rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Taiwan has fallen - Top court rules in favor of same-sex marriage

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40012047

Quote:Quote:

Taiwan's top judges have ruled in favour of gay marriage, paving the way for it to become the first place in Asia to legalise same-sex unions.

The highest court ruled that current laws preventing members of the same sex from marrying violated their right to equality and were unconstitutional.

It gave parliament two years to amend existing laws or pass new ones.

Wednesday's landmark decision came as the LGBT community faces increasing persecution in the region.

In a press release following the ruling, the court said that "disallowing two persons of the same sex to marry, for the sake of safeguarding basic ethical orders" constituted a "different treatment" with "no rational basis."

The court concluded that "such different treatment is incompatible with the spirit and meaning of the right to equality" as protected by Taiwan's constitution.

A very sad day indeed, since it is the first country in Asia to legalize sexual deviancy and it is the start of a downward spiral.

R.I.P. Taiwanese families.

What disturbs me most is that a court introduces this novelty.
Logically, the parliament should issue that, but obviously lawmakers were too coward to do so.
So let the judges who aren't elected by the people do the dirt job...

First they elect a unmarried, childless woman president, and now this. Taiwan may the the first Asian country to legalise gay marriage, but it will also be the last - that shit just won't the accepted elsewhere.

The gay agenda spreads like an insidious virus, attacking the very parts of a host nation that are designed to protect it from other threats. Eventually the host is weakened to such a degree that the other outside threats eventually kill it.

Oh wait. . .

While I'm not in favour of this decision, the only reason why this happened is because Taiwan is a legitimate democracy.

I think we could do with a little more legitimate democracy in Asia, not less.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (05-24-2017 07:31 AM)Horus Wrote:  

First they elect a unmarried, childless woman president, and now this. Taiwan may the the first Asian country to legalise gay marriage, but it will also be the last - that shit just won't the accepted elsewhere.

Wow.

I had no idea about this. Why are so many countries electing childless and/or female heads of state? Is it because it is working out so well elsewhere?

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

I guess in the face of a stern & strict Chinese military.

Taiwan are taking the hedonistic route & making "the most" of what little time they may have...

Doomed is as doomed does.

Quote: (05-24-2017 07:47 AM)Suits Wrote:  

While I'm not in favour of this decision, the only reason why this happened is because Taiwan is a legitimate democracy.

While this decision was made by judicial process rather than democratic process, if there were a referendum in Taiwan to legalise gay marriage I think there is a good chance it would pass. I haven't lived there for over eight years, but even back then when there was very little media attention given to the issue, I was surprised how many people came across that thought gay marriage was a great idea.

I can only speculate as to the reasons why this would only be widely supported in Taiwan while it wouldn't in other Asian countries. I think it's a combination of the following.
  • While gays in Taiwan have traditionally had to stay under the radar and be very discreet, there has never been any wide-spread religious objection to homosexuality that there has been in Western countries.
  • Taiwanese people as a whole are very insecure about their cultural identity. On one hand they want to feel a sense of superiority due to their Chinese heritage, but on the other they desperately want to differentiate themselves culturally from mainland China. They always want to prove that they are morally better than China, and what better way than to take the "moral highground" and support SJW causes such as gay marriage which would never gain popular support across the Taiwan strait.
  • Traditional families are increasingly less important in Taiwan in recent years. The situation is nowhere near what it has become in the West, but it is on the same trajectory. The divorce rate is similar to many Western countries. The abortion rate is probably higher. Women only begin to consider marriage in their early thirties (often after riding the kind of cock carousel that would make a lot of Western women blush), and by then a lot of suitable men would prefer an overseas wife from Vietnam, Indonesia or mainland China. Most woman, given the choice, would prioritise career over family. It's only in an environment where traditional families are decreasingly valued that socially damaging experiments such as gay marriage can gain support.
  • While the older generation of Taiwanese men are practical and tough as nails, and are natural patriarchs, the younger generation are largely pussy-whipped faggots. I've never seen pedestalisation of woman to the same degree that I've seen it in Taiwan. It's painful to watch social settings where girls are dotingly fawned over by their boyfriends because Taiwanese girls want their love life to be nothing less than a romantic scene from a Korean soap opera. They possess a sense of entitlement and princess syndrome on steroids, and any local guy in her vicinity will acquisce to the prevailing ideas of the females of the group, and their ideas are rarely challenged. Sound familiar? It's twice as bad in Taiwan. So when a majority of women support gay marriage, guess what? That's the position the men in her life will also take.

Quote: (05-24-2017 09:09 AM)Horus Wrote:  

While this decision was made by judicial process rather than democratic process, if there were a referendum in Taiwan to legalise gay marriage I think there is a good chance it would pass.

Yes, that's true, but a third pillar judicial system that balances pure democratic processes (like to lions and a lamb deciding who to eat for dinner) is a perfectly democratic institution.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Pure democracy does not exist, because even though the people have the right to vote, the government will use the media to manipulate the citizens in voting in whatever they want to achieve. For this reason, the so-called "democracy" is just an unnecessary hassle that gets in the way of getting things done.

Once a country has its birth rates over 3.0 kids per woman, less than 1% unemployment rate, strong patriarchal family values, and little to none public debt, only then the country can be a candidate for a real democracy. Until then, they are not ready for democracy and they need a leader to take the control and steer the country to the right direction.

When you go to university, students do not elect the teacher - the teacher is appointed because he/she has the necessary skills and experience.
When you travel, you don't elect your pilot. He is appointed because of his experience.
It should be the same when choosing a country.

Just check Thailand for example: the government in power is a military junta that makes decisions without asking anyone. We can debate on this, but I agree with most of their policies. Thailand's economy has gone down, protests up, and 40% of Thais voted "equality" in the "do you support family or equality?" survey. This shows that the country is not ready for a democracy, and the military junta is in power to prevent the country from falling just like Taiwan did.

In short, more democracies MIGHT be good, but only if the country is ready. So far, I'm not seeing a lot of places that seem ready.

Do not forget the #1 rule of politics: people are stupid. This means that you can make them think whatever you want, unless they are an homogenous and united population.

*queue discussions of (((they)))*

[Image: jordan.gif]

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Quote: (05-24-2017 10:06 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Yah, going to be tough to blame this one on the Jews....but I'm guessing some guys will manage.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

白左 (baizuo).

“Nothing is more useful than to look upon the world as it really is.”

While this decision was made by judicial process rather than democratic process, if there were a referendum in Taiwan to legalise gay marriage I think there is a good chance it would pass. I haven't lived there for over eight years, but even back then when there was very little media attention given to the issue, I was surprised how many people came across that thought gay marriage was a great idea.

I can only speculate as to the reasons why this would only be widely supported in Taiwan while it wouldn't in other Asian countries. I think it's a combination of the following.
  • While gays in Taiwan have traditionally had to stay under the radar and be very discreet, there has never been any wide-spread religious objection to homosexuality that there has been in Western countries.
  • Taiwanese people as a whole are very insecure about their cultural identity. On one hand they want to feel a sense of superiority due to their Chinese heritage, but on the other they desperately want to differentiate themselves culturally from mainland China. They always want to prove that they are morally better than China, and what better way than to take the "moral highground" and support SJW causes such as gay marriage which would never gain popular support across the Taiwan strait.
  • Traditional families are increasingly less important in Taiwan in recent years. The situation is nowhere near what it has become in the West, but it is on the same trajectory. The divorce rate is similar to many Western countries. The abortion rate is probably higher. Women only begin to consider marriage in their early thirties (often after riding the kind of cock carousel that would make a lot of Western women blush), and by then a lot of suitable men would prefer an overseas wife from Vietnam, Indonesia or mainland China. Most woman, given the choice, would prioritise career over family. It's only in an environment where traditional families are decreasingly valued that socially damaging experiments such as gay marriage can gain support.
  • While the older generation of Taiwanese men are practical and tough as nails, and are natural patriarchs, the younger generation are largely pussy-whipped faggots. I've never seen pedestalisation of woman to the same degree that I've seen it in Taiwan. It's painful to watch social settings where girls are dotingly fawned over by their boyfriends because Taiwanese girls want their love life to be nothing less than a romantic scene from a Korean soap opera. They possess a sense of entitlement and princess syndrome on steroids, and any local guy in her vicinity will acquisce to the prevailing ideas of the females of the group, and their ideas are rarely challenged. Sound familiar? It's twice as bad in Taiwan. So when a majority of women support gay marriage, guess what? That's the position the men in her life will also take.

Excellent insights.

Taiwan has a bit of an odd situation. When they needed a cultural identity away from the Japanese one, they chose America. At the time, it was a good call. The military alone was going to give them some freedom from China. But I don't know if they really wanted cultural freedom from China, just more freedom. The Japanese gave them amazing infrastructure and civil life, and they wanted to preserve this at all costs. China would have destroyed this as communism is not about civic mindedness its about authoritarian rule.

Things such as divorce are very common in Taiwan now. Career women are nearly as abundant as men, but this is also something more Chinese. The built in family day care, or in my cousins case, he was raised in his parents pharmacy. Why not have woman outside the home, working in family business, spending time together, making money. This is a kind of western liberal dream. Not the crushing commute and corporate grind that we built for women here.

I know girls in Taiwan that take pole dancing classes. Yoga is huge there, and so is girls night drinking wine. Its not a stretch for them to think 'why not' when they picture a caricature fag being overly flamboyant, well dressed and 'oh so risque'. But I can assure you they don't picture the over 30, overweight man with no social skills sneaking out to gay spa's. In their mind, its the charming and out there fags who should be able to 'find love', and after all two gay friends are certainly more entertaining than one. Its lost on them that these are the very gay men that are most likely to be single, as they wave the flag the promiscuity 24/7.

I am not worried about Taiwan, and in many ways I enjoy the liberalism of the island. They have love hotels that are superior even to Tokyo, and the women are better at sex and the last time I was there a girl begged me to put it in her ass. I did, and enjoyed watching her brain go "what the fuck? This is horrible" but try and act like it was amazing.

Thanks liberal Taiwan. Its a good thing that your military still has brass balls because your citizens are getting a little freaky.

That gif loses its power if you use it in every single one of your posts [Image: lol.gif]

Quote: (05-24-2017 10:48 AM)TigerMandingo Wrote:  

That gif loses its power if you use it in every single one of your posts [Image: lol.gif]

I was thinking about how I overuse that gif just as I typed it in.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Michael Jordan is a Jew

globalist society....this is one piece of evidence.

Same rulers as most countries in the world - no surprise. Same sex marriage is the most important issue in the world of course.

So what does the biggest democracy in Asia (actually the world) think about faggotry? (article from 2016)

India's top court refuses to hear gay-sex ban challenge

India's Supreme Court refused on Wednesday to hear a petition challenging a law criminalizing gay sex, a setback for gay rights activists battling in the country's courts to get the ban overturned.

A number of well-known lesbian, gay and bisexual Indians had argued that Section 377 of India's penal code, which prohibits "carnal intercourse against the order of nature with any man, woman or animal", undermined their fundamental rights by failing to protect their sexual preferences.

"The Supreme Court refused to hear the matter and asked the petitioners to approach the Chief Justice of India," Arvind Dattar, a lawyer for one of the petitioners, told Reuters.

India's chief justice is already hearing a separate case to strike down the ban, and India's top court has previously argued that only parliament has the power to change Section 377.

The decision is the latest setback India's gay community has faced in its fight to get a prohibition on homosexual sex overturned ever since the Supreme Court reinstated a colonial-era ban in late 2013.

That ban ended a four-year period of decriminalization that had helped bring homosexuality increasingly out into the open in a deeply conservative society.

Discrimination faced by homosexual communities across the world was thrown into sharp relief again this month after a gunman slaughtered 49 people at a gay nightclub in Florida.

Some Western countries have pressured India to overturn its ban on gay sex and respect human rights regardless of sexual orientation.

This month U.S. Ambassador Richard Verma's residence in New Delhi's leafy diplomatic quarter was lit in the colors of the rainbow in a gesture of solidarity towards victims of the Orlando massacre.

Violation of the Indian law on gay sex can result in a prison sentence of up to 10 years.

Why are western countries so concerned about pushing gay rights in India? Would they dare bring up the subject with an Islamic country?

Most Asian cultures treat being gay as something to be embarrassed about and not celebrated. People tend to look the other way. I doubt that you would ever see gay relationships put on an equal footing as straight relationships in most of Asia.

I've never been to Taiwan, but I have come across a few career Taiwanese women in Los Angeles - they're usually low hanging fruit if you want to get a bang.

Here's how some Asian countries think about Gay stuff:

Beauty and the Beast gay scene backlash from Singapore to Malaysia and Hong Kong

Calls from some conservative groups for Asian cities from Singapore to Hong Kong to boycott Disney’s Beauty and the Beast over a “gay moment” in the film have drawn flak from rights activists, as the US studio stands by its decision not to cut the scene ahead of a regional release this weekend.

The episode has cast a spotlight on rising friction between Southeast Asia’s tiny but vocal gay rights lobby and influential conservative groups that hold significant political sway.

In Malaysia, Disney rebuffed officials’ demands for the censorship of 4.5 minutes of footage deemed to depict homosexuality, putting the film’s release in the country in jeopardy. In neighbouring Singapore, the national council of churches said in a statement that some Christian leaders were “deeply concerned about the LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and questioning) representation in this new Disney movie”.

“They see this as an attempt to influence young children and socialise them at an early age into thinking that the homosexual lifestyle is normal,” the statement said.

It urged parents to be “aware of this strand in the movie and its possible influence on their children”.

Rights activists in the region deplored the conservative backlash against what they said was a minor element of the partially animated film staring Emma Watson as the titular character.

In the 130-minute film, the character LeFou – sidekick to the main villain Gaston – expresses affection for his macho boss and also dances with a man at a ball. Director Bill Condon said in an interview earlier this month that the “nice, exclusively gay moment” was a first for a Disney film.

“When people protest over a gay character in a film, what they are really saying is that LGBTQ persons should not exist, and please go back to the closet,” said Jean Chong from the Singapore gay rights group Sayoni. “With growing acceptance worldwide, there’s really no point in burying one’s head in the sand,” she added.

Dede Oetomo, founder of the Indonesian gay rights group GAYa NUSANTARA, said the “brouhaha is another episode of moral panic, not based on scientific evidence” about the influence of media on sexuality.

“It is also an example of the total ignorance among many adults of the possibility that a child may be gay and that could lead to a good thing,” said Oetomo.

The outcry in Asia is seen by some as inspired by similar protests in the West. A drive-in theatre in rural northeastern Alabama banned the screening of the film earlier this month.

“The actual film features a tiny scene in which a villain is shown thinking romantically about another villain – it doesn’t serve as a positive or justifying representation of homosexuality at all,” said Ng Yi-Sheng, a Singaporean gay rights activist.

“It’s only because ultra-right Christian groups in the US began making noise that conservative Christians and Muslims in our part of the world began to imitate them,” Ng added.

Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation, will screen the film without cuts but only for audiences above the age of 13. Singapore’s censors gave the film a PG rating, meaning it is deemed suitable for all ages, with the caveat that parents are advised to accompany their children.

Malaysian censors had originally given the film – “gay moment” edited out – a similar P13 rating. Phil Robertson, deputy director in Asia for the US-based Human Rights Watch, said groups calling for a blanket ban of the film were “extremist”.

“The governments should recognise that peace and stability requires promoting tolerance, not kowtowing to extremists who haven’t figured out that their children are going to watch everything on the internet anyway some day,” said Robertson.

“These three governments should protect freedom of expression and the arts, and tell the gaggle of extremists to stay at home if they don’t want to see the movie,” he said.

Southeast Asian political observers say regional governments have their work cut out keeping the lid on tensions between conservative groups and segments of the population that are demanding equal rights for the LGBTQ community.

“The contestation by both camps has to be adroitly managed… governments are often caught between a rock and a hard place. Once the confrontation has crystallised, it’s often too late and the domestic concerns tend to prevail,” said Eugene Tan, an associate law professor at the Singapore Management University.

Consensual sex between men is a crime in Singapore, owing to a colonial-era law. But officials have vowed that the section of the penal code called Section 377A will not be enforced.

However leaders, including Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, say the law must remain in the books as most Singaporeans are conservative and do not accept homosexuality.

In neighbouring Malaysia, homosexuality is punishable by caning and up to 20 years in jail. Anwar Ibrahim, the former deputy prime minister turned top opposition leader, is serving a five-year jail term for “sodomising” a male aide, the second time in two decades he had been convicted of such a charge. His supporters say the charges are trumped up to keep the charismatic leader out of politics.

In Indonesia, homosexuality is not illegal but the country’s resurgent hardline Islamist groups are fomenting intolerance of the LGBTQ community, rights activists say.

In Hong Kong, where the Legislative Council repealed colonial anti-homosexual laws in 1991, an anti-gay group on Wednesday submitted a petition to the city’s film classification authority opposing its decision to classify Beauty and the Beast as suitable for all ages. The film, which premiered in London last month, opens in most cities starting Thursday.

Given the current problem with Islam destroying Europe I give roughly the least amount of fucks about gay marriage in one of America's competitive opponents.

Check out my occasionally updated travel thread - The Wroclaw Gambit II: Dzięki Bogu - as I prepare to emigrate to Poland.

[*]While the older generation of Taiwanese men are practical and tough as nails, and are natural patriarchs, the younger generation are largely pussy-whipped faggots. I've never seen pedestalisation of woman to the same degree that I've seen it in Taiwan. It's painful to watch social settings where girls are dotingly fawned over by their boyfriends because Taiwanese girls want their love life to be nothing less than a romantic scene from a Korean soap opera. They possess a sense of entitlement and princess syndrome on steroids, and any local guy in her vicinity will acquisce to the prevailing ideas of the females of the group, and their ideas are rarely challenged. Sound familiar? It's twice as bad in Taiwan. So when a majority of women support gay marriage, guess what? That's the position the men in her life will also take.
[/list]

The best part is that many young guys here act tough and think they're hot shit (based on what, God only knows). Everything is a constant AMOG situation, even something like walking down the street, but then they're total bitches when it comes to their cold, cat-loving princess girlfriends. Sad!

Quote: (05-24-2017 07:55 AM)azulsombra Wrote:  

Quote: (05-24-2017 07:31 AM)Horus Wrote:  

Wow.

I had no idea about this. Why are so many countries electing childless and/or female heads of state? Is it because it is working out so well elsewhere?

I don't know anyone who actually likes Tsai (she's extremely dull) but the election was between two women; the KMT candidate (Hung) was perhaps the most unhinged, delusional Communist China spy to come down the pipeline in a generation, so it was more like people were voting against her.

However, I don't know what the hell the DPP was thinking nominating Tsai in the first place (the KMT only put up Hung so that it would be woman vs. woman and nobody could be accused of misogyny).

Taiwan has been the most "progressive" and gay-friendly place in Asia for a long time now. This is nothing more than a mere formality and won't change anything whatsoever.

Not surprised at all. Taiwan is probably the most liberal Asian nation and since the end of martial law it's become very trendy to spout off about human rights and virtue signal about how progressive you are. After the American ruling on gay marriage I saw tons of Taiwanese people on Facebook start using that silly rainbow filer. Personally I think it's due to the decades of martial law. The policies and actions of the KMT and their attempts to put a lid on political dissent resulted in a lot of that energy being pent up and once martial law was lifted and other political parties started taking power all of that energy bubbled over with all the recent political and social movements you've seen in the last few years. Not necessarily a bad thing by itself and I'm glad that Taiwan stands at one of the few examples of how a Han Chinese society can have a thriving democracy when Chinese societies tend to end up being heavy on the authoritarian side but the downside of it that a lot of this liberalization is accompanied by SJW nonsense. Also Taiwan's always had a pretty sizable gay scene that's attracted a lot of homosexuals from the rest of East Asia. Taipei has had the largest gay pride parade in Asia for a while now.

I've seen some talk on here about how Asia has been holding strong against a lot of the SJW tendencies that is deeply entrenched in the West but for Taiwan at least this definitely hasn't been true for the past decade or so. It was in the mid 2000s when I started noticing a lot of Taiwanese youth picking up Western trends: ie. tattoos, attention whoring on the internet and such. If any of you were in Taiwan during the 2000s you probably remember Wretch.cc which was pretty much just as trashy as anything you'll see on Instagram these days. Taiwan's also looked up to US as it's main source for pop culture with Japan running as number two so it's not surprised that any sort of social trend that gets big here in the US is going to eventually move it's way to Taiwan. I noticed that a good chunk of Westerners in Taiwan also seem to be disproportionally represented in a lot of these SJW protests and such so the effect isn't just indirect but also direct.

Horus and Laner are pretty spot on with their observations of Taiwanese society at the moment. I was visiting recently and I was hearing from relatives about how a lot of elementary schools have been closing down and how class sizes tend to be much smaller now without about 30 kids in each class as opposed to the 50+ a generation ago since so many people are having less kids or none at all. Also heard lots of talk about how a lot of Taiwanese males are becoming shut-ins who aren't interested in anything outside of gaming. A few years ago a lot of Taiwanese media were referring to Taiwanese male youth as "strawberries" with the meaning of this being that these guy were soft and easily bruised.

As for the women, I have a cousin who was working and living in Taipei for a few years and he was telling me about a woman in his office that had gotten married but was hiding it from her co-workers because she had a lot of male orbiters around and wanted the gifts and compliments and attentions that she was getting to keep flowing. He talked about there was a lot of these beta engineer dudes that had invested so much time into succeeding in the cram heavy Taiwanese education system at the expense of acquiring social skills which made them easy pray for chicks like this once they got out of school and headed into the real world. All of this is anecdotal data from one single person but I think it reflects a trend that's been taking hold for a while now.

Quote:Supreme Court of Taiwan Wrote:

"no rational basis against gay marriage...."

How about "look what's happening to the west" you ignorant assholes?

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before