rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The term "Game" is too vague and should be split into its component parts

In this thread, where people are asked to define "game" in one sentence, people have responded with everything from "self improvement" to "fun" to "fuck it" to "Nothing is game, Even anti-game is game".

thread-48761-page-4.html

So basically, "Game" is a meaningless load of crap. It is vague-ism and obscurantism. It's voodoo and magic.

Couple that with some of the other words people use to try and explain what women find attractive:
Quote: (02-12-2017 02:58 AM)kartik13 Wrote:  

Overall, the main message is women pick up on your aura, vibes, and energy. Women are very intuitive and can pick up on things that logic cannot comprehend.

What exactly the eff is "aura" and "vibes"? How are people supposed to produce "aura" and "vibes", and add that to their "game" to better their sexual success, if that doesn't even mean anything?

I submit that using the word "game" in the context of courtship is akin to referring to steak as an "animal product", chairs as a "wooden structures", and a blog as "entertainment". It's going in the opposite direction to increased understanding.

Even the common meaning of the word "game" has a billion different definitions:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game#Other_definitions

I propose more specific terms be used instead, and the term "game" be either defined as a specific group of those terms, or done away with. Feel free to criticize this to your hearts content, so we can home in on exactly what we are talking about when we say "game".

Question: Is "game" courtship?
Quote:Quote:

the behavior of animals that leads to sexual activity or the period of time when such behavior occurs

If so, what does "having game" mean? Skill at courtship for a given level of attractiveness?

Perhaps it is this in combination with other things. If that is the case, I submit this first level breakdown for "game" to be these often-conflated parts:

- Introduction. Anything that involves you becoming acquainted with a strange woman. This could be you approaching them, them approaching you, meeting them indirectly through social circle, arranging a date online, and so on.

- Courtship. Comprised of two things: (a) skill in presentation of sexual fitness (or 'SMV' if you like); (b) skill in navigating the interaction towards a sexual relationship.

(a) Could be considered "sexual salesmanship". Same as any other sale: the product is the same, but there are different ways to present it that can improve or damage the chance of a sale. Simple illustration: if you're rich, you don't say "hey did you know how rich I am?", you present it more subtly; if you're a well-liked local musician, you don't say "my show last night was a hit", your friend just happens to drop by to say offhand "by the way, we enjoyed your show last night". If you're funny or a skilled dancer, you tweak your date plans to improve your chance of demonstrating this. If you're just really handsome but a bit socially awkward, you'd focus more on things like Tinder. If you're a natural social leader but not so good looking, you'd leverage that with something like starting and running a popular pub crawl.

(b) Basically "understanding of the female sexual response". You can correctly read and tease out signals of where her feelings are (so called "buying temperature"), you understand the obstacles that may come up and understand how to circumnavigate them (friends, logistics etc), you know when to take a certain action and when to hold off etc. This isn't just in the interaction (e.g. when you touch and where), but also in preparation and future planning (e.g. know good places to bounce to next, don't escalate if you know there is no chance of getting her alone that night, etc). It would also cover screening (since that's detecting the chance of her being DTF with you), and also managing relationships (knowing when she's losing sexual respect for you, or she's up to no good and it's not worth continuing etc).

- Hidden Attractiveness. Aspects of your attractiveness that are not apparent unless you do something. It is attractiveness that must be presented during courtship. Examples include: humour, wisdom, achievements, social reputation (unless you're so famous everyone knows it already), power, wealth, character strengths (what women's so called "shit tests" try to test), neuromuscular co-ordination (why girls get excited by performances of good dancing or music), healthy psychology and bodily energy output (good posture, energetic personality, positivity) and so on. Fundamentally these are displays of bodily health and strength that are not immediately apparent (e.g. central nervous system, endocrine system). These can all be improved to varying degrees and with varying difficulty. This is most frequently blurred together with courtship and both called "game". It is not the same as Courtship:Sexual Salesmanship, since that is the presentation aspect; Hidden Attractiveness is the traits you have or build upon, that must be presented during the Courtship. I.e. "your hand of cards" versus "how you play them".

- Immediate Attractiveness. Aspects of your attractiveness that need little or no presentation -- they are just there and visible from the get go. Things like height, facial attractiveness, style (hairstyle & clothing etc), muscularity, shoulder width, dick size (later), etc. There are two components to this: (a) changeable traits, such as muscularity; (b) unchangeable traits (such as height), which isn't really considered part of "game" unless moving somewhere men are shorter is "game".

All of those parts connect with each other, but I think that's a much higher resolution picture than "game".

Can anyone see any issues with that breakdown? Anything that wouldn't fit into any of those categories or sub-categories?

Interesting post. With respect, I'm not sure that I agree with it at all though. Just because most people can't define game, or because there's no universally accepted definition, doesn't mean that it's a meaningless concept.
I consider 'game' to broadly refer to behaviour on the part of a man that directs his interaction with a woman in the direction of sex. This, it seems to me, is the way it is implicitly defined through common usage. It includes: conversational ability (incl. flirtation, emotive anecdotes, dealing with shit tests etc.), body language, vocal tonality, and physical escalation. Everything else you've listed (e.g. height, wealth etc.), although certainly attractive qualities, are part of smv as opposed to game. SMV can be built on but you're limited by genetics/social station (although both can be overcome with immense effort); game is learnable for all guys without serious psychological/mental deficiencies.

^ So would you agree with the statement then that: "game" just means "courtship"?

Quote: (02-12-2017 07:01 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

^ So would you agree with the statement then that: "game" just means "courtship"?

I just googled 'courtship' and of the multiple definitions provided, these two overlap with how I view 'game': 'the behaviour of male birds and other animals aimed at attracting a mate' and 'behaviour designed to persuade someone to marry or develop a romantic relationship with one'

The key take-away being that game is behaviour that creates attraction and effectively capitalises on that attraction to result in sex. It that's what you define courtship as, then yes.

According to the way you've defined the terms, approach + courtship = game. The rest = value that enhances attraction making it easier to game.

In my humble newbie opinion [Image: smile.gif]

Paging WIA, but no signal [Image: fatter.gif]

Women's sexual screening process is ancient, subconscious, and primitive. It only functions properly when men are passively screened. Once men understand how the screening works they are able to manipulate the outcome as if playing a game of chess, with various moves and counter-moves that can be reasoned out (see the flowchart in the other thread). That's why it's called "game".

The reason why women hate PUA is that despite their supposed ability to multitask, they have difficulty applying higher-order reason to the courtship process. (They "hamster", but it's not the same thing.) So it's like playing chess with someone who makes decisions out of emotional impulses rather than reason.

I am of the Nick Krauser and WIA school of thought here(I believe).

Game is seduction- the things you do to seduce women.

Everything else is "leverage"- lifting, style, stacking cash, being tall/good looking, being in a good social circle, etc.

Game is what you say and do to make a woman do what you want.

It is getting compliance from a woman by accessing her psychology.

It is working on a womans emotions, emotions being the level on which she lives her life.

You see a broad with an emo artist or drug dealer while stringing along TJ the Finance Associate, its because the bad guy gives her a wide range of emotions AT WILL, on his own terms.

It is being a woman's emotions dealer, something she's an addict to.

Game is giving a woman what she wants on a deep primal level by what you say and do
1) To her
2) With her

what about money, looks, social status, accent, central location??

Not really relevant to how you IMPACT a woman emotionally.

So in all scenarios of game, what we are looking to do is stir up her emotions.

Failing to do this leads dudes to open up threads about a modern broads love for her smartphone.

I really like this reply but just want to change one thing:

Quote: (02-12-2017 02:59 PM)El Padrone Wrote:  

Game is what you say and do to make a woman people do what you want.

It is getting compliance from a woman people by accessing her their psychology.

* Marketing use Game
* Girl's got Game too so it's not related to guys only
* ConMen...
And the list can go on

The term Game is not too vague, it has already been compartmented, limiting the understanding of Game to women in special situation (Day/Night/Online)...

This concept englobes more than that, it's more like "Knowing The Ropes..." or "Pushing the right buttons..."

Dividing it mean that guys go do Day/Night Game or Online Game and then go back home doing whatever they usually do hoping to find some unicorn that way, Game should be internalized to the point of being applied uncousciously on everybody you meet at every moments until your life is done...

Trying to explain Game is like trying to explain smartness or wealth: once the debat is over you're still at the same point...

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

But without context in a blacked out room when someone says:

"he's got game" theres only one thing that comes to mind

Seduction-women

Attraction and passion are non-negotiable

I've found that if I just show up and act myself, then I can hook up just fine.

If you need to run a scam called "game" to get laid, then that's fine, too. Whatever works.

I'll personally just be me. I've found that just being me gets me laid.

So after all is said and done, Game, for the most part, is accomplished through
1) Conversation
2) Conversation
3) Conversation.

This is because of a stark truth of human nature. Our Brains, especially the female brain, CANNOT distinguish between what is real and what is not especially if that ''thing'' has an impact on us.

Example, you're watching a horror movie, but you find yourself getting as scared as the haunted ACTOR. You got goosebumps all over you.

You don't need to whip out the C notes to give her AN EXPERIENCE that impacts her powerfully.

That is Game.

Your mind can't tell the difference between reality and fiction.

Its why broads want their romances to be like the shit they watch on the telenovelas or the nonsense they read in their crappy romance novels. To them, its all the same thing.

So you make her happy today, next you make her introspect, next you pulled her back to the time she was a kid and had no cares, then you make her angry, then you pour some gasoline on that shit, then you step it down as a penitent asshole, then you make her visualize the future, then you make her tell you how she feels.

Game is all aboue the FEELS you can generate for a broad.

When next you watch infields, ask yourself what emotions/feels is the dude generating for the broad?

When next you approach a broad, always let that be your True North.

See? Exactly the same stuff again. Everybody is calling game something different.

Quote: (02-12-2017 02:48 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Game is seduction- the things you do to seduce women.

Everything else is "leverage"- lifting, style, stacking cash, being tall/good looking, being in a good social circle, etc.

Lifting and earning money is a thing you do right? So this contradicts itself.

Quote: (02-12-2017 01:47 PM)questor70 Wrote:  

Once men understand how the screening works they are able to manipulate the outcome as if playing a game of chess, with various moves and counter-moves that can be reasoned out (see the flowchart in the other thread). That's why it's called "game".

So: Game is manipulation of females.

Quote: (02-13-2017 02:15 AM)blck Wrote:  

I really like this reply but just want to change one thing:

Game is what you say and do to make a woman people do what you want.

So: Game is manipulation of everybody.

Quote: (02-13-2017 02:20 AM)Mufasa Wrote:  

But without context in a blacked out room when someone says:

"he's got game" theres only one thing that comes to mind

Seduction-women

So: Game is seduction.

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:44 AM)BrewDog Wrote:  

If you need to run a scam called "game" to get laid, then that's fine, too.

So: Game is a scam.

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:47 AM)El Padrone Wrote:  

So after all is said and done, Game, for the most part, is accomplished through
1) Conversation
2) Conversation
3) Conversation.

So: Game means conversation.

Same old blurting? This poses a question: is persisting in the use of this vague and subjective term a thing people are doing deliberately? If so what is the purpose of this?

Is using a vague term in a knowing manner (like pretending it can be distilled down to a mere sentence) a source of wisdom posturing for social reputation aims?

So perhaps instead of just doing more of the same "game in one sentence" stuff, critique the breakdown I supplied, instead of just throwing out new "game is X" platitudes.

You're hung up on semantics. When people sling the term "game" around, they're referring to a series of beliefs (red-pill knowledge) and disciplines (lifting, approaches, holding frame, etc...) it as an -ism, a package-deal. Think of stuff like taoism.

Game is sort of a self-help religion in the vein of the Power of Postive Thinking or The Secret. Its purpose is to try to give men more of what they want (namely tail).

Quote: (02-13-2017 10:40 AM)questor70 Wrote:  

You're hung up on semantics. When people sling the term "game" around, they're referring to a series of beliefs (red-pill knowledge) and disciplines (lifting, approaches, holding frame, etc...) it as an -ism, a package-deal. Think of stuff like taoism.

Game is sort of a self-help religion in the vein of the Power of Postive Thinking or The Secret. Its purpose is to try to give men more of what they want (namely tail).

Nah to me these are just externals. Game is about developing the mindset to cold approach women. That is definitely a skill and not to be underestimated, even if it seems easy now you're learned it.

Quote: (02-12-2017 02:59 PM)El Padrone Wrote:  

Game is what you say and do to make a woman do what you want.

Yeah this my definition of Game as well.

Game, to me, is also your ability to adapt quickly for each girl. Your ability to pick up on subtle hints and what will/won't work on a particular girl and adapting on the fly to make sure you get the results you're looking for.

True Masters of Game are the guys who can pick up girls with ease. Yes, external factors like looks, how much money you make, etc. help but I don't consider that part of a man's 'Game'. It's more or less the mental game he uses on the female.

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

game is seduction, bolstered by inner confidence, frame, communication skills, and red pill truth. red pill truth is the knowledge of the true nature of men and women, and intentional de-programming of societal propoganda.

Yes there are many facets to game. If you are deficient in one, improving it can bring great results. Imagine a Ferrari with a flat tire. If you fix the correct tire, then you will have success. So for some guys, game is self improvement, for others its frame, for others its red pill truth. Other guys are naturals. Some are even born on third base and think they hit a triple. Everyone comes to this from a different place.

courtship might be, "May I buy you a Drink?," or at least it used to be, but that is not game, simply because that is not effective, creates a poor frame, and ignores certain red pill truths.

Lifting weights is not game. That's like saying taking a shower is game. Game is what you say and do when you are COMMUNICATING with a woman in order to seduce her.

Quote: (02-13-2017 05:58 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

So: Game is a scam.

Well, yeah.

You can be charming and funny and have a great time with a girl to get laid without needing some jedi mindtricks to fool her into thinking you're something you aren't.

Some guys wear a suit and tell girls he's rich and in South America to start a business. And if that gets him laid, then that's fine. I have no trouble with it whatsoever. It's not like women aren't out of their fucking minds and lie about shit incessantly. Women deserve what they sow.

But I show up in a hoodie, entertain her, make her laugh, drink beers all nite and then take her home. There's nothing wrong with that either if the result is the same. If I go a night without sex because I didn't run a scam - sorry "game" - then I'm fine with it.

Game is a relationship based, communication methodology engineered to leverage the power dynamic in favor of the male rather than the female, in pre-sexual, and post-sexual interactions.

I might make that my mission statement.

Quote: (02-13-2017 03:47 PM)Kieran Wrote:  

Lifting weights is not game. That's like saying taking a shower is game.

[Image: laugh3.gif]

How dare you mock my shower game!

Quote: (02-13-2017 04:03 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

You can be charming and funny and have a great time with a girl to get laid without needing some jedi mindtricks to fool her into thinking you're something you aren't.

Quote: (02-13-2017 04:03 PM)BrewDog Wrote:  

But I show up in a hoodie, entertain her, make her laugh, drink beers all nite and then take her home. There's nothing wrong with that either if the result is the same. If I go a night without sex because I didn't run a scam - sorry "game" - then I'm fine with it.

But this is also game, just a natural version without pua routines.

Saying someone 'has game' is just the modern equivalent of saying 'he's good with women'. It implies he knows how to act around and talk to a woman in a manner that gets him laid.

Game in classic context means seduction. Duh..

The entire premise of this topic is a result of too much over-analyzing and typing on the internet.

Game is like social skills for fucking girls.