low game attributes. But the focus of my life is to become wealthier and that requires considerable sacrifice in other areas, which I think should be offset by the difficulty and rarity of wealthy men. But if you're in The West and you have a personality like mine, you really don't get a whole lot of choice and you're probably going to have to work quite hard for it.