rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Homeopathy, does it work?

If there is a repeat of this thread here, maybe I missed it when perusing through the forum. I just got into trying out different herbs for an inflammation I had and it helped, does anyone here do this? As opposed to going to an MD for pills and bills from big pharma I mean. There is some factual evidence behind the functionality of herbs and homeopathic medicine, as far as correcting the electrical currents in the body to promote healing, but I'm not sure about all of it. A homeopath gave me a magnet to try and put on my back where I have a lot of pain and injury and it felt strange but didn't seem to do much otherwise.

Just curious to here some more experienced thoughts.

Most pharmaceuticals are derived from herbs.

I've never been to a homeopathist, but I've taken a few herbs here and there. Be careful... herbs are unregulated and dosages might vary from bottle to bottle, even from capsule to capsule.

My advice is to do your due diligence. Good luck.

Homeopathy is to modern medicine what a horse and cart are to a modern automobile, but if I were in a tight spot then I'd rather have a horse and cart than nothing at all.

I've known homeopathy to get results where mainstream doctors are forbidden from diagnosing something that doesn't conform to current medical orthodoxies, but like all fields there are idiots practitioners and savant practitioners.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

The pathways which energize and amplify the effects of homeopathic medicine are misunderstood by many, and oft derided including by me until I dove a bit deeper into the subtle psychoenergetics at work. Dr. William Tiller and company have done some compelling work to create a scientific framework for how human mind and intention influence reality and patient outcomes in medical contexts. For those interested check out the white papers at tiller.org and look for "Conscious Acts of Creation: The Emergence of a New Physics" on YouTube or Google video. I own the DVD and have met / spoke w Dr. Tiller plus other psychoenergetic researchers.

Homeopathic medicine is like game in a way; whether you think you can, or think you can't, you are right (to borrow and modify the phrase).

Homeopathy == placebo

That and it's easier to stay away from certain unhealthy things (read: have a healthy diet) when someone you pay $100/hour tells you to.

Some homeopathic meds do seem to have some effect and there is maybe a reason why taking them for a prolonged period actually improves the physical condition slightly faster than if you did nothing.

But I would classify Herbalism as more effective.

And then orthomolecular medicine as even far more effective - try treating a cold with high-dosage vitamin C at doses of 20.000-80.000mg per 24h and try doing it with conventional meds and then again with homeopathic meds.

The vitamin C at that dose will get rid of sore throat within 15 minutes. Withing 30 minutes you will have an amazing receding of all symptoms of a massive cold or even flu - like close to zero symptoms - now vitamin C will not automatically cure you, but the illness is super-easy and passes away in the normal time-frame.

There are herbs which might have some smoothing effects, but try finding a Herbalist doctor in our times.

Conventional meds are occasionally good enough on that front, but in comparison with high-dosage orthomolecular treatments it is like an old Fiat Punto from the 1970s vs a Lamborghini.

Homeopathy from what I took takes even longer and you will feel miserable just as well - difficult to tell whether there was much difference from placebo at least with some things like a cold. It may be effective on other things.

I've tried homeopathic therapies about 10 - 12 years ago to cure my allergies - never to any avail, so I'm not inclined to spend any money on it for possible future health issues. I tend to agree with the view that it "works" as placebo on some people.

On a side note, I do not believe taking prescription medicine unless absolutely necessary (ie to kill a bacterial infection) is any good for our bodies. The best approach is the simplest one: Live a healthy life wherever possible.

If you know the least amount of high school chemistry, you will realize why it doesn't work. I don't know if the original herbs have any medicinal power, but they dilute it and dilute it and dilute it so much, that by the end there is 0% of the original medicine left.

Literally, zero molecules, only water. If you take half medicine/half water, then dilute half of that with water, then again, a dozen times, by the end you are left with 100% molecules of water, that's how chemistry works.

They try to sell you that water "remembers" something about the original characteristics of the mix... but even a kid knows that two H atoms and one O cannot remember, all water molecules are exactly identical in the universe.

That being said, the solution is just being healthy. Some extreme cases require modern medicine, but if you need pills all the time, something is wrong with your life.

What about the pellets instead of the liquid drops? They have somewhat of a plant-like strange taste to them. I do have the sensation in my body that the pain has subsided in the affected area where the two I took were supposed to help in.

Quote: (05-14-2017 04:01 AM)Quaestum Wrote:  

I've tried homeopathic therapies about 10 - 12 years ago to cure my allergies - never to any avail, so I'm not inclined to spend any money on it for possible future health issues. I tend to agree with the view that it "works" as placebo on some people.

On a side note, I do not believe taking prescription medicine unless absolutely necessary (ie to kill a bacterial infection) is any good for our bodies. The best approach is the simplest one: Live a healthy life wherever possible.

I cured all my allergies by cutting out the most toxic foods - artificial sweeteners, MSG (it's in many many foods and a lot of restaurant foods). I treated my pollen allergies just with 10-20.000 mg per day when I had the allergy and it went fine. Within 4 years all allergies disappeared. I had those starting in my mid 20s, so I was born with zero. I first got pollen allergies and then it went to peanuts. Now I got rid of them and I read that this is how it works.

Also I am taking high-potency supplements since a few years, so that probably helps also. Allergies if they are already strong don't disappear over night, but the body gets rid of the toxins which caused them (usually unrelated to what you are allergic to) and then you are free once again.

Quote: (05-13-2017 01:35 PM)jbo Wrote:  

Homeopathy == placebo

That and it's easier to stay away from certain unhealthy things (read: have a healthy diet) when someone you pay $100/hour tells you to.

That is the dilemma. Placebos can work incredibly well. It might just take the certificate on the practitioner's wall and paying a $100 to get a patient to believe they will get well.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

I don't doubt that it is a placebo, but I had a flare up of epididymitis, which can be idiopathic in nature if there is no underlying cause, and the little mixture I took (pellets not liquid) helped greatly to stop it. About the cancer cures I'm not so sure, I've heard all kinds of theories from the simplest being oxygen can cure cancer, to let alone a mixture of herbs and vitamins, and the big pharma way of destroying peoples lives with chemo and rad treatment.

I agree, placebo isn't necessarily a bad thing. If it helps someone it is in fact better than "real" drugs.

Quote: (05-14-2017 10:43 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

I cured all my allergies by cutting out the most toxic foods - artificial sweeteners, MSG (it's in many many foods and a lot of restaurant foods). I treated my pollen allergies just with 10-20.000 mg per day when I had the allergy and it went fine. Within 4 years all allergies disappeared. I had those starting in my mid 20s, so I was born with zero. I first got pollen allergies and then it went to peanuts. Now I got rid of them and I read that this is how it works.

Also I am taking high-potency supplements since a few years, so that probably helps also. Allergies if they are already strong don't disappear over night, but the body gets rid of the toxins which caused them (usually unrelated to what you are allergic to) and then you are free once again.

This is what I mean about homeopaths being free to diagnose issues that are taboo for mainstream doctors to suggest.

When I was a kid I had an allergy to milk products and wheat products. They caused me serious breathing problems at the time. Hospital serious. But the orthodoxy was that there was no causal link between a patient's diet and their asthma so we were sternly told that all anecdotal evidence of my airways contracting every time I drank milk was either fictitious or wildly coincidental. The word of the medical association was law, and to contradict is was to tear up your practitioner's license. Better for people to die than question the orthodoxy.

So I was taken to a homeopath that told us, yes, diet can affect asthma. Stop eating wheat products and drinking/eating milk products. One year later my monthly trips to the ED had been reduced to zero and I was doing marathons with the rest of the kids.

The flaw with modern medicine is not that it's lacking in options. The flaw is that they'd rather see you die than say "we were wrong" or "we don't know".

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (05-15-2017 08:41 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

The flaw with modern medicine is not that it's lacking in options. The flaw is that they'd rather see you die than say "we were wrong" or "we don't know".

I think I may need to roll this up one day in a thread. Western medicine brought us trauma treatments of immense capabilities, Western medicine also gave us the ability to sow your arm (or a stranger's arm) back and have it working [seldom used on soldiers due to cost and not inability].

The problem however began over 100 years ago when the Rockefeller financed chemical complex started financing all medical colleges which only focused on the treatments that they deemed most profitable - patentable, profitable, petroleum-derived, agenda-driven. After a few short decades no other college remained open and in 1900 herbalists and homoepathy were as big as what we call current conventional ones.

So of course nutrition, lack of toxins (pesticides and terrible toxins even in simple foods like wheat or milk), herbs, high-dosage vitamins used as simple cures - all of that became forbidden.

Also keep in mind - JD Rockefeller had a personal homeopath doctor in his retainer. So even while he was advancing a different kind of medicine for everyone, he himself used a more holistic approach to his own health.

And keep in mind - I am absolutely for the scientific process, but that process has been utterly perverted in our times.

It works excellently; use Boiron

http://www.boironusa.com/

Headaches, allergies, it's never failed me, if used exactly as directed.

Zelcorpion, I couldn't upvote this enough man, everything they do is to keep you in treatment and to keep either your insurance or your pocketbook emptying smoothly into their accounts.

There has to be a way to reverse this, will have to wait until after the fall though. Western medicine is a fucked up lunocracy.

Quote: (05-15-2017 09:14 AM)Zelcorpion Wrote:  

Quote: (05-15-2017 08:41 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I think I may need to roll this up one day in a thread. Western medicine brought us trauma treatments of immense capabilities, Western medicine also gave us the ability to sow your arm (or a stranger's arm) back and have it working [seldom used on soldiers due to cost and not inability].

The problem however began over 100 years ago when the Rockefeller financed chemical complex started financing all medical colleges which only focused on the treatments that they deemed most profitable - patentable, profitable, petroleum-derived, agenda-driven. After a few short decades no other college remained open and in 1900 herbalists and homoepathy were as big as what we call current conventional ones.

So of course nutrition, lack of toxins (pesticides and terrible toxins even in simple foods like wheat or milk), herbs, high-dosage vitamins used as simple cures - all of that became forbidden.

Also keep in mind - JD Rockefeller had a personal homeopath doctor in his retainer. So even while he was advancing a different kind of medicine for everyone, he himself used a more holistic approach to his own health.

And keep in mind - I am absolutely for the scientific process, but that process has been utterly perverted in our times.

Proponents of the Western orthodoxy now patrol the Internet trying to shout down proponents of alternative medicine in open forums. For example, if you try to introduce an academic paper as source in a Wikipedia article about homeopathy that casts homeopathy in a good light (and yes, such papers exist, mainly by Indian researchers because homeopathy is widely practiced in India) you will be reverted immediately and get banned. Like human-caused climate change, there is a cult of belief around Western medical orthodoxy that brooks no dissent.

[Image: dilution-6_1424436066.jpg]

[Image: Evidence+for+Homeopathy]

"Does Homeopathy Work?"

You mean all of the time? Some of the time? Half of the time or more? To an acceptable extent when it does? Shows any measurable effect?

Here's my study. I took two panadol and I still have a headache.

Ergo modern medicine does not work. Scrap it all. Useless. "Does not work".

[Image: laugh3.gif]

Quote: (05-14-2017 04:01 AM)Quaestum Wrote:  

some things work, some things don't, its all a matter of your perspective.

I have suffered from allergies, sinus infections, and osteo arthritis for years. Took prescription medicine, antibiotics, etc. for years. the antibiotics screwed up my intestinal bacteria and made me feel lethargic for years.

I have started eating better. Little gluten, more veggies. I supplement with spirulina and tumeric, and my sinus infections and allergies have almost gone away, and my arthritis pain is reduced about 80%.

so in my case i would say a lot of traditional medicine is a placebo or worse, since not only is it expensive but its unhealthy.

I don't know what the term is for what i did - nutrition? herbalism? I don't know, but it worked for me. I feel much healthier. And I learned it from people who call themselves homeopaths.

Of course, there are homeopaths that are complete quacks too.

My point is there is value and dangers in both. Its not an all or none thing. There is more truth in homeopathy, and more falsity in corporate medicine, than is acknowledged.

I've posted about my doc before.

My family and I have had excellent results with homeopathy for chronic issues, specifically skin rashes and breathing allergies.

In my case I'm skeptical about a placebo effect because during the treatment I was a kid who couldn't care less about it, so I don't see how I would have been persuaded to improve my own condition.

There was also no change in diet - from what I remember, that topic was not given particular attention.

The only other explanation I could see, besides de medication actually working, was that my issues had an emotional component to them. My crisis would be stronger and more frequent if I was excited or anxious about something. Since the doc's appointments were also like therapy (a lot of talking about my life and non-relates subjects), I reckon if the issues were emotion based then the talking might have helped big time.

I'm a believer in homeopathy for the treatment of chronic and some autoimmune issues but I wouldn't use for the flu, cancer or any fast acting disease.

I cured all my allergies by cutting out the most toxic foods - artificial sweeteners, MSG (it's in many many foods and a lot of restaurant foods). I treated my pollen allergies just with 10-20.000 mg per day when I had the allergy and it went fine. Within 4 years all allergies disappeared. I had those starting in my mid 20s, so I was born with zero. I first got pollen allergies and then it went to peanuts. Now I got rid of them and I read that this is how it works. [...]

10 - 20 mg of...the allergen I presume? I'm currently undergoing hyposensitisation (immunotherapy) which is - thinking about it - somehow the same as you get the allergen directly injected into your body. I've been doing it almost a year now, albeit with a long break due to my clinic's supplier screwing up; I have yet to see results worth mentioning. Mind you I've had peanut allergy since I'm born and the pollen came up around age 10.

In NZ it's not paid for by health insurance, I wonder whether this qualifies as "homeopathy", to come back to the topic.

Quote: (05-17-2017 06:22 PM)Quaestum Wrote:  

I cured all my allergies by cutting out the most toxic foods - artificial sweeteners, MSG (it's in many many foods and a lot of restaurant foods). I treated my pollen allergies just with 10-20.000 mg per day when I had the allergy and it went fine. Within 4 years all allergies disappeared. I had those starting in my mid 20s, so I was born with zero. I first got pollen allergies and then it went to peanuts. Now I got rid of them and I read that this is how it works. [...]

10 - 20 mg of...the allergen I presume? I'm currently undergoing hyposensitisation (immunotherapy) which is - thinking about it - somehow the same as you get the allergen directly injected into your body. I've been doing it almost a year now, albeit with a long break due to my clinic's supplier screwing up; I have yet to see results worth mentioning. Mind you I've had peanut allergy since I'm born and the pollen came up around age 10.

In NZ it's not paid for by health insurance, I wonder whether this qualifies as "homeopathy", to come back to the topic.

Nah nah - allergy treatment via vitamin C has nothing to do with the pollen or allergens.

10.000mg to 20.000mg of pure vitamin C I took to suppress all the negative reaction to pollen. Vitamin C at that dose works by turbo-boosting your immune system so that the body deals with the allergy - regardless of allergen - by itself. That is how orthomolecular medicine works:

http://www.doctoryourself.com/allergies_2.html

The funny part is that 10.000-20.000mg of vitamin C taken without my allergies would have resulted in a saturation reaction of my body (strange painless diarrhea like pissing crap - passes in 15 minutes). During my allergies, my body needed that vitamin C to feel good and not have a sneeze fest and itching going on. I was absolutely clear while standing surrounded by birch trees.

But as I said - that was 3 years ago. I am 99% free of it by now.

Very interesting, thank you! I'll definitely try this next summer once my pollen allergy kicks in.

You're lucky that the allergies just disappeared. Food has definitely a lot to do with it though, I had eczema all my life and once I found out my body doesn't like cow milk, I stopped drinking it and now, it's essentially gone.