rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Technical Glitch on the Forums?

Hi guys,

Sorry to post this here but before e-mailing Roosh I wanted to see if anybody else has been experiencing some technical problems when posting on the forums. Specifically:

- You tube video blinks and I cant see them.

- The cursor goes automatically to the bottom of every post, de facto making it impossible to scroll up or amend any post.

I use Mozilla but switched to Explorer to see if the issue was browser related, still, the problem is still there. Anybody else is experiencing funky behavior when trying to post, edit, scroll up or down on the forums?

Thanks,

Oblivion

I have had this problem for the last 24 hours. I tried using 3 different computers, pcs and mac, but is still there.

Same youtube problem here at home and at work.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

It's only happening on threads with an embedded Youtube video, isn't it?

I've duplicated the same problem in Firefox 6. On pages without an embedded video, the page is fine. Can everyone confirm this?

Quote:Quote:

I tried using 3 different computers, pcs and mac, but is still there.

Which browsers?

Also I'm using Chrome and have not experienced the problem. Anyone getting it with Chrome?

I want to collect as much information on it as possible before going to the Mybb forum programmers with the problem.

Quote: (09-01-2011 01:47 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Also I'm using Chrome and have not experienced the problem. Anyone getting it with Chrome?

I want to collect as much information on it as possible before going to the Mybb forum programmers with the problem.

I tried using a mac (Safari), then one two pcs (using Explorer and Mozilla).
I noticed it happening in the last 24 hours on the thread FIRST DATE LOGISTICS IN CAR CITIES VS NON CAR CITIES. Such thread doesnt NOT have an embedded video.

What I experience is that the cursor is pushed to the bottom of the post, over and over, every time I tried to scroll up or edit or highlight something previously posted. Even now, while I'm typing it keeps doing it. For instance, if I wanted to edit the first paragraph of this post I would have to fully erase the second paragraph and retype it to avoid the cursor would just move down to the bottom.

I'll test a few other things, to diagnose the issue. Hopefully we can single out a pattern.

Even in threads without embedded youtube, with Firefox 6.0.1 at least while editing there's limited ability to highlight text with the mouse --you drag it down and it loses cursor mid drag. If you attempt to highlight and hit Backspace to Delete, it again drops cursor before you highlight all the text you want. It also has a way of popping out of cursor highlight mode so your backspace is interpreted as a browser instruction instead of an editing session function, causing you to instead backspace to the previous webpage you were at before you started editing.

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (09-01-2011 04:05 PM)Blackhawk Wrote:  

Even in threads without embedded youtube, with Firefox 6.0.1 at least while editing there's limited ability to highlight text with the mouse --you drag it down and it loses cursor mid drag. If you attempt to highlight and hit Backspace to Delete, it again drops cursor before you highlight all the text you want. It also has a way of popping out of cursor highlight mode so your backspace is interpreted as a browser instruction instead of an editing session function, causing you to instead backspace to the previous webpage you were at before you started editing.

I thought this was just me. Same issue here.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

It's just plain fucked with Firefox. Chrome has no issues.

It's a pain in the ass replying to private messages. It's putting the red dots under the words like I'm spelling them wrong. Then it's jumping all around and making me fuck up, so I press delete but then it goes back a page.

Aloha!

I'm using firefox as well. The page blinks out white over and over while I scroll down the page.

It's smooth sailing if you use an apple computer and this Safari part.

Aloha!

Quote: (09-01-2011 10:44 PM)Kona Wrote:  

It's a pain in the ass replying to private messages. It's putting the red dots under the words like I'm spelling them wrong. Then it's jumping all around and making me fuck up, so I press delete but then it goes back a page.

Aloha!

Exact same problem I had. Hit delete on anything it goes back a page, and can't do any spell check.

How about now? I think I've identified the problem to the countdown javascript I was using to promote the future release of Day Bang at the top of the page.

I was about to write about this myself. I've been having difficulty for the past several days when I try to reply to comments. While on the reply page the auto-corrects in spelling often don't appear or take forever, I can't drag a highlight over text to copy/paste, and I've accidentally gone forward or back a page somehow by pushing something. This leaves me having to retype my entire comment.

The highlighting thing has been very frustrating. I use Firefox 6, btw.

Oh, and I can't drag the scroll bar in the response window either. Pushing the up/down arrow is slow or non-responsive.

I've been having problems replying to private messages. They show up as blank, but when I hit "reply" I can see the text inside the response box. I'm using Google Chrome.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (09-02-2011 11:03 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

How about now? I think I've identified the problem to the countdown javascript I was using to promote the future release of Day Bang at the top of the page.

I guess that was it. Everything is A-OK now.