rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

2017 Shanghai China Datasheet
017 Shanghai China Datasheet
Link to my Beijing datasheet:
thread-61514.html

Background
*Late 20s, half Asian, 6'3 and good looking
*Can't speak any Chinese
*Stayed near The Bund
*Like sexy/fit girls
*Rolled solo

Shanghai
Shanghai is a much more modern and international city than Beijing. It is an economic power house and there are malls everywhere. Shanghai is a huge party city and there are huge neighborhoods primarily filled with white people or expats. You can go out 7 nights a week in Shanghai and people here party super hard. Shanghainese people are notoriously rude, selfish, and disloyal. They have a pretty bad reputation, especially women here. I witnessed and discussed the cheating, scandalous behavior of both men and women here with many locals. Girls will not hesitate to cheat on their husband and having "fun" or a one night stand was not considered cheating by a lot of people here. There is a huge population of white/European models here and the city has a transient feel. A lot of people come here just to make some quick money for a few months or a year and leave.

Note: I would not stay near The Bund even though everyone tells you that is where it is the most happening. Jingan or Xintiandi are much more current and less of a tourist trap area. You'll save a bunch of money too.

Women
The women in Shanghai were far more attractive and stylish than those in Beijing. The cute/asexual/porcelain skin doll look still is preferred by locals but Shanghai is such an international city you can find girls who are sexy here. The women were also far more aggressive in foreigner/expat hunting and far more down for ONS than the women in Beijing. I had several girls tell me that they only date foreign male models. The girls seem far less conservative than those in Beijing. Girls will approach you here if they like you and will have no problem going home with you. Married women will try to take you home if they think you are hot.

There is a large foreign model, foreign worker, and American Born Chinese and tourist population here. You by no means have to stick to gaming locals or Chinese girls.

Night Game
You can go out seven days a week here and Shanghai has every kind of venue. If you want to game hired guns at KTV places, Shanghai has it. Shanghai has brothels/massage parlors in practically every large building. There are plenty of bars and western style pubs. Hip hop clubs, expat clubs, Chinese clubs, Shanghai has it all. The below list is not exhaustive by any means. When I say ex-pat friendly I mean that like over 50% of the people there will be white/foreign.

Note that at the Chinese clubs, you still get a ton of pros and semi-pros. The hot girls will be locked away in VIP or expect you to pay for their time. The "regular girl" talent is questionable at Chinese clubs. It is better at expat clubs, but I still rarely saw a girl who was an 8 or higher who wasn't a Russian model or otherwise paid to be at the club.

Join WeChat groups for party promotion immediately if you want easy access to the top clubs.

Venues
*Le Baron: Expat friendly club with a decent number of tables but a dance floor where Chinese girls actually dance. The set up of the club encourages mingling and this was by far the most productive venue for me. The door guys are really snobby and may not let you in if you don't have a table or get on the guest list.
*Myst: The biggest Chinese style club in Shanghai. It is mostly tables and the hot girls will either be in the center table protected by aggressive bouncers (you will not be able to get close to them) or at the token Russian model table in a huge mixed group of foreign models. The regular girl Chinese talent is very bad here. I would not recommend going here.
*M2: A Chinese style club that is mostly tables and bored KTV/promo model girls sitting at tables texting and waiting for rich Chinese guys to pay for their attention. I didn't like it.
*M1NT: The most famous expat friendly club. The dance floor was tiny and it was mostly lacking in talent, but go on Wednesdays if you like foreign models. It gets super packed on weekends and the crowd here was the best looking I've seen by far, but mostly foreign. The door can be difficult.
*Monkey: Fun hip hop club. Small but people dance and it gets pretty packed.
*ASL: Run by the same people as Monkey. Expat friendly.
*Bar Rogue: Almost entirely populated by expats and the 30+ crowd. I didn't see a single hot girl here who wasn't a go go dancer. Waste of time for me.
*Unico: Bar Rogue with a younger crowd, supposed to be the new "it spot" but I didn't actually make it here.
*Perry's: American style frat/beer bar. It gets super crowded and really nasty in here. It seems like it would be super easy to pull but I hated the environment. Felt too much like a college bar.
*Nest: A high end lounge/restaurant where you can find hot gold diggers at the bar.
*Lola: Smallish after hours spot populated by tons of prostitutes.
*Apartment: A club with zero tables and a mostly foreign crowd. Good for pick up
*Mansion: A club favored by the large French population in Shanghai. Didn't make it here

Day Game
I didn't day game but it seemed very possible in Shanghai. Most girls don't speak great English. I would try Jingan and Xintiandi, two high end shopping districts.

Online Game
Tinder is somewhat popular here. Tan tan is a Chinese version of Tinder but the girls there will mostly not speak English and use tons of "cute" filters to obscure how they actually look, I deleted Tan Tan because it was such a waste of time. Beware a lot of Tinder girls are just prostitutes looking for clients. I didn't think Tinder was tremendously useful here but I got some action from it. The night life is good everyday so it isn't necessary.

PUA Community
There seems to be a fairly active PUA presence in Shanghai. I never actually met anyone but there are so many foreign guys here who "hunt" for girls at clubs. Shanghai is a meat market city and it is easy to get laid here.

Conclusion
Shanghai is a viable destination city for game because of the vibe, very happening night life, and ease of pulling here. However, everyone tells me Taipei or Seoul or even Hong Kong is better and those cities don't require a Visa for most westerners. I was very disappointed in the local talent in Shanghai, I expected there to be more hot girls but it is rare you saw an 8 in a club or bar who was not a foreign model or with a rich guy locked away in VIP or paid to be there by the club. I left Shanghai with a lot of notches but not a lot of great memories.
Shanghai is a lot better for pick up than Beijing. Surprised this thread isn't full of controversy and replies like my Beijing one.
Ask and you shall recieve.
I am in Shanghai at the moment. Contrary to BK, the number of talents are impressive in my opinion. I do speak fluent Chinese, therefore, experience might vary with others.
Hey y'all, what's the VPN situation over in China? Some of my Chinese friends told me they're banning a lot of them?

Is this something to be worried about for those wanting to move to China, or is there still an easy way to get past the great firewall?
China is always blocking VPNs. They do a periodic block and it takes VPNs a few weeks to get around it. Kinda an arms race. Onavo Protect is what I usually use. Though on my last trip I found that T-Mobile roaming on China Mobile allowed me to use FB, IG, etc without it.

Can anyone confirm the non-smoking ban is being adhered to? This was honestly the hardest part of clubbing in China. It’s so polluted walking around all day. Then at night your lungs don’t get a break.

I’d get invited to private tables but the chain smoking was so ridiculous. KTV Party? It’s like being trapped in the room of burning building. That still sucks and is why I avoid a lot of Japanese clubs.

I’ve picked up at the Starbucks in Xintiandi. It’s low key and girls are usually chilling there. Most clubs have a foreigner table with free cheap booze. Nothing special. Vodka OJ. Rum and coke. You can get in free before midnight usually if you know what promotion company is on that night. I know girls that promote and aren’t even in Shanghai anymore. They just wechat the password.

Watch out fir the whores on E Nanjing Rd. Avoid walking there solo. The harassment on my last trip was so bad I lost it and told her to fuck off. She ripped my sleeve and her midget pimp chased me around in circles.
Express VPN for Phone should be working and for your laptop i recommend astrill or express VPN( when i was there about a year and 2 months ago they were working).

Shanghai is one of my favorite destinations for gaming, everything is just good there ( daygame, online game and nightgame). The thing i actually enjoy is that chinese girls as well go to clubs to get laid. Not like in Europe where, they just want to have a night out with other girls .You can smoke anywhere in China, in any club.

Places to stay in Shanghai for good logistics: People square / jing an temple / French concession. Tantan is a goldmine if you speak chinese.

Things to do outside gaming: Yuan garden, bund, Yellow mountains, the lake of Hanghzou, Luijazui.

Yeah, what travel Museums said: avoid Nanjing road/ bund for picking up. Take a girl with you. The tea and massage scams are well known. PM me if you need more information
They're doubling down on VPNs for real this time. Expect to have massive problems getting on FB, IG, Google etc in the not-so-distant future.
The smoking ban in clubs is just Shanghai. It started this spring. Can anyone confirm it’s being adhered to?
how is cost of living in Shanghai these days? last time I visited in 2015, it already seemed fairly high.

Can you at least get a decent studio apt to yourself near the downtown city centre area (People's Square, Jing'an, Xintiandi etc) for under $400 USD a month?
Quote: (03-16-2017 05:53 AM)Baffled King Wrote:  

Link to my Beijing datasheet:
thread-61514.html

Background
*Late 20s, half Asian, 6'3 and good looking
*Can't speak any Chinese
*Stayed near The Bund
*Like sexy/fit girls
*Rolled solo

Shanghai
Shanghai is a much more modern and international city than Beijing. It is an economic power house and there are malls everywhere. Shanghai is a huge party city and there are huge neighborhoods primarily filled with white people or expats. You can go out 7 nights a week in Shanghai and people here party super hard. Shanghainese people are notoriously rude, selfish, and disloyal. They have a pretty bad reputation, especially women here. I witnessed and discussed the cheating, scandalous behavior of both men and women here with many locals. Girls will not hesitate to cheat on their husband and having "fun" or a one night stand was not considered cheating by a lot of people here. There is a huge population of white/European models here and the city has a transient feel. A lot of people come here just to make some quick money for a few months or a year and leave.

Note: I would not stay near The Bund even though everyone tells you that is where it is the most happening. Jingan or Xintiandi are much more current and less of a tourist trap area. You'll save a bunch of money too.

Women
The women in Shanghai were far more attractive and stylish than those in Beijing. The cute/asexual/porcelain skin doll look still is preferred by locals but Shanghai is such an international city you can find girls who are sexy here. The women were also far more aggressive in foreigner/expat hunting and far more down for ONS than the women in Beijing. I had several girls tell me that they only date foreign male models. The girls seem far less conservative than those in Beijing. Girls will approach you here if they like you and will have no problem going home with you. Married women will try to take you home if they think you are hot.

There is a large foreign model, foreign worker, and American Born Chinese and tourist population here. You by no means have to stick to gaming locals or Chinese girls.

Night Game
You can go out seven days a week here and Shanghai has every kind of venue. If you want to game hired guns at KTV places, Shanghai has it. Shanghai has brothels/massage parlors in practically every large building. There are plenty of bars and western style pubs. Hip hop clubs, expat clubs, Chinese clubs, Shanghai has it all. The below list is not exhaustive by any means. When I say ex-pat friendly I mean that like over 50% of the people there will be white/foreign.

Note that at the Chinese clubs, you still get a ton of pros and semi-pros. The hot girls will be locked away in VIP or expect you to pay for their time. The "regular girl" talent is questionable at Chinese clubs. It is better at expat clubs, but I still rarely saw a girl who was an 8 or higher who wasn't a Russian model or otherwise paid to be at the club.

Join WeChat groups for party promotion immediately if you want easy access to the top clubs.

Venues
*Le Baron: Expat friendly club with a decent number of tables but a dance floor where Chinese girls actually dance. The set up of the club encourages mingling and this was by far the most productive venue for me. The door guys are really snobby and may not let you in if you don't have a table or get on the guest list.
*Myst: The biggest Chinese style club in Shanghai. It is mostly tables and the hot girls will either be in the center table protected by aggressive bouncers (you will not be able to get close to them) or at the token Russian model table in a huge mixed group of foreign models. The regular girl Chinese talent is very bad here. I would not recommend going here.
*M2: A Chinese style club that is mostly tables and bored KTV/promo model girls sitting at tables texting and waiting for rich Chinese guys to pay for their attention. I didn't like it.
*M1NT: The most famous expat friendly club. The dance floor was tiny and it was mostly lacking in talent, but go on Wednesdays if you like foreign models. It gets super packed on weekends and the crowd here was the best looking I've seen by far, but mostly foreign. The door can be difficult.
*Monkey: Fun hip hop club. Small but people dance and it gets pretty packed.
*ASL: Run by the same people as Monkey. Expat friendly.
*Bar Rogue: Almost entirely populated by expats and the 30+ crowd. I didn't see a single hot girl here who wasn't a go go dancer. Waste of time for me.
*Unico: Bar Rogue with a younger crowd, supposed to be the new "it spot" but I didn't actually make it here.
*Perry's: American style frat/beer bar. It gets super crowded and really nasty in here. It seems like it would be super easy to pull but I hated the environment. Felt too much like a college bar.
*Nest: A high end lounge/restaurant where you can find hot gold diggers at the bar.
*Lola: Smallish after hours spot populated by tons of prostitutes.
*Apartment: A club with zero tables and a mostly foreign crowd. Good for pick up
*Mansion: A club favored by the large French population in Shanghai. Didn't make it here

Day Game
I didn't day game but it seemed very possible in Shanghai. Most girls don't speak great English. I would try Jingan and Xintiandi, two high end shopping districts.

Online Game
Tinder is somewhat popular here. Tan tan is a Chinese version of Tinder but the girls there will mostly not speak English and use tons of "cute" filters to obscure how they actually look, I deleted Tan Tan because it was such a waste of time. Beware a lot of Tinder girls are just prostitutes looking for clients. I didn't think Tinder was tremendously useful here but I got some action from it. The night life is good everyday so it isn't necessary.

PUA Community
There seems to be a fairly active PUA presence in Shanghai. I never actually met anyone but there are so many foreign guys here who "hunt" for girls at clubs. Shanghai is a meat market city and it is easy to get laid here.

Conclusion
Shanghai is a viable destination city for game because of the vibe, very happening night life, and ease of pulling here. However, everyone tells me Taipei or Seoul or even Hong Kong is better and those cities don't require a Visa for most westerners. I was very disappointed in the local talent in Shanghai, I expected there to be more hot girls but it is rare you saw an 8 in a club or bar who was not a foreign model or with a rich guy locked away in VIP or paid to be there by the club. I left Shanghai with a lot of notches but not a lot of great memories.

First time poster here, figured I'd contribute some nightlife updates/elaborate on the original post, considering I've been living in Shanghai for around a year and a half now.

The Apartment has unfortunately closed. This was a favorite of mine, as it was two separate rooms, one playing hip hop and one playing more EDM or deep house, and like OP said, had no tables, thus making it so much more conducive to dance game. But alas, like most nice clubs here in the Hai, this one is history.

Perry's actually has multiple different locations. The most centrally located one, at the corner of Huaihai Middle and Changshu Road, is the grimiest, sweatiest, and also most popping one, also the only Perry's with an actual dancefloor. Very typical American college bar-type venue. Lots of tables, but from my experience the crowd is generally very receptive to randos just popping a squat at their tables and chilling with them, as a foreigner just be friendly/fun and ask to join the table.

Myst closed and then reopened again, apparently a gang member shagged another gang member's girl, so he got knifed there. It's open again, but not sure how good it is. Just something to keep in mind when you size up your nightlife options.

Zapatas is definitely worth mentioning as well, large bar with outdoor patio that turns into a semi-club later in the night with a large dancefloor. I think this place has been covered in previous data sheets not on this thread, but very conducive to pick-up, as you get a lot of newbies to the city in here looking to experience a staple of Shanghai nightlife, both local and foreigners.

Lastly, the groups of bars that operated on Yongkang Lu have moved over to Found 158, basically a large complex built into a hole in the ground in a quiet park on the eastern side of Julu Lu. It's a favorite place for people to pregame (certainly is for me), but drinks at a lot of the bars here are fairly expensive (think 40rmb minimum), but there are always small convenience stores across the street that sell shit beer for dirt cheap, as is the case with any other nightlife venue in this city. A club called Arkham is also here, but I've yet to experience it. It tends to be more hip-hop-oriented, and I've heard it's where a lot of the city's ABCs (American Born Chinese) gets crunk on weekends.

I've learned quite a bit from the forum from just lurking around, so I'm very thankful for its existence. I feel like there isn't as much info on the forum about this amazing city as there should be, especially for a city with such a large population, so I hope this short little update on venues helped some of you guys who are thinking of visiting here, or living here.

Cheers

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!
Just checking in to see if anyone has any info on the perspective of Singaporean guys in China? I speak English and mandarin both on a first langage basis so I’m interested to see if my experience would be like an ABC. Seems like a possible location since I’m considering working in the “Chinese world” upon graduation from college.
Quote: (10-25-2017 06:50 PM)asiaslayer Wrote:  

how is cost of living in Shanghai these days? last time I visited in 2015, it already seemed fairly high.

Can you at least get a decent studio apt to yourself near the downtown city centre area (People's Square, Jing'an, Xintiandi etc) for under $400 USD a month?

The rent is too damn high!

For real though, it's been on a steady increase with no signs of slowing down for a while. A studio near the city center areas will set you back at least 5000rmb/month, which is roughly 750usd, and that might be a place on a lower floor infested with bugs. Best case scenario at 400usd/month would probably be a shared place around a 10 minute walk from Zhongshan Park, or Hanzhong Lu metro stops, which are both 3-4 metro stops from the city center. I'd look on smartshanghai.com for apartments for rent, you can sometimes find the odd really good deal on there, but beware of commission fees.

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!
Quote: (11-02-2017 06:00 AM)Zerdame Wrote:  

Just checking in to see if anyone has any info on the perspective of Singaporean guys in China? I speak English and mandarin both on a first langage basis so I’m interested to see if my experience would be like an ABC. Seems like a possible location since I’m considering working in the “Chinese world” upon graduation from college.

I don't know too many ABCs personally, but the ones I've met seem to do really well here. ABC, Rich Local, super fluent White and Happa guys all seem to tie for being top-tier in China in the eyes of the girls here.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.
Quote: (11-02-2017 07:10 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Quote: (11-02-2017 06:00 AM)Zerdame Wrote:  

I don't know too many ABCs personally, but the ones I've met seem to do really well here. ABC, Rich Local, super fluent White and Happa guys all seem to tie for being top-tier in China in the eyes of the girls here.

Yup I think this confirms what I experienced in Taiwan and HK and pretty much most of Asia really, returning as a westernized Asian is especially attractive because girls can date you without feeling slut shamed, your english ability would probably get you a job that pays higher than lower guys and that she wants to be a part of your world are all huge factors on why Asian guys with game kill it in their home countries.

Last time I was in Shanghai was 7 years ago and I was a teen then, would definitely want to head over soon.
I'm fairly new to game, and have had a LTR for the past year and a half. She's a Chinese citizen, and has had to go stay in the US for two months to sort out Green Card issues. I thus took the opportunity to roll solo for the first time ever in my life last Friday. Pregamed by downing three Rio Heavy’s (Chinese Four Loko copycat, about 8% ABV) and some cheap whiskey, and then went to Perrys and Zapata’s, and probably got more drunk than I intended to after that. I live very centrally, 3 minutes walk from Jing’an Temple, so I just decided to walk the 2km from home to Perrys.

Got there about 11:30ish, and ran into a jacked local guy who plays for a rival American football team (yes I play American football here, that’s what a lot of my job here revolves around). Dude told me he also rolls solo most of the time, so I might have a good wing for the future. Approached a mixed set, with one Chinese dude, two 4s and a 7 Thai girl. Vibed pretty well with the Thai, and we all ended up bouncing to Zapata’s, which is just a five minute walk away. We sat down there and chilled at one of the outdoor tables, which I wasn’t trying to do, so when we got back up to dance, I tried escalating on the Thai, but she dropped the boyfriend line. I wasn’t deterred at first, but she kept bringing it up when I’d try to full on dance up close with her, so I ejected, and walked back to Perrys, as the ratio in Zapata’s was pretty bad.

I really shouldn’t drink that much. At this point things started to get a bit more hazy. Approached a Mongolian 8 who I was able to quickly escalate and get dancing with, but I forgot to get her WeChat (stupid me) due to a combination of alcohol/rusty game from being in an LTR for so long. Danced with a few more girls and got two WeChats, but one doesn’t remember me, and didn’t respond to my messages, and the other has a boyfriend. I’ll lay off the Rio Heavy’s next time. Got home at 5am, woke up a few hours later and had to go coach youth football the next day. FML.

This is my first time writing up a recap of a night out, so hope my lack of memory can be excused. Again, next time I won’t drink as much, I ended up going back to Perrys the next night and drinking a lot less, and having more fun. I think I’ll keep going back there in the future, as I’m young (23), can speak Mandarin close to fluently, and fit in well with the crowd there, and got my first ONS in China from there last year (before I met my LTR). Vibe is really good there, girls are generally a fun time and open to approaching, so I’ll definitely hit it up again.

Anyone ever been to Cs? It’s another one of those dive bars (a la Perrys, Helen’s). I’ve been once, but it was with my LTR, so didn’t really game at the time. I’m thinking that place could be a solid choice to roll solo to as well, it seems like a more dancing-centric version of Perrys, which would be right up my alley.

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!
So what’s up with Shanghai’s smoking ban? I’d consider going there regularly to party if it actually works.

You play pro sports in China? What’s that like??

I remember a Chinese girlfriend showed me photos of guys doing the Beijing marathon wearing gas masks. A lot of top runners got sick and didn’t finish because of the smog.

Is Zapatas the sports bar? I think that’s the one I fucked a Chinese girl in their toilet. They caught us so we left pretty quick.
@Ganlanqiu

Cool to read your stories. Shanghai was also my first real experience abroad outside of Europe.

I mostly pregamed in Windows Garage or Windows Scoreboard and Perry's. I've never been to Helen's actually, how is Helen's bar?

My Tactic was Always to show up in perry's/ Windows around 8-9 PM and ask to a table full of girls if I could sit there. And then I would see how the night would go. Perrys was way more efficent than Windows. Perrys is great for capturing flags and the nightlife in Shanghai is in general pretty international.

Zapata's is decent for picking up but it attracts an older crowd ( girls between 26-30 years old mostly go there and a lot of them are foreign girls and it's mostly a cockfest in there). Clubs where I did well for Pick up :
- Hollywood
- Myst
- Mook
- Luce ( this one was my favorite but i heard it's closed already)
- Le Baron

Avoid the mistake I did and listened to one of my friends who would take me to some great clubs for pick-up:
- The shelter
- Snobby clubs like Bar rouge, Mint
- Monkey

Yeah the rent is fucking expensive in Shanghai. The city has an excellent nightlife and great food , the only thing that lacks is a lot of daily activities to keep you busy with ( like Tokyo for example).
Quote: (11-23-2017 05:17 AM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

So what’s up with Shanghai’s smoking ban? I’d consider going there regularly to party if it actually works.

You play pro sports in China? What’s that like??

I remember a Chinese girlfriend showed me photos of guys doing the Beijing marathon wearing gas masks. A lot of top runners got sick and didn’t finish because of the smog.

Is Zapatas the sports bar? I think that’s the one I fucked a Chinese girl in their toilet. They caught us so we left pretty quick.

Definitely not enforced, at least at the more down-to-earth, cheaper, college student-friendly venues that I frequent. After going to Perrys twice last weekend my clothes reeked of cigarette smoke.

The league I play in isn't professional, but the best players in this league do play professionally in a different league called the China Arena Football League. I was recovering from an injury during this year's combine (tryouts) unfortunately so I won't be able to play football for money next year. And yes about Beijing's smog, that is why I will never consider moving there.

I don't think Zapatas is really known as a sports bar, but they might show sports at times, not sure.

Quote: (11-23-2017 06:35 AM)SpursFan741 Wrote:  

@Ganlanqiu

Cool to read your stories. Shanghai was also my first real experience abroad outside of Europe.

I mostly pregamed in Windows Garage or Windows Scoreboard and Perry's. I've never been to Helen's actually, how is Helen's bar?

My Tactic was Always to show up in perry's/ Windows around 8-9 PM and ask to a table full of girls if I could sit there. And then I would see how the night would go. Perrys was way more efficent than Windows. Perrys is great for capturing flags and the nightlife in Shanghai is in general pretty international.

Zapata's is decent for picking up but it attracts an older crowd ( girls between 26-30 years old mostly go there and a lot of them are foreign girls and it's mostly a cockfest in there). Clubs where I did well for Pick up :
- Hollywood
- Myst
- Mook
- Luce ( this one was my favorite but i heard it's closed already)
- Le Baron

Avoid the mistake I did and listened to one of my friends who would take me to some great clubs for pick-up:
- The shelter
- Snobby clubs like Bar rouge, Mint
- Monkey

Yeah the rent is fucking expensive in Shanghai. The city has an excellent nightlife and great food , the only thing that lacks is a lot of daily activities to keep you busy with ( like Tokyo for example).

Nice. Helen's is a shittier version of Perrys, because it's so far from the city center and only really caters to students at Fudan University, and there's no dance floor. I might employ your strategy next time at Perrys hehe.

I haven't been to Myst in over a year, so I wonder how it is now, considering it got shut down for a few weeks back in August I think. It was decent for pickup the last year as I remember. Luce is closed, Mook I wasn't a fan of the one time I went, as the music was ridiculously loud, and there's no dance floor, and Le Baron, well shit, the one time I tried going they didn't let my group in (living up to their reputation for being snobby at the door).

Definitely agreed on the snobbier clubs, in other words the clubs that most foreigners want to go to when they first come to Shanghai. Waste of time, money, and effort for me personally. My next solo adventure will probably be to the Dada/Cs area, AKA the "F-visa Ghetto", so named because that area tends to be inhabited by a lot of foreigners working illegally on F (tourist) visas. The longer I stay here, the more cheap dive bars are starting to grow on me....

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!
I might be moving to Shanghai next year for a temporary period of time, how would you guys rate the city compared with Beijing and Hong Kong? Especially about quality of girls and easiness of gaming/banging them?
What do you guys think about Hollywood? does it fit into the snobby category? I have seen more Europeans there than locals.
delete
Quote: (11-23-2017 12:20 PM)Baptistao Wrote:  

I might be moving to Shanghai next year for a temporary period of time, how would you guys rate the city compared with Beijing and Hong Kong? Especially about quality of girls and easiness of gaming/banging them?

Welcome! Shanghai over Beijing x100000. Scene in Shanghai is more international, there's a lot less pollution, and it's not as cold in the winter as BJ. I haven't actually lived in Beijing for a longer period of time before, but given that Shanghai is more foreign-influenced, it may be easier to pull ONS in Shanghai. Girls here are generally shorter than in BJ too.

I actually think girls in HK have Shanghai girls beat though, but that's because I'm more into the short, darker-skinned, curvier, and slightly more Westernized type. I haven't yet sampled the local fare enough to provide a solid viewpoint on this. Hong Kong is a fuck ton more expensive than anywhere on the mainland though.

Quote: (11-23-2017 12:43 PM)worldtraveler3 Wrote:  

What do you guys think about Hollywood? does it fit into the snobby category? I have seen more Europeans there than locals.

Hollywood is confusing because there was a different club called Hollywood located elsewhere over the past few years, but the current Hollywood was called Lola for a while until a few months ago. Haven't been there in its current iteration. But there are definitely places that more foreigners go than locals that I would say aren't snobby at all. Zapata's is one that comes to mind.

天不怕,地不怕,就怕外国人说中国话!
I heard Apartment (bar) got shut down, along with some other clubs.

What happened. Are they in new locations under different names, or completely gone now? If so, what are the current hottest bars and clubs to be at?
The thing with Shanghai is that there are a lot white european foreigners there these days, i've seen the competition getting harder year after year. More and more French and other European schools have exchange progams in Shanghai, more internshipschools in Shanghai that will place foreign students in Shanghai, Mandarin is more and more popular to learn,...

When I first arrived 3 years ago and I compare it with a few weeks ago ( I was back for a few days, i'm now on holidays in Yunnan), the amount of foreigners I saw was annoying and your foreigner value definatly declined over the past few years.

To compare Hongkong with Shanghai, Shanghai is a better option for everything except English levels. Hongkong is fucking expensive, nigtlife are western cockfests ( even worse than Shanghai), it's small in comparison with Shanghai.

To compare Shanghai with Beijing: i don't have that much knowledge about the nightlife in Beijing, you should ask a member who lives there. I've been there for 14 days a few years ago ( mostly for sightseeing , I went out twice). Beijing has way much to do during daytime than Shanghai. You have tons of touristic things to do, better food than Shanghai and it has a more authentic vibe. The two main issues in Beijing are the pollution and the shitty weather. There are less foreigners in Beijing than in Shanghai and Hongkong.

If you put in the work in Shanghai and assume you got at least some game, you'll be fine. It's way easier than Europe anyway, even though the white foreigner competition is increasing every year.