rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Todd Rundgren tells Trump supporters to stay home.

Granted, he was relevant 40 years ago, but still.....

From Huffingpaintpost-

Todd Rundgren has a warning for supporters of President Donald Trump: Keep away.

“Don’t come to my show,” Rundgren told Variety. “Because you won’t have a good time.”

Rundgren’s latest album features the anti-Trump song “Tin Foil Hat,” which he recorded with Donald Fagen of Steely Dan.

Variety’s Chris Willman said the new tune reminded him of seeing a couple walk out of a show last year after Rundgren criticized Trump from the stage. But the man behind hits such as “Hello It’s Me,” “I Saw The Light” and “Bang The Drum All Day,” said such a response doesn’t bother him.

Addressing Trump supporters, he said:

“I don’t understand your frickin’ values. Because I’m not singing about that. If you don’t understand that basic thing, you’re just fooling yourself. I guarantee that in this show, if you’re a Trump supporter, you will likely be offended. Let the buyer beware! I mean, if you can’t take a joke, or you can’t admit that you’ve made a mistake, you don’t belong with the rest of us.”
Rundgren laughed at the end of his comments, Willman noted.

I'm being completely honest and non-ironic when I say: "Who?"

Quote: (05-15-2017 09:56 AM)ColSpanker Wrote:  

Granted, he was relevant 40 years ago, but still.....

From Huffingpaintpost-

Todd Rundgren has a warning for supporters of President Donald Trump: Keep away.

“Don’t come to my show,” Rundgren told Variety. “Because you won’t have a good time.”

Rundgren’s latest album features the anti-Trump song “Tin Foil Hat,” which he recorded with Donald Fagen of Steely Dan.

Variety’s Chris Willman said the new tune reminded him of seeing a couple walk out of a show last year after Rundgren criticized Trump from the stage. But the man behind hits such as “Hello It’s Me,” “I Saw The Light” and “Bang The Drum All Day,” said such a response doesn’t bother him.

Addressing Trump supporters, he said:

“I don’t understand your frickin’ values. Because I’m not singing about that. If you don’t understand that basic thing, you’re just fooling yourself. I guarantee that in this show, if you’re a Trump supporter, you will likely be offended. Let the buyer beware! I mean, if you can’t take a joke, or you can’t admit that you’ve made a mistake, you don’t belong with the rest of us.”
Rundgren laughed at the end of his comments, Willman noted.

It shows their profound misunderstanding of how our minds work. If Hillary was being lambasted, they would lose their shit. If someone is making Trump jokes, we bust balls back, argue cogently against their point, even laugh if it's genuinely witty. Being presented with an opposing viewpoint just doesn't ruin our day.

Quote: (05-15-2017 10:39 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (05-15-2017 10:53 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2017 10:39 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

She's certainly very talented. But what makes her an expert on politics?

I'd like to hear Britney Spear's opinions on this.

"I'm getting fucking sick of guys named TODD!"

"Christian love bears evil, but it does not tolerate it. It does penance for the sins of others, but it is not broadminded about sin. Real love involves real hatred: whoever has lost the power of moral indignation and the urge to drive the sellers from temples has also lost a living, fervent love of Truth."

- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote: (05-15-2017 11:13 AM)LEMONed IScream Wrote:  

"I'm getting fucking sick of guys named TODD!"

I love Carlin and I've never seen this one.

I never thought Todd was a pussy name. For me it's got to be Tristan. It's like his momma was trying way to hard to come up with a cool name. "Here's my really cool son, Tristan." Oh yeah, well Tristan is getting his ass beat all through middle school. No tough guy has ever been named Tristan. No one has ever said, "Here comes Tristan; I hope he doesn't beat me up again!"

If any of your names are Tristan, then please forgive my transgression. And please don't beat me up.

Quote:Quote:

Fiiinally, we know who Little Dark is !!

I was considering buying a ticket to Steely Dan a few months ago. So glad I missed it now...

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

Quote: (05-23-2017 08:22 PM)MajorStyles Wrote:  

I was considering buying a ticket to Steely Dan a few months ago. So glad I missed it now...

(((Donald Fagen)))

Take care of those titties for me.

Living in a blue college town, I'm surrounded by young progressives, which I can shrug off as youthful (if misguided) idealists, but the ones who chap me are the old hippie leftists, who cling to their resentment (of enemies imagined, usually) with a bile most bitter.

As they say, small minds always need their Emmanuel Goldsteins.

There's a great quote somewhere that says not all "religions" have a god, but they do all have a devil.

That said, every Justin and Jared I've ever known was either a douche or a dweeb.

*whom, not which.

/Pedantic Powers: Activate