rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bogotá Trip Report

Bogotá Trip Report

Hello,

I recently took a two week trip to Bogota, Colombia. I scored with two women while I was there. I wanted to share my experience with you guys, hopefully it might be helpful for some of you:

Strategy:

I had read Mixx's warning that tier 1 cities can be difficult for gringos, so I knew I had to be ready to for a fight going in. I decided to use colombiacupid to pipeline as many girls as I could before arriving. I took a template message and started spamming girls from the website, altering slightly for each girl. Leading up to the trip, I sent about 10 messages each day. When a girl replied, I chatted with her on skype and used a webcam to build rapport before meeting her. With enough work, I set up 4 dates in Colombia before I arrived.

Once in the country, I followed Arobin's advice and called each girl to confirm beforehand, so as to prevent getting stood up. I would then bounce a girl around between a few different places, and then if possible, take her back to my apartment. .

Girls:

I really liked the girls that I met in Bogota. They were really quite different from other girls that I had met in the 3rd world. I found them to be educated, intelligent, and they had their own professional careers and interests. But, they also were very feminine in their nature; they were willing to cook for me and acted more like girls than American women do. I think that the Bogota women were the best of both worlds- like American women, they are intelligent and educated with their own goals for life, but unlike American women, they are feminine and pleasant to be around. I even had one Bogota girl buy me dinner a couple times- I had never had that happen anywhere in the third world before. I never had the problem of being hit up for taxi money or any of the other BS like that. They were also very passionate in every good way possible.

Bogota is a great city to go to if you like White girls. They were mostly very light skinned, and they had pretty faces with deep brown eyes. And they had a lot of ass too.

Overall, I was really impressed with the quality of women in Bogota, both in terms of physically and in terms of spending time with them- I found most of them much more pleasant to be around than most American women.

Accommodations

I got an apartment in the Zona Rosa while I was in Bogotá. I remembered Mixx's warning that Colombian women will judge you by the quality of the neighborhood you are staying in, so I made sure to stay in a better quality neighborhood. The apartment was a great deal, it cost less than $100/night in a neighborhood where hotels went for over $200/night. Having an apartment also allowed for women to come over over and cook for me in my kitchen. I think the Zona Rosa worked out quite well, there were a lot of good place to take girls on dates nearby, and it was very safe.

The downside to staying in Zona Rosa was that the nightlife sucked for meeting people. I went out to some of the bars, but they were pretty much all tables with mixed groups sitting. I felt like taking girls on dates was a better use of my time. I was told it was easier to meet people in Candelaria, but that it was also more dangerous there.

I'm not sure how true it is that the Candelaria is dangerous, but most Colombians told me so, and sometimes perception is reality. I think there is more prestige associated with staying in the North.

VERY IMPORTANT- when looking for a place to stay, check what their policy is on having guests stay with you. A lot of the places that I found either did not allow unregistered guests or charged a huge fine for bringing an unregistered guest. You may feel awkward getting hotels and apartments to clarify their policy, but it's better that you find out in advance than find out when you are bringing someone back.

Language

I spoke conversational Spanish, and all of my dates were exclusively in Spanish. Very few people in Bogota speak English. I think you need to be able to hold a conversation in Spanish to consider going to Bogota.

Girl Maintenance

I would recommend anyone visiting Bogota to read Roosh's post, Girlfriend Cheating Guide: http://www.rooshv.com/girlfriend-cheating-tips

Even though the women there aren't your girlfriend, you still don't want to advertise the fact that you are seeing other women.

You should also generously tip the doormen to make sure they are on your side.

Communications

I bought an unlocked cell phone before going to Colombia, but when I arrived it broke, I couldn't recharge my cell. To deal with this I used Skype to talk with girls and set up dates. When I was a at the venue, I used my US cell phone to confirm she was coming and to help her find the place if need be.

Sightseeing

If you have been to Europe or Asia, Bogotá doesn't really stack up in terms of sightseeing attractions. The museums aren't as good as what you find in other countries. Monseratte was pretty cool with good views, and the hills East of Bogota made for a nice hike. I took a girl I met hiking with me in Chicaque National Park, which was pretty cool.

All in all, it was a very good trip. I read a lot of the information from you guys before I went- I think there really is a lot of good information on this site and if you use it you can be successful.

Bogotá Trip Report

Good stuff Celtic-

Gotta love Mixx as your digital wingman. Using some tried and true advice from this forum, you made the best of a nice to trip to Bogota. Warms the cockles of my heart.

Gotta say about Candelaria though: while you definitely made the right decision staying in the T, Candelaria is really not that dangerous, and it is true that the nightlife is better there for meeting girls. Zona T is a bit standoffish, and people mix a hell of a lot more in Candelaria and Chapinero. Colombians are pretty paranoid about safety, much more than they need to be but considering the country's history I don't blame them.

Otherwise good all around advice. I think you pretty much nailed why I like Bogota and its ladies so much. Props.

Bogotá Trip Report

Great report-

Did you find that the girls were receptive to the gringo? How does this place differ from Medellin as far as the chicas go?

Bogotá Trip Report

Celtic

What about the club venues? Did you not go to any?

*EDIT*

NM i see where u mentioned u went to some bars. Should have went to some reggeatton clubs. None of that tables and closed off sets. Grls would have been younger and more approachable imo.

Bogotá Trip Report

Did you have any luck with day or night game, or did you exclusively rely on internet?

It sounds like your internet pipeline paid off and you didn't need to approach much while there.

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (08-24-2011 10:36 PM)Celtic Wrote:  

I really liked the girls that I met in Bogota. They were really quite different from other girls that I had met in the 3rd world. I found them to be educated, intelligent, and they had their own professional careers and interests. But, they also were very feminine in their nature; they were willing to cook for me and acted more like girls than American women do. I think that the Bogota women were the best of both worlds- like American women, they are intelligent and educated with their own goals for life, but unlike American women, they are feminine and pleasant to be around. I even had one Bogota girl buy me dinner a couple times- I had never had that happen anywhere in the third world before. I never had the problem of being hit up for taxi money or any of the other BS like that. They were also very passionate in every good way possible.

Celtic, I know what you mean. Maybe times are changing in Colombia (of course change is inevitable), but I met three different women during my recent trip to Colombia who had brains and didn't have their hands out.

I met one in Bogota who was very educated and has her own money. And she treated me out a couple of times for lunch, coffee, etc.

I met one in Bucaramanga who is broke. She has a very low paying job, but she is going to school for accounting and she never asked me for a dime or anything else. She even scraped up some change to surprise me with a small bottle of rum and other small gifts.

And I met another cutie in Bucaramanga who has a good job and she's in school to obtain more degrees.

I have to watch out for the one in Bogota. I'm just starting my overseas travels and I ain't trying to fall in love before I slay a bunch of latinas throughout central & south america.

In the U.S. she would get hit on all the time. By Colombian standards, I give her maybe a 7 in looks but man she is fuckin intelligent, funny, has money and has a bunch of goals.

Bogotá Trip Report

Hey!!!! Anybody who falls in love should BANNED from this forum! I don't need that shit spreading like Anthrax around here!

I hope nobody ever blames me for falling in love with a latina as a result of information I gave them or I'll hunt you down!

Same should go for anyone coming here looking for advice on how to find a wife, or "intellectual" women to have as GF's - BARF!!

No maa'm on love and all that other beta shit I'm against!

Grrrrrrrr [Image: wink.gif]

Mixx

Bogotá Trip Report

Ha haaaa that's funny. I got my force field up man, I can' t let love creep in here. I'm on a mission. I just got out of a long relationship and recently earned my freedom from the day job.

It's party time!!!!!!!!!!

[Image: kermit.gif]

Bogotá Trip Report

Hey Mixx!! Have you ever tried a matchmaking service in Colombia? They promise honest, caring, non-flaky, women looking for love and marriage. I think this is the best way to travel to Colombia. Saves all that hassle and tassle of cold approaching, pipe-lining, or getting wrapped up with girls of questionable character looking for a passport. It's time you man up Mixx and get a wife that'll make an honest man outta ya![Image: angel.gif] Jajajajaja.

Bogotá Trip Report

Great report! I agreed that in general Bogota women or "rolas" as they are known are in general more educated and most have a job (Bogota is not a cheap city so they have something going for themselves). Tipping the doormen is great advice ;-)

Jarocho

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (08-25-2011 10:12 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Hey Mixx!! Have you ever tried a matchmaking service in Colombia? They promise honest, caring, non-flaky, women looking for love and marriage.

I'm a silent partner for 3 of these agencies in Colombia. No joke! (no, I'm not disclosing them)

Don't worry; for the money gringos pay to marry one of these girls, they have to pass rigorous Quality Assurance and Stress Testing "protocols".

I assure you all my girls are freaks in bed, if not, I re-train her for you until she is the freak in bed you dreamed of.

Mixx

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (08-24-2011 10:36 PM)Celtic Wrote:  

Girls:

Seconded. I had a really, really good time getting to know the Bogotana that I met. Probably spent 20-22 hours over the course of two days running around the city, eating, drinking, dancing, and eventually banging before I had to leave for Santa Marta (she left my hostel 2 hours before my flight!). This particular girl was very attractive, intelligent, had a great sense of humor, and was incredibly sweet. What a shock to the system it was to return to the States and resume dating here. I keep in touch with her in the hopes we'll be able to rendezvous in the future.

Anyways, great write-up. I agree with nearly everything you wrote. Next time I'm there I'll be getting a private apartment in La Zona Rosa as opposed to staying in a gringo hostel.

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (08-25-2011 11:58 AM)punjistick Wrote:  

Next time I'm there I'll be getting a private apartment in La Zona Rosa as opposed to staying in a gringo hostel.

Do you have a connection for the apartment? I'm going back to Colombia next month and I'm thinking Bogota or Cali (haven't ruled out Baq or Cartagena) to stay for awhile. I need to stay stationary to take some spanish lessons and learn salsa.

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (08-25-2011 12:09 PM)Tbone Wrote:  

Quote: (08-25-2011 11:58 AM)punjistick Wrote:  

Next time I'm there I'll be getting a private apartment in La Zona Rosa as opposed to staying in a gringo hostel.

Do you have a connection for the apartment? I'm going back to Colombia next month and I'm thinking Bogota or Cali (haven't ruled out Baq or Cartagena) to stay for awhile. I need to stay stationary to take some spanish lessons and learn salsa.

I haven't used this site yet, but plan on doing so in the future: airbnb.com

224 listings in Bogota alone.

Bogotá Trip Report

Dash:

Quote:Quote:

NM i see where u mentioned u went to some bars. Should have went to some reggeatton clubs. None of that tables and closed off sets. Grls would have been younger and more approachable imo.

Thanks for the tip- did you have any success pulling from them?

Roosh:

Did you have any luck with day or night game, or did you exclusively rely on internet?

It sounds like your internet pipeline paid off and you didn't need to approach much while there.

I did a little approaching at the bars in Zona Rosa, but both of my lays were from internet game. I felt like the nightlife there wasn't very good for approaching and that the best use of my time at night was with dates.

Tbone/pjunjistick:

It's cool you had the same impression of Bogota girls that I did, that the were educated, classy and had good general personalities. It's definitely city I think I'll go back to- I think Bogota women rank at the top of any city I have ever been to in terms of desirable personalities/character.

Bogotá Trip Report

Celtic what site were you on for online game?

Bogotá Trip Report

What up everyone,

Since there is already a ton of literature about Bogota I figured I would add my experiences to an older post.

I spent 8 days in Bogota in late February to early March in the La Candeleria area.

Myself: 26, tall and in good shape.
So here is my experience:

How to get there: Flights directly to Bogota to Detroit are around 800-900 so not exactly cheap. I ended up using two separate airlines. Airtran to Orlando (used this airline many times when I lived in Florida) and Jet Blue to Bogota. The total cost ended up being under 600.

Safety/ground transportation: I don’t know if it was because I am a big guy or if I could pass as an Afro Colombian because I am black OR because Bogota is a relatively safe country but I had NO problems. That includes walking back from a bar at 3am in twice and walking around during the day. Both were with a group of three others. Don’t be an idiot flashing cash or expensive jewelry.
Cabs to and from the airport from La Candeleria should cost no more than $12 Us. i arrived real late at night and was tired so I got scammed for about $30. Dude also wanted to show me another hotel but I said no thanks. Learning the TransMIleno is real easy. It only cost 1400 pesos for one trip, including transfers. I used this to get to the Santa Fe Mall on several occasions.

Food: Food was dirt cheap IMO. The regular fast food places or eateries never cost me more than 10,000 pesos. I splurged one night at Crepes and Waffles and the meal was around 20,000 (waffle with ice-cream and a crepe) . Food got old real fast though. I am not sure how these pretty women stay thin on that shit.
Alcohol: Where I am from, a beer at the bar cost $4-7. I couldn’t believe how cheap this stuff was. The most I ever paid for a beer was 10,000 pesos for a warm Heineken. Otherwise, I spent between 2200-4000 pesos for a beer. BOTTLE SERVICE was around 70,000-90,000 pesos. I usually ended up splitting that with a group of people. I’m glad it was so cheap because every time I did that the beta males/white knights would never make the females in the group pay.[Image: monkey.gif]

Language: I speak somewhere between beginner to Intermediate Spanish. By the at the end of the trip I was doing remarkably better. You should def learn Spanish if you want to swoop some girls that are NOT gringo hunters.

Pipeling: To be honest I did not really use it beforehand very much. I did link up with a chica I met on Badoo while on there. She had to leave for Santa Marta the next day unfortunately…

Women: I prefer woman of mulatto to dark skin so maybe Bogota wasn’t the place for me. That being said there were beautiful women with light skin and brown eyes there. I couldn’t believe the absence of fatties. I saw just as many bigger girls in the Orlando airport during my 6 hour layover as I saw during my ENTIRE trip in Bogota. No joke. They all dressed sexy and feminine and work either working women or going to college. If you like nice bubble butts, long dark hair and a thin to athletic frame then this is the place for you. Next time I will for sure being visiting Cali or the coast.
Weather: I found that highs in the upper 60’s during the day and low 50’s at night were perfect for me. It was sunny every day except one. Jacket or a long sleeve shirt is required at night.
Accommodation: For the first couple of days I stayed at Hotel Continental. The place was pretty sweet but unfortunately I didn’t really meet anyone. I didn’t really want to go out at night alone since I wasn’t familiar with the city. So the rest of my time was spent at Explora Hostel. I am not sure about guest friendly but one of my roommates did bring a girl back. I paid 1500 pesos a night for a 6 bed dorm. t was probably the best hostel I have ever been in. Not really a party hostel but I went out with some of the guys from Sue Calenderia a couple of nights. It is right down there street. If you do bring someone back and you live in the dorm you have several options:
1: Take her to the sofas on the main floor in the common area. The door leading to the reception area will be closed and you will have ample room to do your thing:
2. There are some couches in the common room where the upstairs dorms are. As one of my roommates did.
3. If there is a suite unoccupied they leave the window open and sometimes the door. Perfect for getting your swerve on as I did.

Things to do: IMO..three days is more than enough to see all the sights in Bogota. I am not even talking about rushing through. You have Montserrat, a few museums, maybe some malls. I’ve heard of people going to the Sante Fe district but those are just whispers. Who knows if they came back alive.

Gaming: The first few of days I had in my head that girls would come up to my and I didn’t have to do much work like back home. WRONG. As soon as I opened my mouth things became much easier. Best thing for me was to pretend like I was trying to work on my Spanish. Problem was I didn’t have a phone that could call girls. I did get a couple of numbers. I wish I would of day gamed earlier in the trip. As others have stated the mall is a great place to chat up girls. During the week it was pretty much empty so I would see bored girls sitting around with nothing to do. Unfortunately, my Spanish wasn’t great so it was hard for me to keep things moving. I want to Santa Fe ( I believed it’s called) and I found that it was pretty empty. On the streets and restaurants are also good places to meet girls too. As far as bars go the music is loud and it can be hard to understand them. I did find that the more alcohol that I drank the better I got at understanding Spanish..hmmm.

Clubs: Most of my time was spent relaxing since that what vacations is for. I did go to a few clubs:
Saturday night I went out to Andres Carne de Res in Chia. That place was awesome as it was one long bar. A group of us ended up splitting some tequila for 80,000 pesos. After a shot I started going to work with this one waitress. I gamed her with my broken Spanish and used another guy in the group as help. Unfortunately I was too intoxicated to realize that I should have asked for her number instead of incessantly talking. Another chick tried to hook me up with a Brazilian but my Portuguese was non-existent. I also talked to an Asian American but I wasn’t there for that.

Tuesday night I went to La Villa. The cover was 10,000 pesos and beers were 7-10,000 pesos. This place was more of a club and a spot where the gringo hunters and pros can roam. I did meet this Colombian girl who was pretty hot and spoke excellent English who I danced and made out with for a while. Towards the end she asked for money to take it a bit further. I respectively declined. Seems like this is a place to get a flag if you are careful.

Wednesday I went to Quierpo Con. A group of us walked to the bar somewhere. Not sure what it was. So I gamed this good looking Colombian chick for a while but she passed me on to her friend. We talked in Spanish and danced so I thought things were going well. She abruptly left to go do something else. Turns out both of them wanted their German flag. After a few drinks I started talking to the German girl who came with us. I ended up leaving with her and getting that German flag in an empty suite.

You can get away with Spanish if you go to the gringo spots. Otherwise, you should know some at an intermediate level. Don’t be afraid to approach these girls. I never had one female just blow me off if they didn’t like me. They were always interested.

I’ll be back there In Colombia around late summer so next time I’ll be prepared.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Bogotá Trip Report

Nice post CThunder86, glad to hear that you enjoyed Bogota, I miss that city. Although it is a melting pot and you'll find women from all over the country there, if you're into more black and mulatto women then hit up Cali for sure, you could even risk going to the hell hole of Buenaventura (I was in a town about 30 Kms away and it sucked), but that's definitely for the more adventurous traveler.

You should have checked out Sante Fe man, some of the craziest times there in the "zona de tolerencia", but if you decide to do so when you go back, don't go alone!

For you or anyone else from the RVF forum going to Bogota and you want a bilingual guide, stop by at the New Era barber shop on Cll 55 No 10 -92, the guys who work there are Colombian-Americans and they'll take you out to places gringos usually don't go alone, just buy them a couple of beers.

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (04-03-2013 08:21 AM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Food: Food was dirt cheap IMO. The regular fast food places or eateries never cost me more than 10,000 pesos. I splurged one night at Crepes and Waffles and the meal was around 20,000 (waffle with ice-cream and a crepe) . Food got old real fast though. I am not sure how these pretty women stay thin on that shit.

Ok, I finally figured out the "Colombian Food Mystery" on this forum.

Everyone says on here that "Colombian food isn't good" or "they get tired of it".

I at at Crepes and Waffles once and it was the most low end meal I had there. If that was your "splurge" meal, I can only imagine what kind of places you were eating at.

That is like going to America, eating Burger King every meal and saying, "American food isn't good" or "I got tired of it".

For anyone that wants to go, Colombian food is good.

Some low end places are great, but you have to choose wisely.

The mid range and high end restaurants are great, with some restaurants being exceptional.

The food cooked in the home is amazing.

The farmers markets are amazing as well.

The food a Colombian girl will cook you is also great.

Clubs: Most of my time was spent relaxing since that what vacations is for. I did go to a few clubs:
Saturday night I went out to Andres Carne de Res in Chia.

Did you go to the one in Bogota?

Bogotá Trip Report

Been in Bogota awhile now, and have no plans on leaving anytime soon. It amazes how much attention other cities in Colombia get....I truly believe Bogota's look and reputation as a crime ridden city really scares off gringos or people just use it as a hub to stop in for a few days before jetting off to some other locale....

While i still have a lot of the country to investigate, for my personal tastes i could not live anywhere else in Colombia besides Bogota. I would be bored shitless in other Colombian cities. G is right the food at the mid to high level veneus is amazing. Some incredible restraunts ranging from every cuisine in the world at really amazing value.

On top of that this city has an incredible nightlife ranging from backpacker/local university hangouts, rocker bars, seedy to high end brothels, bumping high end clubs, martini lounges, Irish pubs, to underground after hours places that go till 11am....

When I get the time I will write up a more detailed sheet but again gotta say it Bogota is a great city that is under the radar in my opinion....and takes some time to really start to figure out....I still feel like I have barely scratched the surface as this city is massive!

Bogotá Trip Report

Scotian: the reason I found out about Sante Fe is because I asked a taxi guy who I trusted where the strip clubs are. He said he would take me but I was a little nervous. I still have his contact info so maybe next time.

G: some of the mom and pop places were good. I have some legit rice, beans, and egg along with tamales and empenadas. As you notices I didn't stay too far off the tourist path. Next time ill do a bit more research and spread my wings.

As far as Andres in Bogota I don't think I went there. It took us 40 minutes per leg just to get there.

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Bogotá Trip Report

While i still have a lot of the country to investigate, for my personal tastes i could not live anywhere else in Colombia besides Bogota.

Go figure, every time I have to go to Bogota, is because I need to get a visa or something and I totally detest my time there. It doesn't help that we Paisas and Rolos hate eachother. Objectively, the city IS a lot safer than the other regional capitals and the amenities have some edge over Cali (And maybe on par with Medellin), however Bogota is a huge mess of a city and the air smells. I could say something about the nastiness of their people but like I say, they don't like us there so I can't say how they treat foreigners.

Bogotá Trip Report

Quote: (04-03-2013 09:40 AM)Tully Mars Wrote:  

On top of that this city has an incredible nightlife ranging from backpacker/local university hangouts, rocker bars, seedy to high end brothels, bumping high end clubs, martini lounges, Irish pubs, to underground after hours places that go till 11am....

Damn. Missed that.

Can you name some names?

Bogotá Trip Report

So I’ve been in Bogota since 10th of February and will stay here until the beginning of May, when I will move onwards to Medellin (see THIS thread in the meetup-forum).

Since there already are a lot of threads about Bogota I add my info here. Some of the info might be repetitive for the same reason (many existing threads).

Mission breakdown: first station of my South American tour. Goals – have fun and live the good life – learn Spanish – introduce cute Rolas to my luxurious euro-cock.

Success-Rate: Rather on the low-end – 3 different women in total, all in the 7-range (age 20/21/24). One was a SNL and ONS, the other two I converted into fuckbuddies (first fuck on the 3rd resp. 4th date), tho my first FB is acting distant since last week and may phase out. In my home country I net in average a new notch every month, usually in the 6-7 range with the occasional 8 once in a blue moon. But if I’m on foreign shores, I expect to do better – which I didn’t.

Bottom line - when evaluating my assessment of bogotán women, you should keep in mind that I operate out of a relative small sample size.

Language: I found that the local populace doesn’t speak much English. I had zero Spanish when I came here, and with every bit of Spanish my success improved markedly. I would say you need beginners to intermediate Spanish to have any kind of reliable success here. All the three chicas I banged speak exclusively Spanish and all our convos, dates, sex-talk was/is in Spanish. IMHO: Don’t come here if you don’t speak Spanish or plan to learn it here.

City-layout: The city is huge and sprawling, which is rather inconvenient since logistics might become difficult. Taxi and transportation isn’t that expensive though, but might add up if you take a taxi everywhere. Mainly I hung out in four different zones: Rosales & Zona G (home base and dining), Zona Rosa (main nightlife venue, malls and dining), Candelaria (old town), Chapinero (area of my school).

Nightlife spots: I have to admit I didn’t put much effort into finding the super secret cool spots. I found that you can just go to Zona Rosa on Friday or Saturday (starting at the Carulla at 85) and catch group of girls on the street. If a group approves of you and you get a good vibe going, they will take you to whatever club they are going to. I didn’t find that the many clubs in Zona Rosa are that much different. Andres carne de res is pretty cool and you can also eat there pretty well, tho the one in Chia is supposedly way better (never been there).

Parque 93 is another party area, but it seems to me it’s more for the older crowd. I was in Salto de Angel, which ‘sposedly is good, but when I was there the chicas where rather older girls in groups with lots of men. Maybe it was just the wrong night, but I was never tempted to go again.

Base of operations: Las Rosales, near the bolsa de valores Colombia. big Apt which I found over airBNB (2 Roommates). Very safe area, supposed to be one of the best areas in Bogota (at least that’s what the locals told me). Personally, I found that it’s a good spot since it is very near my Spanish language school and it doesn’t take long to go to Zona Rosa, Parque 93 and Chapinero. Candelaria is a little bit farther away but not so much that it’s an enormous hassle.

Costs: Monthly Rent for my Apt. $650 / Decent Meal COP 20K-40K / Crappy meal around 10K / Awesome meal 50K+ / Cooking@home with good stuff from Carulla 10K / Club entry fee usually 15K-20K / Cheap prepaid cellular 50K / Calling & SMS costs – so cheap I never really bothered to take note of it / Private Spanish lessons with capable teacher 20K-30K per 45min

Security situation: I never felt threatened in any way, but of course there are areas to avoid, especially at night. If you act with reasonable caution, you will be fine I think, unless you are extremely unlucky. Late at night I always take a taxi instead of walking, and I am cautious about what taxi to take.

The guys: What’s really good about Bogota is that the guys behave super friendly and don’t have a problem with foreigners approaching and escalating things with “their” girls. Some guys even helped my approach by winging me and whatnot. Srsly, I found the guys are cool and really nice to foreigners here, way more than in almost any other place I’ve been to (no homo). Cockblocking is almost a non-existent problem here in my experience, unlike at home, where it’s the number one reason for failed approaches/seductions. Hell, at home some guys might even threaten you with outright violence if you approach “their” girls, something neither me nor my friends have ever experienced here.

The girls: As stated in the beginning of my post, the sample size is only 1 ONS & 2 FBs, so keep that in mind. It’s a really small sample.

My general impression is kinda a mixed bag.

Plus is that they take very good care of themselves, high heels, makeup and fly clothes are mandatory. My 2nd Fuckbuddy goes to refresh here makeup when were out when she thinks it’s not as pleasing to me anymore. I like that.

Plus is that they are really friendly and it’s rather easy to approach, get accepted into the group and take solid numbers or get a make-out in a club.

Negative is that they all live with their family, and mommy calls to see if her precious is not doing anything stupid while away with the awesome looking gringo with the verga the size of a baby arm. Logistics was/is a problem for me, even with my own place. I rarely banged the chicas at night, it seemed easier to have them over when they have a free afternoon (often Sunday) and bang them then.

Negative number two is that I got a lot of that “I need to know you more, I don’t fuck with people I only know since recently, I want to get to know you, I’m not an easy girl blablabla I-watch-to-many-telenovelas-drama-bullshit”. I found it almost impossible to have ONS here. And I love ONS so much! Dayum!

En fucking Serio - They hold out here a long time until they put their cute little chocho out for your taking. I hate fucking dating and I don’t want to know the life of my chica inside out! Wtf. I hate that. Also it’s totally unclear how many dates you need until her little hamster brain deems she “knows you well enough” to fuck. This makes it difficult to screen out the chicas that will give you the fastest ROI. Yeah, really hated that part and have not figured out how to handle it properly yet.

Negative number three is that they seems rather possessive – I never told one of my two chicas that I am seeing another girl. And I have a feeling they wouldn’t be happy if they found out about the other one. Well my first FB is acting strange since last week, so if she phases out I might just stick with number 2 for the rest of my stay, so I won’t have the problem of juggling multiple girls anymore. But I don’t think a chica here will easily accept that you have other girls besides her.

The Sex: Again, sample size is small. They are passionate and once the dick is inside them they really lose control and go crazy about it. Sex was/is good. Got oral form all the three chicas I banged so far and they swallowed with no problem or complaint. No anal tho. Stuck my finger into both my FBs arses during doggy, but they both hated it and where like “wtf are you doing?” – “well where I come from women love it [Image: smile.gif] (mentira)” – “no no I don’t like it, it makes me really uncomfortable”. They all asked for condoms for vaginal sex (oral was always raw), which isn’t a problem for me since I use condoms anyway (just stick it into her mouth shortly before you cum if you have to absolutely blow inside one of her orifices), but might be something to consider for you raw doggers here on the forum.

So that’s my .02 cents about Bogota. Hope it helps or is at least useful to someone. Let’s see how Medellin will compare against Bogota next!

Bogotá Trip Report

Excellent field report Doc, +1 from me. We had some very similar success rates. In my four months in Colombia I had five bangs, nothing too crazy as I dated one in Bogota for two of those months, maybe she's one of the ones you banged, she did swallow, we could be Eskimo bros. I don't think Colombia is a place where guys can expect a super high notch count like in SE Asia, unless you can speak Spanish, dance well, have a big bank roll and/or are a light skinned Latino, then you'll kill it for sure.

Good luck in Medellin, I spent about two weeks there in total (2 separate trips) and only got one bang, which was just as bad as the Caribbean coast where I also only got one bang in two weeks.

I had my best luck in Cali where I got two bangs in ten days and found the Calenas to be the most pleasant to date, less drama than the Paisas and the booty size there is legendary, you should consider Cali if chasing the the Paisa princesses drives you crazy, which has been to many a RVF forum member, myself included.

Buena suerte amigo!