rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are there any reasons NOT to expatriate from the U.S.?

For years, there were three main things that kept me in the U.S.:

(1) All my friends and family are here
(2) I've invested a lot in my career here, and I don't like being poor
(3) I want to work to make the U.S. a freer country, and a country with family laws that recognize the need for traditional sex roles (i.e. a patriarchal yet libertarian country)

As time has gone on, it seems like all those reasons have gone away. After I quit Facebook, there went most of my "friends". I was a member of the Libertarian Party, till the LP became cucked and expelled me for being too openly red pill. I was an accountant till an act of civil disobedience I committed against the state led to the destruction of my career. And now I have a Filipina wife who hasn't been able to start a business or get on track to earn much money here, and who occasionally will bring up in conversation the fact that she suggested from the beginning that maybe we should live in the Philippines.

It seems like if I stay in the U.S., I'm just sitting around doing nothing, and getting shit on for every attempt I make to try to improve this country's politics or culture. I was going to start a tech company, but my co-founders flaked out. I've attempted some lines of work outside of accounting (e.g. programming and IT work), and failed. It seems my main problems are that I'm not productive enough, and that I commit too many social faux pas in the workplace (some of which I may not even be aware of, if people don't tell me).*

Maybe I would fit into Filipino culture better. Yeah, they're poorer, but a lot of their services (e.g. medical services) are cheaper. Yeah, Filipinos aren't any more libertarian than Americans, but maybe their religious authoritarian stupidity would be a welcome change of pace from America's feminist and SJW authoritarian stupidity. From what I've seen and heard, their workers tend to be lazy as shit, so if I'm not all that productive, maybe I'd fit right in.

I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels in America. I was reading that thread African cocoa farmers try chocolate for the first time and it almost made me want to become a Ivory Coast cocoa farmer. If I die from malaria, who cares; better to go that way, than to serve no other purpose other than as a designated villain and scapegoat of feminists looking for someone to blame for their problems. If I leave the U.S., they have to find someone else to accuse of being the shitlords who prop up the (nonexistent) patriarchy.

Of course, one might argue, "You shouldn't leave; THEY should be the ones to leave, if they don't like patriarchy." I feel like the battle is already lost, though. It's gotten to a point where we can't even speak freely without hiding behind pseudonyms.

The busted dudes test offers empirical proof that the U.S. is not the best country in which to live, if you want to be appreciated and respected for what you offer as a man. Wherever I go in the U.S., I see men who have their shit together paired with post-wall hambeasts, while the cute young girls giggle at the flirting of alpha badboys. It gives the betas who would be the backbone of this country an inferiority complex, and it makes the women egotistical. Yeah, I could theoretically become a clown, but I would still have to deal with all these manginas, white knights, and "strong, independent women."

I used to think, "Oh, if I move to the Philippines, what happens if I need to buy a new laptop? It'll be hella expensive to try to buy that on the kind of income I'd likely have there." Who cares? The Internet is only needed when you live in a culture where you're so socially isolated that you need to resort to it. Filipinos are much more hospitable and friendly.

I've become much more fatalistic about the trajectory of the western world, and come to agree with Roosh that the barbarians are coming. If that's the case, then why not go to the barbarians first? If barbarism is the future, then hanging out with them makes me cutting edge! Later, after civilization collapses, we can show back up on America's shores and step out of our longboats carrying axes and wearing horned helmets. (Maybe the reason SJWs are trying to cause society to collapse, is that they secretly want to be raped and pillaged like that!)

It makes me wonder, why does ANYONE stay in the U.S.? My guess is, it's probably something similar to the three reasons I mention above.

I already have plane tickets to take a three-week vacation in the Philippines this November, so I'm thinking I'll take the next several months to get rid of any possessions I don't need anymore, scan in documents and throw away the paper copies, and generally wind up my affairs in the U.S. so that I don't need to come back here for anything.

* An example of that might be, a co-worker might say, "I haven't gotten to that," and I might ask, "Oh, so is there usually a three-week turnaround on emails?" and the co-worker will get defensive, thinking that I'm criticizing, when I was merely wanting to know what to expect so that I could plan my own work accordingly. Ironically, the same person would get on my case if I had more than 24-hour turnaround on emails.

I stay because I make money here.

Otherwise, I'd go somewhere with nice mountains with more freedom, renounce my US citizenship, tear up my blue passport, and you guys could have this piece of shit all to yourselves.

The United States is a "piece of shit".

LOL. Sure BrewDog.

I find it crazy when people call the United States shitty, say they want more freedom, and then turn around and praise what are often genuine shitholes, or other places that don't have 1/5 of the freedoms but do have 20x the corruption and bullshit.

Sucking Latina and Asian titties is excellent, but lets not pretend places like Colombia and Vietnam are the land of the free and home to all that is excellent and right. Too many guys just can't take these places for what they are and enjoy- they insist on pretending they are paradises all the way through, when that could not be further from reality to anyone who has lived in those places for years.

I've been fortunate to live all around the world in the past 15 years or so, and while the U.S. is far from perfect it offers a balance of things that really doesn't exist anywhere else, and is one of the best places to live all things considered. There are other great places too- but I wouldn't tear up my blue passport for any price.

I may or may not stay in the United States long term, but I'm perfectly happy back living here at the moment. I know I could be happy elsewhere as well, I have been many times, but I'm under no silly illusions that there exists some paradise in rural Luzon or Envigado where life is more "genuine" or "free".

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (05-19-2017 12:33 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

LOL. Sure BrewDog.

Have you been anywhere else? Or do you listen to Fox News?

The only reason I can think of, besides family, is it's easier to start a business and make money being in the U.S.

Try registering a business that you'd own 100% in Thailand as a foreigner? Good luck.

LOL. Sure BrewDog.

I find it crazy when people call the United States shitty, say they want more freedom, and then turn around and praise what are often genuine shitholes, or other places that don't have 1/5 of the freedoms but do have 20x the corruption and bullshit.

Sucking Latina and Asian titties is excellent, but lets not pretend places like Colombia and Vietnam are the land of the free and home to all that is excellent and right.
Has anyone ever caught Colombia storing my emails or listening to my phone calls or tracking all of my financial transactions?

If I were a citizen of Colombia, would anyone deny me a banking account? Ever try opening a bank account as an American citizen ANYWHERE? It's not gonna happen under FATCA.

Who has the highest corporate tax rate in the world? Hint: It's not Colombia.

Where can I walk down the street with a beer? Hint: It ain't the USA. They'll lock you in a cage.

Where can I buy pharmacy drugs without a prescription? What if I want contact lenses or a shot of testosterone or just a blue pill or two? That can happen in Colombia. It won't in America. I order my contact lenses from the UK and Canada because I can't fucking get them here without spending over $100 at the eye doctor EVERY TIME I NEED THEM.

I can play partypoker.com in Colombia. Not in the US.

You watch the video above and then tell me why America is the greatest. Please, enlighten us all. What makes America great? Why do you think you have freedom?

Sucking Latina and Asian titties is excellent, but lets not pretend places like Colombia and Vietnam are the land of the free and home to all that is excellent and right. Too many guys just can't take these places for what they are and enjoy

The reason we go abroad is not because other places are paradise, but because we can be outsiders there. Pirates. That is the sweet spot.

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

BrewDog, you need to re-read what I wrote a few more times.

I never said or tried to argue that "America is the greatest" as you put it (although I think one could make a compelling argument), you are arguing with some else in your head. I said it is one of the best places to live all things considered, and that there are other great places.

I don't care about partypoker.com, or injecting T, or free access to xanax, or that I could have someone killed for a quite reasonable fee. I'm not interested in your video clip, and it's a waste of time explaining anything to you.

I lived in Colombia for nearly 3 years, I'm well aware of the good and bad things about Colombia. That you spent some wasted months there doesn't change the obvious and significant issues.

If you like Colombia then live in Colombia, I'm all for it, there is no reason needed beyond that it makes you happy.

I like Colombia. But you're delusional if you believe Colombia affords you greater guaranteed freedoms and rights or is some benevolent paradise.

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:01 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

I don't care about partypoker.com, or injecting T, or free access to xanax, or that I could have someone killed for a quite reasonable fee. I'm not interested in your video clip, and it's a waste of time explaining anything to you.
So, you don't care about anyone else's opinions. You're just sold that America is the greatest and you won't hear any arguments otherwise. Got it. That's exactly what I thought I was dealing with.

And you're wrong that I spent "wasted months" in Colombia. Those were my very best times. If you lived there and Colombia kicked your ass, then that's unfortunate.

Everyone has their own paradise. Yours seems to be the USA. Mine isn't.

Honestly, few have what it takes to go abroad and have an overall improvement in lifestyle. Assuming that expatriating to another Western country (where the women are just as bitchy as where you came from) is not an option, you're stuck choosing from 3rd world countries.

The first 1-3 years are great, but after that the various inconveniences that come with living in a non-Western country begin to add up psychologically. Once the honeymoon period/adventure is over, many people give up and go home. The ones who stay tend not to be the successful types, but rather those who have so little going for them back home that doing so is not viable.

There are some people who stick it out long term, however.

I'm going on 6 years of time in China, albeit spread out over a little more than a decade. At this point, I'm eager to move onto the next third world country, but my hard-earned income in Beijing is good enough that a tactical exit two to three years down the road would be the wisest choice.

That doesn't stop me from wishing I was somewhere else every day. It's not that Beijing is all that terrible overall, but the psychological stress of seeing people behave as inhumanly as they do every day has added up over time.

I'm strongly considering either KL or Taipei as my next city.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:12 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

So, you don't care about anyone else's opinions. You're just sold that America is the greatest and you won't hear any arguments otherwise. Got it. That's exactly what I thought I was dealing with.

Lol, again, these words were never said, nothing even remotely like that. You're straight up trolling.

Quote:Quote:

And you're wrong that I spent "wasted months" in Colombia. Those were my very best times. If you lived there and Colombia kicked your ass, then that's unfortunate.

Yes because clearly that's exactly what I said and exactly what happened [Image: tard.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Everyone has their own paradise. Yours seems to be the USA. Mine isn't.

Again, you are arguing with the other guy in your head, as I never said or implied that at all in any way.

You are incapable of having an honest discussion, in all situations, but especially on these topics- You immediately black out and go into rants and can't read or hear what people are saying, you just ignore what is said and fly into whatever wild bullshit you were last rambling about while pounding High Life.

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:22 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

you just ignore what is said and fly into whatever wild bullshit you were last rambling about while pounding High Life.
I've had High Life once in my life.

And as far as ignoring what's said, that's more than a bit ironic of you to say.

EDIT: Can I make you understand me this way? TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! USA! USA! USA!

Are we on the same wave length now?

You can end up living a more comfortable life outside the US if you are a do-it-yourselfer. I have a garden in my back yard. The most annoying thing is when electricity and water goes out. But you learn to live with it. However, if men want to live in the US, that's ok too. Arguing is a waste of time. Just do it.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:31 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

you just ignore what is said and fly into whatever wild bullshit you were last rambling about while pounding High Life.

And as far as ignoring what's said, that's more than a bit ironic of you to say.

EDIT: Can I make you understand me this way? TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! USA! USA! USA!

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:35 AM)GlobalMan Wrote:  

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:31 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

[Image: troll.gif]

That's original. Did you come up with that yourself? I laughed so hard I dropped my malt beer into my lap.

The grass is always greener guys.... There are plenty of us Brits who would kill to have the option of living in a cabin in rural USA with acres of woods and all the guns we could store.

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Quote: (05-19-2017 02:47 AM)roberto Wrote:  

The grass is always greener guys.... There are plenty of us Brits who would kill to have the option of living in a cabin in rural USA with acres of woods and all the guns we could store.

As long as you learn the language you'll be welcome. Acknowledge that Americans invented English and there's no colours or flavours or centres here. If we don't understand you when you talk about "taking the piss" or putting something in the boot, then it's because you're talking the Queen's English and not the real one.

Remember, King George 3 was a tyrant and we're all great because of the tea rebellion. Shit like that.

I'm lying. 94% of Americans don't know any of that shit. Just show up and have a cool accent and you'll be popular. Just tell them you're Australian; they won't know the fucking diff.

Quote: (05-19-2017 01:39 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

LOL. Sure BrewDog.

Sucking Latina and Asian titties is excellent, but lets not pretend places like Colombia and Vietnam are the land of the free and home to all that is excellent and right.
Has anyone ever caught Colombia storing my emails or listening to my phone calls or tracking all of my financial transactions?

If I were a citizen of Colombia, would anyone deny me a banking account? Ever try opening a bank account as an American citizen ANYWHERE? It's not gonna happen under FATCA.

Who has the highest corporate tax rate in the world? Hint: It's not Colombia.

Where can I walk down the street with a beer? Hint: It ain't the USA. They'll lock you in a cage.

Where can I buy pharmacy drugs without a prescription? What if I want contact lenses or a shot of testosterone or just a blue pill or two? That can happen in Colombia. It won't in America. I order my contact lenses from the UK and Canada because I can't fucking get them here without spending over $100 at the eye doctor EVERY TIME I NEED THEM.

I can play partypoker.com in Colombia. Not in the US.

You watch the video above and then tell me why America is the greatest. Please, enlighten us all. What makes America great? Why do you think you have freedom?

Well at least we can refer back to this particular post in any Libertarian thread in future.

Libertarians can all move to Colombia where they can be happy and free.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-19-2017 03:09 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

Well at least we can refer back to this particular post in any Libertarian thread in future.

Libertarians can all move to Colombia where they can be happy and free.

Why don't the Republicans pay me a wage to go live in Colombia like you do to the freeloaders you giveaway my taxdollars to? If you'll give away my money to indigents and to Saudi Arabia, then at least give me a bit of my money back so that I can go away and leave you alone.

I promise you, the alt-wrong can have their USA and I'll never come back to bother you. Remaining will be the Republicans and the Democrats (which are the same). The enemy, the libertarians, will not be in your hair any longer.

Because the libertarians are your biggest problem in society, right?

OP, is this thread going in the direction you were hoping for?

No path to Colombian citizenship?

Justlanded says "live there for five years or two if you marry a local".

Seems pretty easy.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-19-2017 03:40 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

No path to Colombian citizenship?

Justlanded says "live there for five years or two if you marry a local".

Seems pretty easy.
It's pretty damn easy to get a visa. If you don't ask a Colombian girl to marry, she'll ask you.

The visa isn't the problem. It's having a job that will pay more than $10 a day. It'd be cool to have one of those US embassy jobs where they do jack fuck all day and get GS-13 pay ($130,000).

So you value a high income over your freedom?

Quote: (05-19-2017 04:06 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

So you value a high income over your freedom?
I'm not a Republican or Democrat, so I have to earn my own way in life without anyone's help. On top of that, I have to pay over 50% of my earnings to pay for freeloaders in the two major parties.

So yeah, I have to concern myself with making money.

It just seems odd that you complain about intrusive government in a first world country and romanticise freedom in a lower rent country then complain you can only make good money in the oppressive country.

[Image: 1011561.gif?b64lines=QnV0IHdhaXQgYSBtaW5...9uZnVzZWQ=]

All I ever hear libertarians talking about is how freedom = a strong economy and taxes/regulation = a terrible economy.

Not that I want to derail the OP but isn't that what this boils down to? If there was a country with this freedom you speak of AND good economic prospects wouldn't we all be rushing to gain citizenship there?