rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why I won’t date hot women anymore

Good read and good points about why relationships with hot women statistically fail.
http://nypost.com/2017/04/12/why-hot-peo...th-dating/

Quote:Quote:

When it came to dating in New York as a 30-something executive in private equity, Dan Rochkind had no problem snagging the city’s most beautiful women.

“I could have [anyone] I wanted,” says Rochkind, now 40 and an Upper East Sider with a muscular build and a full head of hair. “I met some nice people, but realistically I went for the hottest girl you could find.”
Modal Trigger
Dan Rochkind used to date swimsuit models, but he’s happier now that he’s engaged to a merely beautiful woman, Carly Spindel (right).Stephen Yang

He spent the better part of his 30s going on up to three dates a week, courting 20-something blond models, but eventually realized that dating the prettiest young things had its drawbacks — he found them flighty, selfish and vapid.

“Beautiful women who get a fair amount of attention get full of themselves,” he says. “Eventually, I was dreading getting dinner with them because they couldn’t carry a conversation.”

According to new research, Rochkind’s ideas about sexy bikini babes are correct. A multipart study from Harvard University, University of La Verne and Santa Clara University researchers found that beautiful people are more likely to be involved in unstable relationships. In one part, the researchers looked at the top 20 actresses on IMDb and found that they tend to have rocky marriages. In another, women were asked to judge the attractiveness of 238 men based on their high school yearbook photos from 30 years ago. The men who were judged to be the best-looking had higher rates of divorce.

Looking to avoid such a fate, Rochkind started dating a woman who isn’t a bikini model, Carly Spindel, in January 2015. The two are now happily engaged.
Modal Trigger
“People who are better looking are less likely to pursue advanced degrees, or play an instrument or learn other languages,” says Benedict Beckeld.JB Imaginative

The two met after Spindel’s mother, matchmaker Janis Spindel, scouted Rochkind at a gym.

“I gave him my card and said I have the perfect girl for him,” recalls Janis, founder of Serious Matchmaking, based in Midtown. “Successful men who are in shape have the pickings when it comes to dating, [but] eventually they want a woman of substance.”

Rochkind found that in Carly, 30, a lovely brunette who’s the vice president of her mother’s matchmaking company and a Syracuse University graduate. Rochkind proposed to her last May in Central Park. He loves that Carly isn’t like the swimsuit models he used to go for.

“[She] is a softer beauty, someone you can take home and cuddle with, and she’s very elegant,” Rochkind says. “And she’s 5-foot-2, so she can’t be a runway model, but I think she’s really beautiful and is prettier than anyone I’ve dated.”

Carly has no qualms about how her future husband views her compared with his exes.

“When men get to a certain age, they realize that it’s important to meet a life partner that they connect with,” she says. “Looks fade.”

Some great-looking people say they’re given a bad rap unfairly.

“When men see beautiful women, they are more concentrated on how she looks because they want to ‘have’ her, and so they don’t want to go deeper and get to know her,” says Isabell Giardini, a 22-year-old Italian beauty signed with Major Models. “And that’s why at the end of a date they wonder, ‘Oh that girl is so beautiful but so empty.’ That’s happened to me often.”
Modal Trigger
Sonali Chitre dumped her hot boyfriend because he was too vain.Pawel Lucas

Others say the stereotypes about pretty people being shallow are true, even if they’re hotties themselves.

“From my personal experience, people who are better looking are less likely to pursue advanced degrees, or play an instrument or learn other languages,” says Benedict Beckeld, a 37-year-old Brooklyn writer with a doctorate in philosophy and the body of an Adonis. But he’s quick to note that he’s not just a great set of abs — he also plays the violin and speaks seven languages.

After dating an athletic banker with model good looks for two years, Sonali Chitre, 34, has sworn off hotties.

“He was a Nazi about his diet and would work out hard-core and cared more about his body than just living life,” says Chitre, who broke up with the finance guy last October.

‘When men get to a certain age, they realize that it’s important to meet a life partner that they connect with. Looks fade.’ - Carly Spindel

Chitre, an environmental lawyer and the founder of Priyamvada Sustainability Consulting, considers herself “a 9 or a 10,” but she says she’s done with gorgeous guys. Now, she’s more interested in “superballer” men with high-paying careers.

“I still want someone who’s in decent shape, but it’s more important to find a guy who’s goal-oriented,” she says. “[Beautiful men] are very into their bodies and don’t really care about people that much, or make time for their family.”

Megan Young, a 23-year-old p.r. woman from Hoboken, NJ, also changed her dating habits. The svelte, blue-eyed brunette used to exclusively date 6-foot-tall dudes who looked like Calvin Klein models.

“As a person who’s always been complimented on [my] ‘stunning beauty’ … I’d been searching for a ‘hot’ guy to match the label I had always been given,” says Young. “But after a date or two, they’ll have problems hanging out with you and then will ghost.”
Modal Trigger
Megan Young and her boyfriend, Christopher ArgeseCourtesy of Megan Young

Last year, she stopped putting looks at the top of her dating criteria on Bumble, instead opting for guys who traveled a lot and were “make the most out of their lives” types. In August 2016, she met Christopher Argese, a 27-year-old security technician. Unlike the square-jawed bachelors who disrespected her, Argese is more boy-next-door in the looks department. But he’s kind and attentive.

“He’s not a model, but he’s so much more attractive in who he is as a person,” Young says.

And best of all, she says, Argese doesn’t just see her as a status symbol.

“When I asked him why he loves me, he said that he loves my drive and my passion,” Young says.

Rochkind is equally enthusiastic about his decision to give up high-maintenance hotties.

“There’s something to be said about sowing your wild oats and getting them out of your system,” says Rochkind, who will marry Carly in June at a “Tuscan-romantic” ceremony at the Wölffer Estate Vineyard in the Hamptons. But he doesn’t regret his past.

“You don’t want to be the first to leave the party, but you don’t want to leave the party too late either,” he says. “Carly came at exactly the right time.”

After dating an athletic banker with model good looks for two years, Sonali Chitre, 34, has sworn off hotties.

“He was a Nazi about his diet and would work out hard-core and cared more about his body than just living life,” says Chitre, who broke up with the finance guy last October.

‘When men get to a certain age, they realize that it’s important to meet a life partner that they connect with. Looks fade.’ - Carly Spindel

Chitre, an environmental lawyer and the founder of Priyamvada Sustainability Consulting, considers herself “a 9 or a 10,” but she says she’s done with gorgeous guys. Now, she’s more interested in “superballer” men with high-paying careers.

“I still want someone who’s in decent shape, but it’s more important to find a guy who’s goal-oriented,” she says. “[Beautiful men] are very into their bodies and don’t really care about people that much, or make time for their family.”

[Image: IMG_6562-Web.jpg]

Yes, that's 9 or a 10

[Image: laugh4.gif]

Bullshit. Ugly women are often just as bitchy and hard to keep happy if not more so than hot women.

Attractive women are often pleasant and nicer than their average to below average counterparts. Less insecure and no chip on their shoulder.

Don't listen to this NY Post bullshit article. It's like an advertisement to trick men into settling for below average western women

"Hey boys! Forget about those hotties! You need to get with a chubby mediocre bitch like me!"

Fuck that

I'll be totally fucking honest.

As a physique athlete who spends a lot of time focused gym and diet, im not as interesting to women as a guy who spends his time doing more interesting things. Only so many times I can tell her a story about a great workout or how I totally nailed my diet the past few days. Ok jk it's not that bad, but I don't spend my time traveling, going to parties, ect. My life is pretty boring. I've found the same to be true with most of the physique competitors and models I've dated. Im seeing a model for inked magazine and to be honest it's boring as shit hearing about her photoshoots and whatnot. As cool as she looks and as awesome as it is to parade her around town like a trophy, she has the personality of an old wooden fence.

I'd rather spend time with a woman I enjoyed chatting with. Usually they're not total knock outs.

Quote: (04-14-2017 11:43 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

I'll be totally fucking honest.

As a physique athlete who spends a lot of time focused gym and diet, im not as interesting to women as a guy who spends his time doing more interesting things. Only so many times I can tell her a story about a great workout or how I totally nailed my diet the past few days. Ok jk it's not that bad, but I don't spend my time traveling, going to parties, ect. My life is pretty boring. I've found the same to be true with most of the physique competitors and models I've dated. Im seeing a model for inked magazine and to be honest it's boring as shit hearing about her photoshoots and whatnot.

I'd rather spend time with a woman I enjoyed chatting with. Usually they're not total knock outs.

Yeah because anyone who works out totally has to have a boring and uninteresting life right? Puh-lease.

You being boring has NOTHING to do with bodybuilding. If you're a model or competitor that's your job and it takes time and dedication but it does not stop you from doing other interesting things or talking about subjects unrelated to the gym or training.

I'm a gymrat as well and take great pride in my physique but it's not an excuse whatsoever.

Chitre, an environmental lawyer and the founder of Priyamvada Sustainability Consulting, considers herself “a 9 or a 10,”

Not under the base-10 system

Quote: (04-14-2017 11:43 AM)Steelex Wrote:  

Im seeing a model for inked magazine and to be honest it's boring as shit hearing about her photoshoots and whatnot.

Maybe it's because women have fewer expectations placed upon them about developing a career and so don't realize how utterly banal this type of conversation is to men, but women always seem to think their jobs are so interesting.

I like my job, but I know not to talk about it with people who aren't in a related field, because who cares? We all put in our hours and don't need vicariously experience someone else's.

"Hey bitch, sit down and listen to me bloviate about the drama technology caused today."

Nope. People need life projects beyond basic self-care and employment.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (04-14-2017 11:29 AM)captain_shane Wrote:  

[Image: IMG_6562-Web.jpg]

Yes, that's 9 or a 10

[Image: laugh4.gif]

But it's ok she's learned her lesson. She will only date "superballers" now.

I saw that line too and thought I was tripping.

"Superballers" huh? I'll bet you even money she's been to Dubai

Dreams are like horses; they run wild on the earth. Catch one and ride it. Throw a leg over and ride it for all its worth.
Psalm 25:7
https://youtu.be/vHVoMCH10Wk

Quoting: “From my personal experience, people who are better looking are less likely to pursue advanced degrees, or play an instrument or learn other languages,”

From experience, it is, well, the absolute contrary:

Whether one likes it or not, beautiful people will almost always be better educated, for 2 simple reasons: their teachers were nicer and more motivated when dealing with them, from an early age - and on top of that, beautiful people lose less time in the pursuit of sex (being beautiful indeed gives you a lot of free time to study and better yourself, while ugly people have to toil extra-long hours for sex).

Almost all the people I know who play instruments and speak various languages, are physically beautiful. And sadly, 95% of the desperate, under-diploma, jobless people I see are ugly. Unfair, if you think about it; but such is life.

In one part, the researchers looked at the top 20 actresses on IMDb and found that they tend to have rocky marriages.

Uh huh...Hollywood marriages are a great reference point from which to gauge from.

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

My question would then be, in your experience, have you ever met a true 9-10 that had a decent personality that didn't have self-esteem issues?
Personally, I have not

Quote: (04-14-2017 01:13 PM)DimeBait Wrote:  

My question would then be, in your experience, have you ever met a true 9-10 that had a decent personality and didn't have self-esteem issues?
Personally, I have not

Yes, for example, very beautiful women with excellent education given to them by traditional, Conservative and (very) religious families.

Beautiful women can have good personalities if they have religious beliefs (or, considering that women are not really religious beings, let's ask for strong superstitious fears), which will rein in their quite slutty instincts and compensate for the extreme power (free of consequences in our century) over men (and the abomination called lesbians) that nature gave them...

Honestly at this point in my life, a hottie on my dick is great, but doing more shit than banging women is way more fun.

It's sad I get more of a thrill on my Harley than going on a date with pretty cute girl with a mediocre personality.

Men want a passionate caring woman, perhaps with "substance".

Women these days have alot more demands coming out of men than vice versa.

I've been on alot of dates averaging about 3 a week the past 2 months.

Number closing and getting dates is the easy, remembering their boring ass stories, hell even their fucking name is a chore.

Now the ones that stand out, I remember alot about them and enjoy their company way more.

Unfortunately those are rare, even when I'm looking constantly.

Player life is heaven and purgatory.

I think at the end of the day all a man wants out of a woman is one that adores him, loves him, respects him, and obeys/follows his lead.

It's not much to ask.

I can't believe that girl allowed someone to print that she had said that. If he didn't just run with it, she's really pathological: A girl like that calling herself, especially at her age, a 9 is like someone giving himself a nickname. You should at most just say "upper tier" and we would have laughed at even that. 9 or 10? That's a Charlton Heston Kek special meme

34 and a lawyer? Double disqualification. But that doesn't mean you aren't good looking, it just means I'm going on to the next girl.

"he said that he loves my drive and my passion"

[Image: boring.gif] The hits keep coming.

[Womanese translation]: He told me "I'm not as annoying as the hotter girls, I pass the boner test, and he doesn't mind talking to me."

Quote: (04-14-2017 12:50 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quoting: “From my personal experience, people who are better looking are less likely to pursue advanced degrees, or play an instrument or learn other languages,”

Whether one likes it or not, beautiful people will almost always be better educated, for 2 simple reasons: their teachers were nicer and more motivated when dealing with them, from an early age - and on top of that, beautiful people lose less time in the pursuit of sex (being beautiful indeed gives you a lot of free time to study and better yourself, while ugly people have to toil extra-long hours for sex).

Almost all the people I know who play instruments and speak various languages, are physically beautiful. And sadly, 95% of the desperate, under-diploma, jobless people I see are ugly. Unfair, if you think about it; but such is life.

Your points are true but only additive or minor addenda. Your points suggest nurture, which is important, but less than the underlying biological advantage that is both IQ and physical beauty. The real root cause is that there is direct trait linkage. People who are smarter or have greater IQ are more successful. More successful people mate with more attractive people, on average, over time. It's as simple as that.

Quote: (04-14-2017 03:52 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

"he said that he loves my drive and my passion"

[Womanese translation]: He told me "I'm not as annoying as the hotter girls, I pass the boner test, and he doesn't mind talking to me."

Error in translation my friend! In womanese, "I love your drive and passion", actually means "She's a 5 but maybe she gives good head".

Clearly the article was written for females, perhaps to assuage the angst of average women.
That private equity executive guy must have spent a fortune on dates. Not game-aware? Dates are risky business. Most of the time no good results from them.

Avoid this at all costs:

He spent the better part of his 30s going on up to three dates a week, courting 20-something blond models, but eventually realized that dating the prettiest young things had its drawbacks — he found them flighty, selfish and vapid.

Quote: (04-14-2017 04:04 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Your points are true but only additive or minor addenda. Your points suggest nurture, which is important, but less than the underlying biological advantage that is both IQ and physical beauty. The real root cause is that there is direct trait linkage. People who are smarter or have greater IQ are more successful. More successful people mate with more attractive people, on average, over time. It's as simple as that.

Also, people with high IQ and/or family money, will automatically get 1, 2 or 3 "points" more in handsomeness. Because money and intelligence will give them confidence and charisma, plus, they are smart and fortunate enough to know how to enhance their appearance (by eating well, avoiding drugs, exercising, holidaying in warm weather to get tanned, sporting nice clothing, etc).

So, to sum it up, beautiful people usually are smarter (by way of privileged education, genetic lineage) and richer, and this allows them to look even more beautiful and charismatic, by using clever tricks and investing in their looks.
Or, to sum it up in fewer words (and focusing on the female part of the equation), ugly fat bitches are doomed, slim hotties rule the world, and nothing can change that.

Quote: (04-14-2017 04:07 PM)brick tamland Wrote:  

Translation: Useless dude failed to secure a hottie, spent his money on hookers; understandably is bitter, subsequently tries to rationalize his shameful fucking of a second-hand fattie. Sad and low-energy!

Personally, at my age and station in life, I'd take subjective beauty over objective beauty any day of the week. Having recently turned 40, I can completely relate w/ my man from the article. I've simply been through enough broads to see the trends. While there are exceptions to everything, In my experience, the hotter they've been, the less fulfilling the encounter or r/s has been. Lol, the same quality dime-bishes some claim are everywhere, others call unicorns.
As long as she gets my dyck hard, treats me good and generally compliments my life, that's all I need.

Quote: (04-14-2017 04:19 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2017 04:04 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Also, people with high IQ and/or family money, will automatically get 1, 2 or 3 "points" more in handsomeness. Because money and intelligence will give them confidence and charisma, plus, they are smart and fortunate enough to know how to enhance their appearance (by eating well, avoiding drugs, exercising, holidaying in warm weather to get tanned, sporting nice clothing, etc).

You've made some quality and helpful posts in the past, but this is total bollocks. Do you know how many millions of people who are insanely wealthy and/or have really high I.Q.s are a complete mess physically? Do you know how pathetically easy it would be for most of those people to turn things around? Do most rich and/or smart people who are a complete mess physically do anything to improve themselves physically? Start with the president of the United States. That guy has made more money in his life than almost anyone and he is a complete fat slob who looks like aside from some time on the golf course, has had zero physical exercise in decades.

The hotter the chick, the more attitude, bullshit, boring and starfishy she tend to be.

I'd rather drop a few SMV points and get a better personality. After all you only bang for a few hours a day, you need something decent to put up with for the other hours.

Wait, you bang for a few hours a day?

Dayum.