rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Man Dies Trying to Eat Half-Pound Doughnut in Shop's Eating Challenge

Only in America...

Quote:Quote:

A man trying to eat a half-pound glazed doughnut in 80 seconds as part of a Denver doughnut shop's eating challenge choked to death, one of two people who died in such contests this past weekend.

Travis Malouff, 42, died early Sunday of asphyxia due to obstruction of the airway, a coroner said. He had been participating in a contest to eat a doughnut the "size of a small cake," witness Julia Edelstein said Tuesday.

Winners get the doughnut for free and a button saying they won the challenge, which Voodoo Doughnuts said it was suspending, according to statement given to Denver news station KUSA-TV.

The station first reported Malouff's death, which came the same day as that of 20-year-old Caitlin Nelson, who had choked during a pancake-eating contest days earlier at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/nation...86453.html

[Image: tenor.gif]

You'd think they'd have someone trained in the Heimlich maneuver during a rapid eating contest. [Image: huh.gif]

So daily life has become Simpson episodes?

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

a HALF-pound donut? so it wasn't even a full pound? What a fucking vagina

He died doing what he loved.

How many of us can say the same?

He'd be ok if he just ate the hole.

I recall a few years ago a woman died during one of these types of contests.
It was run by a radio station and it was called "hold you wee for a wii". The principle was that each contestant had to drink an amount of water regularly and hold their bladder. Whoever held out the longest would win a Nintendo Wii.

You're probably thinking "burst bladder", but no. Her blood thinned to the point that she started haemorrhaging internally. She was survived by the kids she was trying to win the console for.

Pretty fucking sad, really.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Quote: (04-05-2017 08:09 AM)Leonard D Neubache Wrote:  

I recall a few years ago a woman died during one of these types of contests.
It was run by a radio station and it was called "hold you wee for a wii". The principle was that each contestant had to drink an amount of water regularly and hold their bladder. Whoever held out the longest would win a Nintendo Wii.

You're probably thinking "burst bladder", but no. Her blood thinned to the point that she started haemorrhaging internally. She was survived by the kids she was trying to win the console for.

Pretty fucking sad, really.

So, did she win?

I'm the King of Beijing!

A young girl whose dad died in 9/11 attacks also died in a pancake eating contest recently at a University, I think she choked. Carbs kill.

In all seriousness, how ridiculous and sad.

I remember that Wii contest, her blood became so diluted that she got hyponatemia and died on the spot. It was really sad.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

only in America indeed, where the hot dog eating record is 70 in ten minutes (huh?).
Sue the damn organisers, but the contestants probably sign an indemnity.

I hate hearing about people kill themselves in such stupid ways. It's a waste.

Men die for all kinds of reasons.

We risk it all for the dumbest ones - that is how nature has created us.

Actually this one is not even the dumbest one.

That 20 yr old's death reminds me of a great George Carlin piece about the tragedy of losing such young pussy:

"A lot of them had perfectly good PUSSIES.....going to waste!!" [Image: lol.gif]

I find it tough to feel sorry for people who die doing dumb stunts like this. Sad for the family... but I just see it as another person worthy of a Darwin Award. This is why you won't see me entering a hotdog eating contest. I might win, but if I died, what would my legacy be...? Mr. Chokes-On-Dick on my tombstone?

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Obligatory:

[Image: american.gif] [Image: american.gif] [Image: american.gif]

Quote: (04-05-2017 10:24 AM)brick tamland Wrote:  

only in America indeed, where the hot dog eating record is 70 in ten minutes (huh?).
Sue the damn organisers, but the contestants probably sign an indemnity.

[Image: R4rVG.gif]

How long until the family files the law suit?

Quote: (04-05-2017 11:11 AM)Aurini Wrote:  

I hate hearing about people kill themselves in such stupid ways. It's a waste.

I don't.

In countries where taxpayers maintain the livelihood of people and their worthless spawn who would otherwise die if not for the largesse of the state, people killing themselves in stupid ways is at least a vector of arms against a sea of dysgenics.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

[Image: donuts.gif?w=490]

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

Remember, gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins. Eating contests are stupid anyways, reminds me of a bunch of starving farm animals feeding at the trough. Really repulsive.

Natural Selection indeed. That simple, but as Aurini mentioned, it is a sad way to go out. We could have at least used him as a fodder to protect against AntiFa attacks. We would even have had a statute constructed for his valiant efforts.

Just me?

[Image: 08_18_16_stoke_0600.jpg?ver=1471894131]

Google image of a 1 pound donut. Divide donut in image by half. 80 seconds.

What the hell happened? Weed head (dry mouth) with no drink? Seems like a fairly easy (stupid and unhealthy) task.

That looks delicious. Been too long.

"A stripper last night brought up "Rich Dad Poor Dad" when I mentioned, "Think and Grow Rich""

Quote: (04-05-2017 10:07 PM)godfather dust Wrote:  

What the hell happened?

It's not only choking that kills them. When such an obviously unnatural act is performed, the cause of death is almost irrelevant. The whole thing is basically disgusting. There are more deaths than you'd think, some strange indeed. Forget choking - I bet most people trying it don't even know that they have some sort of underlying predisposition to joining the Darwin Awards nominee list.

Try heart attack...

Chili pie: A 64-year-old Australian man suffered a heart attack during a pie-eating contest last year. His last words, according to the Brisbane Times, were “jeez, this chili pie is hot.’’ (A spokesman for the restaurant that hosted the competition said the pie “was not overly hot.’’)

What about "vomiting to death":

Egg and cheese-filled steamed buns: A 23-year-old Taiwanese man vomited uncontrollably, passed out and died during a steamed bun eating competition at his college. The prize had he come out on top? Approximately $60.

Previously mentioned - water intoxication:

Water: In 2007, Jennifer Strange, 28, drank about two gallons of water in an effort to win a Nintendo Wii for her three children. She finished in second place, went home, and died of acute water intoxication.

Some pros don't deliberately bring up the food after a contest:

several of the best competitive eaters told Deadspin that they don’t just throw the food back up when the contest is over, but actually digest it. For hot eating champion Joey Chestnut, that would mean about 17,000 calories, 1,000 grams of fat and over 45,000 milligrams of sodium being suddenly introduced to his digestive system. And that just doesn’t seem healthy. A 2007 study in the American Journal of Roentgenology found that competitive eaters run the risk of stretching their stomachs to the point that they can’t return to their original size after the contest, which would require the surgical removal of part – or all – of their poor, overworked stomachs.

Article has a great heading - Eating Contests: Don’t Do Them
https://www.boston.com/culture/food/2014...nt-do-them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ntest.html

the slaughter continues