rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Avoiding drunk westerners in Phuket

I'm heading to Phuket, Thailand for a few days later this month with a couple of mates. I know it has a reputation for being infested with tourists and drunk westerners.

I'm looking for somewhere to stay that isn't full of drunk backpackers. Maybe an airbnb or cheap hotel. Anyone here who's been to Phuket before can make any recommendations?

Any other information about Phuket, cool places to visit etc would be super welcome.

Thanks
-R

My blog: https://fireandforget.co

"There's something primal about choking a girl. I always choke a girl as soon as possible after meeting her, it never fails to get the pussy juices flowing."

Yeah, I been there. Trust me, the Thai people in Phuket are going to piss you off a lot faster than the tourist will.

You chose the wrong city. Just being honest. You're going to hear " You see Thailand, You see Muai Thai" blasted from those annoying little trucks speakers 24/7.

Unless you're going to get a sleeve done, change your travel plans. People don't get drunk in Phuket to party, they get drunk to drown out the annoying Thai people there and pretend they are in a different city.

Vincent Vinturi on the forum knows a lot about the cities on the outskirts of Phuket without the tourist, send him a pm, I'm sure he will help.

Probably best to stay clear or the Patong area. Admittedly, that's the only area I've stayed but it's a pretty big island so I'm sure there will be other areas with less drunk westerners. But like the poster above said, Thai's trying to rip you off every 5 mins is more annoying than the tourists

Maybe look into Phuket town or Kata

All the little places just outside of Phuket are awesome. Kata has one of my favorite beaches in the world. Much calmer than Phuket proper/Patong.

Quote: (02-06-2017 01:58 AM)natas305 Wrote:  

All the little places just outside of Phuket are awesome. Kata has one of my favorite beaches in the world. Much calmer than Phuket proper/Patong.

Cool. Any tips on places to stay in Kata?

"There's something primal about choking a girl. I always choke a girl as soon as possible after meeting her, it never fails to get the pussy juices flowing."

I spent three months at Rawai beach. It's pretty rural/small town. I stayed there for Muay Thai. There's lots of quality gyms in the area, probably because its cheap for the Thais to set up shop there. I liked it there because it was quiet and slow paced. You might get bored with it quickly if youre looking for new experiences daily. I started traveling up the highway to Kata and Karon almost daily. They are more developed with higher class hotels and stores/shops. I always said if I went back I would stay in one of those towns. There wasn't any Muay Thai there though. A single gym that I popped in on to have a look and wasn't impressed. A couple Thai trainers teaching tourists only.

I hardly ever saw a cop in Rawai. Which is cool if you don't want to wear your helmut on your motorbike or ride home after you've had a few drinks or whatever but it is kind of the wild west. Got warned to watch myself after midnight, shouldn't be out alone ect. Nothing happened even though I tempted fate, but that's another story.

Kata has one of the top beaches on Phuket. Nai Harn is inbetween Kata and Rawai. Its gorgeous.

I stayed here http://www.palm-village.com/ . I'd recommend it. The couple who owned it were very accommodating and professional. Educated high class and speak perfect english. It's not cheap but the bungalows are in nice shape and kept up and it was safe and secure. They sent a car to pick me up on arrival, for a fee, and they had motorbikes for rent. I liked that since other rental places might scam you. They'll try and make you pay for damage to a bike you didn't cause and stuff like that. As it was, I damaged my bike and these people waved it off. Didn't care. And I always had water when I turned the tap on ... not something to be taken for granted in the area.

If youre going to stay in an area like Rawai/Nai Harn/Kata you need a motor bike. And they're a lot of fun to rip around the narrow curvy roads on.

When I stayed in Phuket I stayed at Kata beach. It was amazingly relaxing, don't think i saw one drunk fuckhead Aussie about and seems to be the place for a lot of quality Russian and Scandinavian women.

I went to Patong for an afternoon and couldnt wait to get away from there.

You will definitely need a motorbike to get around but it is quite casual around that area and you wont feel like you are going to get nailed by a bus unless you get an idea of the flow of traffic. Generally if you see someone waiting on a side street waiting to pull out, be sure to honk your horn if you arent going to stop of them. Otherwise you should be fine. Also take it easy on the coastal mountain roads, they can be quite windy and there are no signs to advise what speed you should be taking the corners at.

I am thinking about going to Phuket for a month myself but it does look very touristy and I don't really want to get stuck in those freelance or gogo bars to be honest.

However I did hear they have got some pretty decent nightclubs but again I haven't been there, yet.

Might just go bkk instead, it's just the beach that is appealing to me really.

Avoid Phuket

Sounds like Kata beach is the place. Thank you gentlemen!

Followup

Just got back from a three day scouting expedition in Rawai, Phuket.

I can confirm the sentiment about avoiding Phuket, at least if you are looking to pick up. It might be good for training Muay Thai but it is not a good place to go to meet girls.

Luther gave great advice, which I will make some minor additions to:

Quote: (02-06-2017 04:16 AM)Luther Wrote:  

I spent three months at Rawai beach. It's pretty rural/small town. I stayed there for Muay Thai. There's lots of quality gyms in the area, probably because its cheap for the Thais to set up shop there. I liked it there because it was quiet and slow paced. You might get bored with it quickly if you're looking for new experiences daily.

Agreed. Rawai is a sleepy town, it would be excellent for grinding on something like an internet business or training Muay Thai.

Quote:Quote:

I hardly ever saw a cop in Rawai. Which is cool if you don't want to wear your helmut on your motorbike or ride home after you've had a few drinks or whatever but it is kind of the wild west.

Riding without a helmet?

[Image: attachment.jpg35821]   

Thai people are some of the worst drivers in the world, outside my apartment in Bangkok there is a stretch of highway where motorcyclists regularly ride the wrong way to avoid taking a U-turn further down. Unbelievable.

Kata has one of the top beaches on Phuket. Nai Harn is inbetween Kata and Rawai. Its gorgeous.

+1 for Nai Harn beach. Two other excellent ones are Yanui (great for snorkeling) and Ao Hune.

I stayed here http://www.palm-village.com/ . I'd recommend it. The couple who owned it were very accommodating and professional. Educated high class and speak perfect english. It's not cheap but the bungalows are in nice shape and kept up and it was safe and secure. They sent a car to pick me up on arrival, for a fee, and they had motorbikes for rent. I liked that since other rental places might scam you. They'll try and make you pay for damage to a bike you didn't cause and stuff like that. As it was, I damaged my bike and these people waved it off. Didn't care. And I always had water when I turned the tap on ... not something to be taken for granted in the area.

I stayed here on this advice, and can back it up. Palm village is great if a little pricey. When we arrived the aircon wasn't working, they fixed it that same day and even gave us an extra bed for free when my friend arrived. The little bike they rented me was just fine and cheap at 200B per day.

Here is a rundown of my pick up adventures in Rawai.

I mostly followed THC's excellent advice:

Quote: (06-27-2013 12:27 PM)TravelHardcore Wrote:  

Thailand - Rawai (Phuket)

From Patong you can take a taxi to Rawai. It's quite expensive (around 800B) so it's better if you're traveling with friends to split the cost.

Note that the best way to get to Rawai is via one of the local blue buses. They are a bit slower but only cost 30B instead of 800B. The locals won't really tell you about these unless you specifically ask about it.

There are 2 clubs in Rawai, both are after hour clubs. There's The Laguna and ICON. The Laguana night club is located next to the Laguna, a collection of beer bars, which could be interesting in high season but in low season, there was just not enough crowd.

The Laguana Nightclub starts getting crowded around 2am when the bar girls start showing up. So as you would have guessed, it's shoring time again. They play good music and the bar did get enough crowd even in low season. But since Rawai is a small place, be prepared to run into the same faces the very next day. Also, word gets around cause everybody knows everybody somehow. I went there twice, shored once and the second time found a normal girl. The shoring was not a very pleasant experience, I'll put up the lay report later.

[Image: 2mwicr5.jpg]
Random internet pic

Your other option is ICON, it's location seemed a bit isolated and I only went there once. This is definitely an after hour place. I showed up at 2am and the place was still filling up.

What to do before 2am in the night? Well there's a bunch of beer bars left and right, but I wouldn't recommend them. It is possible to shore girls there, but it will take some effort and if you do, it's better to number close and meet up with them during the day or at the after hour places.

I can concur that the beer bars are a complete waste of time. They are just full of old fat white dudes with young thai hookers. I found it sad and kind of disgusting. Laguna did not deliver for me at all either.

I think THC must have visited in low season. When I went it was high season and every single young Thai girl was working, no normal girls to be seen. Laguna was full of chicks, all hookers. It was ridiculous.

Maybe in low season you'd stand a better chance of shoring, but in high season they are out to make cash.

I ran some improvised "scooter game". What I'd do is drive aimlessly around at a low speed (during daytime) and look for girls. I'd either look for girls sitting or walking around or even get girls driving a motorbike and make them pull over so I can number close them.

This was the money shot for me.

I went out the second day and rode around on the bike. I was accomplishing two goals - to explore the area, and chat up random girls.

I pulled up next to these three girls on a bike and said "Put Angkrit dai mai?" (do you speak english?). One said yes so I told them they were all "na rak" (pretty) and did they think I was "na rak" too?

They giggle and said yes, then we pulled over and got off our bikes. The girls were all over me, they kept stroking my abs and one of them even tried to grab my cock. I told them several times "I look girlfriend, NO pay" until I was sure they had got the message. Turns out they were massage girls, they invited me to lunch with them so I went and we kept flirting in English and my extremely bad Thai.

I took the Line of the one who grabbed my cock and said I would pick her up after work. She messaged me at 11pm that night so I rode over to pick her up. It was pretty straightforward from there, I took her back to my place, we chatted for a while outside and then went into my room. She had a kid somewhere in the country and was working in Phuket to send money back to her family.

The sex was disappointing, she didn't like kissing and she was on her period. After some persistence I got the panties off and fucked her anyway (I'll drink the blood) but she was a total starfish and I barely even finished cumming before she was off to the bathroom to clean herself up. Then she had the nerve to say to me "I like you so I free, but if I stay night you owe shop 300B". I said "What, you lied to me?! I'm taking you back right now." I got up and started getting dressed, she obviously decided I was serious so she changed her mind and said "OK no pay if you take me back before 10am tomorrow".

I took her back first thing the next morning. The bed looked like someone had been murdered on it, blood everywhere. Lucky I was checking out that day[Image: angel.gif] . I suppose this girl was a semi-pro, she liked me enough to sleep with me for free but I have to say I don't much like shoring and I probably won't try it again. These girls are just trying to make a living.

Also the sex was bad, -1 WNB again.

It's dangerous to ride a bike there with or without a helmet. I'd never ridden any type of motorbike before then. Had a few close calls and wiped out a couple times but nothing too serious. I saw lots of white guys with casts on or stitched up though and yes the Thais are reckless. They'll use the oncoming traffic lane as a turning lane and expect the oncoming traffic to maneuver around them. They'll drive half on the sidewalk in a car to get around slower bikes. I saw several man hole covers missing off of sewer holes on backstreets, try hitting that on a scooter. Or throw in the guy on a speed bike zipping in and around everyone on blind corners at 60 miles an hr with his girlfriend on the back. Then watch him stop infront of a bar and his girl gets off walks in, short skirt and hooker heels. Hilarious.

Ha! That picture of Laguna bar takes me back. I spent quite a bit of time there in the beginning before I got bored with it. I was there on one of my first nights on the island and watched a drunk tourist get punched out by locals. The doorman wouldn't let him into Laguna, maybe because he was wearing shorts, sandals and a wife beater. He tries to shove his way past the doorman and the doorman shoved back. There was another white guy sitting on his bike watching and he pipes up and says
"I recommend that you leave man, cuz in 30
seconds there's going to be 15 guys out here..."
He didn't get finished before three Thai guys stepped out and one sucker punches the guy out cold on the pavement. Bystander starts laughing his ass off and says... "told ya"
Note to self I thought, watch your ass and don't fuck with the locals. Too bad my drunk self didn't listen.

Quote: (02-07-2017 04:37 PM)Que enspastic Wrote:  

Avoid Phuket

Recommendations other than Phuket for beach location?

Hey fellow player, I'm in Phuket (pantong beach) right now... do not come here. Just don't. I have had very little luck over the past 3 days. All you see here are pros, tons of Russian girls that don't speak English ('been having really difficult time gaming them cuz of language barrier) and couples. Loud clubs, loud bars and overly expensive shit. Stay way from Pantong beach.

The main issue in Phuket is lack of targets, if you're not into P4P or shoring. There aren't many single girls who take part in the nightlife, none the less attractive ones. Plenty of attractive girls out during the day at the beach, shopping etc with their boyfriends but they disappear at night, understandably. I got with two girls in a week there but that Bangla Road type environment is my speciality and the girls weren't great quality. Patong can be a lot of fun but definitely not a gaming paradise.

Quote: (03-23-2017 01:21 AM)Robtormar Wrote:  

Hey fellow player, I'm in Phuket (pantong beach) right now... do not come here. Just don't. I have had very little luck over the past 3 days. All you see here are pros, tons of Russian girls that don't speak English ('been having really difficult time gaming them cuz of language barrier) and couples. Loud clubs, loud bars and overly expensive shit. Stay way from Pantong beach.

I am currently in Patong, Beach. I am evaluating a good to spot to post up in Thailand.

You are right most of the girls are P4P, and some might be down for shoring even then it would be tough. As matter of fact most of them come to Patong Beach purposely for it. Even coming from places like Bangkok.

On top of that you have to navigate your way through the Ladyboys. They have almost gotten me a few times. As for the Russians, there is a little potential for Russian girls here.

I've met a few here in some of the clubs, and some live and work in Patong Beach. But as you were saying, less than half them even speak good enough English to communicate with and the other half usually have their sponsor/boyfriend with them.

But overall Patong Beach is a bit too touristy in my opinion. Patong Beach is what it is, which is a tourist destination, not a gaming paradise.

A good place to hang out and party is Koh Phi Phi. I was surprised to find it still loaded with fun girls who are looking to hook up. My buddy went there twice, and both times pulled some action. I went there once, and I pulled on my first trip there.

i just returned from a 2 weeks vacation in phuket for my 5 th time and i can say that it never dissapointed me !
well i know that experience and result can vary from one person to another but i always find phuket and specially patong to be what i call a "target reach" area
first of all if you wanna stay in a more relaxed non touristic spot then i recommend kata or kamala beach so you can spend your day there on the beach which are far superior than patong beach btw and at night starting at 22.00 you have to be hitting for patong and bangla road !
i dont know your taste whether you into thai chicks or tourists but personally i always go for tourists and since i speak russian it helped me to pull some quality for sure but nerveless if you dont speak russian you still can find russian chicks that speak english and believe me they are around if you looked deeper ! or other nationalities such as Swedish ( hang out heavily in the swedish pub)

for hot spots i recommend you can hit illusion night club it is the biggest one an always packed with talent but it still depends on your dance game and you have right in front of it tiger which i personally not a big fan as its most fully of working girls who btw you can shore them if they find you exotic enough !
you still can occasionally pull some tourists who go inside to check it out specially coz they got a good music !

White room : this is your best bet if you wanna find some good quality as its a cozy club with some good music and lots of chicks heading there as well
And of course at bangla you can and should still do street game and hit on girls and ask them to go join you to a club or a drink or whatever and you can start from there
and if you went through all this and still didn't pull there is always a plan b where you can just hang out outside the big clubs like illusion around 2.30 am when the show is over and manage to game drunk chicks who are walking around .

Good hunting !

not many posts/threads on asia these days. whats going on?

have you got any pics of the girls you pulled?

If you want to avoid drunk tourists. Why go to one of the worst places on earth when it comes to drunk retarded tourists? Phuket, especially Patong, have become just like Pattaya, infested with drunk Russians and old fat English men.

There are a million other places to go to in Thailand with sweet endless beaches.

Koh Chang is my favorite place in Thailand. It's still somewhat untouched, but also not totally jungle. Koh Pha Ngan is also good. Calm most of the month, then you have Full Moon and Half Moon parties 3 times a month where you can go crazy. [Image: smile.gif]

Hey guyz, I wanted to party in America, but I am seeking to avoid vapid American skanks who have their own heads up their asses. Any suggestions?

#teamnoappetizers

I'm the King of Beijing!