rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being tall in different countries

I was wondering what you guys think about the difference in how height creates advantages in different places.

For a long time I thought that being in a place where girls were taller would be a good thing for me (since I'm quite tall) because it means women 'shut out' lots of the shorter men... But now I've realised that the relative advantage is in comparison to the local men (since they are the majority) and how the culture perceives height.

Generally I've found that places where being tall is rare (like Spain or S America) it has a 'exotic advantage' attached to it, and it can be an element of playfulness, especially with physical stuff like spinning girls around (cause they're short and light).

What are you guys' experiences?
I've heard that in Asia it can be a real trump card. How much of an advantage is it there?

Quote: (06-01-2017 02:28 PM)mensch Wrote:  

I was wondering what you guys think about the difference in how height creates advantages in different places.

For a long time I thought that being in a place where girls were taller would be a good thing for me (since I'm quite tall) because it means women 'shut out' lots of the shorter men... But now I've realised that the relative advantage is in comparison to the local men (since they are the majority) and how the culture perceives height.

Generally I've found that places where being tall is rare (like Spain or S America) it has a 'exotic advantage' attached to it, and it can be an element of playfulness, especially with physical stuff like spinning girls around (cause they're short and light).

I've heard that in Asia it can be a real trump card. How much of an advantage is it there?

Being tall is good anywhere really. Yes, being tall helps in Asia, but from my experience the standard for what is considered tall is lower in Asia. I stand out even though I am only 5'11 which is slightly above average for an American.

No idea about Latin America or Asia but this might help as a comparison framework

Id say most girls in white nations want a guy between 5'10 to 6'4. Its actually a disadvantage to be 6'6 or more for most girls. Under 5'9 its gonna be tough for guys to max out their smv.

Also ,what do you want? Before I wanted and got girls around 5'4 to 5'5. Now this is too short for me ,id like girls closer to meet at my eyes. 5'6 to 5'7 would be perfect for me.

By American standards I'm average height for a guy...but in Spain, I have noticed it can be somewhat of an advantage. Most Spanish guys are short and when you walk into a room or whatever, if you are taller than the "norm" here and the fact that if you are well dressed it DOES make a difference. I mean really, a short guy would get no respect in almost no country but the range for what is tall vs short varies from country to country. Most girls I meet in Spain who are from different countries have actually told me they don't like Spanish guys because a) many of them are short, b) living with mama is not attractive, c) attitude...loads of women tell me they DO like "alpha" types and so being tall(er) than the norm helps in that regard.

Let me put it this way: if after walking in a room you don't get people looking at you respectfully or treating you deferentially, you're doing it wrong...but no matter how hard a short guy tries to "command" respect...it just doesn't work lol.

Height is a plus. The GoodloookingLoser blogger uses even height-boosting Tom-Cruise-shoes despite the fact that he is 6'1 - he noticed even a slight increase in interest.

Height is a parameter of attraction for women - but it works only best if it is coupled with muscular build, confident stride and other characteristics. I know plenty of nerdy soy-fed-skinny-fat guys who will be instantly ignored by women for a shorter, but more masculine man.

To be honest as far as height is concerned, you will have more of a height advantage with Western women than with non-Western ones. The non-Western ones will give you more of bonus due to your ethnicity than your pure height. It is more the Western bitches who are height-Nazis. A 5'10 Westerner in Indonesia will score well, if he is 6"2, then I doubt that it will improve his market value. This however is not the case in the West.

Quote: (06-01-2017 02:35 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Being tall is good anywhere really. Yes, being tall helps in Asia, but from my experience the standard for what is considered tall is lower in Asia. I stand out even though I am only 5'11 which is slightly above average for an American.

Yep, I can see that - maybe there's something of a 'diminishing returns' factor in the sense that in Asia the fact that I'm 6'3 makes almost no difference vs being 5'11, while in Southern Europe it does make a difference up to the point, like Nowak said, where it becomes a disadvantage.

Quote: (06-02-2017 04:21 AM)Baldrich Wrote:  

By American standards I'm average height for a guy...but in Spain, I have noticed it can be somewhat of an advantage. Most Spanish guys are short and when you walk into a room or whatever, if you are taller than the "norm" here and the fact that if you are well dressed it DOES make a difference. I mean really, a short guy would get no respect in almost no country but the range for what is tall vs short varies from country to country. Most girls I meet in Spain who are from different countries have actually told me they don't like Spanish guys because a) many of them are short, b) living with mama is not attractive, c) attitude...loads of women tell me they DO like "alpha" types and so being tall(er) than the norm helps in that regard.

Let me put it this way: if after walking in a room you don't get people looking at you respectfully or treating you deferentially, you're doing it wrong...but no matter how hard a short guy tries to "command" respect...it just doesn't work lol.

I love your description of why women don't like Spanish guys because it explains a lot of my success. I'm mixed southern European and German, and look kind of Spanish or Italian, speak the languages, etc, but am tall, and have lived in many countries, left home early and have none of the 'mama's boy' attitude that many southern Europeans have.
I feel that in southern Europe you can game women simply by showing you are mature human being who is capable of making decisions (and your laundry), cause they have such an aversion to the particular beta style of guys there.

Charm and cockiness go a long way. A good friend of mine from Turkey dated a really pretty girl who was a few inches taller than him due to surealist style of humor/banter

As for being jacked it depends how short. 5'7 or below I dont think so. But yeah,girls universally hate the tall lanky string bean types.

Yeah.....Southern Europe isnt a place for those who value outcome independance or ideas/thinking big, I hate the phrase thinking big but when people only care about sportsball or hit your head against the wall style gossip youll get more than restless.

Quote: (06-02-2017 04:44 AM)mensch Wrote:  

Quote: (06-01-2017 02:35 PM)Heart Break Kid Wrote:  

Yep, I can see that - maybe there's something of a 'diminishing returns' factor in the sense that in Asia the fact that I'm 6'3 makes almost no difference vs being 5'11, while in Southern Europe it does make a difference up to the point, like Nowak said, where it becomes a disadvantage.

Quote: (06-02-2017 04:21 AM)Baldrich Wrote:  

I love your description of why women don't like Spanish guys because it explains a lot of my success. I'm mixed southern European and German, and look kind of Spanish or Italian, speak the languages, etc, but am tall, and have lived in many countries, left home early and have none of the 'mama's boy' attitude that many southern Europeans have.
I feel that in southern Europe you can game women simply by showing you are mature human being who is capable of making decisions (and your laundry), cause they have such an aversion to the particular beta style of guys there.

That's exactly my situation -- I have Catalan background + old English/Scottish (From way back) and so I definitely could pass for a "native" and speak the language, but my dress, behavior and just general comportment are definitely not from Spain. Most Spanish guys dress like slobs. I've taught loads of women in Spain and most of them laugh hysterically at how in class I make fun of Spanish guys for not being able to do their own laundry and just being an overall "cocky" mofo. Even though Spanish women aren't my type...but I've definitely been able to get interest based on my background and behavior.

I wouldn't try to analyze about women's psychology on men's height. It is what it is.

Guys always talk about if you are tall and jacked, women will love you. They make it seem like those guys just dominate the club & bar scene and average height joes are left with crumbs. If you are, then go find out on your own.
In my own experiences, I see average physical guys with plenty of hot girls. (I don't know their money, fame, personalities, just judging by their looks)

I think with regard to muscle, that a the shorter you are the less muscle you need to stand out. adding 10-15 pounds to a 5'7 frame goes wayyyy further than 10-15 pounds on a tall, lanky frame.

Of course, you'll always get diminishing returns on that no matter how tall you are depending on location.

Asia women, for example, really seem to sperg out about height in a way that many black and white women have not done. The only women who have ever really inquired into my height were asian.

Asian women have also been more impressed by muscle in my experience since it's a rare trait in places like China where most dudes only eat carbs and consider 30 minutes of badminton to be "exercise."

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (06-02-2017 04:12 AM)Nowak Wrote:  

No idea about Latin America or Asia but this might help as a comparison framework

Id say most girls in white nations want a guy between 5'10 to 6'4. Its actually a disadvantage to be 6'6 or more for most girls. Under 5'9 its gonna be tough for guys to max out their smv.

Also ,what do you want? Before I wanted and got girls around 5'4 to 5'5. Now this is too short for me ,id like girls closer to meet at my eyes. 5'6 to 5'7 would be perfect for me.

Not true, i'm 6'6 and it has never been a disadvantage, it's great for short girls and tall girls, even the shortest of girls that I would never date, but would fuck.

In fact I would not mind at all being an inch taller, would cause me no problems

Height has already been discussed to death here in many threads.

Outside of Anglo countries height is not a big deal.
In Europe I have seen many couples where the man and woman are the same height or she is slightly taller.
Only in Anglo countries do I see dating profiles that say no guys under 6 foot and the women who say that are usually only 5"7 or 5"8.

If you placed those same women in a bar and you approach them at 5'9 with confidence they are not going to next you based on height, its just online they know have limitless choices so they can be picky as fuck (only guys between 6'2-6"3.5, exactly 8 tattoos, green eyes, 7%bf, long beard, making over 250k and under 27,etc). But in reality they can't be that demanding and are not actually getting approached that often.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I feel like I get more love from guys for being tall and jacked than I do women at times lol.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Quote: (06-03-2017 12:21 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Asian women have also been more impressed by muscle in my experience since it's a rare trait in places like China where most dudes only eat carbs and consider 30 minutes of badminton to be "exercise."

Don't talk about Suits like that.

Quote: (06-02-2017 04:36 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Height is a plus. The GoodloookingLoser blogger uses even height-boosting Tom-Cruise-shoes despite the fact that he is 6'1 - he noticed even a slight increase in interest.

Height is a parameter of attraction for women - but it works only best if it is coupled with muscular build, confident stride and other characteristics. I know plenty of nerdy soy-fed-skinny-fat guys who will be instantly ignored by women for a shorter, but more masculine man.

To be honest as far as height is concerned, you will have more of a height advantage with Western women than with non-Western ones. The non-Western ones will give you more of bonus due to your ethnicity than your pure height. It is more the Western bitches who are height-Nazis. A 5'10 Westerner in Indonesia will score well, if he is 6"2, then I doubt that it will improve his market value. This however is not the case in the West.

This is not true in my experience.

For example, Western girls don't really ask about my height that much but for Korean girls it is a top 10 topic of conversation.

Depends where you are/hard to generalize

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)

Asians care more about height and size than white or black girls in my experience. I almost think that height is a bigger turn on for mainland Chinese chicks than being handsome or white is. In generally, I've seen more girls turn and look at a tall guy than an especially handsome or white guy in China.

It's very interesting.

That said, you don't NEED these two things to do well here. You can fight it like you can anywhere.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

I think what matters more is being taller than average.

Even 6ft is below average in the Netherlands or Serbia.

Likes denote appreciation, not necessarily agreement |Stay Anonymous Online Datasheet| Unmissable video on Free Speech

Guys...

Too much emphasis on height, or ethnicity, or fitness, or money, or whatever.

A chick will like what she likes. Every chick has her type, her qualities that make
her swoon, that wets her loins.

Are you tall, jacked, well traveled, older, younger, great conversationalist,
full on bullshitter, clown, tough guy, athlete, grunge dude, hipster, beard dude,
good looking, edgy, clean cut, stylish, enforcer, face only your mother loves??

Play to YOUR strengths, your best traits. Then fish for the girls who want that.

Nobody scores every girl they want.. Find the ones that WANT YOU!!

Improve yourself for you, not for women.

I don't agree with that. The girls who want you may be flat slobs or tattooed hipsters. I think the ultimate objective of game is to have choice and combined with self improvement should maximize your chances of scoring the girls you want.

Being tall is an advantage everywhere. I have consistently noticed that taller guys have an easier time with women even if they lack game.

Quote: (06-01-2017 02:28 PM)mensch Wrote:  

Dude if you're "quite tall", you have an advantage everywhere, like the last poster said. I can't speak to Asia, having never gamed there. You should book a flight and see for yourself.

In Europe and Latin America, being tall is definitely a difference.

Just about anywhere in the world, you'll do well without much game if you're

a) tall
b) short and totally jacked (top 5% of men)

What also helps if you're abroad in a place like Asia:
c) light eyes

And finally what trumps all is:
d) face game

If you have a great face, nothing else matters. You hardly need game.

Part 2:

Recall what Roosh said about the "number 1 tip to get laid anywhere" in a Youtube video. Go to places where you don't look like the people.

If you're some tall guy out of Hamburg, surrounded by other tall guys in Hamburg, you won't stand out. But if you put yourself in Thailand or the Philippines, you're now a commodity.

There was that 19-year old Czech guy who slayed Thailand and made a thread, then got banned for some reason in the middle of it.

To settle the "looks" versus "game" debate, I"ll say this:

I can still score in the U.S., but it takes a lot more time and effort. The 6'3" bro or a guy with a good face can simply roll up to the club, approach a few girls, and go home with a chick. I've been out with guys like that.

I'm neither tall, nor jacked, nor have a good face. I've got other things girls like though. So it involves more approaches, more numbers, more game, more dates to get laid in the U.S./Western Europe.

Quote: (07-13-2015 04:02 AM)Suits Wrote:  
If you're serious about self improvement and make real effort, this forum will always have your back.

As usual, so much overrating of height in this thread. It's like tall + jacked = instant 10 around here. Men and women have a different idea of what an attractive man is. Face is, and will always be number one appearance-wise to women, as long as you're of at least of average height. A 5'11 movie star looking guy will open more doors than a 6'4 average looking guy, assuming same game, every day of the week. Face + body + average height will kill it anywhere.

Quote: (06-04-2017 10:19 AM)Pointer Wrote:  

I don't agree with that. The girls who want you may be flat slobs or tattooed hipsters.

Dude... Nowhere did I say you bone every wildabeast that gives you
goo goo eyes!!

You still get to decide. I merely said, go fishing where the fish are.

Quote: (06-04-2017 05:30 PM)Adrenaline Wrote:  

As usual, so much overrating of height in this thread. It's like tall + jacked = instant 10 around here. Men and women have a different idea of what an attractive man is. Face is, and will always be number one appearance-wise to women, as long as you're of at least of average height. A 5'11 movie star looking guy will open more doors than a 6'4 average looking guy, assuming same game, every day of the week. Face + body + average height will kill it anywhere.

It's simple.

If you're below average height in that country subtract 1-2 points from your SMV

If you're average height, neither add nor subtract from your SMV

If you're above average height, add 1-2 points to your SMV

Height hurts you when you're noticeably short, balances out if you're average height, and helps you when you're above average. It's that simple.

Going to Asian countries where average height is less than you can find in any European country gives you big advantage with the local crowd. I am 6'4'' and felt gigantic there)

Quote: (06-08-2017 04:51 AM)bulldog Wrote:  

Going to Asian countries where average height is less than you can find in any European country gives you big advantage with the local crowd. I am 6'4'' and felt gigantic there)

6'4" is like the top 3-4% in height of the global population.... as in 97% of the male population is shorter than you. 6'4" is tall anywhere on the planet. Only place where it may be slightly less impressive is the Scandinavian/Nordic countries where men are 6 ft. And even then 6'4" is still tall.

Come on bro. You don't need to travel anywhere to feel taller.