rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Suiting up in Orange County (Shopping)

Good Day Gents,

Hoping for some input re buying suits. I have had some luck at combatant gentlemen, but I get easily frustrated with their 'small batches' and lack of sizes available - I am a bigger guy at 6'2" and 220lbs, so I realize most retailers simply will not carry large numbers of my sizes. One suit i bought from CG came out to $300, including alterations at my tailor. I am hoping to keep my budget under that number.

So, any guys out there have a go-to place for suits?

Thanks!

Try hitting up the outlets in either Cabazon or Camarillo - Off Saks and the Barney's tend to have small/big sizes for big discounts. I'm a 40R so the selection isn't very good and when there are things in my size they're only discounted 10-20%.

As for M2M, I know a few guys that have had luck going to downtown LA fashion district, but I feel like you can get the same quality and price online with the indochino/black lapel sites online.

I would say get your tailor to get your measurements and look online on places like ebay or grailed. I have found some 3 to 4k suits for around 300 online lightly used and new ones in that range for around 800 to 1k.

Ask first if they take returns and condition of the suit etc.

Custom suit for $300 is a good deal in my opinion especially if the quality is good.

I recently went to tailor who does groomsmen and grooms - suit was $300-400 bucks but worth every penny.

Literally from the fabric, to the liner in your jacket, to the stitching, to the buttons, everything.

The environment was amazing, very small, very private.

They 3D scan your body then make final measurements.

After that you come in and try the suit on, then they can make adjustments on site if need be.

I can PM you the details if you like.

But getting a custom suit done under $300 will be possible in the LA fashion district or places such https://www.3mensuits129.com/

Closest one to you is north west of OC - their suits ain't bad either.

Generally speaking, I would visit retail stores, try suits of highly reputable manufacturers, and then buy a exact same (or very similar) on Ebay (used or new) for a faction of the MSRP.

Just remember, before buying a suit, know your measurements, to ensure proper fit.

Know that I am a little biased in favor of online suit sellers, because I am one [Image: smile.gif]

I bought mine out of Goodwill and then brought them to the Assyrians to tailor

Though honestly my day to day blazers are H&M and I get plenty of compliments