rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tell me about Bakersfield CA

Its seems like the great Conservative secret in a heavily blue state. The County heavily voted Trump (source: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/re...alifornia/) and their is a local Uni (Cal State Bakersfield) for college poon. Downtown Bakersfield has low rent rate at $634 a month (Rentometer: https://www.rentometer.com/results/ZKqZKd8okmY). Also, its only 2 hours outside of LA so you can use the $$ saved from low rent to get a hotel and game on the weekends in LA. This city seems to good to be true. Is their some type of catch?[/quote]

Growth Over Everything Else.

Quote: (01-29-2017 11:06 AM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Its seems like the great Conservative secret in a heavily blue state. The County heavily voted Trump (source: http://www.politico.com/2016-election/re...alifornia/) and their is a local Uni (Cal State Bakersfield) for college poon. Downtown Bakersfield has low rent rate at $634 a month (Rentometer: https://www.rentometer.com/results/ZKqZKd8okmY). Also, its only 2 hours outside of LA so you can use the $$ saved from low rent to get a hotel and game on the weekends in LA. This city seems to good to be true. Is their some type of catch?

[Image: chuys-bike-night-bakersfield-ca.jpg]

[Image: o-METH-SHIRT-570.jpg?6]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

The catch is you haven't been there yet.

Americans are dreamers too

Quote: (01-29-2017 11:06 AM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Its seems like the great Conservative secret in a heavily blue state.

There is no secret. Everyone who's ever taken the 5 up to San Francisco has probably made a stop at Bakersfield.

It is a shit hole.

If you want conservative paradise, look more towards OC, especially Huntington Beach (working class) and Newport Beach (rich).

Bakersfield is a horrible shithole - the worst thing about it is the air quality.

Quote: (01-29-2017 12:56 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

There is no secret. Everyone who's ever taken the 5 up to San Francisco has probably made a stop at Bakersfield.

It is a shit hole.

This could be said about most desert cities in California.

The whole point of living in a desert is to be a desert rat, and the whole point of being a desert rat is that either you have been run out of the beautiful towns on the coast, you are hiding out, you want to do things you aren't supposed to be doing, or you were moving to Arizona and ran out of gas or lost your will before you got to the border.

People who live in desert towns have often run out of options, and they have personalities that are either spiky, just like desert plants, or venomous, just like desert spiders and reptiles. When you think of desert people, you should see in your head a tumble weed that got stopped by a bone dry storm drain.

Leather skin and an appetite for discomfort and conflict and long bouts of solitude are the prerequisites for living in the desert, and it isn't for everyone. There are some pretty tough homeless dudes there too, tough as in don't mind dehydration and sweat soaked clothes, not necessarily tough as in street fight tough, since there is plenty of room out there, no need to fight for a place to sleep, just drag your stuff for a hundred yards from the edge of town, and you are master of your own domain, unless the fire ants get you.

The only exceptions are places like Palm Springs where, not coincidentally, rich people have done their damnest to remove any aspect of true desert living from the equation, so the desert means that brief moment of discomfort when you leave your air conditioned house, to go to your air conditioned car, and then again those few seconds between your air conditioned car and the air conditioned mall where you plan to spend the afternoon ice skating.

The only time the rich go outside, they winter there, don't you know, is when it is in the 70's, to play golf or tennis, and I once heard that the sheer number of golf courses in and around Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta has actually lowered outside temperature by a few degrees. At the hotel pools in Palm Springs, on staff, they have buff young Hispanic guys with spray bottles of water walking around poolside spritzing down the scary old women baking in the sun whose husbands have died and left them all the money.

So, desert life is not so bad if you are really really rich. Sinatra, Bob Hope, guys like that had cool houses in the desert and streets named after them, and what the hell is a flash flood to you if it happens off season? Private playgrounds they could helicopter to when they got a red hair up their silky assholes.

For everyone else, well, if you like hopelessness, swamp coolers, biker gangs, meth chicks, and near unanimous homicidal rage when the summer desert winds kick up and the dust sand blasts your face and then collects in your ears, have at it, a nice little desert town might just be for you.

And if you are really really pissed off at someone, it takes very little effort to hide a body out there.

Carl Jung

Quote: (01-29-2017 01:52 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

It is a shit hole.

The whole point of living in a desert is to be a desert rat, and the whole point of being a desert rat is that either you have been run out of the beautiful towns on the coast, you are hiding out, you want to do things you aren't supposed to be doing, or you were moving to Arizona and ran out of gas or lost your will before you got to the border.

People who live in desert towns have often run out of options, and they have personalities that are either spiky, just like desert plants, or venomous, just like desert spiders and reptiles. When you think of desert people, you should see in your head a tumble weed that got stopped by a bone dry storm drain.

Leather skin and an appetite for discomfort and conflict and long bouts of solitude are the prerequisites for living in the desert, and it isn't for everyone. There are some pretty tough homeless dudes there too, tough as in don't mind dehydration and sweat soaked clothes, not necessarily tough as in street fight tough, since there is plenty of room out there, no need to fight for a place to sleep, just drag your stuff for a hundred yards from the edge of town, and you are master of your own domain, unless the fire ants get you.

The only exceptions are places like Palm Springs where, not coincidentally, rich people have done their damnest to remove any aspect of true desert living from the equation, so the desert means that brief moment of discomfort when you leave your air conditioned house, to go to your air conditioned car, and then again those few seconds between your air conditioned car and the air conditioned mall where you plan to spend the afternoon ice skating.

The only time the rich go outside, they winter there, don't you know, is when it is in the 70's, to play golf or tennis, and I once heard that the sheer number of golf courses in and around Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta has actually lowered outside temperature by a few degrees. At the hotel pools in Palm Springs, on staff, they have buff young Hispanic guys with spray bottles of water walking around poolside spritzing down the scary old women baking in the sun whose husbands have died and left them all the money.

So, desert life is not so bad if you are really really rich. Sinatra, Bob Hope, guys like that had cool houses in the desert and streets named after them, and what the hell is a flash flood to you if it happens off season? Private playgrounds they could helicopter to when they got a red hair up their silky assholes.

For everyone else, well, if you like hopelessness, swamp coolers, biker gangs, meth chicks, and near unanimous homicidal rage when the summer desert winds kick up and the dust sand blasts your face and then collects in your ears, have at it, a nice little desert town might just be for you.

And if you are really really pissed off at someone, it takes very little effort to hide a body out there.

This is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Bakersfield is hot as hell during the summer. The OC is where you want to be if you're a conservative in California.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy
Boycott these companies that hate men: King's Wiki Boycott List

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Bakersfield, not even once.

Can be said about Fresno, or anything in San Bernadino County,

There are exactly two non fast food restaurants in the city

Bakersfield is an absolute shithole full of stupid ass rednecks and ghetto Mexicans

There is nothing good there

Quote: (01-29-2017 05:54 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

What do you mean "not even once?"

It means it isn't worth it. Too much crime, gangs, lowlifes and poor air quality. Very few attractive women. The only pros to the areas mentioned above are that they are cheap.

John Michael Kane's Datasheets: Master The Credit Game: Save & Make Money By Being Credit Savvy

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. -Albert Einstein

Quote: (01-29-2017 07:53 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

It means it isn't worth it. Too much crime, gangs, lowlifes and poor air quality. Very few attractive women. The only pros to the areas mentioned above are that they are cheap.
Their has to be some niche. I'm guessing a rich side of town with quality poon waiting to be gamed....Maybe game the college chick and AMOG the frat boys at the frat partys......Something....Am I being to optimistic here?

Quote: (01-29-2017 07:50 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Quote: (01-29-2017 05:54 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

What do you mean "not even once?"

As in never visit the that place, even once.

It's from the old adage, "Crack, not even once"

Quote: (01-29-2017 07:58 PM)Thrill Jackson Wrote:  

Their has to be some niche. I'm guessing a rich side of town with quality poon waiting to be gamed....Maybe game the college chick and AMOG the frat boys at the frat partys......Something....Am I being to optimistic here?

The only thing I would say is that that city has grown from 250k to 350k in 10 years.

Why not check it out for a weekend and bust out a data sheet?

My experience passing through aligns with what others have said - incredibly dusty, hot, and a general sense of bleakness that extends deep into the horizon.

I think if you are looking for affordable desert locations that are red and have access to top tier talent, you might as well do Vegas or Scottsdale. While they are not nearly as close to LA, they have their own party going, both strong in terms of talent, and inexpensive. Plus you can always fly to LA in 1 hour.

There's a small community college in Bakersfield, but no major CSU or UC. Young women in Bakersfield tend to be illegal immigrants, fat or both. There may be a niche here or there, but by and large it is an industrial and agricultural town. These aren't things that attract quality women.

Quote: (01-29-2017 09:01 PM)DonovanVC Wrote:  

Why not check it out for a weekend and bust out a data sheet?

My experience passing through aligns with what others have said - incredibly dusty, hot, and a general sense of bleakness that extends deep into the horizon.

I think if you are looking for affordable desert locations that are red and have access to top tier talent, you might as well do Vegas or Scottsdale. While they are not nearly as close to LA, they have their own party going, both strong in terms of talent, and inexpensive. Plus you can always fly to LA in 1 hour.
I live over 500 miles away and its out of my budget.

Bakersfield gets air pollution from the nearby agriculture and petroleum industries. The closest city of any quality is Tehachapi I guess.

Well, if you want culture, the Buck Owens Museum is in Bakersfield.

That's everything nice I can think to say about Bakersfield.

"Nothing comes easier than madness in the world today
Mass paranoia is a mode not a malady"
Bad Religion - The Defense

Bakersfield and the Central Valley region in general is renowned for being the ass crack of California. The region has little natural scenery, shit weather, and literally smells like feces thanks to it being a center for the cattle industry. Avoid at all costs. If you want to come to California to hang out for a bit I would recommend getting a house in Isla Vista. You could split a triple room with some college kids for 500 a month. Live on the beach, fuck UCSB's abundant pool of hot women. Being around more conservative people isn't worth the perpetual smell of shit in your nostrils.

Quote: (01-29-2017 01:52 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

It is a shit hole.

So for quite a few people...it sucks.

Quote: (01-31-2017 05:46 AM)fiasco360 Wrote:  

So for quite a few people...it sucks.

Watch your step son, you're dissing my lady.

[Image: c654887875d4f14363c37a14942c9baf.jpg]

Carl Jung

Here is a list of American cities with the worst air pollution. Bakersfield is #3.

http://www.stateoftheair.org/2015/city-r...ties.html?