rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thailand - 3 week trip Data Sheet (Phuket, Samui, Phangan, Chiang Mai, BKK

Hi,

I've been researching these forums before my trip quite a bit (actually decided on my destination based on posts here) and thought I'd give a little back from my limited yet recent experience. Note that I do not consider myself a player (I'd rate my game as "OK"), and I would not rate the two friends who came with me as good wingmen at all, so the results and impressions of readers with better game will probably vary.

Phuket (Patong) - 2 nights. As most of you probably know, Patong is terrible. Lady boys, pros, and strippers are everywhere, and everything is loud and expensive. You can't walk 3 meters in the street without some idiot hassling you to get inside their joint. We were so put off by the place, we didn't even try entering any of the clubs, so I can't offer any insight other than my doubt that anything good would come out of them.

Koh Phi Phi - 5 nights. This was our favorite place of the trip. Small island, great young atmosphere, nice bars in the evening and good beach parties at night. In the day, they have some viewpoints to go see and all sorts of daily boat parties / rides where you visit some islands and beaches. We went to Bob's Booze Cruise which was fun but expensive (we paid 3000 BHT, where you can get similar trips for 1500-2500). We took a hotel right on the beach which was expensive (4000-5000 BHT per room per night) but the pool was nice and just in front of the beach. More importantly, pulling a girl straight from the beach had much simpler logistics, which I took advantage of with a cute Mexican American.

Koh Samui (Bophut) - 2 nights. This area is more chill and relaxed than the main party beach Chaweng. The beach was nothing to speak of and during the day there wasn't much to do. My friends went to some Karting place. On Friday night the fisherman's village is a good option (we went to a salsa club there which was pretty cool and we met some girls we went out with the next night). However it closes down pretty early and it's more restaurants and stands rather than bars and clubs (at least from what we saw).

Koh Phangan - 6 nights. This place is really 3 different experiences. [1] A few days before the full moon party, it's pretty good and similar to Phi Phi (minus the bars). [2] On the day of the full moon party itself it's just crazy (hot chicks were swarming the place but unfortunately I was occupied with a girl I met in Samui and came to stay with me that night). [3] After the full moon party the place is dead, I recommend you leave immediately after the party is over. I did have some time to train Muai Thai and hit the gym though (a general note on gyms in Thailand - always ask if they have AC!!!). I did however pull the hottest chick of my trip here (BKK local on vacation), after meeting her in a Songkran (Thai water holiday) party. I'm sure she was a semi/ex/pro due to various indications (including bluntly asking me to choose who should come to my hotel room with me at the end of the night, allowing me the option of more than one of her friends!), but I didn't end up with a bill after the deed so I didn't ask any questions [Image: smile.gif]

Koh Samui (Chaweng) - 2 nights. This was better than Bophut in terms of beaches and night clubs, but it felt too commercialized during the day and too dominated by (semi)pros at night (at least the Green Mango area which seemed like the main party zone). I completely wasted one night hitting on a local who was sitting with her Thai friends by a side table (no pro indication), only to find out at the very last minute she was a Semi. I actually thought about paying her the measly 1000 BHT she wanted, but decided she wasn't worth betraying my principles (I already spent almost 700 BHT on the bitch at the bar, before I knew what she was).

Chiang Mai - 3 nights. This place was pretty cool, we went to the "Grand Canyon" park and took a day tour in Doi Inthanon, nothing too special to note on either one. As for nightlife, they have a popping party zone centered around a club called "Zoe in Yellow" in the old city but unfortunately everything there shuts down at midnight. When that happens everyone goes to "Spicy" but that place was too loud, packed, dark, and contaminated by (semi)pros for my taste. It actually gets worse around 2 AM where the main club shuts down and everyone gets crammed into yet a smaller room. I did manage to pull a cute Asian American from Zoe one night, so no complaints here.

Bangkok - 2.5 nights (had to leave by 2300 to the airport at the last night). We stayed in Sukhumvit Soi 11 which is apparently the central meeting point of all old pervs in the area. Whatever you do, do not go to "Climax" as that place is 100% pro territory. We went to some Latin dancing (salsa) clubs and they were nice with some possible targets we hit on. We also did a little shopping in MBK (not recommended if you want brand names as we did). On our last day we went to Terminal 21, which was better than MBK in terms of brand name shopping, but also much better for game in my opinion. The place was basically crawling with hot girls, some of which were real stunners. I especially recommend the food court, should be a simple matter to sit down next to some hot chicks and chat them up while you eat (haven't tried it though on account of eating with my friends). Tinder is also crazy there, with cute girls popping up every few swipes and I hit quite a few matches (in Chiang Mai I got practically nothing with the same effort). I managed to advance many of them to LINE ids, but only two materialized into dates. The first was a cute Indonesian tourist who stayed in a hostel just across the street from my hotel. That unfortunately ended up as a disappointment seeing as she was not DTF even when alone in my room with the lights off. The second actually did seem pretty DTF but looked way worse than her pictures so I passed. There were also a few more girls who expressed interest in meeting, but the logistics wouldn't allow it (we went out to different areas, ironically to KSR in most cases, where I initially didn't want to stay fearing only tourists and pros would be there - at this point though I'm not sure Sukhumbit was the wiser choice). I definitely want to come back here for a more extended period of time, this felt like a potential gold mine if done right. I got the impression that all the "BKK is dead" talk is coming from some night clubs that used to be good and aren't anymore. I'm sure however that there are still good places to go out to (in a city this size it's practically guaranteed), and even if there weren't, it seems like there are major day game opportunities (I'm sure Terminal 21 is just one of many). Even Tinder seems to be able to land you some solid HBs.

Addis Abbaba - 20 hours. Our connecting flight was in Addis Ababba (10 hours each time). The place was an unbelievable dump. Even the airport which is their face to the outside world where you'd think they'd make an effort was bad, both in looks and in structure (half the time you had no idea where to go, the officials couldn't understand nor help you, and no directing sign was in sight). We went on a tour there and barely ever saw a hot chick (and I *love* Ethiopians in my country). The streets were in a really bad state (not a single white man in sight BTW). Keep in mind though that our time there was short and we didn't really hit any places that were supposed to be good (either at daytime or at night). Just sharing my short experience. I should mention that the locals were very nice and friendly FWIW.

Your questions, comments, and recommendations for future trips (which I hope come soon and frequently) are welcome.

Good first post, welcome to the forum! You should hit up Koh Tao if you're ever back in Thailand, its quite cool and seems to be the only big island you missed out on down South.

This is the kind of first post I can applaud. Good data and correlates to most of everything I've gotten from the forums Thai residents.

One thing though, if a Thai only wants 1k from you for a night then she probably likes you and is mostly just covering the time she could have spent working a night gig. I wouldn't have held it against you if you'd gone for that.

Yeah, great first post man! Thanks for sharing. I was in BKK and wanted to hit up those places further South but didn't get time, so it's great to read about them from you. Sounds like I should have gone to Phi Phi at least. I'll know where to go next time!

One place you didn't go which is worth mentioning is Pattaya. Yes, it's a bit like Patong in the sense that there are lots of pros and ladyboys around, but it has some virtues. It caters very well to the expat community (e.g. nice gym in Pattaya called Fitness 7 full of expats; pattayawhey.com will deliver protein supplements same-day; expat-focused supermarket in Central Festival, etc.), it actually has nice-ish beaches (particularly on Koh Lan which is easy to get to), the air quality is better than BKK, it's cheaper, and there are lots of fun girls there. Many of the girls inevitably are either pros, or tried to be pros at one point, but there are lots of girls there who aren't, and just live or work in the area, and it can be a fun place to hang with those types. Skip the beer bars and the go-go clubs, avoid Walking St, try to ignore all the old European men and let them have their fun, and you can still have a lot of fun of your own. I was there for about a week and had four nice experiences, all through online. One was fantastic, a super fun good-looking girl who met me at my hotel and totally reminded me of someone I once had a crush on. One girl who had a regular job in the area, who was a bit shy but we still had fun, good looking and extremely nice (she drove me around all over Pattaya in her car). Another girl who was semi-pro but very cute, friendly, and affectionate. One girl who wasn't great looking but we still had fun. It's very close to Bangkok, just a few hours by bus door-to-door, look up Bell Travel Service. Worth a few days at least if you're in Bangkok and looking for a change or to get out of the city without paying through the nose for a flight to Phuket or Krabi. [Image: smile.gif]

I'll give you your first rep point. Welcome!

Quote: (04-25-2017 11:20 AM)zatara Wrote:  

You should hit up Koh Tao if you're ever back in Thailand, its quite cool and seems to be the only big island you missed out on down South.
Yeah we actually wanted to take a day trip there from Koh Samui but couldn't muster the strength to wake up at 7 AM [Image: icon_razz.gif]

Quote:Quote:

If a Thai only wants 1k from you for a night then she probably likes you and is mostly just covering the time she could have spent working a night gig. I wouldn't have held it against you if you'd gone for that.
Haha now you tell me? That bitch was hot!

One place you didn't go which is worth mentioning is Pattaya
Thanks for the heads up! I assumed it was worse than Phuket but you make it sound like it could be worth a visit on my next trip..

I'll give you your first rep point. Welcome!
Thanks mate! I'm such a noob though that I don't even know how the rep system works, and couldn't find any explanation.. is there some FAQ or something?

I've visited Chiang Mai and Pai before and loved them both. I've always wanted to go back. I'm considering moving somewhere for at least a year. I'd love to live in Thailand. However, my issue is that I've already had my fill of Asian women.

Is it fair to say that there's a year-round supply of non-Asian foreign tourists? What parts of Thailand would you recommend to someone in the category of "loves Thailand, but wants to bang non-Asians"?

I think famous party spots and partys can be different every time. When I went to the full moon party it was completely shit women wise. The quality of the women was one of the worst ever.

The one who said that bangkok is dead must be dead too. Iam blonde and I had the easiest time in my life pulling girls. I just used tinder and had more than 1000 likes in 1 week. I didnt see any sense in daygaming because 99% of the thai women are not ugly, but nothing to look at.