rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Biology Field Technician: Easy Pickins For Young, Fit Men

This is a hybrid of a lifestyle and game post, but I chose to put it in the Game forum because I think it’s the more important consideration here. Feel free to move it. I’m talking about a little known opportunity for young (early 20’s – early 30’s), fit men to cash in on some easily available poon from young athletic females, potentially from around the world. Meanwhile you’ll be able to visit some parts of the country and world that few people experience and gain valuable job skills.

I did this for awhile and I had ample opportunities available to me even as someone in sub-par physical shape and sporting negative Game (think “nice guy game”). The Greeks would need to add several letters to the alphabet to characterize my dealings with women at this time, so for members and readers of this forum it can really be like shooting fish in a barrel. I feel I’ve gained a lot spending a couple months here so this is a way for me to give back and I hope some of you can make good use of what I’m about to discuss.

I know this is a long post, but I erred on the side of comprehensive as opposed to TLDR.

What is it?
As a field technician your primary duty is to collect data for biology research projects related to birds, mammals, reptiles/amphibians, plants, and/or insects. You’ll be employed by universities, public agencies, or non-profits/NGOs. You’ll be working outside and doing various types of surveys – identifying species, counting species, observing animals, handling animals (measuring, tagging, attaching tracking devices), tracking animals, and assessing habitat/vegetation covers most of it. Usually there’s a bit of data entry that goes along with this. Jobs are seasonal with the average stint being 3-4 months, the range for me was 1-6 months.

Who do you work with?
Here’s the important part. While some jobs require you to be mostly on your own, you’ll want to focus on jobs that are comprised of crews which can range from a handful to over 20 people. Each has their advantages for gaming purposes. Your crewmates will be young and at least in decent shape, generally liking to party. Some are hippy types, but socioculturally it covers a wider spectrum than you might think. Most technicians are getting experience in between college and grad school while some do it to live a semi-nomadic lifestyle which allows for many travel opportunities.

The girls who choose to do jobs like this are the “adventurous” type almost always meaning that they’re going to be sexually adventurous as well. These are not the type of girls that are wanting to be celibate for 3 months. They WILL be involved with one or more of the crewmembers before it ends so it might as well be you. Some of them come in saying they have boyfriends, but these are usually just alternative “dick in a glass case” options. Very few are actually in serious committed relationships, and in these cases the boyfriend will come to visit at some point during the season. These are easy to screen out as the girl will mention the word “boyfriend” in the first sentence she speaks to you along with most subsequent sentences. Almost always being fit, into running, yoga, etc., these females seek similar mates. These are the kind of girls who love the river guide types – tall, muscular, tan, good hair, talk slowly, weird lingo. Climbers and hard core skiers, etc. are among the preferred archetypes, but i’s not necessary to be one of these.
On the male side there’s much more variation. This type of work tends to attract a lot of misfits and oddballs. Therefore being a normally sociable person will put you in a very high percentile and having the slightest knowledge of Game will skyrocket you to the very top. In a small crew there may only be one pairing of single male and female so those are gimmees, but large crews offer numerous avenues for success.

Another big perk is that there’s no expectation of a LTR. In rare cases couples will continue to be together after the season is over, but you already have the seasonal nature of the lifestyle built in along with the fact that people come from all over the country/world usually making a real relationship unfeasible. Best case scenario you stay in touch with the person and have an easy guaranteed hook up next time you pass through their area. Related to this point, you can build up a pretty reliable geographically large social circle by getting along well with people and you can have a place to stay or party as you travel around.

What’s the living situation like?
It can be anything – I’ve lived in trailers, my car, a tent, a house. Housing is usually provided – I only once had to pay rent in roughly 10 jobs of this nature and even then it was minimal. Even if you’re in a tent it will be a communal living situation. You’ll be spending a lot of time with your crewmates during and outside of work and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop attraction and comfort. Early on, the more eager males will wantonly throw themselves at the females immediately removing themselves from consideration. You may not have to do anything aside from sitting back and letting the others take themselves out of contention.

Work is the time to display your physical prowess. When working with females you will outlift, outcarry, and outdistance them. You will take the lead and remain calm in tense situations. Simply put, you will be better overall.

Then you carry this over into the social situations outside of work. Apply whatever style of Game you run – be the funniest, the most dominant, the most interesting, the center of attention (guitar skills help in this regard) or whatever, but just be the best at it. I worked with a guy who was pretty jacked and he succeeded running almost pure Clown Game – funny voices, repeated expressions. Sprinkle in a dash of full-on dominant asshole (threats of violence included) and no surprise he was one of the 4 single guys to snag one of the 2 available pussies. The other guy was a pure natural and had a well developed persona of extremely loud wild and crazy party guy, extreme skier, bizarre combination of hippie and redneck. Of course each of them wanted both of the chicks and clashing was inevitable but it stayed one on one.

The strategy of allowing the eager males to disqualify themselves has an analog in larger crews. When multiple females are living and working in close proximity, you can be sure there will be Real World style drama as the girls clash and split into factions. You just step back and let this all play out while maintaining good relations with both sides. You can gain respect by showing yourself to be above the pettiness and bitches from all the factions will think you’re on their side. All you have to do is not say anything and avoid gossiping like a bitch.

How Do I Get Started?
Almost always volunteering is going to be your way to get your foot in the door. You can volunteer on top of having a regular job to begin with, or if you have some funds saved up you can do a full time volunteering gig. There are a lot of perks to some volunteer opportunities. Many of these are international so you can basically build a vacation around a volunteer season. You’ll probably have to pay for airfare, but depending on the gig you can get housing and food covered and when you’re done you’ll already be in some cool location and you can start traveling on your own. The hook up situation here is solid. You’re living in the jungle with some young girls from around the world? They’re of course going to be a bit overwhelmed and looking for a dependable man to make them feel comfortable. For volunteer jobs the atmosphere is pretty relaxed and the work hours aren’t too bad so you have a lot of time to develop a personal relationship. Closer to home you can volunteer at your nearest nature center.

If you’re still in college, take an ecology class as an elective if it’s not related to your major. See if any biology grad students need assistants. Otherwise take the initiative and build some skills on your own. Get some field guides (Audubon, Peterson, Smithsonian, National Geographic; different disciplines may have specific books that are popular) and start learning how to identify stuff. Hunting and fishing involve a lot of skills that carry over.

Once you have some experience as a volunteer you can get into paying jobs although at first some might be internships that pay a stipend of something on the order of $30/day, again with free housing and sometimes food included. These are jobs with big crews and young people so socially it will be what you’re looking for so it’s worthwhile if your finances can handle it. Getting good recommendations from each job is crucial so make sure you do a good job and get along well with everyone. The more experience and recommendations you get the more choice you’ll have in the jobs you take.

Depending on the job you’re likely to need some amount of gear – tent, sleeping bag, sturdy backpacks of different sizes, rain gear and other hiking clothes, possibly a decent pair of binoculars. Some of this stuff can be expensive, but there are always options such as REI’s garage sales where they sell stuff that people returned (often for no good reason after using once or twice) for half off or even less.

Then What?
Do the kind of work you enjoy in places you want to be. Socially, the best gigs are in large national parks. There are many young foreign people working all over the park, but usually in concessions or something boring so you can be sure they want to let loose on their free time. Don’t forget that park rangers are in a similar position to you – young people who want to live a seasonal lifestyle and have fun. Whatever organization or agency you work for may have other crews working in the same places so you’ll have a bit of a social network already built in and maybe they have a house for parties.

The usual options are available to you, regular night game in the nearest town and online “dating.” I’ve had dates and bangs from online options in situations ranging from a town of 1,000 people to a city with a metro population of over a million. This was before Tinder and various hook up apps existed; I was using OkCupid and even MySpace. You’re a traveler and you have an interesting story to tell so you can definitely make yourself stand out. A lot of people aren’t aware of this lifestyle so there’s some kind of exotic, cowboy factor that you can work to your advantage.

You can do this for as long as you want. There are no commitments and you can evaluate your options as each job ends. If you’re masculine and can socialize in a way that’s congruent with the Good Ole Boys who rule the roost in the parts of the country where most of this work takes place then you can build some valuable career connections, keeping in mind that it isn’t a high paying career path.

Pros & Cons

Pros: I’ve discussed many of these – travel, something different and non-corporate. But others include:

• Unplugging – as recently as 2014 there were times when I was only using the internet for an hour a week and it was quite pleasant. Admittedly I would sometimes watch and download TV episodes or movies, but I mostly amused myself by socializing, reading books, or just walking around outside.

• Even if you’re not interested in long term work in this field, the job skills can be spun to apply to any type of work. Working well with others, being able to work independently, working in potentially stressful situations, organization, attention to detail, and on and on.

• You can gather some pretty cool stories. I can talk about the time I was in a high speed pickup truck chase, eluded dastardly tweakers, nearly got killed by lightning, saw mountain lions, etc.

• Along with that you can get some top notch pictures for your various profiles. Holding animals, in beautiful areas, etc. Definitely not your average selfie. I get many Tinder and Bumble matches just on the strength of these photos. Also having great pictures to show off is a great way to get someone back to your place.

• Allows for a minimalist lifestyle. For awhile everything I owned fit in a car, and there’s really something to be said for that.

Cons:
• $$$$$. I had some OK paying jobs that were much better than flipping burgers but still not what you’d call lucrative. Federal government-wise, years of experience only qualified me to be a GS-5 which paid decently when I got time and a half on Saturdays. Hopefully you’re not paying rent and your recurring monthly expenses are no more than car insurance, car payment, and disaster health insurance. Your savings account will not be bursting at the seams but you can make it work.

• It’s unlikely that you’ll be able to eat, sleep, and work out on a normal schedule. In more remote areas you can’t be too picky about what food you get at the IGA and you will often work weird hours. For exercise you can make due with bands, bodyweight, etc. Once I lived in my tent for a season and I hung a TRX from a sturdy tree branch. So you’ll need to be creative but don’t expect to add a lot of mass. If you’re like me and have crummy genetics such that muscle melts off you without constant lifting then the best you can hope for is to bulk up ahead of time if you can.

• Sometimes the working conditions can be a bummer. My worst experience was working in horrible invasives in a riparian area – think impenetrable Salt Cedar, Russian Olive, Stinging Nettle. It can be extremely hot, cold, or windy. Sometimes you’re on rough terrain, you’ll end up with some scrapes and bruises, maybe a twisted knee or ankle. One day my partner stepped on a yellow jacket nest and got stung six times including inside her nostril. Sunbrun, dehydration, you get the idea.

• Obviously you’re not living a luxurious lifestyle by any means. If you have a low threshold for discomfort then this type of lifestyle is not for you. If you need the hustle and bustle of a large urban area, then you probably haven’t even read this far.

• The nomadic lifestyle can wear on you after awhile. Not having a stable living situation, a nearby circle of friends, the options of LTR. This will naturally vary by person so know yourself and think about what you’re willing to deal with.

So there you have it. If you’re looking to shake things up and hopefully scoop up some young pussy along the way then head on out there. I was working in a horribly boring job doing dreary computer mapping tasks for my county. I started doing Google searches from my desk and ended up here:

http://wfscjobs.tamu.edu/job-board/

and my life changed dramatically after that.

That website covers most everything that’s available, but this one: http://conbio.org/

has some other international volunteering opportunities.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I have been passionate about the outdoors before I was ten. Thank you for posting I'm going to seriously consider doing this.

This is a good write up. I think I'll look into this.

Thanks for this great datasheet. I'll look into this.

I worked a lot of seasonal field work and other related (tourism/outdoors) jobs in my younger days, and wouldn't really recommend field work for getting laid sake. Sure it can be done and there are some field work positions that are a lot better than others, but often the problems of too much drama (in the case of living and working 24/7 with multiple girls you are trying to bang) and often quite isolated (can't often go into town to bang any other girls) are not helping you out one bit.

If this is your passion and the job is worth it, you can have a GREAT summer. You might get 1 "girlfriend" out of it, or you might get stuck with all dudes.

If your goal is to bang girls and not so much to gain job experience, there may be other similar types of jobs like river rafting guide, camp staff (you bang the other counselors who are mostly all women), or anything tourism/outdoor related in a party or outdoorsy type location that would be much better logistically.

I've recently left my ad agency job and and am now weighing different career paths.

This is very interesting. You mentioned taking a basic ecology class, do you think any scientific degree in particular would boost your resume in the hiring process? I have no experience hunting or fishing, but the pro's/con's resonate with me.