rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Joanna Palani: Danish-Kurdish female sniper who left Europe to fight ISIS

I'm curious about your take on this.

Main points from the Daily Mail article below:

Quote:Quote:

Danish student branded a terrorist after training as 'Lady Death' sniper to fight jihadis in Syria reveals she has lost everything
[Image: 3CE6F9DB00000578-4170840-image-a-49_1486452551610.jpg]

Joanna Palani, 23, dropped out of college to join the battle against jihadis in Syria, spending nine-day stretches alone on the frontline with her Russian sniper rifle trained on Isis targets.
Now she has been forced into hiding and is facing jail in her adopted country for defying authorities who banned her from fighting jihadis.
[...]
'I was willing to give up my life and my freedom to stop Isis advancing, so that everyone in Europe can be safe. This was my choice. But I am seen as a terrorist by my own country.'

[...]

Joanna insisted: 'I don't want ISIS to threaten European countries or people in the same way they have done in Kurdistan.'
The politics student was issued with a travel ban in September 2015. But she defied authorities to rejoin comrades in her battle-hardened Kurdish unit fighting ISIS in northern Syria from June to October 2016 because she says she couldn't bear to leave the women she had trained.
Now Joanna, who arrived in Denmark aged three with her family as refugees from Iraq, faces up two years behind bars for breaching the travel ban, intended to stop Danes from joining terror groups in the Middle East.

[...]

'The Danish government is trying to set an example of me in court so they can say publicly that I am just the same as ISIS, but I am not a criminal.

[...]

Joanna was arrested on December 7th last year by Denmark's PET intelligence service under tough new anti-terrorism legislation intended to stop citizens taking part in the devastating conflict in Syria and Iraq.
She was held in prison for three weeks before being released on the orders of a judge before Christmas on December 23.
But while she was in jail she learned of a threat from another angle. Joanna was told that ISIS had now put a $1 million-bounty on her head.

[...]

'But I love my independence and freedom as a woman more than I fear being captured or turned into a sex slave by ISIS or for ISIS. My worries about being captured and killed are not as great as my love of freedom. That is what keeps me going.
'My response is to keep moving, to keep going to class, to keep working. I will keep trying to show them that I am a liberated and independent woman. This is how I will defeat them.'

[...]

'It's not so easy for me to be in Denmark when my friends are in Rojava and girls I had trained, who were younger than me, were in Manbij and I was not. I felt ashamed and guilty that I was not there. 'They were trying to say there were no women in Manbij, but I knew they were there and that they were fighting forward.'
So on 6 June last year - still in possession of her passport despite the travel ban - she calmly flew back to northern Iraq. She walked for seven hours through the night to cross the border into northern Syria, where she was then driven to the front-line to be reunited with the young women she had trained to fight.
'Something happened inside me that made me go [back to Syria],' Joanna explained to MailOnline.
'At that time in my life it was so much easier to be there [in Syria].
'I had trained the female fighters, they got injured and they got killed, the fighters I had trained the year before. But no one knew they had died for freedom.'

[...]

[Denmark] has the highest rate of returning jihadis in Europe, according to the International Centre for Counter Terrorism (ICC), due to their benevolent de-radicalisation programme.
Joanna bitterly resents the level of support offered to returning ISIS fighters by the Danish state, as she believes it makes the country a more attractive destination to those instructed to kill her.

[...]

Although apparently an acclaimed marksman Joanna refuses to discuss how many 'kills' she has achieved – insisting there is no honour in crowing about taking someone else's life. But she admits that as a teenager she idolised the female World War 2 Red Army sniper known as the Lady of Death - who shot over 309 Nazis.
[...]
Joanna's YPG battalion claim she has killed 100 ISIS fanatics in morale-boosting propaganda.

[...]

She says she was offered protection by Denmark's PET intelligence service after ISIS put the $1 million bounty on her head, but says she refused because the agency is trying to lock her up under terror laws, and she does not trust them.
Now she sleeps on friends' sofas, in shops and store-rooms, takes showers at friends' homes, relies on charities for clothes and struggles financially.

[...]

Fit and adventurous, Joanna loved the outdoors as a child and first picked up a rifle aged nine, at a shooting range, while on holiday in Finland.
'I remember pulling the trigger and feeling the power,' she told MailOnline.
[...]
She explained: 'After we came home from Finland, I begged my dad to let me begin shooting. I said; 'Baba, Baba [father, father] I want to be like you and train to be a Peshmerga fighter.'
Joanna continued to spend time with her relatives in Kurdistan, where she would spend her summer holidays from high school in Copenhagen.

[...]

So when still a teenager the winds of the Arab spring began blowing Syria Joanna was ready, she says.
Dropping out of college where she was studying politics, philosophy and biology, she went to Syria to join the uprising.
'I could see the uprising in Syria was much more complicated than elsewhere in the Middle East,' she told MailOnline.
'Millions of people were fighting for democracy I wanted to be part of it. I was 17 or 18 when I first went to see it. The females battalion wasn't created back then - that came later.
After first taking up arms against the Assad regime in Aleppo Joanna began a series of trips to Syria – increasingly turning her fire on ISIS as they mounted their rapid charge across the region.
She says she fought the fanatics at Kobane, liberated Yazidi girls imprisoned as sex slaves and switched units to fight ISIS in Iraq.

Her Instagram(which she has blocked as I was writing the thread) is fucked up.

She has a mix of selfies, IED devices, photos of dead friends and enemies and even a picture of her smiling and giving a peace sign to the camera with a blood stained hand - which she claimed was her friends, just shot by ISIS.

More pics:
[Image: joannapalani.png]
[Image: joanna_palani6_1445930821.jpg]
[Image: 3_CE6_F9_E300000578_4170840_image_a_48_148645254300.jpg]
[Image: Joanna_Palani_YPG.jpg]
[Image: Vi_Q2_WED.jpg]
[Image: the_girl_who_ran_away_to_fight_isis_body_image_1.jpg]
[Image: 3_CE6_F7_E200000578_4170840_image_a_47_148645253521.jpg]

WROATWMPR

(Would Reach Out And Touch With My Personal Rifle)

WB

Body is bangable, face seems to vary wildly. Either war has drastically aged her face or makeup covers up a very non 23 years old looking face. Should be at home popping out babies and in the kitchen. Women don't belong in battle, in war, on the front lines, whatever.

Hilarious that she felt to need to pick up the slack in Europe and go defend her country instead of men doing it. Hilarious that she's been branded a terrorist for fighting actual terrorists. Scandinavia is so fucking retarded it's mind blowing. Denmark only has five million or so people, do they really think they can afford a "benevolent de-radicalisation programme"? They'll wipe themselves off the map faster and easier than any invading force in their history could have imagined.

This woman has completely lost control of her hamster.

[Image: 1407864386_hamster_bounces_off_exercise_ball.gif]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (02-13-2017 01:10 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Her Instagram(which she has blocked as I was writing the thread) is fucked up.

She has a mix of selfies, IED devices, photos of dead friends and enemies and even a picture of her smiling and giving a peace sign to the camera with a blood stained hand - which she claimed was her friends, just shot by ISIS.

Would impregnate many times and send the squad of my kids to hunt jihadists.

So what? I don't understand the fuss about soldiers getting pics of their dead enemy. People take pics of their own shit that is fucked up, not to take a pic of your "notch".

But the Kurdish feminism is a strange thing.

Interesting I had no idea she's Kurdish who came to Denmark as a refugee. When I read the story in local media I thought she was a native Danish girl. Must be because she died her hair blond.

Quote: (02-13-2017 02:05 PM)Uruz Wrote:  

So what? I don't understand the fuss about soldiers getting pics of their dead enemy. People take pics of their own shit that is fucked up, not to take a pic of your "notch".

I find it difficult to celebrate anyone's death or claim it as a prize. Some people deserve to die and won't be missed, but personally I never take it lightly.

Her page specifically had a stark contrast between her gym locker room selfies and a photograph of an Iranian or Iraqi friend's corpse, a bunch of pictures of her in the desert with gear on, etc. She went from one to the other in just a couple of weeks.

What rubbed me the wrong way was the picture where her hands are stained on her buddy's blood.

EDIT: here's the picture (right):

[Image: untitled_1new.jpg]

The caption read something like: "A friend was killed today. He was conscious for a few minutes before passing away, shot in the head by ISIS. Pieces of his brain were scattered. ISIS will pay."

How the fuck can you take a selfie after something like that? And still covered in blood?

Sidenote - it's bizarre that we are at a point in history when regular people can wage warfare 10.000km away and you can follow them on social media and get their updates first hand. Just a sign of the times, but mindblowing nevertheless.

The blood selfie was fucking retarded, I'd never want to express anything of the sort on social media until long after, perhaps as a fundraiser for the friends family.

I might share pics of dead ISIS fighters.

War isn't all selfies and snapchat filters tho.

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:36 PM)Ringo Wrote:  

Sidenote - it's bizarre that we are at a point in history when regular people can wage warfare 10.000km away and you can follow them on social media and get their updates first hand. Just a sign of the times, but mindblowing nevertheless.

Denmark to Kurdistan is like 2-3 days in train or maybe a month on a horse (?), not that far to join in any period of history. The social media fucks up everything though.

But yea, it probably depends how you look at death, if I been in the same position as her and the situation would allow it, I would probably send some pics of a dead ISIS guy back home to my military friends.

Don't care if you have your friend's blood on you, you are just a bitch taking a selfie.

War Attention Whore.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

TLDR: semi-attractive hamster self deports to Islamic country to be banged out by alpha males and attention whore on the internet.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Kurds were fighting for their tribe and they're a pack which sticks together, especially when fighting Jihadi fighters so I can't really comment on this.

The selfie thing isn't unique to women actually, especially when real violence and shit is concerned. Cartels and drug pushers use IG to attention whore and poke fun at their enemies, as do soldiers from Syria and Iraq.

Majority of attention whores I found to be men of a military or criminal background. She is bangable and is definitely Kurdish from her looks.

She should have considered the consequences of showing her face to the world however because there are plenty of hidden Jihadi cowards ready to do harm to people, especially Kurdish women. To capture or kill a Kurdish woman is a prize unto itself for Islamic psychos.

And the Norweigan government can fuck right off. They let terrorists roam free and want to lock her up? [Image: lol.gif] Stupid country.

Quote: (02-13-2017 01:59 PM)Once Was Not Wrote:  

Body is bangable, face seems to vary wildly. Either war has drastically aged her face or makeup covers up a very non 23 years old looking face. Should be at home popping out babies and in the kitchen. Women don't belong in battle, in war, on the front lines, whatever.

Hilarious that she felt to need to pick up the slack in Europe and go defend her country instead of men doing it. Hilarious that she's been branded a terrorist for fighting actual terrorists. Scandinavia is so fucking retarded it's mind blowing. Denmark only has five million or so people, do they really think they can afford a "benevolent de-radicalisation programme"? They'll wipe themselves off the map faster and easier than any invading force in their history could have imagined.

Sun and sand will do to one face.

Interest level: Kyle

[Image: giphy.gif]

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

I don't understand how some on here seem to be hating on her. Holy shit, she is woman of the year to me. Nothing but respect, going by the info in the original post.

She should be a national hero. Maybe she still will be one day.

I think her tits might be very floppy and may be deflated when the bra comes off. You can store quarter between her rack. WB still like that ethnic look.

Quote: (02-13-2017 08:19 PM)Moto Wrote:  

I don't understand how some on here seem to be hating on her. Holy shit, she is woman of the year to me. Nothing but respect, going by the info in the original post.

[Image: 309896204_d4331fe2f0.jpg]

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

WSW
Would Shoot With

WBF
Would Burst Fire

WLEM
Would Let Empty Magazine

WLPA
Would Let Pump Action

WSEO
Would Shoot Eye Out

WDH
Would Drop Hammer

WGDA
Would Give Double Action

WFS
Would Field Strip

WPC
Would Pipe Clean

WWL
Would Well Lubricate

WURR
Would Use Ram Rod

Christ, this borderline makes me ill.

Nothing ISIS would like more than to capture an attractive chick as a sex slave.

If I were war'ring-it-up somewhere, best case scenario is that enemies send me hot chicks for me to gun down and/or dick down.

It has been noted that Stockholm Syndrome is much more pronounced among women for a reason.

I am also not surprised that the origins of this phrase involves Sweden...

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (02-13-2017 08:59 PM)philosophical_recovery Wrote:  

WSW
Would Shoot With

WBF
Would Burst Fire

WLEM
Would Let Empty Magazine

WLPA
Would Let Pump Action

WSEO
Would Shoot Eye Out

WDH
Would Drop Hammer

WGDA
Would Give Double Action

WFS
Would Field Strip

WPC
Would Pipe Clean

WWL
Would Well Lubricate

WURR
Would Use Ram Rod

WL

Would Load

Remissas, discite, vivet.
God save us from people who mean well. -storm

Quote: (02-13-2017 08:52 PM)RIslander Wrote:  

Quote: (02-13-2017 08:19 PM)Moto Wrote:  

[Image: 309896204_d4331fe2f0.jpg]

I don't agree with seeing this as a "putting on a pedestal" situation. It's often posted about how there are so many cucks particularly in the Scandinavian countries. Well here is a person that is actually DOING something and fighting for what they believe in. I have no problem giving major credit to that person even if they are a WB chick.

As far as the war selfies, is it just a woman being a woman? Psychological effect of war? Combination of both? I've never come close to being in any kind of combat situation so I won't even try to make a comment on what I think is going on there.

Quote:Crisp Wrote:

I've never come close to being in any kind of combat situation so I won't even try to make a comment on what I think is going on there.

What is going on here is incredibly poor personal security (persec).

She's either a world class attention whore or she's trying to do some kind of psyop. I can see that working two ways: no ISIS asshole wants to get capped by a girl, and maybe she thinks she can rally people to the cause to come help.

If it's the latter (psyop, I mean), I respect that. I just hope she's not fucking over her family, if there are any around for ISIS to specifically target. And I hope she saves her last bullet for herself.

If it means dead ISIS members she can attention whore as much as she feels. I'd even give her a "like".