rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

severe acne

severe acne

does anyone here have any tips on getting rid of severe acne on face and body? I've tried everything but it won't go away and keeps coming back.

severe acne

i think you can get prescribed some medicine for it.

severe acne

I get bad acne on my back, especially when I first start working out after having been lazy for while. Just a few pimples but they're always huge and angry red. I've always been that way and perhaps should try going to a doctor and talking to them about to see if it's something in my diet. Anyhow, I was talking to a friend on the phone last night -- he's real heavy into working out, eating right, and overall maintaining his body -- and he mentioned that steam rooms on a regular basis could help with that a lot (like 1 or 2 times per week).

Thinking about it, I could see why that might be so, but I haven't done any research yet to confirm. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

severe acne

Be careful with the acne meds. Some can make you suicidal. Talk to your doctor.

How old are you? I had it pretty bad from like 14-22ish.

It's from excess testosterone. Start working out a little more to burn it off. Weights. Sex. =)

Also stop eating junk food like McDonalds and candy bars.

Get into a facial cleaning routine too every night before bed.

Hope this helps.

Team Nachos

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 07:51 AM)Geronimo Wrote:  

does anyone here have any tips on getting rid of severe acne on face and body? I've tried everything but it won't go away and keeps coming back.

When I was in high school Accutane was the only thing that worked (3 courses). I really do not buy the suicidal crap at all, but rather think its a case of a switcheroo i.e. teens riddled with acne are more prone to suicide than there clear skinned peers, especially since the drug might makes things worse before they get better.

Anyway, I still get some zits, and now I'm 27 [Image: angry.gif] but its mostly under control.

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 09:40 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

When I was in high school Accutane was the only thing that worked (3 courses). I really do not buy the suicidal crap at all, but rather think its a case of a switcheroo i.e. teens riddled with acne are more prone to suicide than there clear skinned peers, especially since the drug might makes things worse before they get better.

Dude what you believe really doesn't matter; Accutane is off the market for obvious reasons.

Geronimo, get this shit and mix it with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar:

http://www.amazon.com/Indian-Healing-Cla...roduct_top

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 10:56 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote: (09-01-2011 09:40 AM)_DC_ Wrote:  

Dude what you believe really doesn't matter; Accutane is off the market for obvious reasons.

Geronimo, get this shit and mix it with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar:

http://www.amazon.com/Indian-Healing-Cla...roduct_top

Hmm this shyt looks very interesting. Can I purchase it in Canada? I have found that ordering some stuff off of Amazon, they won't send it to Canada.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

severe acne

Stop eating dairy for a couple weeks.

Thank me later

severe acne

Yes there are good meds out there. Accutane is one option and depression related to this is rare.

See a dermatologist-period

For scars from prior acne, there are techniques to improve the appearance

Link between diet and acne questionable. If you find something triggers it stop it. If no clear relationship, eat whatever u want.

severe acne

Go to sleep with a towel over your pillow.

Hello.

severe acne

Ive been using this:

[Image: ac2d5bea0303cd8f_neutrogena.jpg]

It's doing the opposite, it's making it even worse...

severe acne

My acne comes and goes. It's not so good right now...

Go to a dermatologist and have him write you a prescription. My dermatologist is supposedly world class, and he prescribed me Ziana. It combines two active ingredients that I'd previously used separately, prescribed by a general physician. That said, my acne was fairly light, and you may need something different. I'd also recommend Cetaphil, which is over the counter. On a good day, I put Cetaphil on in the morning and Ziana before bed.

And don't touch your face. This is really what does me in.

I also wonder if pollution worsens acne - when I'd come home to my smog-ridden city, my acne would worsen almost immediately. But that might be due to changes in diet or stress from seeing my parents...

Edit: I found a reputable site that deals with all things acne. They have a regimen that looks good: http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Acne.org says that the links between stress and diet, and acne, are unclear to nonexistent.

severe acne

I did a pretty meaty thread on skin care. I recommend you consider the tips I put in there. I spent a lot of time and effort taking care of my skin, especially about the face.

No-Homo Skin Care Tips

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 05:36 PM)Geronimo Wrote:  

Ive been using this:

[Image: ac2d5bea0303cd8f_neutrogena.jpg]

It's doing the opposite, it's making it even worse...

I'm pretty sure this is drying your skin out. It's probably salicylic acid-based. If the root cause of your acne is dry-skin flakes clogging your pores, this is making it way worse.

You should see professional.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 02:45 PM)bigxxx Wrote:  

See a dermatologist-period

Correct answer. If you have acne severe enough that you're consulting an internet forum about it, you really owe it to yourself to get medical advice from an actual medical professional. Especially if you're considering prescription meds.

severe acne

Check out that thread Tuth made. Get some good shaving cream, a razor, wash your face in the morning and at night, and get some good face wash that works for YOU. Everyones face is different. I use that Neutrogena bottle in the picture along with another face wash at night. I use a soap pimple bar that is for your face (got this from whole foods) in the morning.

Also, this sounds gay but it works great. Get one of those creams that you leave on your face for about 30 minutes before washing it off. Use it once a week and I gurantee it will help with blemishes and drying up any pimples faaaast.

I put a berynzol peroxide acne cream on my face about once a week before going to bed. Take some hot ass showers and let the water splash your face for a minute before you get out. Simple yet effective.

severe acne

I used to have a case of moderate-severe acne. I had tried just about everything in this thread before, and only Acutane worked well for me. Find a dermatologist, and ask them about it. Personally, I don't believe the whole suicide stuff, but the person who prescribes it to you usually keeps a close eye. It's prescription only since it's pretty powerful, I had to get blood tests taken every month (it has other rare side-effects that are tested this way) as well as go to my dermatologist and tell them I'm not suicidal, depressed, or whatever. You also can't donate blood within one year of taking it. It's pretty regulated, especially since it can cause birth defects in women. It's worth it though, I took two courses of it and it pretty much nuked most of my acne. I'm getting laser treatment for my acne scars at the moment as well. If you can get that after you take care of the situation, I'd highly recommend it. I've had two treatments over three months and it's looking quite a bit better.

severe acne

Parlay44 said that acne can be caused by excessive testosterone...anyone else know if there is truth in that? Aren't many of us trying to do things that increase our testosterone? I had pretty clear skin until I arrived in Brazil...stress definitely isn't the factor because it is stress free here. I'm thinking that maybe it is the water or diet. Anyone have a similar experience?

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 09:05 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

Parlay44 said that acne can be caused by excessive testosterone...anyone else know if there is truth in that? Aren't many of us trying to do things that increase our testosterone? I had pretty clear skin until I arrived in Brazil...stress definitely isn't the factor because it is stress free here. I'm thinking that maybe it is the water or diet. Anyone have a similar experience?

yeah, theres some truth in that. when i started working out for reals and was taking supplements, back acne started appearing out of nowhere.

severe acne

Quote: (09-01-2011 09:05 PM)hoops330 Wrote:  

Yes testosterone is a big factor. This is why it appears in puberty both for boys and girls and those who use anabolic steroids.

Acting alpha will not increase your testosterone levels...taking steroids will.

severe acne

Acne is hugely influenced by diet as well, do not be fooled. There's a reason its a western disease and almost completely absent in indigenous/native tribes/cultures in various disconnected parts of the world.

http://thepaleodiet.com/dietary-cure-for-acne-book/ this book is pretty explanatory. You can pirate it if you're cheap.

severe acne

I've had some pretty severe acne, too. Take advice from the following people: dermatologists, and people who have had really bad acne. How do I know? I learnt the hard way.

Acutane is the only shit that REALLY works. But before you use that, you'll need to go few a couple of other prescription creams and drugs. It's a last option, because it permanently alters the oil production of your skin.

You get bad acne because you're producing more oil, which can also be due to higher testosterone levels. It clogs in your pores, and becomes either a black-head, which are harmless and easy to push out, although not that flattering to look at. Or they become acne, which is when they are infected. When they get a white top, feel free to squeeze them - AS LONG as you wash your hands and disinfect the wound afterwards meticulously. It's an infection, you don't want it sitting around - left untouched, it'll scar. But you have to wait for the bump to consolidate - for the white head to form and the puss to consolidate. Otherwise you'll make it worse.

Don't touch your face without washing your hands. Again, it is super-sensitive to infection, and your face is covered in infections (acne). Don't use normal soap. Use moisturizing face soap from a serious branch like Clinique that will not exacerbate the problem.

So, see a dermatologist, and get started on the road that will probably/eventually lead to acutane.

PS. The reason they say diet makes no difference is because little evidence shows that better diet improves your acne situation. It is more probable that your hormones are really making a difference, which is why acutane works.

PPS. Steams are great for opening up the pores, which will let the blackheads either just slip out, or make them easier to "pop". Again, feel free to do this, but wash your fucking hands. And don't do it in front of others. I hate fucking watching people press their pimples in public places.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

severe acne

Also throw some baking soda on your face and leave it on for about a minute and a half then wash it off.

It's a great exfoliator. Go and see a nutritionist and stop eating such crappy foods. When you eliminate the most oft overlooked stuff, you may notice an improvement.

If you do not, go and see a professional. You don't want a craggy face to impede you from getting lizards.

Do the right thing.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

severe acne

Thanks for your input guys. I went to see a dermatologist a couple of months ago and she gave me 2 tonic lotions to put on my face. One in the morning and one in the evening. It helped but as soon as I ran out of the tonic, the acne came back again... I'll go to a diff one this time.

severe acne

Accutane is like the atomic bomb of acne medication. Use with caution it will dry the hell out of your skin and make any unborn child you may potentially have deformed while on this but it will cure your acne. I took this in college for less than the recommended duration of treatment because of side effects, but even still it cured my acne and since that time --> no acne. That was many years ago.