rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ESPN will cut more than 100 employees today

It's been widely reported that ESPN's liberal slant has caused a ton of subscribers to leave. Well, I guess the liberal nonsense has finally caught up with them.

I'm curious to see if these employees will be the liberals or the normal guys like Curt Schilling who was fired last year. So the question is - will ESPN trim the liberal fat or double down?

Quote:Quote:

ESPN will cut more than 100 employees today, Yahoo Finance has learned. That number is much bigger than the 40-50 that was initially reported. ESPN aims to notify all of the people today, if it can do so.

It has been widely reported for weeks that big cuts are coming to ESPN—so widely reported, and dissected, and gossiped about, in fact, that ESPN moved up its schedule and is notifying people earlier than it originally planned.

The 100 people getting cut are all “on-air talent,” a label ESPN uses for TV personalities, radio hosts, and writers who regularly appear on TV and radio. (ESPN says it has 1,000 such people, prior to these cuts.)

In addition to those 100, a “limited number of other positions will also be affected,” according to a note sent to all employees on Wednesday morning from ESPN president John Skipper.

A source tells Yahoo Finance the number of non-talent getting cut is indeed a “very limited” number, but nonetheless, the number is on top of the 100 on-air talents.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/espn-...57142.html

Good. ESPN has been unwatchable for years. Fuck em.

But...but...Caitlin stunning and brave!

Please let Max "How DARE you normalize Trump" Kellerman, the patron saint of white liberal guilt, be on that list.

Disney owns ESPN.

To repeat myself, the mouse ruins everything.

King Midas has the golden touch, but Mickey Mouse has the copro touch.

The gym I go to has this shit on all the time in the locker room. It's always some broad and a mangina acting like a player trade is really dramatic and completely failing at it. All their shows that I've seen are essentially The View with a sports background.

Roosh called this.

I'm the King of Beijing!

It was on in the weight room this morning. Have you seen that they recently started doing a daily Top 10 countdown of the top plays from women's sports? People have been telling them that they have too much coverage of women's sports and it's contributing to their subscriber decline, and what do they do but double-down on it. I wonder how many women will get the pink slip today? The "E" is ESPN should stand for estrogen.

Quote: (04-26-2017 10:31 AM)IvanDrago Wrote:  

Good. ESPN has been unwatchable for years. Fuck em.

Agreed. Back in the day, Sportscenter was a must watch every morning. Nothing but sports highlights. But they just kept adding more and more social commentary and actual sports highlights became secondary. Also, way too many talking head shows of jerkoffs yelling over each other.

I still would follow sports from their website once I moved to China. But the Rhonda Roussey bandwagon was full speed ahead and I could not care less about Steph Curry's day to day life, and nothing but pointless tweet after tweet. It's been a couple years I think since I've been on their site.

Quote:Quote:

ESPN will cut more than 100 employees today, Yahoo Finance has learned. That number is much bigger than the 40-50 that was initially reported.

[Image: highfive.gif]

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

They have a solution...not to fear! Mike Greenberg leaving ‘Mike and Mike,’ will host own show on ESPN: See link

Can you feel the excitement, America...can you feel it?

"Action still preserves for us a hope that we may stand erect." - Thucydides (from History of the Peloponnesian War)

But is this because of political shilling, or society's move from cable/TV to internet streaming? I hope it is just rewards, but I think it is more likely systemic change.

Quote: (04-26-2017 12:00 PM)scrambled Wrote:  

But is this because of political shilling, or society's move from cable/TV to internet streaming? I hope it is just rewards, but I think it is more likely systemic change.

I wouldn't say this is a real loss. ESPN started to allocate more of their funds & time slots to this analysis/paralysis non-sense when they never should have gone in that direction around the mid-2000s. Now, they're being dragged back down to earth due to loss of actual sports coverage.

There isn't a real need to watch an hour of Sportscenter to get a 20 second glimpse of highlights you care about when you can pull those same highlights off of Youtube on demand.

It used to take days for hockey/basketball highlights to be uploaded onto Youtube after games ended. That period was then trimmed down until the next morning...followed by me actually being able to watch these same highlights on demand one hour after games ended that same night.

If you're interested in hearing more analysis about individual teams you actually care about, individuals are starting eblogs via Youtube which gives you direct access on demand at a click of the mouse.

That also gives ESPN less weight while they continue to push stupid agendas like steroids in baseball, how can the gender gap be closed in sports popularity, LBJ/D-Wade's friendship, etc etc.

Quote: (04-26-2017 10:45 AM)Chevy Woonsocket Wrote:  

The gym I go to has this shit on all the time in the locker room.

It's always on when I am in the locker room too and it's usually the time "Around the Horn" is on. With that little fucking weasel host with the slicked back hair.

EVERY TIME there is a female personality on the show, she wins the final segment and gets "Face Time" where she can remind the viewers how exciting women sports are and how the patriarchy will burn. Every. Fucking. Time.

That lesbian Kate Fagan actually has a cute face and would be attractive if her hair wasn't cut with an axe. Shame.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

I'll be interested to see how many women and black men are on the list.

It's a combination of both, I think. I remember when ESPN first started, they used to fill in dead time during weekdays or late at night by showing games from other worldwide sports, like Australian Rules Football, bowling, or cricket matches. I think they should have stuck to that instead of trying to fill the time with talking head analyst shows full of women trying to promote women's sports and domestic violence awareness. If ESPN's dead time was filled with actual sporting events, I would probably put it on as background in my house all the time. I find the analyst sportstalk shows to be really annoying.

Please have Jamele Hill be one of the 100.

Quote: (04-26-2017 01:38 PM)C-Note Wrote:  

It's a combination of both, I think. I remember when ESPN first started, they used to fill in dead time during weekdays or late at night by showing games from other worldwide sports, like Australian Rules Football, bowling, or cricket matches. I think they should have stuck to that instead of trying to fill the time with talking head analyst shows full of women trying to promote women's sports and domestic violence awareness. If ESPN's dead time was filled with actual sporting events, I would probably put it on as background in my house all the time. I find the analyst sportstalk shows to be really annoying.

I agree with this fully. I want to watch sports, not watch people talk about sports.

But how else am I going to see Caitlyn Jenner pitch the first ball at a major league baseball game!?

[Image: a5073fc1f1a8d05040e94441518f0c3f_one-of-...11-366.gif]

Quote: (11-15-2014 09:06 AM)Little Dark Wrote:  
This thread is not going in the direction I was hoping for.

Quote: (04-26-2017 12:58 PM)Vill@in Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2017 10:45 AM)Chevy Woonsocket Wrote:  

The gym I go to has this shit on all the time in the locker room.
It's always on when I am in the locker room too and it's usually the time "Around the Horn" is on. With that little fucking weasel host with the slicked back hair.

EVERY TIME there is a female personality on the show, she wins the final segment and gets "Face Time" where she can remind the viewers how exciting women sports are and how the patriarchy will burn. Every. Fucking. Time.

That's farther than I ever get. As soon as I hear the people speaking I mute the TV, don't even care if somebody is watching it.

Now the only problem is that with ESPN gone, even more TV's in the gym will be tuned to daytime TV drama crap. If somebody opened a gym with NO TV's I would pay a premium to go.

Be a shame if someone took an icepick to all the coax connections on those TV's.

Maybe with the Jews who run it now, but not when Walt and his family ran it.

The guy is rolling in his grave.

Quote: (04-26-2017 02:41 PM)Chevy Woonsocket Wrote:  

Now the only problem is that with ESPN gone, even more TV's in the gym will be tuned to daytime TV drama crap. If somebody opened a gym with NO TV's I would pay a premium to go.

Be a shame if someone took an icepick to all the coax connections on those TV's.

The gym I joined in Vietnam (nicest gym I have seen anywhere in the world) had TV's everywhere.... an all they showed was UFC fights. I loved that fucking gym... an it was only like 50 bucks a month for a membership.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Wait...does this mean I will have to figure out which players have "sneaky" athleticism and "deceptive" speed all on my own now???

So far the list is a bunch of nobodies. The only one who seems to be someone I know is Jayson Stark. I really don't have a clue who the vast majority are. The Kellermans, Hills, smiths, etc don't seem like being axed.

Quote: (04-26-2017 04:15 PM)floor7 Wrote:  

So far the list is a bunch of nobodies. The only one who seems to be someone I know is Jayson Stark. I really don't have a clue who the vast majority are. The Kellermans, Hills, smiths, etc don't seem like being axed.

A lot of the bigger names have taken salary cuts.

I'm not shedding a tear for any of them!
Quote:[url=https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/857217145318649856][/url]

Quote: (04-26-2017 03:21 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Quote: (04-26-2017 02:41 PM)Chevy Woonsocket Wrote:  

The gym I joined in Vietnam (nicest gym I have seen anywhere in the world) had TV's everywhere.... an all they showed was UFC fights. I loved that fucking gym... an it was only like 50 bucks a month for a membership.

Was it that Saigon gym located in an apartment building just outside D1? Had a couple of squat racks and an outdoor pool.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT